11th at Tatnall Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafemezzanotte.net/
- Phone: 3026587050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sergio Pellegrino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do offer off-site catering to offices in the area. Call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that can seat up to 20 guests. For larger parties we may be able to close off an area of the restaurant. We also have a large screen & a projector if needed for your presentation. Contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Sergio Pellegrino 8776642420
- Special Events: Please call or check our website for wine, beer, and food tastings.
- Cross Street: Tatnall Street
- Public Transit: Dart Bus stops right in front of the restaurant. There is also a taxi stop at the hotel dupont which is only a block away.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Feel free to park at any one of the several public lots, or if your visit with us will be short you can make use of on the street parking at metered spots (they spot ticketing at 6:00pm. Unfurtunately we no longer validate parking for any area garages.
A word from Cafe Mezzanotte
Since our opening in June of 2003, Cafe Mezzanotte has built a reputation as Delaware"s premier spot to enjoy classically prepared Pan-Mediterranean cuisine. We offer a intimate atmosphere with servers who attend to each diner with exceptional care. We are located in Center City Wilmington. Whether you are looking for a romantic evening for two, or hosting a large corporate gathering, all of us at Cafe Mezzanotte will cater to your needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Mezzanotte reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Branzino & Lamb ChopOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2012Branzino & Lamb chop Outstanding. Many thanks Chef Sergio.Special Features:
- Limited food selections. IlovedessertsDined on 12/8/2012Limited food selections. I am lactose intolerant, hard to find something without cheese. Also, don't eat pork. If you like cheese or items with bacon you will love this restaurant.Special Features:
- We did not plan our time properlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012We did not plan our time properly in order to arrive at the theater on time, so they were rushed. In spite of that the service was good and the food was excellent. We will visit there again, but with careful planning. God bless. abSpecial Features:
- We did not have a great experience.BarbDined on 11/17/2012We did not have a great experience. Food was not all brought out at the same time; some requests were overlooked (Rigatoni bolognese instead of fettucini bolognese was requested and waiter said it was possible...ended up with fettucini bolognese with no explanation and did not want to send back because I would be delayed in eating.) Had to ask for refills on bread and water. Two orders of seafood risotto were a plateful of risotto with a few pieces of seafood. Have no desire to go back.
- WOW was that a disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012WOW was that a disappointment! good thing they had Bonnie ( the bartender ) to save the night! The place had a total of 4 tables being waited on & 2 servers that could not handle one table let alone 2 for each of them, We made friends with the bartender Bonnie from the time we came in and she took the initiative when she saw that the servers couldn't get their act together & took us on as our server. Although food was very nice, knowing that service on a slow night was not manageable for them would keep me away.
- Excellent wine selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2012Excellent wine selection. Filet was tough (expected it to be much more tender as it was a filet), but tasty.Special Features:
- Very noisy party at the barOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2012Very noisy party at the bar when we entered but they left after 45 minutes or so -- otherwise really superb.Special Features:
- Another outstanding dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012Another outstanding dinner to Cafe Mezzanotte, Chef Sergio #1Special Features:
- Food was great. Wine wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Food was great. Wine was ridiculosly overpriced. 500% mark-up is a bit high for my bottle!
- Must try it if you're visiting us.JimmazVIPDined on 7/24/2012Excellent food, well prepared, exceptionally presented and reasonably priced. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- We were looking for a quickGDudeVIPDined on 7/6/2012We were looking for a quick lunch downtown as our day was busy. We walk into Café Mezzanotte with the intent of grabbing a quick high quality lunch. While the food did not let us down the service did. Food preparation and presentation were much to our liking. The weather outside was delightful and the outside café added to the ambience. However, our service was slow even though we indicated that we needed to move along. Not a dealbreaker, but point to consider for future lunches.Special Features:
- Perfect for a dinner beforeAlBoulogneDined on 6/1/2012Perfect for a dinner before theater event. Our waiter was very helpful and conscoius of our time commitment. Veal ravioli was the best I've ever had!Special Features:
- Here is where I got reengagedmommafricaDined on 5/18/2012Here is where I got reengaged to my ex after 25yrs of seperation.Unfortuantly the restaurant was empty b/c of the day of the week(very slow)& not too far from closing but the host & waitress made it very special anyway! Big kudos to them!Special Features:
- What a great surprise! FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/13/2012What a great surprise! Fantastic food, great service!
- This is not a review but anOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2012This is not a review but an observation that you mistakenly listed me as a "no-show."Special Features:
- Not happyH2obapperDined on 4/24/2012The food was too salty and the service was very poor. A dinner that should have taken an hour took 2 1/2 hours due to the service.
- Not a bad option....BoglesbyDined on 3/31/2012For the location and the time a good meal. Our server was excellent. Be cautioned; on a chilly day it gets quite drafty inside. The food was decent and the wine list respectable. It's a shame downtown Wilmington is so sullen on the weekends. Great place to eat before a show.Special Features:
- Good but NOT Great. So So Service.wineinpaVIPDined on 3/10/2012We had a pre-theater dinner here Saturday night. Waitstaff started out very attentive. Unfortunately food / wait service declined steadily to mediocre by the time we finished 2 hours later. My Filet with Chianti reduction was very flavorful but way over the medium that I requested. My spouse's Chilean Sea Bass was very good. Excellent Martinis followed by wine by the glass were a good value, although it took three tries for the waiter to bring Malbec rather than Merlot! Towards the end the wait for service became irritating. The Arugula salad we ordered and were charged for never arrived (was removed from bill). We expected a lot more service wise from a relatively quiet evening. Excellent location for theater etc...Special Features:
- The service was great, theTerriVIPDined on 3/9/2012The service was great, the food was just ok. I ordered the rigatoni with sausage and my husband had the mussels, clams, shrimp, and scallops in a tomato sauce. (I can't remember what it was called)All the seafood in the dish was over cooked but the sauce was good. Mine was just bland. The best thing we had was the banana cream pie which we took home. Oh, I also had the ceasar salad. The dressing I buy in the store is a better version of what it should taste like.
- Dinner was great...SaladsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012Dinner was great...Salads were fantastic...Dessert were a good ending....Service was on spot....Will be back !Special Features:
- Good ambiance, whatever foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012I ordered the fish of the day, which was supposed to be a lobster with crab meat. As you were running out of crab, I was given two portions of lobster... which were really really dried! I only ate a part of them! I was with a table of 5 persons, and all agreed the lobster was poorly cooked and too dry! When I mentioned it to the waiter, he completely ignored me... Plus, there was no chocolate cake on the dessert menu!?
- I made reservations 2weeksDiners4lifeDined on 2/14/2012I made reservations 2weeks in advance, there was no notice of a special menu on their website nor by the reservation. They also wouldn't accept their AAA discount when it did not note otherwise. Very poor accomodations.
- Cafe Mezzanotte is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/4/2012Cafe Mezzanotte is a great place to go after attending a matinée at the DuPont Theater. This was our second visit there in a little over a year. We found the food to be good, but not great, and a little expensive for the quality presented. Portions were generous and the service was exceptionally good. We will return but it is not at the top of our list for the downtown area.Special Features:
- Just OK....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/20/2012We had a coupon so decided to give it a try. The service was good but the food was just ok. If it wasn't for the coupon I probably would have felt like it was over priced. There are definitely better choices nearby.
- Our Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2012Cafe Mezzanotte is a gem of an Italian Restaurant in Wilmington. Sergio, chef and owner, is an excellent chef preparing some of the best Italian food we've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. The servers are also top notch and the atmosphere is great for that special evening or business meeting. Why else would we drive over an hour to visit this place 3 or 4 times per year?!Special Features:
- Ambience and service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2012Ambience and service was very good. Food was somewhat disappointing, especially for the price. Some of the pasta portions were incredibly small. I would go back to try their happy hour deal, which is two drinks and an appetizer for two dollars. The bar menu may be better than the dinner menu.
- Unfortunately on this tripBarbaraTVIPDined on 1/7/2012Unfortunately on this trip to Cafe Mezanotte our entrees, seafood and chicken, were overcooked. In our recent visits that was not the case.
- We recently had a little holidayrpataki727Dined on 12/21/2011We recently had a little holiday lunch gathering here - the food was very good - I had the Tuscany pizza, but the service was slow (almost an hour before we even had our lunch entree) and there really was no attention given to us - one of my co-diners kept getting her chair knocked into by servers as we were seated at a table near the cash register and apparently all the pitchers of drinks for people. I will say that they had several big tables with holiday parties - so I would definitely try this place again but not over the holiday season.Special Features:
- Friday Night and hardly anyKennyVIPDined on 12/16/2011Friday Night and hardly any patrons. Food mediocre but very pricy. Will not return.
- I frequent the Cafe' severalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2011I frequent the Cafe' several times a year and the food is always great!Special Features:
- This was our 3rd or 4th timeBeberDined on 12/3/2011This was our 3rd or 4th time at the restaurant. Past experiences were enjoyable but this was not a good evening. The waitress was at best efficient; but certainly was not warm nor engaging. Our soup was luke warm and every bite of the meat was tough and full of gristle. The potatos were tasteless. We would have sent the meal back, but we had an evening engagement and had to leave.
- Main issue was the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/29/2011Main issue was the price. Very expensive. Good quality of food but not alot in quantity. Also pleased to see not only bread offered but bruschetta. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would go again soon.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2011This restaurant is wonderful - I'm so glad we chose it for my aunt's birthday. There were 5 of us and every one of us loved our food. Great service and beautiful dining room.Special Features:
- it was good. The food wasNJTomVIPDined on 11/19/2011it was good. The food was less "Italian" and more "trendy"
- Good choice for pre play dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011Good choice for pre play dinner. Have Valet parking and is easy walking distance to the duPont Theatre. Good menu.
- We always enjoy Cafe Mezzanotte.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2011We always enjoy Cafe Mezzanotte. The food is excellent! This is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Love the food here. PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/4/2011Love the food here. Portions are exactly right. I had the stuffed salmon special and the flavor was wonderful - a delicious hint of smokiness provided a perfect balance to the prosciutto. The pasta special provided a terrific side.Special Features:
- Fantastic Experience All Around!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011We had reservations for 5:00, and showed up at 4:40. Since we were from out of town I did not realize that they didn't open until 5:00. They offered to seat us at our table but we opted for the bar until they officially opened. The service was wonderful, the staff was inviting. When we finally opted to sit at our table at about 5:20, we were seated right away. The food was excellent, the staff was excellent again. We finally left the restaurant about 7:30 for a show at the Grand, (we went from the table back to the bar). Never did we feel rushed. If Andrew Bird comes back to the Grand next year, we will in fact be back to Cafe Mezzanotte. The restaurant was fantastic from every detail from the moment we walked through the door. Thank You!Special Features:
- We thought the food was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/21/2011We thought the food was OK and we had an attentive server however the lights were so bright we felt like we were in a diner. The music playing was a hits station so the ambiance wasn't happening. Not going back anytime soon. Also by 8:00, we were one of two tables left.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011Food was okay, service was okay - nothing special.Special Features: