17 Steeple St.
Cape Cod, Mashpee, MA 02649Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.siena.us/
- Phone: 5084775929
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Cafe Menu: Daily: 3:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Nicholas Jankowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private upstairs dining room is perfect for all occasions. Join us for your special event and we promise to make it a day you will remember. Special event menus available.
- Private Party Contact: Megan Laverty 5084775929
A word from Siena Restaurant
In any Italian town you'll find there's one restaurant where everyone gathers to eat and socialize. It's the name that comes to mind when going out is suggested, and has a menu with both familiar favorites and exceptional specials that you'll love to try. It is the place you can proudly bring guests for an evening of great food, great wine and great people. With this same Italian spirit, Siena in Mashpee Commons is a place where everyone can vivere bene, mangiare bene, socializare; live well, eat well, be social.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Siena Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Mashpee ›
Siena Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (51)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (25)special occasion (21)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (16)romantic (12)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- NoiseDisappointedDined on 3/29/2014I could rate this restaurant much higher if they addressed the noise level. In this day and age no one needs to shout at the dinner table. It incourages bad manners and bad behavior.Special Features:
- Delicious VarietyCapeWeekenderDined on 3/29/2014My husband, 8 & 9 year olds, and I had a wonderful and delicious experience. Aside from our scrumptious Mediterranean salads, with salmon, we were overly impressed with the variety on the "Kid's menu". Both of my children had the sirloin steak tips and ate every bite (with their sides of fresh apple slices and French fries)! The staff was very friendly and our Open Table reservation was on-time! Highly recommend Siena and using Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a pinchReneeDined on 3/23/2014Service was attentive and accommodating. Pasta tasted like packaged. I expected homemade. They advertise Italian. Pizza was smothered in so much cheese, it could hardly be digested. I probably will not return. It does not compare to other outstanding Cape restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experienceCape110Dined on 3/18/2014The two of us enjoyed all courses and would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better food than our cruise!MacManCapeCodDined on 3/16/2014Recently enjoyed a cruise. Very good food.But Siena surpassed it, down to every delicious detail. The Tuscan style bread was warm and fresh with a thick, crunchy brown crust...heavenly! Served with a dipping plate of olive oil and grated Parmesan, we could have spent the evening with that and a bottle of wine. Nice wine list here, with many fine Italian selections. We began by sharing their large spinach salad, with candied walnuts and a nicely ripened sliced Anjou pear. We loved the butternut squash filled pasta, tossed in a sweet yet light bourbon and cider sauce. I ordered the lamb shank, a huge one, fork-tender and done just right. Plenty for two! I chose their Parmesan risotto and grilled brussels sprouts, both top quality.Special Features:
- Fun, food and dessertChrisDined on 3/14/2014Creative cuisine, attentive service, going back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little on the pricey side,SquareBearDined on 3/8/2014A little on the pricey side, this restaurant is probably best reserved for a treat out on the evening. The lunch menu looks a little more affordable than the supper seating. Bread and oil with fresh cheese is offered as a table snack, but lacked the saltines of a more aged cheese like simple grated parmesan. The steamed mussels are very fresh and flavorful, and come with ample juice to sop up with bread. I had the marinated beef tips as an entree, which were very satisfying. However the bed of broccolini and risotto it was served on was missing substantial flavor. So I would describe the menu and hit or miss, and it's a good idea to ask the server for recommendations of items they've actually endorsed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okay.ScoutDined on 3/1/2014For the price of the food....I guess I was expecting more. I had the veal saltimbocca and I could have made it better at home. Just not much to it. Food arrived seconds after the salad did....they took the food back and kept it warm. My pet peeve lately is the lack of good quality food at these "supposed" better restaurants. Finding consistency is hard to come by on Cape Cod.Special Features:
- I simply adore this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014We had the Tuscan wings for an appetizer, pizza and chicken parm for dinner and the Boston cream pie for dessert. Everything was perfect. The service was spot on. Never had to wait for anything. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- UnderstaffedvdayDined on 2/16/2014Due to a snowstorm that moved people reservations from Saturday to Sunday the restaurant was aware of the increase in reservations but instead of bringing on more staff they went with their normal shorter staff and the service was slow. The waitress was great but she was running around and could not handle all the tables she had not her fault but a manager did not handle the situation.Special Features:
