Arabellas Italian Ristorante
346 W. Central Av.
Winter Haven, FL 33880Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Arabellas Italian Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arabellas.us/
- Phone: 8632931797x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday ~ Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday ~ Saturday 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Italo Cassini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Arabellas Italian Ristorante
Welcome to Arabellas Ristorante, located in Time Square, the heart of historic downtown Winter Haven. We offer the best Italian and Mediterranean cuisine, created from the freshest ingredients and served in a warm, casually elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Arabellas Italian Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Winter Haven ›
Arabellas Italian Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (42)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (12)great for lunch (8)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great service excellent food.Mangomic2000Dined on 3/17/2014Great service excellent food. Love the find in a small townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Winter Haven RestaurantLynnDined on 3/15/2014All I can say is I wish I would have tried this restaurant sooner. Everyone in our party of four loved their meals. The wine selection was very good. The ambiance is very pleasant. I will be going there again soon. Please go to this restaurant. You will definitely enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were celebrating a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014We were celebrating a birthday and wanted to have a special dinner. We were not disappointed. Great service, great food! You have to save room for the bananas foster. Love this place!Special Features:
- not impressedgrannyDined on 3/8/2014this was my first and probably my last time at this restaurant. It had been billed as such a great place, but I was not impressed. pricey, crab cakes and soup were good, but the rolls were not and the entree was nothing special. Courses took forever to arrive, we were there over 2 hours, which is probably OK for some but we were 3 ladies and that was much too long. The piano player was nice but added to the overall noise so it was difficult to chat.. I can find much better food, ambience, and service for much less in this area. I won't be back.
- Nice experienceMRoyDined on 3/6/2014I've only eaten here for lunch but in that regard there is no place like it in Winter Haven. The salmon is outstanding so if you want a sure bet, that's it. I had the special (braised beef over noodles). The beef was good though the meal was not piping hot and for $10 I would have liked to see a little more on the plate. The bread served with lunch was also delicious but strangely the oil dip I'd had previously was missing and wasn't offered by the server. Come to think of it I'm not sure butter was available either. Overall I was happy with this dining experience, I love the atmosphere there and the restaurant itself with the exposed brick looking over the park. Our server was abrupt and "off" but I've had great service in the past.Special Features:
- Oh what a night!BonappetitDined on 3/5/2014Arabella's is wonderful! The service is outstanding and the food was delicious! The piano player came to our table to see if we had any special requests, and of course he did an excellent version of "unchained melody". I highly recommend this fine dining restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had not ben to ArabellasStarmanDined on 3/1/2014We had not ben to Arabellas in a while, But everything about our dining experience was just as wonderful as we remembered. The service was flawless and the food was more than excellent. Our server got busy taking a couple of large orders, but another member of the staff was right there to make sure that we did not wait for anything. Several times my wife and I remarked to each other that we almost felt like we were back in Philadelphia. A great eating experience and a good value. We will be making a reservation for Mother's day for sure.Special Features:
- Romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014This was our second time dining at Arabella's. We absolutely love it. Food is amazing, service is amazing. Our favorite place for a romantic dinner. Just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceRelaxingTimeForAllDined on 2/22/2014Our party of 8 arrived at the restaurant a little early, but were seated immediately. The food was delicious and the piano player makes the experience so romantic and relaxing. The special was duck breast and three in our party enjoyed it very much as others of us enjoyed veal, steak and shrimp. The sauces prepared with each dish were delicious. We enjoyed our flaming Bananas Foster for desert, prepared tableside! Definitely recommend Arabella's for a delicious, romantic, relaxing dining experience. Its great to have this restaurant in our town, and to be patronized for many years by locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booked this restaurant forMaryDined on 2/20/2014Booked this restaurant for 4 at 7pm, after reading reviews from other diners. We live on east coast of FL and were visiting relatives who live in Tampa area. We decided to spend the night and have a nice dinner out before heading home. We were not disappointed. Food was delicious, piano player knew any song requested, wait staff was attentive to the tiniest detail. I would return in a heart beat!Special Features:
- Very nice for special occasions!SchuylerDined on 2/19/2014Went to Arabellas for a birthday with the girlfriend and I was NOT disappointed!! The atmosphere was lovely, the waiters were all very nice, the food was great...very little to complain about. The average age of the people eating there was higher, more of a place older people go apparently, but while I was focused on the dinner I barely noticed at all and it had practically no effect on the wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diinner at ARABELLAS for Valentine'FANTASTICDined on 2/13/2014What a lovely evening we had. We were not rushed and we sat with a cocktail until we were ready to order. Our meal came with bread with a special spread and salad. We both had wine with dinner. I had 9oz Filet mignon topped with brandy green peppercorns cream sauce. My wife had Veal scaloppini with a shrimp and scallops sauteed in a light saffron wine sauce. I had dessert, New York Style Cheesecake, topped with caramel and almonds and coffee. My wife had an Italian liqueur. All the waiters were very attentive. Even the piano man came around asking what we like him to play for us. We picked Love Me Tender. He played many short versions of songs. Mostly romantic songs being it was mainly for couples having dinner for Valentine's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ExperiencePstanDined on 2/12/2014I was celebrating Valentine's Day and my wife's birthday. This was an outstanding experience and a romantic setting. Live pianist playing in the background taking requests and a list of wines that complimented any entree on the menu. I ordered the Bistecca di Manzo al Carbone, which is a delicious 16oz rib eye. My wife ordered a freshly made linguine pasta with shrimp and scallops in a Dijon mustard and garlic cream sauce (Gamberi e Capisanti Portofino). The service was incredible and everything was prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerAngieTMDined on 2/7/2014My husband and I had dinner here for the first time on my birthday. We enjoy fine dining experiences and we were not disappointed. The food was amazing - excellent raspberry vinaigrette dressing, curry chicken soup, and bread. As entrees, we had fettuccine alfredo with grilled chicken and the salmon (with parmesan risotto, with carrot, zucchini, yellow squash and artichoke). We shared cannoli for dessert. Two of the tables near us ordered food with table side preparation and we enjoyed watching the chef prepare, cook and serve the steaks. Oh, and there was a musician. Nice ambience.Special Features:
- A Dining Marvel in Polk CountyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/31/2014It is amazing to have such a great white-table cloth restaurant located in Polk County, home to a thousand Sports Bars & Grilles.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014A superb experience. We booked online and they noted from our comments it was our anniversary. The pianist came to the table to get a special request from us. The host wished us a happy anniversary and after the meal we were served an anniversary dessert. Definitely an experience not to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food. FullyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2014Excellent service and food. Fully recommended for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb serviceGregDined on 1/25/2014Arabella's restaurant has been the most consistent restaurant I have found since moving to central Florida. The quality of the food, the excellent service and wonderful experience every visit keep us returning. We love bringing new friends along for dinner, and they are always impressed. We think that Arabella's is one of the best values for the dollar in dining in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ronnie B.RonnieBDined on 1/21/2014Incredible evening. Food was awesome. Atmosphere was very good. Was slightly crowded, so service was a little slow. Enjoying appetizers and drinks with great atmosphere and great conversation made even the wait enjoyable. Arabella's is THE in spot in Winter Haven..or Lakeland for that matter.Special Features:
- OldesDawgDined on 1/18/2014Most of the customers were retirees. Piano player catered to their era in music. His actions were too dramatic.
- Great dining experienceFloridaSaraDined on 1/17/2014The food and the dining experience was wonderful. The interior of the restaurant is beautiful. I will be back to Arabella's again soon.Special Features:
- FabulousSusanjDined on 1/16/2014We've been to Arabella's twice and both experiences were fantastic! This has become my favorite restaurant. Great atmosphere, wonderful piano player, great waitstaff, phenomenal food! Love, love, love it!Special Features:
- Conventional but niceSuperchief1944Dined on 1/15/2014Arabella's is warm, comfortable traditional Italian spot with welcoming staff, full bar and a good piano player. Service is solid but leisurely for some: a word to the waiter can help with that. The food is generally well executed but the menu is stuck in the late 1980s. The head chef, Italo Cascini, was the long-time principal at Palm Court in Lakeland in the 1990s and his food was quite good. The food is still good but the menu is stuck in time and could use updating. On a recent visit though he showed what he is capable of doing with a dish called "Enzemino" which is not on the menu: it is a "stew" of sorts, made with kale and other bitter greens, in a thin red wine sauce (maybe with a bit of tomato) and fresh seafood. It is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceThundar1802Dined on 1/15/2014Took a chance and what a beautiful experience. Live piano and wonderful Svc and food. Must goI would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningEarnestDined on 1/15/2014The food was very good; the prices a bit high for the small town Winter Haven. The menu selection was very good, and the specialty for the night; rack of lamb was excellent, though expensive. The ambiance was quiet. The piano player was fairly good. His repertoire was satisfactory, but not outstanding. I would recommend the restaurant to those celebrating a special occasion. Earnest Mercer dined:: January 15, 2014Special Features:
- Special Gem DowntownrongDined on 1/11/2014Great for special occasion or if you just want some great fine dinning and awesome foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/7/2014Wonderful food with many tableside prepped foods. Awesome Ceasar Salad, Steak Diane, Bananas Foster. Professional service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plant based mealonna1VIPDined on 1/4/2014My husband and I eat a plant based diet and found Arabelle's very accommodating. We had whole grain pasta with marinara sauce and they prepared us a platter of grilled vegetables that included mushrooms, squash, zucchini and peppers. We appreciated the extra effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComplaintsClaudioDined on 1/4/20141. The waiter who served us should be more charismatic about his meneurism, and smile while serving....secondly, we asked for more bread in the middle of our meal from him and his assistant, and never received it. 2. My wife ordered "Veal Saltainboca"...But there was little evidence of prociuto in it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arablella'sArabellasVIPDined on 1/4/2014The Italian food wonderful and well worth the little extra you have to pay. I deviated from the cuisine and had the duck special which was terrific. Service was good and a piano provided a nice musical interlude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arabellas Always ExceedsjnshuffDined on 12/4/2013Birthday dinner at Arabellas on the 4th... What a great experience. Franco cooked Steak Diane for us and was his usual extraordinary self. The food, whatever dishes we order, never disappoints. Soft piano music in an elegant atmosphere; we love this place. Do expect to pay a little extra, but it is so worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJohnVIPDined on 12/3/2013Worth the drive, it you like great service and food try this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great experienceAlpineDined on 11/29/2013Wonderful atmosphere, friendly and gracious waiters, great piano player who plays lovely music. Most of all the food is fresh, flavorful and delicious.Special Features:
- I have never been dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/21/2013I have never been dissapointed at Arabellas. The food is wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened here ?CarmensensemanVIPDined on 11/13/2013It was Like we visited a different restuarant from our last experience. Service was responsive and good , but the food preparation was marginal. The table side Caesar was made at my wife's back, behind her.... No engagement. My veal Marsela sauce tasted and looked like it came from a can of mushroom soup. The red sauce was tasteless. Very disappointing.
- I have 14 friends on my tableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2013I have 14 friends on my table for my birthday celebration. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Again, Arrabella's does notLesaDined on 11/7/2013Again, Arrabella's does not disappoint. A real gem located in the heart of downtown Winter Haven. Great food, excellent service, friendly and capable staff. The Lamb and veal are special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- European CharmNewOrleansLuvDined on 11/2/2013Being from New Orleans and having traveled in Europe I love the feel, food & service of a 5 star restaurant this was our first dining experience at Arabellas. It was truly a gourmet and elegant evening. Highly recommend Arabellas to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite PlaceFavoritePlaceDined on 10/21/2013A friend called the other day and said she had phoned us the evening before..."You must have been at Arabella's"...and she was right! This is our favorite restaurant. The food, service, ambiance is wonderful. We have never been disappointed. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant aroundBarbDined on 10/19/2013Live in Lakeland and have nothing of this level in the areas of food, service, ambience, etc. Pianist was excellent with melody of Les Mis songs. Service is out of this world without being annoying. Would recommend especially for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.