Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
40 West Broad Street
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://nantucketseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 8645463535
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly: 5:00pm - until; Bar opens daily at 4:00; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $31 to $50
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Samuel Dominguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood can provide a variety of choices for your privite dining or party experience. Contact us to created and personalize your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Locke 8645463532
- Special Events: Contact our special events coordinator, Sarah Locke, at 864-546-3532 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
Located on the corner of Main and Broad Street in the heart of Downtown Greenville, directly across from the Peace Center for Performing Arts, Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood is a seafood house like no other. This restaurant represents the second addition to the thriving downtown business district by Rick Erwin, a Greenville native. A stunning bar, a patio overlooking downtown’s Village Green, and elegant dining room combine to offer a memorable dining experience for any occasion. Our menu offers the freshest seafood available complimented by an exceptional wine selection from our massive wine cellar. We offer several options for large party dining for business and personal needs. Our commitment is superior customer service in an elegantly casual atmosphere that will encourage all our guests to return.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)romantic (108)notable wine list (77)fit for foodies (71)good for groups (52)scenic view (35)neighborhood gem (34)great for outdoor dining (29)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (15)great for brunch (13)late-night find (11)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- JBOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014I have been to Rick Erwin's a few times, entertaining customers, but this bustee first time I have been able to take my wife with me. We had a wonderful pice of grilled swordfish with a wild rice orzo mix. Before dinner, we had the she crab soup and wedge salad. All was outstanding. The wine list was quite good, too. Rusty was our waiter and he was friendly, but not overbearing, and knowledgeable and helpful in choosing and substituting sides. A wonderful place to dine, whether with a group or for a romantic dinner with your wife. By the way, the Restairantnis connected to the Courtyard by Marriott. If you are staying in town, I recommend staying at the Courtyard and having dinner at Rick Erwin's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentunexpectedDined on 6/20/2014My Husband for years have proclaimed Hanks in Chaleston S.C. with the best shrimp & grits. He stated Rick's are better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toes22Dined on 6/15/2014Short on kitchen staff wait staff apologized but a restaurant of this caliber should not take on customers when they know of staff issues. Would go back and have had good experiences before, however Sunday night they were off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialtruepleasureDined on 6/14/2014A great place to celebrate a special occasion or just enjoy a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate the beast!Live4foodVIPDined on 6/14/2014We were offered and accepted the opportunity to enjoy an 8# lobster. Prepared exquisitely, one of the best we have ever had, hats off to the chef.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceGolddustwoman249Dined on 6/14/2014I was entertaining some friends visiting from out of town. My husband and I have enjoyed the bar with just beverages and appetizers on several occasions but had never eaten in the full restaurant. Everything was terrific! Great service and excellent food. My friends loved it as well so the evening was 100% of a success. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Before A ShowB4showDined on 6/13/2014Nantuckett's has a gem for dinner before a show at the Peace Center. We enjoyed the "Theater Menu" before the Martina McBride show. It was perfect, $30, delicious selections, perfectly prepared and included dessert. The white chocolate coconut cream pie is everything I want in a dessert. Service was great, friendly and fast. Very nice being just a stroll across the street to the Peace Center. Valet parking was a perk also. Great place to celebrate a special day. It was not a special occasion for us, such as an anniversary or birthday, but it was a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal, again!!BroobarDined on 6/10/2014This is my 4th trip to Nantucket this year & once again, I am not disappointed. Thanks to the staff & mgmt for keeping this an excellent place to bring clients!!Special Features:
- First Timers30thAnniversaryDined on 6/8/2014Service was excellent, very attentive, but not overbearing. Meals and appetizers were prepared very well. Would defiantely reccomend to friends and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingmrssmithDined on 6/7/2014After years of living (and dining) in Charleston, my husband and I were happy to find a seafood restaurant of this quality in Greenville. Food was flawless, service was impeccable. Great location as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nantucket's is outstandingFoodhoundDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I took in dinner at Nantuckets and had a wonderful meal. The quality of the seafood is amazing and beats many high end coastline seafood restaurants I have been to. The staff are attentive and knowledgeable and the wine selection is perfect. A drink at the bar after dinner is fun and a lively crowd of seemingly successful 30 to 50 year olds allows for a fun, comfortable and relaxing time.Special Features:
- Fantastic!jwrig171Dined on 6/7/2014We were super impressed with Nantucket. The food was amazing as well as the atmosphere. We were impressed with the knowledge of our waitress in regards to the fish and how they are prepared. We will definitely be coming back. We really enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014My husband and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary! As soon as we walked through the doors, we were greeted with 'Happy Anniversary.' The environment was lovely and our server was great! He brought us champagne and served us with the utmost kindness. Dessert was incredible! I really liked that they put a cookie with "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate frosting in the creme brulee. Everything about our dining experience was fantastic! Thank you, again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/4/2014Enjoyed an AMAZING dinner celebrating my 40th Birthday! The food and service was above par!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They do Seafood RightLive2eatDined on 6/3/2014I was a little disappointed that the Copper River Salmon I had there last year at this time wasn't available. I decided to try the Trout. It was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Celebration!GvillegalDined on 6/2/2014First visit to Nanucket Seafood but not our last. Due to the priciness, this restaurant is a "special occasion" dining spot for us. Our meals were delicious! The service was great! Our server was pleasant, helpful and patient with our "first timers" questions. For dessert, our server recommended the key lime pie and we should have listened. The bread pudding was bland and tasteless. Not at all what we expected. Rick Erwin stopped by to see if we were enjoying ourselves. A very special touch!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014Rick is always a great host. We appreciate the personal visits to the table to thank us for dining. Great customer service!Special Features:
- Love this placeNovember88Dined on 5/31/2014Great service and food, love the atmosphere, favorite place in GreenvilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual ambience in the barBeenThereDoneThatVIPDined on 5/30/2014Great food, service and an exciting amount of people in the bar. Perfect spot for a casual dinner or drinks/apps. The restaurant itself is beautiful, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary DinnerJwk115Dined on 5/29/2014This is our second time at Nantucket. It was a very good dinner both times. I had the steak and lobster and my husband had the crab stuffed lobster. Both were excellent. It isn't inexpensive, but great for a special occasion. Well worth the splurge. We will return.Special Features:
- cjo1cjo1Dined on 5/25/2014dinner was excellent - great service - pleased with the overall dining experienceSpecial Features:
- great spot for brunchPallietjDined on 5/25/2014The food and service were good. Good variety of menu choices at a good overall value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCarolinaGirlDined on 5/24/2014The food was outstanding! The pomegranate martina was very good. A frozen grape in it would have enhanced the drink. Also, wish that you had black napkins for customers. The dining experience was well worth the money.Special Features:
- Special occasionscwaterfallsDined on 5/24/2014If you're looking for the place downtown for that special occasion, this is it. We sat on the terrace and it couldn't have been more pleasant. The food was fantastic and the service was even better. I had the surf and turf and my wife had the grouper. Really first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Wait with reservationFoodRvwDined on 5/23/2014Nantucket always has great food and very good service. I write this review b/c we had to wait 15 min past our reservation time even when they were aware we were celebrating our aniversery. Not holding a table for a reservation is a big deal to me. They were very crowded as it was a big weekend in Greenville with Freedom Weekend Aloft and was also Friday at 7p. The service was very good as always but maybe a tick lower than usual due to the crowd. Overall all though this is still a top spot in Greenville. Maybe "the" top for gourmet fish plates. I had the grouper and it was prepared well as I expected. We also tried the mussels app for the first time and it was prepared well with very good flavor and reasonably priced considering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Quality of food does not match the the ambience of the place. Was our first and last time there.
- Theater TimethecatDined on 5/22/2014Great spot for dining when attending a performance at the Peace Center. The staff are mindful of curtain call time and try to get you on your way as quickly as possible. The food is good and the staff friendly and accommodating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before show experienceivebeeneverywhereDined on 5/22/2014We had dinner before the show last Thursday and everything was outstanding. It started with the wonderful person you had show us to our table and continued with great food and service. All four of us enjoyed a different seafood item with universal praise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner & TheaterLoveGreenvilleDined on 5/22/2014Peace Center and dinner at Nantucket is perfect! With parking such a problem downtown especially when there are several events going on at the same time, Nantucket solves the problem with valet parking, great dinner spot, then just walk across the street to the "jewel of downtown," the Peace Center! Wiith old age creaking up and limited mobility, there's nothing better for a great night on the town!Special Features:
- The following 1505 reviews are from the Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood reviews archive.
- Pre Show DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2014We ate here before the Phantom Of the Opera show... Great venue right across from the Peace Center. Fantastic food, and fantastic service. They even have a theater menu ready to go, to make choices easier.Special Features:
- Food and service were great...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014This was our second time at Nantucket. The first time the service was bad. We decided to give them another try because the food was good. This time our service was excellent and the food was very good.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014I had crab stuffed lobster and I NEARLY. DIED. OF GOODNESS.Special Features:
- Another good experiencePariskenDined on 5/20/2014We have dined here for dinner and brunch over the years that they have been opened. Consistently very good.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Night With My LadyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Dinner food quality was outstanding. Quantity of food was almost too much. Service very professional. Valet parking excellent. I would return for dinner in a heart-beat. A+++ Greenville TravelerSpecial Features:
- Fish at its Beat.SatisfiedVIPDined on 5/18/2014Eaten here several times and love it. Always high standard. Excellent taste and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rick Erwin's hits another home run!luvgr8foodDined on 5/18/2014I love Rick Erwin's other restaurant down the street (best steaks and Calimari ever) so I was very excited to hear about Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood Restaurant. Friends of mine joined me for Sunday Brunch before seeing a play across the street at the Peace Center. The food was fabulous and my friends could hardly put their mouths around the thick juicy hamburgers. The service was great and the waiter knew that we were going to the theater and made sure we had plenty of time to enjoy our meal and not feel rushed getting out the door. The atmosphere is very cozy and inviting and it would be a great spot for a romantic evening as well. I give this restaurant 5 stars in every category. I only wish he'd open up a restaurant in Asheville!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deserts?MinusdesertsDined on 5/18/2014Brunch before the show was great. Only disappointment was that at noon, 3 of the desert choices were gone due to a big party the night before. Better planning to suit all diners would be better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concerned?OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014Have been to Nantucket many times, several times over the last couple of months. The last two times is has been average. Rushed food and not particularly good service. This last visit for our son's college graduation hit a new low... waiting over 30 min past reservation time, and the food quality was lacking/ two of the four dinners were really not cooked well. It was just disappointing. In the past, we have recommended Nantucket- I'm really not sure that I would, currently. I hope things improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLovesGoodFoodDined on 5/17/2014A disappointing dining experience. Unlike the sister restaurant, Rick Erwin's Westside Grill, Nantucket's seems to be disorganized and haphazard, cramped to the point of making one claustrophobic, and the food was mediocre (at best) in the preparation. All of the elements are in place for a stellar experience (recipes, ambiance) but staffing issues seem to doom any chance for a memorable night. Waiters picking up dropped items from the floor and then serving without washing, entree meats with cool centers, and inattention to order details were the norm for us, all combining to create an overall disappointment that will keep me from repeating a meal there. The mechanics of dining need a lot of work there. And it is truly a shame.
- Dining in GreenvillediningDined on 5/17/2014We made reservations for a special event. My seafood was great, my friend's steak dry. The service was just ok. Had to ask for salt/pepper and bread which waitress said she would bring twice. Table located in busy area next to kitchen and furniture constantly being changed in and out. My friend's chair kept getting hit. Wine list great. Wine best part of evening. When seated, I made a comment to host about large table for 2 (meant for 4) and no comment. When exiting, talked to host and said next time request not to be seated on right side.Special Features: