1515 14th St., NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.postodc.com/
- Phone: 2023328613x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 7:00pm at bar only. Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Pre-theater menu: Monday - Sunday from opening to 6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Massimo Fabbri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Posto
Inspired to create a casual Italian restaurant in their own neighborhood, the culinary team behind Washington, DC’s award-winning Ristorante Tosca opened the doors to Posto, “a modern Italian place to meet,” in December 2008. It is located in a beautiful, century-old building (which at one time was a car dealership!) on the newly re-energized 14th St. NW – right next door to The Studio Theater, and just steps away from P St. and its hubbub of activity. As a proud new addition to the Logan Circle neighborhood, Posto serves classic and modern Italian dishes, and is the perfect place to drop in for a cocktail and a quick bite, or a multi-course meal shared with friends. A custom-built, wood-burning oven located in the back of the dining room entices guests with the smells of just-baked Neapolitan style pizzas and focaccia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Posto reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (38)great for outdoor dining (29)good for groups (27)notable wine list (17)romantic (16)special occasion (16)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Great as always. We had aCharlesVIPDined on 2/24/2010Great as always. We had a waitress I had never had before, and her service was definitely two or three notches below that provided by everyone else working at Posto. She never asked how any of the food was, never offered to get another glass of wine, etc. Hopefully it was just an off day for her and not a harbinger of a change in Posto's standards.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed Posto. FoodDCFoodie24VIPDined on 2/24/2010Really enjoyed Posto. Food was fantastic. But it was so loud. Could barely hear what my friend was saying.Special Features:
- Everyone was pretty pleasedsoxgalVIPDined on 2/23/2010Everyone was pretty pleased with their food - the pizza crust was great. However, the overall lack of service (not being able to find a waiter, no plates for the pizza etc) put a slight damper on the evening. I would definitely go back though - maybe it was an off night.
- Very attentive service andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2010Very attentive service and very good food. Well-chosen wine list. The obvious issue is the noise, which is a function of the crowding of tables and the cement floor. It's a shame, because the food really is good, but it's hard to appreciate or discuss amidst the din. Parking is another issue, but there's little the restaurant can do about that. Table surface area a bit small for four people.Special Features:
- Great food, nice area of DC.ShelleyDined on 2/20/2010Great food, nice area of DC. Great wine list and wait staff. Would go again.Special Features:
- Food was amazing, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/20/2010Food was amazing, service was great - will definitely go back!Special Features:
- The food was very good. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2010The food was very good. We had the rigatoni bolognese special and it was awesome. It was really out of this world good. I highly recommend that they add it to the regular menu (as opposed to the special menu). We also had the rockfish which was very good. We didn't care much for the red snapper though. The service was excellent. We will definetly go back.
- The food here is very goodNeighborVIPDined on 2/19/2010The food here is very good and the price point is spot on. The space is pleasant but it is extremely loud. The tables are also deep, so it is very difficult to have a ocnversation with others at your table. Knowing this, I requested the corner table for a birthday dinner, but they did not pay attention to the request.
- Last minute find for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2010Last minute find for Valentine's day! After I switched entrees with my partner we were both thrilled. . . a little pricey for every day dining if you're not ordering pizza, but the service was excellent and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/12/2010One of the best restaurants in the neighborhood. Love it.Special Features:
- Food was very good and I haveIraHVIPDined on 2/12/2010Food was very good and I have to admit the first time I rated Posto I was a little harsh because of the fact I had made a reservation and they were not open. It was not their fault that it snowed 2 feet.Special Features:
- Everything was lovely. TheErikaEVIPDined on 2/12/2010Everything was lovely. The wines by the glass were intriguing; the menu a delight to read, and even more to eat. I can't wait to go back for another round.Special Features:
- The service was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/4/2010The service was wonderful. Food was very good. Wine list was nice, but wines by the glass were pricy.Special Features:
- fascinating menu, prices reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2010fascinating menu, prices reasonable, portions small but exquisite--very continental. would not make it a regular place, but certainly hope to go backSpecial Features:
- Our waiter was unusually wonderful:lunchladyDined on 2/3/2010Our waiter was unusually wonderful: attentive and considerate without being intrusive or overfriendly. Gianpietro?Special Features:
- Posto was out of two differentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/30/2010Posto was out of two different bottles of wine I tried to order. The server recomended an expensive alternative bottle(big time upsell effort) instead which was good, although I don't need a recomendation to know an $80 bottle of wine is "very good". Food was good, service was average. We had a party of four and all left happy. Will be back.
- I had high expectations ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/29/2010I had high expectations of Posto since there's been much buzz and celebs have dined there. It started out with delicious bread, nicely salted and seasoned and warm - just the way I like it! The wine was great as well. But the pizza we ordered, the Caprina was nothing special. The main problem was there wasn't enough cheese. I expect more from an Italian restaurant when it comes to pizza. The Bufalina salad was just OK as well. I had a specialty drink for dessert which was a nice way to end an average meal.