208 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.baladerestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2125296868x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:30am - 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Micheline Wakim
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For all your inquiries, Please email us at Catering@baladerestaurants.com
- Private Party Facilities: for all your inquiries, Please email us at email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Roland Semaan 2125296868x3
- Entertainment: Live Music: Oud with Violinist every thursday night!
- Special Events: For all your inquiries, Please email us at Specialevents@baladenyc.com
A word from Balade
An Eastern Mediterranean restaurant that is a genuine addition to New York City’s diverse International cuisines. Specializing in Lebanese cuisine, Balade is a quaint neighborhood destination in the East Village with a warm and hospitable setting. Owned and operated by Roland Semaan (Hilton Hotels, NYC; B.R. Guest Restaurant Group, NYC) – Balade, which means Local, when describing produce of high quality in Lebanese, is the true culmination of his heritage and impressive hospitality background and experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Balade - Best Restaurants in East Village ›
Balade reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (17)romantic (17)late-night find (11)great for lunch (9)special occasion (8)hot spot (8)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- good foodNehaVIPDined on 1/12/2014We are vegetarian and were looking for a place with variety for us....... this is the place :) as it offers a lot of options......i would recommend this place. The service was great and ambiance was amazing.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatJML04FSUVIPDined on 1/11/2014Will definitely be back! Balade was a great Lebonese spot we found and would love to share with friends visiting NYC looking for a unique dining atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Middle Eastern Food.dinesoutalotVIPDined on 1/9/2014I love Middle Eastern Food. This restaurant's menu is fantastic. Everyone in my group of 4 ordered either lamb or chicken kabobs. In retrospect we should have said, to cook the lamb medium rare. Both the lamb and chicken were "a bit overdone. HOWEVER, I would try this restaurant again. That is how great there menu is. There is so much for us to try. The apps were all right on!Special Features:
- DeliciousSaxxynycVIPDined on 1/7/2014This was amazing Lebanese food with large portions and good wine/beer. I purchased an Amazon Local deal, and will definitely be back. If you are looking for great Middle Eastern food in a quiet and warm environment, this is your place. I highly recommend Balade!Special Features:
- Yum mezzeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013The food was very delicious. I especially lived the fava bean and the labneh appetizers. The pita bread served with the mezze was a bit week. The waitress was a bit overworked on New Year's Eve; however, I also found her knowledge about the menu and the short wine list to be rather poor. We did receive everything we ordered and we were not rushed. I will definitely go back to try more of the menu. I'll probably return on a less busy evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food on ChristmasChez1Dined on 12/25/2013My girlfriend and I went on Christmas night after booking a couple days before. Everything was excellent, the food was absolutely perfect. Only down side was the hoards of people trying to get a table with no booking, which sort of cramped us as we were at a table right at the front of the restaurant. The servers were understandably a bit pushed and very busy, but they were doing their best. On a not so busy night, this place would be 5 stars all round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy the eveningNYCvisitorVIPDined on 12/24/2013The food at Balade was good, as was the service. This is a place for sharing...from appetizers to desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eats and great wineBeccaDined on 12/13/2013A go to spot for me and my girlfriends. Great vegetarian options for me..much appreciated!Special Features:
- The food and service wereKimballVIPDined on 12/10/2013The food and service were very good. When asked, our waitress gave excellent suggestions. Everything was flavorful and nicely spiced. The entire staff was friendly and courteous. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came here with 2 other friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/23/2013I came here with 2 other friends to enjoy dinner on a Saturday night. The hummus was excellent and I would definitely order it again. I shared a couple of meat dishes with my non vegetarian friend.... the lamb kebab was ok. It was rather dry and a bit overcooked unfortunately. The spiced beef sausage was good, but nothing mind blowing. The grilled shrimp were quite good though. My vegetarian friend ordered a couple of dishes and was very happy with hers. The Malbec they serve is excellent and the staff was wonderful. The service was friendly and very on point. The ambiance is also nice with enough vibrance to have fun but quiet enough to be able to have a conversation. The food wasn't amazing, but I would still come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkCoCoDined on 11/16/2013The restaurant was just okay. For a restaurant in the city, I was disappointed. I had the lamb dish and the lamb was over cooked, was a bit burnt even. It didn't have much flavor and the rice was blah. The halal cart food for $5 I thought is better than the dish I had at Balade. The middle eastern restaurant in Queens is way better than this restaurant. It wasn't worth the money and the trip all the way to the city. I wouldn't go back to this restaurant. The only good thing was the service, out waitress was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Better service neededRoshDined on 11/10/2013Took a while to get food. The food was good, though not the best Middle Eastern food I have ever had. The ambience at night is very romantic. The mezzes (small plates) make it a good pick for going out with a group of friends who are comfortable with sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousAliceDined on 11/8/2013Terrific menu! Three of us shared several small plates and one platter. The service was great, and the Lebanese wine recommendation was perfect. It got very crowded and noisy after about 8:30 so an early reservation was ideal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding dining expedience ;)pleasedcoupleDined on 10/29/2013The best choice from a list of proposed restaurants by Google, for my special hunny. His birthday dinner turned out very special and extremely delicious! What a gem! Amazing service! Super affordable! Great decor! Very relaxing authentic music. I fell in love with this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013Ballade is one of my absolute favorite restaurants! The food is exceptional good and the people who work there are incredibly nice and helpful and prompt. I cannot say enough about the food: the hummus is light and fluffy, the toum (garlic paste that you put on meat) really adds another dimension of flavor, the meat is juicy and flavorful, the fatoosh salad is my favorite with a refreshing dressing of lemon, olive oil and a variety of spices. And finally, the baklava was so delicious and delicate, not too sweet, just light and flavorful and melts in your mouth. This is my 5th time at the restaurant and it is still as good as the first time. :-) Thank you Balade!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mediterranean in New YorkMarkDined on 8/1/2013The decor is sublime, the food is as authentic as in lebanon, i always enjoy dining at this establishment.Special Features:
- Very FreshMarkDined on 8/1/2013Everything was very tasty and fresh, the daily special was authentic. this is our 5th visit in the past 2 month. we became balade addict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodDeeDeeDined on 7/31/2013Overall, everything was good. No complaints whatsoever.Special Features:
- awesome Lebanese with local charmNYC2caliVIPDined on 7/29/2013this place has phenomenal mezze and the meat is very good but not great , however the beef shawarma is the best sandwich I have had in nyc . oh and get the chankleesh and megadarra dip, spicy walnut paste is a 10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good food.AmirDined on 7/24/2013We didn't enjoy the food. Maybe because I'm Lebanese of origin and used to much better Lebanese/Mediterranean food. The Taboulleh and the baba ghanoush was not good at all. The meat on the mixed grilled plate, was very dry. The oldest server was the best, the other two were confused and stressed that effected the ambience badly. I would pick another Lebanese/Mediterranean restaurant, specially if its your first time.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialDaveVIPDined on 7/24/2013Expensive for the quality of food and service. We waited almost 45min for our main course and when they arrived they were cold, dried out, and very dismal. Not a great experience overall.
- Great Food, Great Friendly Service!BenihanaFanVIPDined on 7/15/2013Very good experience! Food is very good and service is very attentive with everyone being very helpful and friendly. We had the sautéed spicy shrimp (excellent flavor!) appetizer and the salad (fresh and tasty). Combo plates are excellent! Chicken is very juicy and flavorful, lamb flavorful and tender. Excellent restaurant, great value and great service. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2013Our reservation assured us a good table spot! Everyone was friendlly. The staff helped to explain any menu item questions and they were very willing to make our dishes less spicy. However, this did not take away from the flavors in our food. Each appetizer and main meal were delicious! In fact one of the best meals of this kind that we've had! I rated the service one less star only because we kept needing to ask for water refills. We will surely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timealtoDined on 7/1/2013The service, food and price was great . My first time here and it offered a vast array of plates to please each diner in my party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- traditional and greatAlisonVIPDined on 6/29/2013Food was very fresh and tasty. Nothing too extravagant, but very traditional and classic Mediterranean food. I also have multiple waiters helping me at the same time! While it was a little confusing at times, we were taken very well care of.Special Features:
- good restaurant, food is perfectFloreVIPDined on 6/22/2013good restaurant, food is perfect and they are nice. great for a quick meal tooSpecial Features:
- Nice, but not morenofoodie1Dined on 6/6/2013The atmosphere is plesant, service helpful and friendly. The food is good if your in the neighborhood, but not worth traveling far for.Special Features:
- Impressed!GrillemDafoeDined on 6/2/2013I was here for dinner a little while ago and greatly enjoyed it... and brunch was even better! It was a quiet Sunday morning, so we got excellent service-- pleasant and attentive. The full regular menu is available, and it was supplemented with a diverse menu of egg dishes which provide awesome Mediterranean add-ons: hummus, labneh, kafta, etc. And each entree comes with salad, pita bread, coffee or oj and some sweets afterward (think baklava); so it was a great deal to boot. Overall I think that this place is underrated and I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lebanese Food in the L.E.S.JPachangaDined on 5/31/2013Food was good, nice atmosphere, even the Lebanese beer was good. Lamb was alittle dry, I like it more juicy... the rest of the food was very tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at a great priceebowabDined on 5/31/2013We really enjoyed this place. The food was wonderful and the prices were very reasonable. The tabouli salad was excellent!!Special Features:
- just okRose624VIPDined on 5/29/2013I went here for the first time and the food was ok but not great.
- DeliciousADavies83Dined on 5/24/2013My husband loves Lebanese food and we had found this restaurant by chance months ago. We went again this past Friday night to celebrate his birthday. It's wonderful - great food, great ambiance, and the wait staff are very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!EricVIPDined on 5/22/2013We first went about 3 years ago just after they opened and have been in a love affair since then. The food is simply awesome!!! The service is unbelievable. This is on the permanent rotation of eating out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HumusBKRJDined on 5/18/2013Wonderful establishment which is the homew of the very best humus that we've ever had. Fantastic!!! Attentive staff full of recommendations for the daring as well as the not so daring :-))Special Features:
- This is the second time we'veMahjesticsVIPDined on 5/15/2013This is the second time we've been there. It was very loud this time because there was a large party and our food was a little over-cooked. However, the service was excellent. Will probably go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a delicious surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/14/2013atmospherically romantic and calming, and tasteful and vast menu....a great meal and evening...and attentive and helpful staff....Special Features:
- The ambiance is wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/3/2013The ambiance is wonderful. Food was good. Could have been spicier. Would return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleMarkDined on 4/27/2013This is the most authentic lebanese restaurant in nyc, we have been coming here for 3 years and they are so consistent. Best hummus, lame basin, baba ghanouj and mix grill in the world.Special Features:
- Food was okay. the LebaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/22/2013Food was okay. the Lebanese sauvignon blanc was excellent.
- Authentic Lebanese At It's Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2013A group of give of us went on a Friday evening in this bustling part if she East Side in NYC. Our dinner reservation was honored immediately and we were seated at a comfy table with plush pillows. The Lebanese food was as authentic and as good as you can get!! This was definitely a stand-out restaurant in a city with so many choices!!Special Features: