Dick's Last Resort - Chicago
315 N Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dick's Last Resort - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dickslastresort.com/domains/chicago/
- Phone: 3128367870x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Bar: Open until 1 am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Bar: Open until 2 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Just walking through the doors of Dick's Last Resort Chicago guarantees a raucous good time! With an interactive staff that is entertaining, Dick's guests can't get enough of the shenanigans; they keep coming back for more of the wild hats and jaw-dropping antics. Dick's has live bands without a cover charge! We're great for families; kids dig the paper napkin wars! For the especially unruly kids, our staff might even tie them to a chair! Join Dick's for the unique experience you'll always remember.
- Special Events: Dick's holiday parties are legendary! No Room Fee and Live Music! All menus (food and alcohol) can be customized. Parties include a gift for the booking host. Looking to add a little spice to the party? Make it a theme party! Free entertainment for evening parties … book your party anytime after 8pm on Thursday through Saturday and get the live music free! Have presents you need delivered during your party? Dick's has Santa on speed dial to do just that! Dick's dresses in its best for the holidays! The space is all decked out in a winter wonderland that's perfect for photos. Dick's does custom parties to suit your needs. Servers can be sassy or straight, but always speedy. You will have a privately designated space. For a less expensive or more casual event, choose a lunch holiday party at Dick's. Looking for a party in your office? Let Dick's deliver your brown bagged lunches to you!
- Cross Street: Dearborn between Kinzie and the Chicago River
- Public Transit: The closest "L" stop is at Clark and Lake. The stop services the Brown Line, Blue Line, Pink Line, Green Line, Orange Line and the Purple Line. Dick's is also accessible from the Red Line at the State and Lake Street stop. The closest Metra Station is Ogilvie. The closest bus lines are 22, 36, 62 and 29 .
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Dick's Last Resort Chicago is located in the downtown River North community and is surrounded by reasonable parking. Dick's validates for the lot on the corner of State and Kinzie and it will cost $10. The lot on Kinzie, between Clark and LaSalle, is only $8 after 3 pm everyday! Dick's is on Dearborn and the Chicago River, one block east of Clark and one block west of State. Dick's is one block north of Kinzie.
A word from Dick's Last Resort - Chicago
Dick’s Last Resort Chicago is located in the Marina City Towers, overlooking the Chicago River. We’re the perfect place to let your hair down, throw back some cold ones and grab the best grub in town. Join Dick and the gang for live bands and all sorts of crazy entertainment! We are the perfect place for large groups and can accommodate groups of 20 or more in our giant dining room! We enthusiastically celebrate Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's Day, Halloween and any other excuse to throw a party. Next time you are booking a party check us out and let us show you a good time with attitude! Come see why Dick's has been a legend in Chicago since the madness began 20 years ago. This is the joint your mama warned you about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dick's Last Resort - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (45)scenic view (26)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (15)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Did not like what waiter putmemeDined on 6/30/2013Did not like what waiter put on my daughters hats was very inappropriate for a 17 and a 14 year oldSpecial Features:
- Great place for a night outMrProteinDined on 6/27/2013Great place for a night out with friends or guys night out. Mixed drinks are not that good but we stick with beer. Everything else is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not kid friendlySurprisedinChicagoDined on 6/22/2013The food was okay and its nice to be on the water but we had three instances of definite inappropriate situations for kids. One showed up on the glassware we got for our 10 year old's drink. Some of the paper hats were inappropriate and a bachelorette pArty show up with a life size naked Elvis doll. We had a lot of explaining to do on the car ride home.Special Features:
- One of a kind.NightdineDined on 6/1/2013You have to know what to expect when you go here. The waiters will joke with you and act rude. Our waitress wasn't as rude as I've had before but she was funny. My friends said their food was great but I didn't like mine, however, the dessert was amazing. The experience is one for mature audiences only but it's one of a kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Dicks!QueenAwesomesauceDined on 5/31/2013Great service, good food, and the entertainment is priceless! I love coming here because it is relaxed and casual. This is the place to go if you are looking for a good laugh with your friends. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Verbal abuse with a smile38maleUTAHDined on 5/19/2013They will abuse you verbally and then feed you great food. Don't come here with a first date, but do go with your drinking buddies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a good time...LSPLVIPDined on 5/18/2013We found our own table, as the first one was too close to the band and we couldn't hear anything else. We loved the music, just not a table right next to them. Our waitress was fun and very attentive. The view of the river and skyline was spectacular. The food was just ok, but the fried pickles, crabby balls and chocolate dessert were excellent. Kinda higher price for average food. I recommend drinks and appetizers. Drinks were big and worth the $$. Fun for parties, not for young kids (under 14)Special Features:
- awesome!cepiDined on 5/11/2013Would have given it a full five, but i was expecting a little more interaction between my group and waiter. Other than that, everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- got exactly what I expectated,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/28/2013got exactly what I expectated, loud, fun, crazy time.Special Features:
- Laughs, Good vibes, Real dicksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Great time with great friends. Be prepared to have napkins thrown at you from neighboring tables, and the server are actual dicks to you, hence the name. It's a fun place to have a good laugh with friends, and the hats each of us got were probably the best part. Not sure how accurate they were, but awesome time. The food was typical American food - wings, burgers, ribs, etc. But you go for the laughs, booze, good vibes, and live music.Special Features:
- Night on the town...SigmundDined on 4/27/2013It was a fun place to hang out...food was very good and the live band added to the enjoyable evening. Our waiter had a great sense of humor and never got too vulgar, which I appreciated. Friendly staff that stopped by the table just to chat.on their way to and from the kitchen. Never rushed to eat and leave...we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most of the food was fried,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2013Most of the food was fried, but it was all good. It was nice to eat outside with the view of the river! Our waiter was great!Special Features:
- Food was good, waiter wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Food was good, waiter was great and funny. Music was awesome, just wished they had played a little longer, 10:30pm on a friday night, a little early to stop!
- Hey this was a lot of fun,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Hey this was a lot of fun, as soon as the waiter figured out tha twe were there for fun and insults he joined right in. We all got a hat made.Special Features:
- wish it had been busier. neverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2013wish it had been busier. never came on a week night before. kinda disappointed. sticking to weekends from now on.Special Features:
- The food was horrible andviriDined on 4/13/2013The food was horrible and so was the sevice. Our server took a long time in bringing our drinks every time we ask for them. We did not get our hats until ten minutes before us getting the check and leaving the restaurant.
- Kind of expensive for whatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2013Kind of expensive for what it is but it's a good time!Special Features:
- Great food, great waiter,cjk81Dined on 3/23/2013Great food, great waiter, had a great time as usual!!
- Health Center Closed My LegsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013Very funny and enjoyable. Will make a memory that is for sure and love the hats.Special Features:
- You need to be in the moodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013You need to be in the mood for this type of place. The teenagers in our group were very entertained.Special Features:
- Extremely fun restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Extremely fun restaurant! We had a great time and food was excellent! The pricing was a little high, but would go back for sure!Special Features:
- Insults all in good fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013We enjoyed the experience of being "insulted" over lunch. Our son had a blast and the food was terrific and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- If you can take a joke andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013If you can take a joke and love good food, this place is for you.Special Features:
- Loud and obnoxious, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2013Loud and obnoxious, great for older kids. You have to know what it is before you go and don't be upset when you get pelted with napkins or see the occasional straw go by your headSpecial Features:
- food was AWESOME band wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2013food was AWESOME band was excellent lots of fun and will be going back. My daughter wants to have her 21st bday there next year!Special Features:
- I had a huge party and weOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013I had a huge party and we had the best time! The staff was fun and loud, which was perfect for such a large party. The band was good, but no one could talk/hear when they were playing, although they did only play one or two songs every hour or so. Thank you to everyone that put up with us, you guys were so great! We would love to come back! :)Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2013The atmosphere is really fun, the group I was with had a great time, the food on the other hand was not good. Go there for the experience not the food.Special Features:
- Great place to take some friendsSamuelDined on 2/23/2013Great place to take some friends and laugh and have a good timeSpecial Features:
- Overall great! Menu-limited & fairOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013Great restaurant and bar! The only complaint is their menu is limited to 15 items. No burgers. Just wings ribs pasta, etc. Great margaritas!Special Features:
- Fun, fun, fun! And the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013Fun, fun, fun! And the food was excellent. I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection, very moist, and served with a delicious wasabi sauce. My friend had the steak and loved it. And our husbands had the BBQ chicken and ribs which was also delicious. The service was excellent and we all had a great time!Special Features:
- Had a good time celebratingSandyDined on 1/26/2013Had a good time celebrating my daughters 15th birthday. Perfect for a bite to eat before going to the House of Blues!!Special Features:
- Took my mother in law hereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Took my mother in law here Nd we had a great time. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Had appetizers and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013Had appetizers and the food was awful. We had a big group and the service was ok. I don't think they can accommodate large parties. The atmosphere and band were great however. My 16 yr old daughter and her friends seemed to enjoy themselves.
- Unique ambiance for one timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/18/2013Unique ambiance for one time visit but would not go for food. Good band the night we were thereSpecial Features:
- fun atmosphere; fair foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/13/2013Good place to go with a group; fun atmosphere; food is average to sub-par, there are so many better restaurants close to this location if you are looking for a superb meal in the area.Special Features:
- Girls night out had a ballOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013I've been there several times before.I took a couple of girls out for their birthdays and they were from out of town ,and they absolutely loved it.Special Features:
- The appetizer and dinner choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013The appetizer and dinner choices were served promptly. The food was hot and what I expected. Lots of young teenagers having a good time mixed with insults...we had fun and our server was awesome.Special Features:
- Was totally prepared for aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2013Was totally prepared for a fun sarcastic evening with friends. Our server seemed very disinterested in us. All other tables immediately received hats but we were through with an appetizer and still hasn't received any. I was taking my friend's daughters out for a fin night because their mom, my friend, just was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. We were hoping for a better experience! We ended up only eating an appetizer because we barely saw our waiter! We were very disappointed and won't be going back!
- Not for the meek or boringWinerDinerVIPDined on 1/2/2013Had lots of fun and loads of laughs here! Our server, Renee a/k/a "Betty" was loud and just the right amount of obnoxious. Our 16 year old and all her friends had a blast. Food wasn't bad either. They also had a live band perform - nice touch.Special Features:
- We had an amazing time andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012We had an amazing time and would definately recommend it for a couple out on a date or a family!!! Ton of fun and great food!!!Special Features: