Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
40 West Broad Street
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://nantucketseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 8645463535
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly: 5:00pm - until; Bar opens daily at 4:00; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $31 to $50
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Samuel Dominguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood can provide a variety of choices for your privite dining or party experience. Contact us to created and personalize your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Locke 8645463532
- Special Events: Contact our special events coordinator, Sarah Locke, at 864-546-3532 or email@example.com
A word from Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
Located on the corner of Main and Broad Street in the heart of Downtown Greenville, directly across from the Peace Center for Performing Arts, Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood is a seafood house like no other. This restaurant represents the second addition to the thriving downtown business district by Rick Erwin, a Greenville native. A stunning bar, a patio overlooking downtown’s Village Green, and elegant dining room combine to offer a memorable dining experience for any occasion. Our menu offers the freshest seafood available complimented by an exceptional wine selection from our massive wine cellar. We offer several options for large party dining for business and personal needs. Our commitment is superior customer service in an elegantly casual atmosphere that will encourage all our guests to return.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (140)romantic (83)fit for foodies (81)notable wine list (65)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (30)scenic view (26)vibrant bar scene (25)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (13)great for brunch (11)late-night find (8)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- BobLDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food and service. Noise level started out acceptable (7pm) but was very "energetic" by 8pm. Go early to enjoy the ambience and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent 1st Time VisitEdithDined on 8/9/2014First time dining here. Excellent experience. Service and atmosphere both were great. Our server, Keon, was only 2 months into the job and did a fantastic job serving my husband and I. Food was excellent as well. Would definitely recommend to others and we will certainly make the 45 trip again from Clinton SC to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Show time!ShowgoerDined on 8/8/2014The service staff was efficient but apparently the kitchen staff had some issues getting our food out in a timely fashion.We had six o'clock reservations, our food arrived at seven thirty-five and we had an eight o'clock curtain. The food was delicious but not enough time to enjoy it. The staff was helpful in they allowed us to return after the show to pay the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMGtydaDined on 8/8/2014Thanks for a nice evening. Look forward to dining here again.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerGP4LDined on 8/3/2014Just a "10" all the way from curb to table. Greeting was warm, service was excellent and food was as good as anywhere in downtown. Bread pudding topped the night off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty place that left a BAD Taste!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014We had reservations for Sunday brunch before a show at the Peace Center. The hostess asked if we wanted to sit outside or the bar then reluctantly offered the dining room. As this was a special occasion, my girlfriend's birthday, we wanted to enjoy the lovely dining room. The table options she gave us were near the restroom or a table not at a window and when we inquired about the open tables near the window she said that she had a reservation coming in for them, we chose a table with a partially obstructed view. Our waiter never offered the wine list or specials. He wasn't attentive or helpful. He wasn't quite rude but he certainly didn't make us feel valued or welcome. Inconsistent service at best. We will not return.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerKatesDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful food, excellent service from Julius. Open a restaurant in Columbia, sc!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best I have found in GreenvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/1/2014Fantastic meal and experience. They do a perfect balance of style without getting stuffy. The dining room is set up in a way to keep noise levels down. We had not problem having a conversation with everyone at the table. We had 5 people and everyone's meal was GREAT! Service was just what it should be, always there when you need something but not when you don't. One thing in particular was the finish of the meal, unlike most restaurants in Greenville, the waiter did not pull a vanishing act when it came time to get and process the check. He was on spot and finished perfectly. This is my new GO TO placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !!!CUTIGER94Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent Food & Service !!! Perfect for those "Special" occasions and "Romantic" treatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed our Anniversary dinner at Nantucket Grill. The service was exceptional and the recommendations were excellent. We will fondly remember the experience for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AshleyDined on 7/29/2014The food is consistently delicious and the service is always head and shoulders above other restaurants. We always recommend Nantucket to anyone coming into the area.Special Features:
- special occasionclemsongrad71Dined on 7/29/2014We decided to try Nantucket after dining at West End Grill in March. We were not disappointed. The service was attentive and well timed, allowing us to enjoy our food and drinks. Everyone was courteous. The yellow fin tuna was perfectly cooked..best I've had. I would definitely return even if it wasn't a special occasion...just a nice night out.Special Features:
- Disappointing eveningpatuniaDined on 7/26/2014When we made our reservation, we noted this was a special occasion. It was not. Seafood was cooked to perfection. Service was not. Ordered bubbly rose but got flat white. Ordered dinner wine early. Took forever to get to table and then was too warm to drink. Had to refill our own wine and water. Main course arrived before salad and we were asked if we wanted them to hold entree. Waiter told us he would pay for the returned entrees and would ensure ours were fresh. Salad arrived with croutons and wrong dressing. Side vegetable after recommendation from waiter after dietary restrictions discussed could not be eaten. Long waits for waiter to return with multiple errors on his part. The service spoiled what was to be special.
