Bedford Village Inn
2 Olde Bedford Way
Bedford, NH 03110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bedford Village Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bedfordvillageinn.com/new-hampshire-restaurants/dining-room/index.cfm
- Phone: 6034722001x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 8:00am-10:30am
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Corks- 4:30pm - 11:00pm Wed-Sun
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Friday -5:30pm - 9:00pm; Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Knack
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bedford Village Inn
Bedford Village Inn features fresh, regional cuisine in 7 unique dining rooms. The property also features a hip winebar, Corks, and a casual Tavern to fit any dining mood. The restaurant has been a AAA Four Diamond recipient for 18 years; DIRoNA winner since 1996; named Best Restaurant in NH and one of the Top 10 in the US. They offer the largest Wine Cellar in NH, over 8,000 bottles/750 labels and have received the 'Best of Award of Excellence'. All reservations are strictly for the Dining Room. Corks, Tavern and the Patio are seated on a first come first served basis. Visit our website for complete information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bedford Village Inn - Best Restaurants in Bedford, NH ›
Bedford Village Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (45)notable wine list (31)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (13)good for groups (12)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- DelightfulPamelaDined on 11/16/2013We celebrated my sister in law's 50th birthday. It is one of my favorite venues. We had my son's rehearsal dinner there 13 years ago. We had my 60th birthday celebration there. I had also attended a beautiful Christmas wedding there. Always an elegant and delightful venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 75th Birthday Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013To say the least, we had a marvelous time. Our waitor, Louis, was very attentive and friendly. Everyone was so gracious and accomodating. And the food was AWESOME!! It was a GREAT evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Perfect for Birthday CelebrationbvifanDined on 11/5/2013This was the perfect choice for a special birthday celebration. The restaurant went out of the way to make it special. They service was great, the food was great and the atmosphere perfect to good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013Food and service were quite good but a bit pricey when compared to comparable restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dated, but goodDonnaAndMattDined on 11/1/2013I have lived in the neighborhood for more then half my life but had never had a meal at BVI. Unfortunately, I should have gone when I first moved to NH. It was a bit dated, my guess is that it was an amazing place 20 years ago. The service was good and the food was good, but it was just a bit past its prime.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/30/2013We were celebrating a family birthday, and the waitress left a large chocolate piece with Happy Birthday and some fresh fruit. The food was delicious. A wonderful experience.Special Features:
- OutstandingStanMDined on 10/27/2013An impressive wine list, unsurpassed service and delicious food, what more do you need to know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautifully Written MenuKyLaDined on 10/26/2013… but the food did not meet expectations set by menu. Lamb should be tender, after observing my attempts to saw through my portion, my server offered a steak knife. A garnished listed as “maple rice puffs” was served in the form of crunchy dry grains of rice across the plate. They were neither maple in flavor, nor puffed. This entree was not a $38 item. The two other diners with me felt their pork was okay. The atmosphere here is elegant, the main dining room is very formal, antique colonial. The service was good, but a bit slow. The restaurant was hosting both a wedding and a bonfire on the same evening. Perhaps just a little too much was going on?Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDiTullioAnniversaryDined on 10/26/2013My husband and I chose BVI for our one year wedding anniversary. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was fantastic. They even went the extra mile to put a candle in our delicious "chocolate bag" dessert with Happy Anniversary scrolled across a piece of chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awful!gatsbyVIPDined on 10/26/2013Service was incredibly slow. Food was horrible. All four of us disliked our dishes (all different). They seem to cater to the very large wedding going on and the outdoor bar & guests.
- Pricey but worth every centNinnamikeDined on 10/25/2013The staff attends to every detail from the moment you step through the door I had the gnocchi appetizer and my friend had the signature clam chowder. Both were delicious. The entrees- the bacon wrapped pork and the chicken dishes were very food. The next night we were part of a wedding reception and the filets were incredible. No wonder this is voted as best in New Hampshire !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGretchinDined on 10/20/2013The facility is beautiful decorated, noise level was loud, several tables with 4 people, the presentation of the brunch dish was terrible, it consisted of a log shaped egg omelet and 10 cubed red potato homefries, no garnish on the plain white plate or yellow omelet at all. The filling consisted of 3 cubed tomatoes, a little spinach and a small piece of cheese, the toast arrived 5 minutes later and was cold. Extremely disappointment for a Sunday Brunch, I originally chose the Bedford Village Inn because they had been know for their great food and atmosphere and I was celebrating my 60th birthday. I have told many people about the experience and was told to go to the Cooper Door Restaurant in the future.
- Excellent service. Great food.RobinHDined on 10/19/2013Excellent service. Great food. I would prefer more choices on the menu for vegetarians. Nice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and wait staffTobyDined on 10/16/2013Amazing food and wait staff that was always attentive (but not overly). Will return often and would recommend to anyone who wants an excellent meal in an elegant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful in Every WayJoyfulDined on 10/13/2013The food was absolutely delectable! Everyone treated us royally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinneredwards6redDined on 10/11/2013so many little touches which made this a top-ten dinner for me. Warm welcome. Decorated table with Anniversary setting (our 15th). Offered champagne upon seating. Placement in an area which was quiet. Quaint setting. Phenomenal food with wonderful flavor and texture combinations. Extensive impressive wine list. Wonderful desserts. Nice apertif listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a special occasionJFrazzDined on 10/9/2013This was our 3 year wedding anniversary and we wanted to go some place special for a nice evening. We had been to Corks, the wine bar upstairs, but never the restaurant proper for dinner so we decided to give it a try. The mood, staff and food were excellent and met our expectations. Everyone was friendly and that added to the level of service I had expected from the restaurant. While the menu is expensive you can see the art work and preparation that goes into each dish. I don't think we will be regular customers but should we need a good excuse to dress up and head out then the BVI will be on our short list of local places to venture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming inn, super service & foodEaterEaterDined on 10/8/2013We went for my husband's birthday (he'd been there before & said that it's consistently good). The place is lovely, both the gardens outdoors and charming old-world inspired rooms. Corks is the hip, modern, bar, which we went to after dinner. Our server Anthony was absolutely amazing--friendly and down-to-earth and very knowledgeable and on top of everything. The food is upscale but simple wholesome gourmet cuisine--absolutely delicious! Food, Service, and Setting, what else could you want? I know some people think it is too expensive, but restaurants on par with this are far more expensive in Boston, and I think if you can't afford to eat at a fine restaurant (and tip your server well) then you shouldn't go out to that type of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply blown away......BurgundyLoverDined on 10/8/2013I can't say enough about the recent dinner I had at the BVI. My girlfriend and I were celebrating our 1st year together and we were so impressed by the attentive service, charm filled décor, extraordinary cuisine and overall experience. We had a nice bottle of Burgundy and the server recommended a Tokaji sweet wine that I had never had to enjoy with dessert....it was amazing. Omer, our server took such great care of us from start to finish. We couldn't have asked for a better night. Upon the end of our meal, Omer offered to show us around the property, we saw the wine bar "Corks" and then had a quick peek at the tavern. And to top it all off, Omer escorted us to the door, held it open and offered us a fair well. Simply blown away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food-Service was PoorDinerinMilfordDined on 10/5/2013My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at BVI. The food was absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, the service from Homer was terrible. It started with us not ordering alcohol since I am expecting a baby in March. I inquired as to what their non-alcoholic options were. He told me they had a non-alcoholic beer. He didn't offer any other drinks. They brought us tonic water instead of seltzer, never delivered my caesar salad, forgot my tea with dessert. It was one thing after another. The worse part was that he never acknowledged the forgotten items. Just acted like he had been the perfect server. After two forgotten items in out dinner, I expected at least an apology.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at 1:30 with an old friendHerbDined on 10/3/2013My wife and I met an old friend for a late lunch. It was our first time at this restaurant, located in an old New England Inn. The ambience is elegant and sophisticated. Low level classical background music makes conversation easy. The food was excellent, especially the steak, chicken salad and fresh homemade bread. There were only two tables occupied at the hour, so we got lots of excellent service. This is definitely one of the best restaurants in southern New Hampshire. The lunch menu is much more limited than the dinner menu, but the selections were varied, ranging from hamburger to crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience.happydinersDined on 9/28/2013As implied, we had a great experience at the Bedford Village Inn for dinner the other night. I am not a vegetarian, but the seasonal vegetable entrée sounded amazing so I thought I would try it. And it was amazing. I had the crab cake appetizer, which was also great. My husband had a ceasar salad and the filet mignon entrée. Both delicious. Put that together with a fabulous bottle of wine, the just right lighting, the cozy room, the great wait staff and you have a very special evening. Should I mention the out of this world dessert and cappuccino? Oh, I just did. Thank you BVI for another great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constently FabulousPutneyVIPDined on 9/27/2013As always, we had a sumptuous meal with impeccable service at the BVI. It is one of our favorite restaurants and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- great spot for dinnercaptmikeVIPDined on 9/26/2013had a wonderful dinner the other night, our waiter Omar was fantastic, picked out a nice white wine for our butter poached lobster. the room did fill up quickly and was almost too noisy. i would have removed a few tables to keep the place a bit more intimate. but all in all not a bad spot.. the busboy who i'm guessing was new so he tended to hover over the tables and was quick to remove the plates before you had a chance to finish your appetizer the other rooms looked nice and might be a good place to return to in a few months when winter arrives.. the grounds looked well taken care of I will have to check out the accommodations for an overnightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine evenings for you & your guestsGarthDined on 9/22/2013Food was excellent. Well-thought-out contrasting tastes