La Piazza Dario Ristorante
3075 Slocan Street
Vancouver, BC V5M 3E4Neighborhood:
Renfrew / Collingwood
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
La Piazza Dario Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lapiazzadario.com/
- Phone: 6044302195x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm CLOSED SUNDAYS JULY AND AUGUST
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Claudio Ranallo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Piazza Dario Ristorante
Exceptional cuisine is life-enhancing magic. A magic to be enjoyed with family and friends, or as a companion to business proceedings. Come to our table with an open heart. At La Piazza you will encounter a warm relaxed atmosphere where fine cuisine is presented in gracious style. Bright and airy luncheons, or intimate candlelight dinners, dining at La Piazza is a revelation of the Italian gift for making an art out of life. Brilliant cuisine selected from the classic dishes of sunny Italy. Prepared from the finest ingredients by Chef Claudio Ranallo, and served in the continental tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Piazza Dario Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Renfrew / Collingwood ›
La Piazza Dario Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (27)romantic (24)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Valentine's day dinnerfoodnmeDined on 2/14/2014Went over for Valentines day dinner and we were pleasantly surprised. The appetizers were lovely and the main course was very good. The service was really good, the waitresses and waiters were really friendly and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014They serve the sections in teams but the overall result falls short. Rather than great service we had no service. Also had to send one entree back as it wasn't cooked through. Unfortunately we will not be back.Special Features:
- very goodBG604Dined on 2/14/2014was expensive but food was stellar, you have to order an appetizer, small pasta, and your main meal to get the full experience, oh yeah the wine too!Special Features:
- Never disappointededl45Dined on 2/13/2014Have enjoyed this place for decades...the food especially. The wait staff is very helpful and knowledgeable about the food and wines. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usual. NevergovtmuleDined on 1/25/2014Wonderful as usual. Never had a bad meal here and certainly some memorable ones despite the quantities of wine consumed. Service can be "relaxed" but always professional and engaging. My favorite meal has been the veal chop special which much to my regret was not on offer the night of our visit.Special Features:
- Enjoy it every timeLettermanDined on 1/18/2014My wife and I go here once or twice a year for special dinner occasions, and each time we have experienced great service and great food. Even though we only go once or twice a year, the servers remember us. The food has been very good to fantastic on each of our visits. It's not the most scenic location but the dining atmosphere is very enjoyable. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice local treatJustBusinessDined on 1/16/2014Food was well presented although I found my dish a little on the salty side (pollo a la gorgonzola). Other ordered salads and pastas which seemed like the way to go to get a full meal. I was left a little bit hungry at the end and wished I had also ordered an appetizer. Cafe Latte was surprisingly a little weak and not that flavourful. I would have expected an Italian restaurant to nail that down. Menu has variety of options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and quality4galslunchingDined on 1/15/2014I have eaten at this restaurant many times in past years, and always raved about it. This occurrence was very disappointing. Food was only adequate, and when a complaint was made about one dish, it was replaced, but there was no apology, and no follow up to see if the replacement meal was better.
- The Bestmkj1Dined on 1/13/2014I have been going to Piazza Dario for years, and it is a wonderful experience every time. It's the closest I have come to finding the ambience I found when I lived in Italy - the warmth of the people, the classy and unpretentious look of the place, and of course, the food, which is so good you want to slow down and savour it as you enjoy your evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time for us with some friendsjeffDined on 1/12/2014With all the hype of Dario's I must admit I was a little disappointed. To start the bread was mediocre and semi hard. The pasta we all ordered was ok but the serving size was way too small! For dessert the Tiramisu was served in a wine glass(strange) that was the smallest dessert I've ever seen.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014Excellent food and service. This was our first time there, and we will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Transported to ItalyUrbanPioneersDined on 1/5/2014We were promptly greeted like old friends (or family) and every second of service from that point on was perfect. All the food was fantastic, but the veal chop special was particularly amazing. The server recommended a wine in our price range without a moments hesitation, and it was so good we took a photo to source it for home meals. Dining at La Piazzo Dario fells like you have been transported from rainy Vancouver to the middle of Italy because the food is so authentic (and you are surrounded by Italian Families)Special Features:
- Good food and ambiencesonnyismsDined on 1/3/2014Have been to Dario's before and it's just as good and consistent as it has always been. Great food and awesome pastas. The service is friendly and not overbearing. The servers are really Italian, and have a very local neighbourly sensibility. I like that. Also, if you want to have a conversation, this is the place to go to. It's not noisy and we ended up chatting for 4 hours over dinner!Special Features:
- Viva L'Italiakatyb778Dined on 12/28/2013Went here with three others after a matinee performance in Vancouver. Arrived earlier than our reservation but no problem, they were glad we came sooner! Wine list is extensive and good but sommelier experience is seriously lacking (this is common in Vancouver though). There were specials, such as mussels for appetizer, explained to diners near us that were not offered to us, Food was well prepared although the vibrant pink colored potatoes on my partner's plate were unwelcome. Overall we were satisfied with our experience at Dario's and will likely return. Staff could be better trained to remember to impart all specials on offer, and definitely more wine knowledge would be a worthy effort from management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food,Service, AtmospheregolfalDined on 12/21/2013Excellent food and service in a great atmosphere. We arrived early and it was very quiet and were able to converse easily. The atmosphere is very good and the restaurant is conveniently located and easy to get to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most Italian food in Vancouver!Tasty1Dined on 12/18/2013The food was amazing, so delicious that everyone cleaned their plates. Service was friendly, restaurant was very busy but it was not noisy so it was easy to carry on a conversation with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not the last timeFamilyof5Dined on 12/12/2013This was our first time here. We brought my Aunt & Uncle since this is a place they like to frequent and we figured their son would know since he recommended it to us. What a fabulous meal and exceptional service. The wine list had great options in varied price points that would appeal to everyone's pocketbook. After enjoying a lovely meal, the chef came out and my Uncle commented how this was better than any meal he'd ever had in Italy. Next thing you know the chef sends out a platter of his new pasta creation "on the house". The best pistachio pesto I've ever had. This is a place we will definitely come back next time we're in Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ItalianAndyDined on 12/8/2013This might be Vancouver's best Italian restaurant. Delicious food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good People Good Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013Very good service, very good food, reasonably priced, great company, made it a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceBPC1Dined on 11/28/2013From the greeting at the door, to the decaf cappuccino with dessert, dinner was a great experience; delicious food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianFridayNightDinerDined on 11/22/2013The food is good although there was almost no balsamic drizzle on my bocconcini salad and my partners salmon was a bit over cooked. The wine list has something for every price point including tasty house wines. Give it a try.Special Features:
- easy diningcissyDined on 11/21/2013Its location is accessible, large spaces, same experienced staff, usually predictable food. My prawns/pasta was delicious! But, my partner's veal was not so good and she felt the veg too al dente. She should have told the waiter sooner but did not want to fuss. When she did, she got a whole new mini lunch with a better piece of veal. Good marks all round for that kind of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingarnboyDined on 11/18/2013Having dined there with friends in August and enjoying it immensely, we returned for my wife's birthday. At first we were seated next to a table of 20 people but when we asked they did move us to a quieter area. The restaurant was quite busy for a Monday yet there were only 2 servers so it took a while to order. Usually the first thing a server asks is for a drink order. That didn't happen so we tried to order drinks but she thought we were ordering salad. Despite the initial confusion our drinks arrived promptly as did our salad but there was a long wait for our mains. While it is always nice to see Veal on a menu and at a reasonable price ($22), my veal limone was bland My wife enjoyed her veal with mushrooms.Special Features:
- Long time Vancouver charnig restaurDiner56Dined on 10/26/2013Wonderful food- great people. I enjoy it immensely very timeSpecial Features:
- Nice pasta...pretty restaurant!StarryloveDined on 9/28/2013First time here. Attached to the Italian Cultural centre.... Wedding in progress but there is dedicated Dario's parking...thank goodness. Pretty restaurant. Husband had calamari ... Very good, gnocchi ... Excellent and side of meatballs... Very good. I had Caesar salad .... Good. I had their special lasagna vegetariano. It was the weakest of the night. The lasagna noodles were fresh and tasty. However, there were no veggies in the lasagna ... Just sauce, noodles and cheese. Weird. Dessert was the st. Honore cake...average. The other area of improvement should be service. While everyone was friendly...we had at least 5 different servers. Strange. Someone took our drink order. Someone else for mains, someone else for desserts. Strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday birthday lunchNancyDined on 9/27/2013my sister commented it was a terrific birthday lunch. antipasto was excellent, pasta was good, and the deserts were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off dayADAMO100Dined on 9/20/2013I have come here many times in the past. This is the first time where I felt our table was forgotten about. Had to wave a server down a couple of times. It wasn't even that busy. The food was good as always but my lamb chops were medium well instead of medium rare. Like I said ..... off day.
- Food is very good. ServicevivaDined on 9/14/2013Food is very good. Service was weird and not attentive. Would possibly go again (we'd been there before and really enjoyed it), but there are other Italian restaurants as good with better service. They were not able to accommodate minor requests for changes as dishes are already prepared.
- Great food - service was missingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2013From my favorite restaurant in the Lower Mainland (40+ visits) to a place I doubt I will return to. Claudio and his kitchen staff always put forth an amazing presentation of quality highly enjoyable food. That's the only positive thing I can say as this was the only redeeming portion of our evening. A special request for our anniversary (made at the time of reservation) was ignored completely. One of the dishes I ordered was completely forgotten - even thought they told me it was on its way. I had to continually refill our wine glasses myself. We were seated on folding chairs that had us hunching forward as we were not able to sit up straight in them. All this culminated to a bill where we were overcharged on their menu items. DisappointingSpecial Features:
- A virtual Private Dining ExperiencePrettyBirdsDined on 8/22/2013We chose a table on the patio and for much of our delightful lunch had the space to ourselves -- so even with physical and hearing challenges a couple of our group faces, we could communicate and enjoy the delicious food and buttery wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2013Food was OK but the service ruined what could have been an enjoyable night. Not only did our server ignore us but it went along with a grumpy attitude. Won't be back for a while, if ever.
- it's about timeBrainlessPDined on 8/16/2013Expect to wait. The servers respect your privacy and take awhile to make it to your table. The drinks are reasonably priced and fairly enjoyable. The food was good though the white sauce was bland. As like any Italian restaurant the owner/manager will visit the table for a chat and QC. The whole experience in the end took a little over two hours which was a bit much though I can clearly say that I will return wSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2013The food was delicious. We ordered a mussel appetizer and it tasted fresh. The orders came up nice and hot. The only complaint I have is the service. It was a little slow and we had too many servers come by asking if we were ready to order drinks, dinner ,etc. And then we waited a long time for our bill to comelus at the end of the evening. We enjoyed our meal and we will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner!foodiesDined on 8/10/2013We chose Daria for our 10th Anniversary as we've never been there together - only for work events. It was spectacular. Booked for 6pm dinner and it was very quiet until 7 when people really started filing in. Excellent recommendations from our server, lovely wine list and delicious dinner. This will be our new special occasion place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice visit to La PiazzaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2013A very nice visit to La Piazza Dario. The biggest concern we have always had with this restaurant is that it often hosts large gatherings like weddings. Tonight there was an outdoor gathering with singing and so inside the restaurant there was a low but incessant beating from the music. However we knew this was a common occurrence with the restaurant and so it was not a problem. Service was excellent, food was more affordable than the pricier downtown Italian restaurants. Yes we would repeat..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2013This restaurant is a gem - always a great experience. We more than overstayed our welcome and not a whisper was spoken.Special Features:
- Great retaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2013Really enjoyed dinner. Great food, nice and quiet. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2013The service was great and timely. Servers were friendly. Host even offered to take pictures when she noticed we were using our camera. The atmosphere was great. One of our dishes, the beef tenderloin, was great. The other one, the duck breast, however, was less than expected. We would have preferred more tender meat. That was a bit disappointing given the price range. The overall experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server - uninterested. Food averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2013I was really looking forward to trying out this place. I had heard it was a top Restaurant in Vancouver for Italian cuisine. I was very Disappointed. My penne pasta was so salty I could barely eat it. Our waiter was uninterested in us and we had to ask server all times for extra Bread and our bill. Disappointed
- Good service, even better foodSweetTreatDined on 6/15/2013The dining experience was much better than imagined or anticipated. Our Italian guest commented no less than 3 times how good the meal was. Service was very friendly. Would have given full stars for service but I just remembered that 2 members of our party didn't get their meals at the same time as the rest of us, but was sent out about 5 mins later. We weren't told they would be on the way. We were beginning to wonder if maybe the order didn't go through when it did come out. Everything tasted great, from appetizers to desserts. My father told me this restaurant was a very good choice. Twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.