- Very HappyAtedinnerDined on 7/25/2014I received possibly the best service that I have ever received at a restaurant. The waiter appeared when needed, but was discreet and avoided interrupting a single conversation. Never had to ask for a single item or refill. I usually do not eat dessert; however, it was so good that I even finished mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food before a great concert.MusicandfoodloverDined on 7/24/2014Excellent food. Waiter had slight mix up with the order but handled it effectively and made good recommendations. Seating was prompt upon arrival as was service. Overall a great dining experience prior to a great concert at the Peace Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!TonyMDined on 7/24/2014Finally got to try out Rick Erwins NS before going to the Peace Center for a concert and we were impressed with both the food and the service. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and were met with a birthday greeting as well as a card signed by the staff. Our waiter Paul was very helpful with the menu for us first-timers and remained attentive throughout the meal without being overbearing. Both of our dinners were excellent and cooked to perfection. We will be back, thanks RENS for making our night special.Special Features:
- outstanding eleganceannieVIPDined on 7/21/2014Ambience fit for special occasions, upscale seafood with alternate options on the menu, amazing wine list and a special touch: Rick Erwin himself coming to each table during the evening to check if everything is to our satisfactionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday night outcjrskiDined on 7/19/2014Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood was recommended for a special night out, my birthday. It was my first visit to Nantucket--I loved the ambiance, the service was terrific and the food was very good. I don't think the menu items we selected were overly special, but the presentation of the dinner items selected was in keeping with the rest of restaurant, which was excellent.Special Features:
- Great timegreattimeDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversay and my birthday. It was the perfect place to come and enjoy each other with great food. I am obsessing over the she-crab soup, I must have more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nantucket Seafood is worth it!DelightfulDined on 7/18/2014Our first visit to Rich Erwin's Nantucket Seafood was well worth it! We drove from Anderson for a special evening out and we were not disappointed. First the spacious apportionment and detail to decorating where you could hear yourself think and converse with others was very appreciated. The service we received was professional and courteous with excellent knowledge of the menu. Our meal presentation was matched by the excellent quality and taste of our salad and entree'. The desserts were the grand finale' ending our delightful experience. We recommend this restaurant for a top notch dining experience. We will be making more drives from Anderson! Thank you to the RENS staff for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014The service is always good. the food is very appetizing and usually more than we can eat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014The food is fanastic and the atmosphere provides a comfortable experience. Truly our favorite place to dine in the Greenville area.Special Features:
- Made A Great BirthdayStephanieDined on 7/12/2014I made reservations at Nantucket for my grandmother's 77th birthday. From start to finish the service was exceptional. We were immediately greeted and seated promptly in a great booth. Our waiter was fabulous, even going so far as customizing an entree for me that was not on the menu. My grandfather who is 85 has trouble walking and everyone was so patient with us and also very willing to help making sure he was comfortable. For the price this is not an everyday type of place, more for special occasions although they do have a 3 course theater menu that's great. The food was outstanding! I see definitely will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- purdueparentsDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I enjoyed the theater special. This was our first visit. We both had the surf and turf preceded by a great appetizer. The portion sizes were perfect. We were satisfied but not overly stuffed. Service was great. This was a special occasion for us. Price was a concern initially but quickly faded given such a great dining experience. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Liked It!TrySomethingNewDined on 7/10/2014The scallops "a la Oscar" were outstanding. My wife felt that the amount of fries that accompanied her seafood platter was excessive. They were very dark in color, looking old or overcooked. The seafood itself was excellent, she said. It was our 27th anniversary, and when my wife's dessert came it was accompanied by a cookie on which had been written in chocolate, "Happy Anniversary," which delighted her very much. The only thing that bothered me personally was that one waiter introduced himself as "ours," yet four others attended us; one was obviously new, not knowing whether to pour coffe at the table or take my cup away. It took close to five minutes to get after-dinner coffee. Interestingly, the decaf was much better than the regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinner!!!!!!NYCDinerVIPDined on 7/8/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Greenville, SC. We highly recommend that you dine here.
- Just OKGreerFoodieDined on 7/8/2014My husband's dinner was really good (surf and turf) but mine was not. I had the trout and it was very oily. Waitress did not notice I couldn't eat it until the end of the meal and it was too late to request something else. We asked to have it boxed up for my husband's lunch next day, but she forgot and we did not get the box. She did give me a free coffee drink as an apology. She was very apologetic and very nice. Then, there were mistakes on the bill. We were charged for the coffee and charged for a salad that came with the meal.
- Dated and overpricedLipsmackinuDined on 7/6/2014Food is dated and not skillfully prepared...scallops were amoniated...Carnagie Deli(which is not in business anymore)cheese cake tasted like a walkin cooler....
- Great place for a great meal!luv2eatDined on 7/5/2014Was outstanding meal and service, everyone at the table was pleased with their selection. These days it is very hard to find a restaurant that knows how to treat people and serve a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/5/2014Excellent restaurant with fantastic service and terrific food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- King of seafood in GreenvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014An abundance of great choices for seafood dishes, including calamari, lobster, scallops, shrimp, ahi tuna, sea bass, etc., all with the option of an Oscar (crab and hollandaise sauce) topping. All dishes were delicious with great presentation. Also some good choices for draft beer on tap. Great outdoor seating, plus more elegant atmosphere inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1550 reviews are from the Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood reviews archive.
- Spectacular!BlueHawaii12Dined on 7/2/2014Treated my parents for their first visit. They felt like Royalty! The staff was professional, yet not stuffy. The food was amazing. My parents both ordered the Company Lump Crab Cakes (neither wanted to share!) I'm going back for the fresh Hawaiian Sea Bass.Special Features:
- Rick's NantucketFinediningVIPDined on 6/29/2014The seafood was average but the price was for fine dining, which it was not.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceBillSr1Dined on 6/29/2014Celebrated Mom's 86th birthday and the experience was superb. Still talking about it 2 days later! Wait staff especially Holly were excellent! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as always.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZVIPDined on 6/29/2014Nantuckets never disappoints and once again, our family had a great meal before over to the Peace Center. Great nightSpecial Features:
- Flat out FantasticDaedalusDined on 6/28/2014I was looking for a place that my wife and I neither had been to for our 3 year anniversary, and I stumbled across Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood on open table and thought that it would be perfect. Much to my surprise, the place was better than I expected. I'm not much a seafood connoisseur, but my wife is and she said that it was the best lobster she every had. My Filet Mignon was one of, if not, the best I've had in Greenville. As stated, our food was perfect, the waitress was very knowledgeable and attentive, and the atmosphere was perfect. Wy wife and I have pretty much decided to keep going back for our anniversaries. One of the best dinners we ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuckyDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful food! Great service. I will be going back.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the restaurant overall.HappyDined on 6/27/2014Excellent menu and ambiance. My only complaint is traffic path to and from rooms is blocked periodically.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014Great food. Oyster appetizer was amazing- large and fresh. Scallop entree was delicious. Shrimp and grits were good, but only received 4 shrimp (kinda disappointing). Service was good but drinks were weak. After 'complaining' we were set right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greenville TreasureColormanDined on 6/27/2014Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood Restaurant was once again an excellent dining experience. I had the halibut special which was exceptional. The service was outstanding, attentive but not over bearing. On a previous occasion, I ordered the filet which was excellent. So regardless of your tastes this is restaurant is sure to please.Special Features: