14344 North Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sapporoscottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4806071114
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm DINNER Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm-10:30pm Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm-11:30pm HAPPY HOUR Everyday 3:00pm-7:00pm REVERSE HAPPY HOUR Thursday - Saturday: 10:00pm-close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Stephen Stromberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sapporo offers a private Teppanyaki room that comfortably sits up to 20 people. Enjoy the "Dinnertainment provided by our experienced and talented chefs!
- Private Party Contact: Joe Popo 4806071114
A word from Sapporo
When reserving tables online, please indicate your table preference: Teppan or Pacific Rim Dining Room. Known for its fresh, high-quality food and vibrant nightlife atmosphere, Sapporo’s dramatic exterior is framed with giant torches that light the Scottsdale sky. The interior is equally dramatic and includes an elegant elliptical bar where the passion-mango martini is a local favorite. The restaurant’s menu includes a variety of premium sushi and Teppanyaki as well as classic and contemporary Asian specialties, such as Grilled Black Cod glazed in Miso; delicately fried Tempura, and even a spicy take on Hawaiian poki. Sapporo’s popular Happy Hour specials highlight the restaurant’s creative cocktail menu and is available seven days a week from 3-7pm in the lounge and on the patio. Reverse Happy Hour is offered Thursday – Saturday 10pm to close.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sapporo reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (60)special occasion (50)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (30)fit for foodies (29)kid-friendly (24)neighborhood gem (19)romantic (18)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Teppanyaki was worth it!amosDined on 5/30/2014The service started slow- so we weren’t really sure how enjoyable the evening would be..no water for me -even though I had requested it for all..no lemons (etc0 slow slow service..Then out came the teppanyaki chef and the atmosphere became vibrant. is energy and enthusiasm was contagious and his excitement palpable. He was so talented and we soon forgot about our hunger. We were not thrilled, however, after even reminding the hostess about our birthday celelbration- that all we had was a shout out from the chef..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant week valuesandDined on 5/25/2014Excellent experience. Food was very good. Tremendous value for restaurant week including a glass of wine! Appetizers were served a little unevenly but the rest of the service was impeccable. Only concern is that it can be hard to have a conversation with someone across the table because the noise level can get quite high. Not sure anything can be done about that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week Choice.two2dineDined on 5/24/2014Great Restaurant Week Choice. Food was outstanding and service impeccable.The amount of food was excellent and very delicious. Great selection. Thank you.Special Features:
- Always a fun timenipperDined on 5/23/2014Took the family out for the Tabanaki grill. Susihi before was very nice, then dinner and a show.Special Features:
- Great food with snooty hostessluv2eatsushiDined on 5/22/2014Awesome price for the quality of food. The waiters are super friendly and very helpful. We just have to pass through snobby hostesses. Other than that, it is perfect and we love it! Thank you Sapporo!Special Features:
- The following 404 reviews are from the Sapporo reviews archive.
- DinnerScottsdalefoodieDined on 5/18/2014Ate here during AZ Restaurant Week. All three courses were fabulous and plentiful. The main meal came out a bit too quick after the appetizer, but a minor nuisance compared to the quality and value we received. And our server Katarina was fantastic. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Very nice place!GunnerDined on 5/18/2014Nice indoor/outdoor bar. Food was good and portion size was bigger than expected. Service was on par with the overall rating. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertained by the cookYmsexyDined on 5/16/2014I enjoy the scene, food, & my favorite drink. I've been celebrating my b-days here for quit some time. Along w/ other family members. It's always a different experience frm cook & staff. But over all we recieve a pleasurable & capturing memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out in scottsdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014We had. Great experience with sapparo, my son loves the whole experience of dinner cooked right in front of you. Would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timetsandDined on 5/16/2014The food has always been very good but this time it was very marginal. Chicken dry, steak tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh out of the boxMorriesreviewDined on 5/16/2014This was my first experience with Teppanyaki dining in the Phoenix area. The attention we received from Andrew, the person who seated us and took our order, was excellent. The Teppanyaki chef, however, was inexperienced and it showed - he concentrated so hard on the actual cooking of the food that he was unable to show the flash and pizzazz that I associate with the Teppanyaki style of food preparation. There were only four people at the table, but he was unable to get the entrees finished so they could be served simultaneously. My companion's scallops were cooked first, and cold by the time I received my filet mignon. Chicken ordered by another diner was served to me first, then taken off my plate and given to the person who ordered it.Special Features:
- Service? waitress- ??OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014I was not happy with our waitress. She was slow & did not do what I had asked her to do making me uncomfortable & embarrassed in front of my friends and colleagues. I had told her when we sat done to order up front to put my tab in separate bill but she did not and at the end when we were leaving and trying to pay the bill, it made a bad impression .You waiters need to be professional, friendly and not make you uncomfortable especially in front of my customers.Special Features:
- We go on special occasionsJasenDined on 5/11/2014It's been a while since we visited, so when we decided to go for Mother's Day, I wondered if the overall quality would be the same. Of course, I read all sorts of reviews and came to the conclusion that most negative occurrences happened during Happy Hour - not the ideal time for a brilliant dining experience. We couldn't be happier with our server, the sushi and just how welcomed they made us feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too warmStuffyDined on 5/3/2014A/C needed a boost. Kind of stuffy inside. We sat on south side... But even the bar area was warm. Food very good. Nice place over all.Special Features:
- Not thrilledmmbabeDined on 5/3/2014The food was not up to my expectations. The portions were small and the temperature of the food was not warm, like it had sat too long before it was brought out. We were celebrating early Mother's Day and I was really looking forward to dinner and having a great experience only to be disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceTKDJoshDined on 5/3/2014Making the reservations was simple, we were seated speedily, and our waitress was wonderful. The food was excellent. The only complaint is that it was not the quietest of atmospheres. Still, I would definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The chicken was dry and the fried rice was overcooked and gummy. Watching the foor being prepared was interesting, but for the cost of the meals, I was disappointed. I don't expect that I will be returning to Sapporo.
- so somike4295Dined on 4/26/2014We sat at the bar on sat a night. It wasnt very busy for a sat night at all. There were two bartenders. My wife and i ordered our drinks right as we sat down so that was good. But after that it took a very long time for someone to come back and actually i had to flag him down to get a menu. Once we got our menus it took even longer for him to come back and take our order. Again had to flag him down and we were sitting right in front of him. When we got our food i had a question about one of the items we ordered and the bartender had no idea what the answer was.In a place that popular in the middle of Scottsdale and for the price you pay, the serive and knowledge of the staff should be amazing. Its not. Food was great, service not really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!AZJerrVIPDined on 4/24/2014Food is always wonderful, love everything. Service still lacks - our waiter acted like he was doing me a favor by waiting on us, until of course the bill came and he wanted a great tip. Otherwise service is great, food comes out fast, hostess' are friendly - wait staff needs work though, always has.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's a reason why they're busy!LeathermanDined on 4/17/2014Sapporo's has always been one of my favorite places to take out of towners! Great food...great service...great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be goodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/14/2014New ownership took over and the place went steadily downhill. Service was poor and food was at least a grade lower. Plus, we waited and no one was there at 5 PM on a Monday Night. It used to be so very good. What happened?
- excellentfoodluverDined on 4/12/2014Food was delicious, people were friendly & fun atmousphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerJimboDined on 4/11/2014Everything was great. A little loud. It was hard to have a conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More hype than deliveryBoopersDined on 4/10/2014I like teppyanyaki dining but I found this place more hype than delivery. While the display while preparing was as entertaining as other restaurant of this nature, actual food taste was a liitle bland in taste. I prefer OH SO and Hayashi. We were celebrating some work success and were seated next to a family with small children, I love kids but this just wasn't the time or the setting. The dauhhter was afraid of the fire and smoke..
- The bartender MartinOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/9/2014The bartender was one of the best I've ever seen and I've seen a lot. Generous heavy handed pours. My clients were impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, drink, compete!LolaDined on 4/6/2014Our group was celebrating after competing in the nationals USTA nationals tennis matches held in Surprise Az. We asked for a table out in the patio and Matt, our waiter took good care of us! Christian, bartender was wonderful suggesting some interesting drinks as well as the " friends with benefits" item on the menu, which was great! Hadn't been to Sapporos in awhile, will go again soon!Special Features:
- TeppanyakiOddwebDined on 3/31/2014Building and atmosphere is awesome. Waitress was courteous but didn't explain menu items very well. We had to wait almost an hour and a half before the chef arrived at our table. The other party ended up leaving early. The food was very good. I think we just came at a bad time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with friends.foodpersonDined on 3/29/2014Food was great. Atomosphere was good. A little noisy. A great treat. Good for celebrating special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencechaisinVIPDined on 3/28/2014We enjoyed the other people that were at our teppan table. Food and chef/cook was very entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sapporo first timeSherty13Dined on 3/25/2014This was our first time eating at Sapporo and we loved it. The food was delicious and we will be taking our out of town guests there next week as well as going back ourselves many times.Special Features:
- Fusion at its bestlarryja5Dined on 3/24/2014Wonderful Sushi with other very interesting entree's, I had their hamburger my wife had grilled salmon. Very good gem in Scottsdale with great parking. The ambiance is anything you like it to be. Romantic, festive, loud in the bar area. We found noise level high but our table was close to the bar. An interesting concept is they let you chose either bar area, dining room, or Teppen style where a chief cooks in front of you and tosses knives in the airSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/23/2014Sapporo is a perfect setting to break up the traditional date night and be entertained with cooking and conversation. Food is plenty. Mango Passion cocktail is to die for.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teppan TableSnakeCharmerDined on 3/15/2014Chef Jaime was the absolute best Teppan chef we've seen in 35 years!! He made good times & outstanding food!! I recommend Saporo and especially Chef Jaime to friends and family traveling to the Valley of the Sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff was courtious andsteakguyDined on 3/15/2014The staff was courtious and friendly, but the service was very slow. We have dined at Sapporo's for years, and try to come as offten as we can. But you guysare not on the top of your game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can do better.Special Features:
- LoudsmartblVIPDined on 3/14/2014We sat In the dining room and the noise level from the bar was very loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- In The RawOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014Went for sushi with a friend, wasn't disappointed it was excellent. Would defiantly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularSIW713Dined on 3/13/2014WOW what a great experience we had at Sapporo. We loved how even if you are having teppanyaki you can still have them bring you a sushi appetizer or something off the main dining menu. We were celebrating an anniversary and the host made sure to acknowledge that, made us feel very special. Some stand out dishes were the lobster, scallops and NY served teppanyaki, and blue fin tuna sushi. Our server knew his stuff and made several recommendations. The teppanyaki chefs are amazing. The showmanship of what they do is incredible. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Serving staff well below average.Gsff633Dined on 3/10/2014Serving staff well below average. Food was literally forced upon us, chef was cooking when salad and soup arrived. Bathrooms dirty and overall experience was poor. Will never dine at this facility again
- Disappointment Beyond RepairCarsonKUVIPDined on 3/7/2014It's quite unfortunate to have received the level of customer services remitted by Sapporo. Though, I've dined at this restaurant numerous times in the last year it's not ever been quite this awful. From the cold sake being delivered to my table above room temperature to the overall dry sushi.
- Group entertainmentRWFG450Dined on 3/5/2014As with all table cooking you eat with strangers, but by the end you become friends. The salmon and all the dinner was very tasty. Chef was very entertaining. Overall the best of my past 10 table cooked meals from FL to CA. Do not chose this restaurant if you are looking for a quiet romantic dinner ! Bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.