added interest. The waiter was friendly, but unobtrusive. Great, but pricey, wine list. Ambience was up-scale traditional. Nice garden dining on summer afternoons. Bring your wallet and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BVI dinnerTeedDined on 9/20/2013My wife an I enjoy going to the BVI when we can and it is in the budget. This is definately a pricey spot! This time we were a little dismayed as we do not feel we got what we paid for. My wife had the seared scallops priced at $32. There was maybe 5 scallops and a couple carrots but the rest was all frill and decorations. I had the clam chowder for an appetizer. There was mostly chunky clams and little broth. Mind you this soup goes for $8. We do enjoy this restaurant but not as much this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restuarant. However,newhamp12345VIPDined on 9/18/2013Nice restuarant. However, I dont see my point added. Also, it was our anniversary and there was a crying baby and some business people having a very loud business dinner next to us that practically ruined our $280.00 dinner for two. It's ashame because it's a really nice place with really good service usually.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLaxmom07VIPDined on 9/15/2013We had such a good experience eating here. The food was fantastic. We started off with chef's special soup. This was just absolutely fantastic. Wish I could of had more. It was hot butternut soup with creme fresh, corn and bacon sprinkled on top. We ordered the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin and that was very tender and delicious. We also had the grilled shrimp pomodora. The shrimp melted in your mouth. The dessert were to die for. We decided to order the Lemon Olive Oil cake and the Chocolate Bag. If you area chocolate lover this is for you. The bag was made out of chocolate and inside the bag was Chocolate mousse and thin slices of cake with chambord....YUMMMM. The Lemon Olive Oil Cake was very moist and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful Lunchtime MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2013We again came to the Bedford Inn to celebrate a birthday, and again we were pleased with the food, the wait staff and the attention to the celebration we received. My husband and I plan to come back in the evening to enjoy a meal from the dinner menu (which looks wonderful!). I highly recommend the Bedford Inn for well-prepared food with a unique touch, such as lobster rangoon or a slider selection or shrimp with polenta. All delicious. My husband raves about the fruit cobbler for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLaxmom07VIPDined on 8/24/2013Food and service were great. Our waiter Louis was fantastic and he recommend the wine and food. Ordered the seared scallops and the veggie plate, the presentation of the food was absolutely beautiful, didn't want to eat it.Special Features:
- Best LobsterNancyAAVIPDined on 8/18/2013Lobster dinner was the best I have ever experienced!Special Features:
- Fantastic Restaurant!tyvanwag603Dined on 8/17/2013The Bedford Village Inn is a great place for a memorable/delicious dinner! Their service, their food, and atmosphere of the dining room go perfectly with one another The ribeye steak was one of the best I've ever had and the salmon my wife had was perfectly cooked We Highly recommend the BVI for those special occasions that require an equally special meal Great wine list as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time there in the pastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/20132nd time there in the past 4-5 months. Very nice and relaxed romantic dinner with my wife. We love it - a nice "date-night" for just us two parents of a 16 month old! Have proclaimed it our "go-to", spoil ourselves place to go every so often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long AwaitedBrian58Dined on 8/10/2013My wife and I drive past the Bedford Inn at least once or twice a month on our way to Maine to visit our daughter. Because my favorite movie is, "Iit's A Wonderful Life." and the name of the city is Bedford in the movie I have always wanted to visit your Inn. Knowing it was a bit pricy for us we finally found the right occasion , our anniversary! Well it certainly lived up to our expectations in every way!! We are looking forward to trying your out door dinning area soon. Thanks so much for a memorable time!Special Features:
- It was a special occasion...FrequentAreaDinerDined on 7/31/2013We dined out on the patio since the weather was good but the service wasn't up to our expectations. We know the service in the dining room has been much better in the past. Food & drink items seemed to take entirely too long to arrive. The service just wasn't up to our expectations of professionalism and previous experiences at BVI. We would now recommend the restaurant only for the food and wine list. We selected BVI for this occasion over all of the competing restaurants in the area primarily for its food. There was an A/C compressor in the area that was very noisy while sitting in the patio area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They always make a specialNHFriendDined on 7/28/2013They always make a special occasion extra special ... feels like you are dining at a close friends home ... lavish home with a gourment dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding menu, service!hughrpDined on 7/25/2013BVI continues its tradition of excellence with perfectly prepared dishes and outstanding service. Perfect for an evening where you want to be pampered and gastronomically impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meaning of excellenceDelightfulVIPDined on 7/25/2013Delightful cheese board offerings. The best quality ingredients creatively prepared. The waiter was very knowledgeable about all facets of the offerings and was good at anticipating the level of attentiveness his guests expected. Wonderful hazelnut soufflé artfully presented Was a wonderful finish to the evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!parentfigureDined on 7/9/2013We went to lunch for a friend's birthday. The food and service were excellent and we were not rushed. The restaurant is beautiful and everyone is very friendly. Our friends had never been there before and were delighted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellentaiittsDined on 7/8/2013The service was excellent and we were allowed to linger in a quiet and intimate space. However, the food was quite pricey for what we actually got. Lunch for two, with no alcohol and only one dessert was almost $60.00. We were even charged for an iced tea refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.