1116 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
MediterraneanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thevillabybartong.com/
- Phone: 3055768003x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday 7pm - 10pm
Friday & Saturday & Sunday 7pm - 11pm
Closed on Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Scott Linquist
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With private dining options for groups from 2 to 30, The Villa By Barton G. in the former Versace Mansion provides Miami's most elegant surroundings for private dining, whether a corporate gathering, a celebration or a romantic dinner for two.
- Private Party Contact: Raymond Rosen 8779252116
A word from Il Sole
South Beach’s most exceptional experience awaits you at Il Sole, an event space, restaurant and boutique hotel housed in the former Versace Mansion, where elegance and unparalleled service seamlessly blend with signature Barton G. style under all-new management by renowned events impresario and restaurateur Barton G. Weiss.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Il Sole reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (36)special occasion (35)scenic view (19)great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (9)hot spot (7)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Nostalgia vs Food and ServiceTheRobinsonsDined on 5/27/2014... They forgot my main so I ate 30 mins after everyone else, and alone. They brought the wrong sides twice. We served our own wine all night and waited 45 mins for a new bottle.... But what a view on the outside terrace of Medusa's Head and the stunning pool !! The staff seemed flustered and struggled to serve three tables only. We won't be going back...Special Features:
- The following 146 reviews are from the Il Sole reviews archive.
- recommendedcoupleDined on 5/22/2014very nice environment, friendly staff and good food, A little pricy but the environment pays for it. For summer time the tables at the terrace or by the pool are great, A tour at the rooms and the Vercace bedroom would be nice and interestingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Excemllent food and very good service,w attention to detail.The surroundings are gorgeous and the place is a refuge from the hubbub of South Beach.It was my birthday and we enjoyed a complimentary tray of chocs.Would recommend Il Sole to anybody seeking great food and ambience.Special Features:
- Versace's mansion!JoannaFoodieDined on 5/18/2014What a historic and amazing gem. We ate in the beautiful dining room. Most people were eating outside in the courtyard overlooking the 24 karat gold swimming pool. Both are scenic and worth experiencing. The seafood tower is one of the best that I've eaten. The crab legs were huge! Everything was prepared perfectly. Honestly, do not bring children or babies here.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingJennVIPDined on 5/3/2014The bouncer at the chain couldn't have been any more welcoming- he was very friendly and showed us to the hostess stand. The food was excellent- the service was second to none. Bar tenders very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend going here just to experience the mansion. It was a special treat that was just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerzasn01VIPDined on 5/3/2014Loved dinner, great level of service, food was good. I loved it my meal and my wife enjoyed hers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the Versace MansionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014We chose Il Sole because it is located in the Versace Mansion for our 30th wedding anniversary dinner. The decor is elegant, sumptuous. We were able to sit outside, simply great. Initial drinks took forever to arrive, we ordered an expensive bottle of wine so it would have time to breathe. No such luck it shows up with dinner. Very limited menue, if you do not like Kale, kitchen cannot even make a simple Ceasar salad. The Sirloin was not chewable.I guess we expected more from Barton GSpecial Features:
- Location, location, locationalpinepassDined on 4/25/2014Il Sole is blessed with an idyllic location a peaceful spot amongst all the noise and bustle of Ocean Drive. The fact of being the former home of Versace adds to the ambiance which is already romantic and special. The food is good, prices on the expensive side but given the location it is quite a bargain really. The staff obviously enjoy their surroundings and are rightly proud of the set-up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!!pilar913Dined on 4/25/2014Food was excellent. Loved the artichoke ravioli. Had a an overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and RomanticvolleydancerDined on 4/21/2014My boyfriend and I chose this place to eat our last night there. We always wanted to see inside the Versace Mansion, and that was our shot. The food was fantastic and the experience was wonderful! I do think however that the wait staff could have been a little more attentive based on the level of the restaurant. The food came out very slow, and there was a lot of waiting, even for the drinks. The bartender was great and fast... but while at the table the drinks came out slow. They were also behind on the reservation. We had to wait about 20 min. at the bar until our table was ready. Our reservation was at 9pm... we didn't get to eat dinner until about 11pm - took way to long. But the experience was worth it for one time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Not only the decor is somptuous but the food was excellent even by European standardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014The ambiance as expected was excellent; however, as a well known restaurant, I found the food to be below par. Basically it was tasteless, both appetizer and main course, (Octopus & snapper). As a foodie, I am more interested in quality of food than I am the presentation. The tables were spread out and not many of them which was nice; however, the level of attendance to our table for the amount of tables was also lacking. We waited almost 20 min to order a drink, then once we had the check, again 20 min for the waitress to take the credit Card. The mansion is worth seeing, if you don’t mind paying a lot of money to see it and are not a foodie.Special Features:
- Great placeYariv87Dined on 4/15/2014Great beautiful place very fancy prices not as bad as people might think, food was amazing, will be back next time I'm in miamiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingEatwellDined on 4/7/2014Booking was difficult We had to climb over a chain to get to the steps.The lady at reception was very unfriendly and actually rude. The casa casuarino is spectacular and the terrace where we ate was beautiful. There were only six others on the terrace which can take 300 so there was no buzz. We met an American couple who had managed to get a table by pointing out that the place was practically empty. The service and food was very good so it is sad that they are scaring off the customers at the front desk. It is a pity but unless there is a seachange in attitude this restaurant can not survive.Special Features:
- Breathtaking experience!KeulaDined on 4/5/2014Saturday we had a fabulous dining experience at the fabulous Versace Mansion Villa by Barton G in Miami. Amazing ambience and wonderful food. Loved it! I highly recommend it and I can't neglect to mention how awesome and helpful was our waiter José. If you are in Miami for vacation really can't miss it, you will have a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Omg amazingfab50Dined on 4/4/2014This restaurant is at the Versace mansion. The doorman told us about open table and we got a booking for the same night, which was my 50th birthday. The food was fantastic and the staff were great. They clearly love working in such an opulent place and are enthused to show you around and share some history and facts. A birthday to remember, especially as my partner proposed to me there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A culinary delightGlobetrotterVIPDined on 3/31/2014The dinner was fabulous and the venue is truly on another level. Loved everything about my experience and will definitely return again when back in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service . Great.DrJoeDined on 3/29/2014Wonderful service . Great. Ambience good food. Dr . JoeSpecial Features:
- Fabulous except for the bouncerNashvilleCatDined on 3/29/2014Service and ambiance were outstanding and the food was excellent. Stunning setting, especially the courtyard around the pool for outdoor dining. The area is well protected from the weather, so no worries if rain is threatening. Can tour the first floor on your own while waiting for food to come. Only issue is the chain outside the entry steps from the sidewalk. When we arrived, there is no one there so we stepped around the end of the chain to climb the steps and let the hostess know we were there. Even though it was clear to him we had reservations, we are reprimanded by the tuxedo-adorned bouncer for walking around the chain. It was not a pleasant way to start an otherwise fabulous (and fabulously expensive) evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Masterpiece Dinner ExperienceLouisDanielDined on 3/29/2014By the far the most breath taking dinner experience ever (especially if you love the versace empire) . The food and ambiance was perfect you really want to stay and enjoy a long evening dinner. Our waitress was (Kat) super attentetive and nice.(loved her). So happy I got a reservation when I did, it recently opened and hopefully everyone loves it as much as me and my friends. I'm definitly coming back & also staying in the available hotel rooms they.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much more than expectedfToughCriticDined on 3/28/2014Based on a few of the reviews, I was a little concerned about going to this restaurant. However, I was truly amazed by the experience. In all of the places I've dined at around the world, this is one of the top 5 places. The ambience is amazing and the food was outstanding. But the biggest surprise was the service. I was very concerned about this before I got there. But our waiter Shane, was the best server we've ever had. It is obvious, the restaurant has really worked hard to improve the service. It really is first class. I couldn't suggest a single improvement they could make. After dinner, Shane took the time to show us around the villa and suggested we take our last glass of wine and sit by the pool. It was truly a perfect dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique DiningPaulDined on 3/22/2014I am so glad that I was able to visit the Versace mansion at Il Sole. The food was great and the ambiance is unparalleled. On my next visit to South Beach I will definitely return to Il Sole.Special Features:
- Horrible experience with thecamillez89Dined on 3/19/2014Horrible experience with the waitress, no kindness on serving.
- Great Food and Versace!Lambo1Dined on 3/18/2014Il Sole is the best dining experience you can have in South Beach! Intimate atmosphere, great food, great service and unbelievable ambiance. This is the Versace experience at its best! You will leave looking forward to the next time you return.Special Features:
- Night to Remembercyncity23Dined on 3/15/2014I wanted to take my significant other somewhere special for his 30th birthday, the Versace Mansion is such a historic, special place in Miami Beach. We had a reservation but we still had to wait to be seated inside, so we opted for an outside table. The food wasn't excellent like many of the reviews say. But there are many other great places to eat on the beach. The steak was excellent, but it came with a side of creamed spinach that was gross. =( Surprisingly, the food wasn't that expensive. We spent a little over $100, and we would have spent more at Prime. But since there is really not a lot of selection, there wasn't much to order. Would I go again? Probably not, it was a good experience but not really somewhere I need to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautifulThebobDined on 3/15/2014We enjoyed our meal , dining room is awesome. The food was very good but considering the reputation for a Barton G restaurant we felt the service was lacking. Otherwise we enjoyed the pleasure of dining in such beautiful surroundingsSpecial Features:
- DisappointingmikecDined on 3/7/2014The mansion is worth the visit as it is spectacular. The bar and drinks were first rate and enjoyable way to begin the evening; however the food is extremely disappointing and under whelming. The fish is over cooked the pasta my wife had was over sauced, soggy and tasted like a $8 pasta not a $28. I don't want to be dramatic but this was way below standard for south beach or the environment. Service was fair but even if it was great it could not have made up for the food. We will not return to this Barton G; however still enjoy his other restaurants.Special Features:
- The food takes too long tosunny2VIPDined on 3/4/2014The food takes too long to be served, my fish was not cooked right, it was row . I'm not coming back.Special Features:
- Every thing was perfect. VerySandraVIPDined on 3/4/2014Every thing was perfect. Very small list but very interesting, fish, meat, and pasta. You will find somethig just for you. Excellent service. the decor is very special , exactly wath i expect from the Versace Mansion. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/3/2013Awesome experience! Great food, wine, and champagne! Staff is also very knowledgable about history of facility and more then willing to share it with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very unique!!! Staff veryTermaDined on 4/5/2013Very unique!!! Staff very professional n accommodating.. Great experience for a special occasion.Special Features:
- A MUST when visiting Miami BeachlilsnobbishVIPDined on 4/4/2013You will remember this evening forever! The Villa makes everything about your visit comfortable and easy. Move from bar to table and back to bar with one bill to settle. Courteous and knowledgeable staff make great recommendations. Fantastic wine list with the best 'by the glass' selection found anywhere - want a vintage glass of Perrier-Jouet Rose champagne - no problem! The menu and preparation rival the finest restaurants in NYC. DO NOT MISS!Special Features:
- The restaurant is great becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/24/2013The restaurant is great because of the setting, but the food falls off and misses the mark. Overcooked and not too tasty.Special Features:
- Outstanding and then someOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/20/2013The decor / design is right out of Rome. The food and service were exceptional and the bar provided drinks that I will ever compare all drinks to as these were mighty good.Special Features:
- I ordered their pre-fixe optionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2013I ordered their pre-fixe option and the dishes didn't have as much variety as I would have liked. All of them contained mushrooms. The service was great, but the food could have been better. The food was overpriced for its taste. The room was also small and it was too loud inside; didn't feel too private.Special Features:
- Exceptional - don't miss itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013Barton G is a true experience - and you will pay for the experience. The Versace masion is amazing and the service was exceptional. We were happy to find that that the atmosphere was friendly and not at all stuffy. Would I recommend it? Would I go back? In a heart beat!Special Features:
- A once in a lifetime experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013A once in a lifetime experience because of the venue, Versace's masion. The menu was exorbitant, small plates. Save your money.
- It's a stunning location -sthrngrlnycVIPDined on 3/9/2013It's a stunning location - Gianni Versace's mansion - and the food is good, but being from NYC and seeing not a single entree under $45, I expect the food to be out-of-this-world amazing. And it was certainly good. But not Joel Robuchon/Daniel/Le Bernardin good, which is what you expect for that pricing level. However, the mansion is beautiful and dining on the terrace overlooking the swimming pool is certainly a treat. Just wish the food was either THAT spectacular or priced accordingly. As a side note, the sommelier was very nice and the wine list was great.Special Features:
- It's lovely and expensive.mccalmoVIPDined on 3/2/2013It's lovely and expensive. Pretty good food by Miami standards. But it's not San Francisco.Special Features:
- Adjacent table was a rudelyldy1Dined on 3/2/2013Adjacent table was a rudely noisy group of physicians, who really destroyed the ambiance of our dinner, after their arrival.Special Features: