Bedford Village Inn
2 Olde Bedford Way
Bedford, NH 03110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bedford Village Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bedfordvillageinn.com/new-hampshire-restaurants/dining-room/index.cfm
- Phone: 6034722001x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 8:00am-10:30am
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Corks- 4:30pm - 11:00pm Wed-Sun
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Friday -5:30pm - 9:00pm; Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Knack
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bedford Village Inn
Bedford Village Inn features fresh, regional cuisine in 7 unique dining rooms. The property also features a hip winebar, Corks, and a casual Tavern to fit any dining mood. The restaurant has been a AAA Four Diamond recipient for 18 years; DIRoNA winner since 1996; named Best Restaurant in NH and one of the Top 10 in the US. They offer the largest Wine Cellar in NH, over 8,000 bottles/750 labels and have received the 'Best of Award of Excellence'. All reservations are strictly for the Dining Room. Corks, Tavern and the Patio are seated on a first come first served basis. Visit our website for complete information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bedford Village Inn - Best Restaurants in Bedford, NH ›
Bedford Village Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (44)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (18)great for outdoor dining (16)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (9)scenic view (7)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Special Occasions are perfect hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/1/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday with a wonderful dinner at BVI. The service was outstanding and the staff went out of their way to greet us, wish my wife a Happy Birthday. Even a nice touch was a birthday card on the table. My wife appreciates details like that. And the food was wonderful. We often dine at BVI (mostly in The Tavern) and we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special place.JimRDined on 4/18/2014You hosted our 50th Wedding Anniversary which was handled very well. We come for other special events and will be returning often. The food and service are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beginning of RetirementMikeDined on 4/15/2014We requested a quiet table and we got it. The waiter, Fouad, was above and beyond attentive. Hopefully, he gets to serve us again. The food was excellent and delivery was impecable. It was a PERFECT night and got us off on our next stage of life on the right foot. We are going to highly recommend this restaurant to all of our friends. Thank you.Special Features:
- Excellent food, original presentatiFoodie1Dined on 4/12/2014Excellent food, original presentation, love the quiet ambience. Very enjoyable venue for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For an appetizer, the crabExpenseAccountDinerDined on 3/29/2014For an appetizer, the crab cakes were delicious. They were served with pickled onion, which was a really nice combination. My boyfriend said the short rib appetizer was possibly the best meat he'd ever eaten. He also loved the oxtail gnocchi. My salmon was good but nothing spectacular. We had the chocolate box for dessert, which was more than enough for two to share, and it was delicious, but actually the little chocolate balls they brought out at the end would have been enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food, excellect serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014I have lived in Southern New Hampshire for over 20 years and only visited the BVI for functions but will return frequently. The food was incredible, the service outstanding, and the atmosphere was perfect for a relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as always!Rottsx2Dined on 3/8/2014The BVI is our "go to" restaurant. We always know that we can depend on having a great dining experience there. The Tavern is perfect for a more casual meal, to meet friends for lunch, or for an impromptu get together for dinner. The Inn offers more fine dining with a menu that is just varied enough to please everyone. Their wine list is by far the best in the state. Try their local artisanal cheese board!! Delicious and a great way to try the area's cheeses. A restored antique inn with rooms individually decorated provide the ambience. Always pure pleasure--pure pleasure for all your senses!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option for affordableShelB83Dined on 3/6/2014Great option for affordable fine dining. The food is always outstanding and the portions are huge for fine dining. The service is hit or miss; the staff is trained well but service often comes off as awkward and rehearsed. I wish the menu changed more often or they had specials - it would make us come back more often. We love going to the tavern because they're constantly tweaking the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant FabulousSaltijemDined on 3/5/2014We sat by the fireplace staff fantastic. Wonderful dinner. Don't however go to Tavern at lunch, Brett couldn't smile even when we were the only people at the bar.Special Features:
- Excellence in BedfordBedfordBobDined on 2/22/2014When it's a special occasion my wife and I have always had the best food and the best service at the Bedford Village in Restaurant. We enjoyed a belated Valentines Day dinner there by the fire in a quiet little room. Dinner was spectacular. If we are out for a quick bite, we enjoy the tavern or corks. Great bar menu and good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as alwaysCindyDined on 2/16/2014We were given a table in the corner of the conservatory room. It was still light when we arrived and the outdoors was a winter wonderland. As it darkened the little white lights on the trees showed up more and it was lovely and romantic. We were having Valentine's Day late, to miss the crowds, so this was just perfect. Our waiter was attentive but not overly so. The food was tasty, well presented, cooked to our specifications (steak) and timed nicely. We wish we could afford to eat here more often, but the occasional splurge is nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitersou812Dined on 2/16/2014many restaurants have great food, but, to have great food and great waiters and staff, makes Bedford Village Inn and Restaurant stand above the rest. Thank you all for a very enjoyable evening and we will be back. Luis is a treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic spotCfischDined on 2/13/2014Great food and wine in a nice romantic environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On our arrival our waiterFillet101Dined on 2/12/2014On our arrival our waiter announced there were no specials and what was on the menu was what they had to offer. He did not return until much later after we had decided for ourselves what we were going to order. We would have liked some info on the interesting sounding entrees to make up our minds, but he was no where to be found. Our Quail appetizer was good and tasty but VERY over cooked with the meat welded to the wing bones. The salad was good. The fillet (ordered rare) was med. rare and was swimming in wine sauce with soggy onion rings . The atmosphere was pleasant and romantic, but the price of our meal ($150ish) warranted much better service. I don't recommend this restaurant. With fine dining I expect more than just a expensive meal.Special Features:
- A Quiet Dinner for TwoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014My husband and I enjoyed a quiet dinner this past Saturday at the Bedford Village Inn. Although parking was a bit of a challenge, the restaurant was lovely and the food was delicious and beautifully presented. Our waiter was pleasant and accommodating and we will definitely make a return visit in the future.Special Features:
- Relaxing EnvironmentluvtoeatoutDined on 2/1/2014The food is goo, the atmosphere is great and the wine selection is outstanding. We strongly recommend BVI for any special occasion. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about the BVI isOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Everything about the BVI is excellent! We always enjoy going the wine bar first for a glass of wine and then head downstairs to dinner. Both environments have the perfect atmosphere. Food is sensational!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014Went there to celebrate a new job. Food was awesome and creative, service impeccable. Only thing I'd consider any kind of heads-up is that you should plan for a full evening. The wait-staff doesn't rush things, and the experience is designed to be leisurely. If I was taking someone out for something romantic, this is the place I'd go.Special Features:
- Brunchmaryjon45Dined on 1/26/2014We were looking for a new place to have brunch on Sunday and decided on the Bedford Village Inn. We received excellent attention from the moment we arrived until we left. The hostess fulfilled our request or a fireside table, the servers were delighful and prompt and our bil was presented when we were ready for it. The food was excellent and the jams were special. Can't wait to go again. A note to OpenTable: I do not understand why none of my restaurant choices qualify for points. If Open Table is making the reservations and recgnizes me as soon as I log on, why not provide the points? This occurred at the Bedford Villge Inn and at the Seaglass Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2014My wife had the salmon and I had the filet. Both were done perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GLB BdayWABwvsbdayDined on 1/19/2014This was a special occasion for my wife and I, which was handle as such from our arrival at the check in to all the staff that assisted at the table. We were not rushed and we were able to talk quietly without being disturbed. The meal was cooked to perfection as we both ordered filet mignon and the presentation was like a picture in a magazine. The wine we selected was delightful and our dessert we share was a creme brulee which was more that wonderful. Our evening was very special and we will long remember it and we will return in the future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely find in Bedford!PuffinDined on 1/14/2014Just moved to Bedford; Refreshing to find such a delicious, versatile, lovely, historical, and charming restaurant in my new hometown. Service couldn't have been better; and, the food was as good as you will ever find anywhere. Perfect spot for everyone, every occasion! A real class act - has it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better experienceLocalJoeDined on 1/12/2014This experience was much better than my last visit about a month or so ago. Obviously the last time was an exception. I was pleased we gave them another try. Our whole dining experience was as expected. The service was excellent along with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luncheonrbfriedman946Dined on 1/7/2014I always enjoy a meal here. The atmosphere, food and service are excellent as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered the Braised ShortmdmorinDined on 1/4/2014I ordered the Braised Short Rib as an appetizer. It was delicious and believe it would do well as a main entree. However, at $16 