- Had dinner on Valentine'sNewMashpeeResidentDined on 2/14/2014Had dinner on Valentine's Day. Food was wonderful. Service fantastic. But, it's a somewhat noisy place. If you want a nice quiet dinner, this isn't the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happy with the overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Very happy with the overall experience. Food was good and did not feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!AfinnDined on 2/12/2014We love Siena. My father is very picky. He said he had one of the best meals he's had in a long time. The menu has something for everyone. We've never had a bad meal. Servings are generous. You won't leave hungry. The lunch menu is varied and affordable. The wait staff is wonderful. They are friendly and attentive. My favorite thing about Siena is very personal. They have been unbelievably supportive to the community; especially to a local family that lost a child. They will close during a bad snow storm to keep their employees safe. Great food, attentive service, and good citizens....couldn't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great dinner at Siena!GreatnightoutDined on 2/7/2014We had a great dinner at Siena! The service was excellent! Our waitress Michele made us feel like we were old friends! The food was fresh and well prepared and we felt the value was great! Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousHatedoindishesDined on 2/1/2014Overall excellent experience!!..Id ask for Lacey..she was awesome.. Can't wait to go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So loud you can't hear yourself!keithrwDined on 1/31/2014Food was great. But people at surrounding tables shouting over the background din made it unbearable. The waitress said it's always like this. Don't bother if you don't like being assaulted by the sound, or escalating the pain.Special Features:
- Ok, but lacking some thingsMarkDined on 1/25/2014We had a reservation but arrived early as it was starting to snow and we let them know we were there, they did not seat us till our reservation time. but seemed to sit a few walk-ins before us. They have steep stairs to climb to their second floor no elevator. The appetizer was excellent, shrimp in white wine sauce with bread. My wife was expecting the shrimp from the description to come on the bread but it came in a bowl in the sauce. The sauce was great wished we could have taken home a pint. The main meal was just ok, wife had too many mushrooms in her chicken masala, and I thought ht pasts Bolognese’s was s just fair. We did like the fact that they had 2 sizes of dinner small and normal/large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance lacking, overpriced!CaseyDined on 1/18/2014My entree (pasta dish) was $22 and was okay at best, however my wife had a much cheaper entree and cocktail that she very much enjoyed. The ambiance upstairs is completely lacking and the windows are extremely drafty. On a cold evening, we had to move our table several feet from the window and my wife still had to keep her coat on the entire time to stay warm. The server was very nice and pleasant and did her job very well however overall I was less than impressed.Special Features:
- This was our second time givinggregDined on 1/10/2014This was our second time giving Sienna a shot. The calamari was excellent as was the bread, but our meals were just average, over priced Italian food. The wine list is great and priced decently. Sienna is a nice local place to go that is also kid-friendly, but the kids' meals are a rip off. $8 for a very small bowl of plain pasta and an additional $3.50 for a tiny bowl of apple slices. Our waitress was sweet, but not very informative or attentive at all.Special Features:
- WaitressJustOKDined on 1/4/2014Our waitress Michelle is very attentive, and friendly. She takes the time to explain the menu and make recommendations. We will request her every time we go. The food and experience were great.Special Features:
- New Years 2014MiguelDined on 12/31/2013Although a Cape web site penned that a jazz band and NYE favors awaited us we were still satisfied with the meal and service which allowed us time to get out to another local bar which did provide that atmosphere we were looking for. Decent food and value, while the Saltimboca did not blow me away, the other meals at the table were good. Excellent Martini, and good wine list. Nice atmoshphere, great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noises are loud but food is goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2013Because of the loft and high ceilings it was a bit noisie, but the food was the right portions and great tastes .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come to Siena every year onjstephVIPDined on 12/24/2013Come to Siena every year on Christmas Eve and always have a good experience. This was the first year we were seated upstairs and I enjoyed it being quieter and roomier than downstairs. The food was good per usual. My only complaint would be about our waitress. She made it very clear that she was not happy to be working on Christmas Eve and even made a comment that "people should be eating at home with their families."I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotpeterDined on 12/18/2013Butternut squash ravioli with cranberries was a treat. Their "Super Tuscan" red was as described ($9.50 a glass but a generous pour.) Service was pleasant and prompt from the hostess to our waitress. No disappointments, all good. Too bad we live 500 miles away.Special Features:
- Good comfortable ItalianMarikoDined on 12/14/2013A year ago when we tried, we had to give up because of a long waiting-line on Friday dinner. Now, we made reservations this time and no problem on Saturday dinner. This was our first visit and we were totally satisfied, good taste, reasonable prices, good service, and it is large inside, but made us feel very comfortable and cozy in a family style as well as could be romantic, too. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experience!GreatnightoutDined on 12/11/2013Once again we enjoyed a great meal at Siena! The food was wonderful and the atmosphere is so festive! Our server Michele was the best! Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- priced too high for portionsoutwithfamman1Dined on 12/7/2013for the prices, I was surprised by the mall protion I got. I ordered a dinner size ceasar salad and there really should have been a dinner size portion. A sald doesnt cot the resteraunt much, so When I stated it was m dinner (I was eating with my family who all ordered full meals) The wiate staff should have ensured my portion was a reasonable amount. Im not a large man and dont really eat a lot, however, I still wondered if they served me a lunch side salad?? It makes me believe that profits and pinching are the prime intention of the owners,.. not to ensure patrons recieve a fair meal.Special Features:
- predictably mediocrechuckmac07VIPDined on 12/7/2013mass-produced food by "chefs" who think too much dressing/sauce/garlic will hide the lazy food preparation. too bad, because the bar is nice, the drinks are good & the ambiance is nice for a shopping mall restaurant.
- GIRLS WEEKENDsnowyDined on 12/7/2013Siena was the perfect choice for a girls weekend of Christmas shopping and lunch. The party of eight enjoyed delicious sausage soup,salad and pizzas. The drink of the day was fun and a value at 5 dollars. The wine by the glass was good quality and generously served in a small carafe. The service was friendly at the bar and table. It was the first visit for most of the women and they will be back! Can't wait for the warm weather to sit on the patio!Special Features:
- great place to go for dinnerjp22Dined on 11/23/2013My husband and I enjoy the Sienna, we know that the service will be fine, the food is good and we will be served in a paced manner.Special Features:
- Overpriced with very average foodAlocalDined on 11/22/2013We decided to give this restaurant another try, and left with the same impression as we did previously. We were very disappointed. The menu is high priced, and didn't deliver--we are perplexed why they always seem busy! Caesar salad was average at best. We ordered an antipasti plate for 2, and it could have easily come from the supermarket next door. Big cubes of salami and cheese were very unappealing. Had they simply sliced them thinly and presented them better, it would have made a big difference (and cost them less for ingredients). We tried the Wild Boar appetizer, which was very stringy--could have used another couple of hours in the slow cooker! I don't think there is a wine bottle under $30. We won't be back!
- Always great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013We live nearby and I don't get to go here nearly enough. The food is always superb, the service is always excellent and the atmosphere is fun. Its not loud but it has a happy, upbeat vibe to the background noise. We love the upstairs tables when having a romantic night. In the summer they have great outside dining. You can just stop in for pizza before going to see a movie next door or have something like wild boar appetizers and crispy lamb shank for dinner! You have to stop here if you are in Mashpee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Aeg2Dined on 11/15/2013I always have great food here! Its pricey but nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great casual diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013Enjoyed pizza and salad. Server was terrific . Thanks for a fun evening. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level was a littleLaurieDined on 11/10/2013The noise level was a little difficult...tables were close and the woman behind us thought everyone was interested in her personal life. the ceiling is low as well so....noise. Food was fantastic and different, as were the drinks. We had Sea glass martinis. Presentation was simple. Delish. Service was attentive but not over bearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and inviting!Family4Dined on 11/9/2013We live in Mashpee all summer and are in he area a lot off season and Sienna's restaurant is always a positive experience in dining. It is cozy with helpful staff and a nice variety of items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was delicious - i hadlovetoeatoutDined on 11/1/2013food was delicious - i had veal piccata with mashed potatoes and asparagus and my hubby had pork medallions with broccolini and sweet potatoes - very very good! service was very attentive - have been to this restaurant many times but the food this time outdid itself! nice restaurant in warm weather to sit outside - wine was good too!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedEatsMcEatersonDined on 10/26/2013I had high hopes for our pre-race meal. Several friends dined at Siena b/f the Cape Cod Marathon. Poor communication caused us to arrive late for our res, but the hostess graciously seated us anyway. Perhaps a mistake b/c after that courtesy, service was SLOW. The runners didn't know the names of the menu items & asked who ordered the apple salad- no one: no "apple salad" exists on the menu. Our entrees came EXCEPT the two salads. Apparently, the salads were dropped- an unlikely story for a 20 minute delay. Salads are cold & shouldn't take much prep; alarming that 2 guests waited 20 minutes for their food. No compensation was given. We were asked if we wanted soup...but soup was the appetizer. Seemed like no one paid attention to us!
- waiter rj handled our tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013waiter rj handled our table of 3 very well even though he had a party of 8 that liked to keep him busy for most of the nightSpecial Features:
- Good restaurantKevinDined on 10/26/2013Went here the night before the cape cod marathon. Food was good, service was excellent. I was happy with the choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.