it was a tad overpriced. My wife and daughter had the Roasted Colorado Lamb Loin as an entree which they both thought was overcooked, chewy, and unsatisfying. I had the Brandt New York Sirloin. It was cooked to perfection and exceptionally flavorful. For desert we tried the Chocolate Valentino (just okay) and the Seasonal Souffle (a little better). The menu was rather unimaginative overall. Many of the entrees were prepared with similar starches and vegetables. For a drink, I would highly recommend the Lemon Drop Martini. Our waiter was both attentive and charming. He provided our family with outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemSarahMVIPDined on 1/1/2014We love the BVI. Stay and pamper, or visit for a great brunch, lunch or nice evening out. Up-casual at the bar makes it a nice place to meet for an after work or pre-dinner cocktail. Service is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding EateryGabe3Dined on 1/1/2014A great place for a special occasion . The service is far above what one might expect. Will be going back again - well worth the hours drive.Special Features:
- Romantic getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013Very good gormet food, but expensive. Service was a bit slow too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Christmas TraditionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/30/2013Every year my friends and I get together after Christmas for dinner at the Bedford Village Inn. We know it is a little pricey but dining there is an event so we don't mind. The Christmas decorations are gorgeous and the service impeccable. Get the chocolate bag for dessert. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful breakfastDebbieDined on 12/29/2013This was our fourth time there for breakfast-this time with our son and daughter-in-law. It has been outstanding every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013My wife and I enjoyed a pre-holiday dinner at the Bedford Village Inn. The service was terrific and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't get what I asked for!NothappyDined on 12/21/2013I had requested a table in a room we have always had. Instead was placed in in a dark room and was crammed in an area where one person at our table was constantly bumped into when staff walked by. Every time they came to the other side of the table they were reaching over others of us. It was the worst experience and since I was bringing someone who had never been there I wanted this to be nice. I made this reservation early and even called to make sure I got our special room. Probably won't be back for awhile. Wasn't happy at all.
- Warning...Long LunchkarenaaDined on 12/13/2013Came here with a group from work, expecting to return to work after our luncheon. We arrived at 12:30 and didn't get out of there until close to 3. Service very slow, a few of our plates were a little cold. We've been here before, so realize it was probably an 'off' day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elevated food experienceJudgeKVIPDined on 12/6/2013Especially elegant at this season, when local florists decorate each of the several dining rooms and areas. The food is of the highest quality (Colorado lamb, for instance) and locally sourced when possible. Servers are well-trained, very pleasant and attentive without being intrusive. Great wine list: many outstanding vintages, and a few very nice ones in the $40 - 80 range. well-paced timing of meal, and luscious truffles (original style) as lagniappe with the check. One of my favorite places in New Hampshire (and the accommodations at the Inn are without parallel and extremely comfortable). I also recommend the BVI as a terrific breakfast venue to start off a day in comfort and refinement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15th AnniversaryMy15thDined on 11/24/2013Celebrating our anniversary was so wonderful. A lovely table by a fireplace decorated and adorned a lovely note wishing us a happy anniversary. Everything was perfect. The staff, the food and most of all the love of my life?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2013The food, service, and food were flawless. The steaks surpassed any of the steaks we have had in Boston's best steak houses. The main restaurant was country elegant, warm and welcoming.we woukd recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmoshere, Staff and foodRetired123112Dined on 11/17/2013The Bedford Village Inn is an old country farmhouse converted to a very nice restauran with ambiance and historical character. The wait staff and especially the Maitri D were excellent. Food was out of this world with reasonable proportions. It was a great way to celebrate my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulPamelaDined on 11/16/2013We celebrated my sister in law's 50th birthday. It is one of my favorite venues. We had my son's rehearsal dinner there 13 years ago. We had my 60th birthday celebration there. I had also attended a beautiful Christmas wedding there. Always an elegant and delightful venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 75th Birthday Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013To say the least, we had a marvelous time. Our waitor, Louis, was very attentive and friendly. Everyone was so gracious and accomodating. And the food was AWESOME!! It was a GREAT evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Perfect for Birthday CelebrationbvifanDined on 11/5/2013This was the perfect choice for a special birthday celebration. The restaurant went out of the way to make it special. They service was great, the food was great and the atmosphere perfect to good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.