160 Jefferson St, Upper Level
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistroboudin.com/
- Phone: 4159281849x2
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:30am to 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday 11:30am to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Misael Reyes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bistro Boudin is available for off-site catering in the SF Bay Area (including Marin and East Bay). Please contact our Sales Manager for further details and to schedule a tasting. (415) 928-8882 or email@example.com
- Special Events: We offer both private and semi-private dining with several diverse and versatile space options, each with stunning bay views and crowd pleasing imagery. Our private dining room also offers a 52″ HD Monitor with satellite capability and direct VGA laptop connectivity.
- Cross Street: Taylor St.
- Public Transit: The MUNI "F" Line drops passengers off directly in front of Boudin at the Wharf on Jefferson Street (between Mason and Taylor Streets).
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking available at the Fisherman's Wharf lot located directly behind our building. Entrance on Taylor St. (past Jefferson). 3 hours validation with dining receipt from Bistro Boudin. Be sure to have your ticket validated before leaving the restaurant.
A word from Bistro Boudin
Located on the upper level of Boudin at the Wharf, Bistro Boudin offers an ideal place to enjoy a leisurely meal. Warm and inviting with beautiful dark wood accents, Bistro Boudin features a full service bar ,Oyster /Tapas/ Raw bar and spectacular views of the waterfront. The menu is influenced by the abundance of seasonally fresh foods available in the San Francisco Bay Area and the restaurant is open for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Boudin reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (80)great for lunch (43)good for groups (40)kid-friendly (31)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (27)hot spot (24)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (19)great for brunch (18)great for outdoor dining (14)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (7)Show More
- Bistro BoudingiorgioDined on 7/10/2014We had a wonderful time there on our anniversary, we asked for a table with a good view, and they gave it to us! The food and service were excellent! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/6/2014We had a window seat, which is the best, and our server, Alvin, was so thoughtful, informative, pleasant and professional. Stellar company aside, the evening and dinner were just great. With one exception, I usually avoid the Wharf because so many places are so tourist-y. I have clumped Boudin into that category, but now see the error of my thinking and will definitely return, plus recommend it to others as well.Special Features:
- Recent Boudin VisitpietschsterDined on 7/5/2014I have a few key points to hit on: 1.) Our waiter was terrible. He was never around and we always had to ask someone else for more water 2.) We specifically came here to get one item on the menu and they didn't have it that night 3.) One of menu items we ordered was awful (seafood pizza). Soggy, under-cooked crust. Basically, I would not recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Group DisappointmentSFRestaurateurVIPDined on 7/4/2014Made a reservation for 6 and arrived on time. Requested a window seating and was told by Rick that my request would be fulfilled. Taken to the back of the back room where the "window" seating was NOT a window seating. When I complained to the host and requested to speak to Rick, she just smiled. Rick NEVER showed up. Perhaps we were seated at the "back of the bus" because we were a multiracial group. I hope not but based upon those seated besides us, it visibly seemed that way. The food was undercooked, the server was overwhelmed and the bill came to more than $200. Overall, a very bad SF restaurant experience.
- Favorite SanFran Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014During our four day trip to sanfran this place was our hands down favorite. Great food, atmosphere and you have got to check out the museum on the 2nd floor. So cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014It was a great experience. The food was delicious, our waitress was so so so nice and actually talked to us, not only about food and what we needed. The restaurant scene was very nice, definitely a return if we go back to San Fran!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable for Sourdough BreadAndiODined on 6/28/2014The bistro associated with the sourdough bread company is a nice, comfortable place with a great view. The menu had a lot of great selections, and their bread was served with everything. The soup served in the bread bowl was huge and delicious. All the entrees we got were enjoyable, and the service was great. They forgot to bring my entree and the restaurant comped it before I had even worried about it being late, so great attention to their customers. I would definitely recommend pogoing to this place.Special Features:
- Touristy, but okayPhydeaudeauxVIPDined on 6/26/2014You're paying for the location... no surprises there. The food is pretty good; we had scallops, salmon, and a filet mignon. Presentation was good, and service was good too. It might not stand up to the competition elsewhere in the city, but it's a decent place for nice meals with a view.Special Features:
- Ah-mazzzzingBurrandeeDined on 6/21/2014We had a fantastic dinner! Beautiful location, amazing food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab goodDocZoidbergDined on 6/20/2014As a lobster, I love eating crabs. The crabs here are excellent with service to match. My malnourished love enjoyed the scallops. Whoop whoop whoop whoop.Special Features:
- foods are outstandingvictoriaDined on 6/15/2014Crab cake and calm chowder were tasty but the crab cake was a little bit expensive. The service was bad, the waiter didn't collect the empty plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just good breadMaryDined on 6/2/2014Made last minute decision to eat here on our last night in SF. Welcoming reception. We liked our food : fishcake had flavour, tortillas were fresh and tasty and not smothered in sauce. service was very slow at first but then picked up. Our request to move to another table was met without too much fuss. Overall a good eating experience and we would happily go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sourdough heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2014Fantastic brunch! Fresh bread, delicious seafood and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise PerformanceEscapeAlcatrazDined on 5/31/2014This was our second meal at tourist Bistro Boudin within 4 days. We went back because of the great food and service. Our second visit was the same as our first visit with great food. For both ocassions we had seafood. With 4 people, we sampled many options at the restaurant. We highly recommend the fish and chips or salmon dinners. The service was very good but not quite as good as our first visit where our service was outstanding. On our first visit, the server helped us pick a starter meal that our daughter could modify to get what she wanted. Let us just end by saying Boudin's sourdough bread was exceptional. We live on the east coast where the sourdough bread is hard and tasteless. Their gift shop was also great. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look for better and less expensiveBeachpeepsDined on 5/25/2014I have been here several times before, always pleased, but this time, the table service was horrendous! We sat 17 minutes without water, let alone bread. No refill checks on drinks made, and food came minutes after we finally got bread- that I'd had to get up and ask for. Food was marginal that night as well. Disappointed to spend that much on a poor dining experience.
- Giants2012Dined on 5/24/2014Tourist trap and too pricey with poor service. Called and made reservations and told them it was a birthday celebration. Nothing extra for birthday except for saying happy birthday (and they were reminded of it). Restaurant should advise people they do not offer anything if there is a birthday. Tacos were tiny and not good. No bread was brought even though waiter said bread would be brought after order was placed. I reminded the waiter when he finally returned with our orders. Waiter asked, do you still want the bread? Waiter wanted to close up and never offered us coffee or dessert. Ugh!!! A very bad experience.
- Great choice for areaBurjulDined on 5/24/2014The place was busy. Reservations are a great ideas. This is the best choice in the area for good food and atmosphere. The Bloody Mary's were really good. We shared the fish and chips, no extra charge and brought the meal on two plates. service was great despite how busy the resturaunt was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 5/24/2014Having booked our table a few weeks in advance, we were thoroughly disappointed when not only was our table not ready, but we had to wait 25 minutes to be seated! The staff were not helpful nor apologetic. It took a furious conversation with the manager to finally get seated. We had one elderly member of our party having to sit on her walker! Needless to say our celebratory evening did not get off to a good start. The food was good… not great. The service was ok.Special Features:
- Rushing waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/22/2014Granted it was the start of a 3 day weekend but it would have been nice if waiter actually waited for us to tell him what we wanted or needed. He seem to always run by and leave before we got to tell him everything we wanted. Almost like he was trying to get away from us. We had a waiter the week before was great. Very attentive and made sure we got everything we needed before leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 596 reviews are from the Bistro Boudin reviews archive.
- disappointing once againOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014We're giving up.. Too many disappointments in 2 dozen visits. Menu has shrunk. Onion soup gone. Wedge salad was limp, dressing weak. Oysters not flavorful, vinaigrette too sugary. Key lime pie was cute but no match for Florida style. Fried calamari was limp, not crispy. Apple pie was cool when it should be hot. Last time, beignets (and the redo) were a disgrace. Undercooked. Try Olive Garden, who knows how to do them. Mother's Day; we expected better. Wait staff helpful. They can do better with their food and their prices, and you can do better with your choice of restaurants.Special Features:
- Good EatFood4thoughtDined on 5/9/2014We were referred here by a vineyard owner we met in Sonoma, for the Crab Louie which was very good....Dinner and wine were very good as well although I thought the food could have been less expensive considering the portion size...scallop dish was 32$ and only came with 2 scallops. The Wharf area is touristy but Bistro Boudin and the Bakery are a great stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2014I was excited to make a last minute reservation at what I thought must be a hot spot in San Francisco. Little did I know that it is a really nice restaurant with a great view of Alcatraz... but set in the middle of the tacky tourist area so I guess the locals don't come here. We were seated about an hour before our reservation - on a Friday night? Not a good sign. We had a great view of the bay and enjoyed watching the sunset. Service however went downhill after our order was taken. We never received our mussels appetizer (not rung in) and for some odd reason we received two salads at two separate times (we had ordered one to share). My crab tacos were great but my husbands fish was extremely salty. Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend.Special Features:
- Food was good, but service lackingTimLDined on 5/8/2014The food was decent, but we were unhappy with the service when we checked in and from the waiter. The trolleys were having issues and were not running, and we couldn't flag down a cab, so we were about 15 minutes late. The person at the front desk was very snotty, even when we explained the issue. She said she was just getting ready to cancel our reservation and give up our table. The funny thing was that there was no one in line and there were empty tables. The restaurant never filled up and was emptying out while we were eating. The waiter rushed us through our meals, bringing our entrée right after the salad arrived. The meal sat there while our group finished our salads. The waiter also took items away from the table before we were done
- Solid San Franciscotshepherd9999Dined on 5/3/2014Given it's tourist-trap location, Bistro Boudin could have skimped on quality and would still be successful. That said, the food was great (Ahi Tuna Tartare, Crab Mac 'n Cheese, Fish and Chips), and the views were great. Definitely a lively crowd on a Saturday night, so worth calling ahead.Special Features:
- Memorable experienceBirthdayGrandma1954Dined on 5/3/2014Came here for my 60th Birthday celebration and was not disappointed. First watched the famous bread being made downstairs then came upstairs to the Boudin Cafe for lunch. What a lovely room! Even with the number of people in attendance, there was only a murmur of noise. Quite acceptable. Our wait staff was attentive and brought the food out on a timely basis, always with lots of smiles. My Crab abd Corn Bisque in a Sourdough Bowl was exceptional as as my husband's Smoked Salmon Club sandwich and the dessert, Sourdougjh crusted Apple Pie. YUM! WE will definitely recommend and come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pray on tourists4touristsDined on 5/2/2014Food fair to good. Too expensive. Pray on tourists. Great car valid.Special Features:
- Great food with a viewIlikeithotDined on 4/18/2014Went for chowder and salad on the waterfront and wasn't disappointed. Very good food and service. Highly recommend it if you are in the Wharf and want a nice dinner by the water.Special Features:
- Perfect taste of San FranciscoFoodie722Dined on 4/17/2014The sourdough bread bowl soups are wonderful. Nice views. Great staff. Loved the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crabs and sourdoughSValleyMomDined on 4/5/2014We like Bistro Boudin for a good view of the Bay and Alcatraz, good food and good service. The Dungeness crab sandwich was generous in size and delicious, the steak was well-liked, and the Dungeness crab soup in a bread bowl is always a hit. Servers are attentive and knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy but worthwhileScrappyDined on 4/4/2014Visited the restaurant on a Friday night. It is one of my favourites, due to the food, the sourdough Boudin bread and the views. Despite the fact that the place was quite busy, service was quick and food was great. My steak was fine and the chicken frites of my companion also tasted perfect. Our table was on the window, with a magnificient view on the water and Alcatraz. I will keep coming back to this place.Special Features:
- Classic spot at Fisherman's WharfEPMOMDined on 4/3/2014Bread lovers unite! Boudin sourdough bread is classic San Francisco, so you won't want to miss your chance to eat something here - whether it be in the restaurant or bar upstairs, the café downstairs, or in the gift shop and bakery. Location is ideal... right in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf. Take 10 - 20 minutes to walk through the museum on the top floor. Nice history of not only Boudin, but also of San Francisco. Watch the busy bakers baking below! Help yourself to a free bread sample! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and stuffyCaliforniatravellerDined on 4/3/2014First put off was standing in line behind 20 others to speak to the hostess even though we had a reservation. Waiter was grumpy but and couldn't smile, gnocchi with lobster- very little lobster and not much flavour to pesto. My sons portion of steak was minute but the garlic fries huge, very expensive for what you gotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the WharfeaterDined on 3/30/2014We were attending an event at thee O'Brien and had lunch beforehand. Great view of the wharf. The food was excellent, especially the crabcake sandwich. Chowder is chowder, so I'll leave that alone. Winelist is only adequate, the beerlist is better. The only issue is the price of their items. Spending $90 for lunch for two is a bit much. Yes, it's the wharf, but, really...?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Boudin-Best View In the CityLordginVIPDined on 3/30/2014Bistro Boudin is one of the best restaurants in the city. The food is delicious, the service is fantastic and the view is unrivaled! The calamari is delicious and not greasy. The Fish N' Chips is probably the best in the city as it is very tender, fresh and flavorful! The portions are insanely large and may be a big factor in contributing to obesity in the States! The service was also very fast and friendly, our server checked with us often but was never intrusive. The highlight, however, was the view! Fantastic full view of SF Bay and Alcatraz Island! Amazing restaurant which we revisit often!Special Features:
- Awful service/waiterCalifornia4Dined on 3/28/2014Had to ask to get my water filled. It was awful. Waiter was not available for us. He was too busy at other tables. I was so thirsty and getting my water filled was so difficult. That is not good.Special Features:
- Good choice for family of touristsfearoffryingDined on 3/28/2014Gnocchi with Lobster was a favorite even though we leaned towards a more local dish such as crab. Crab tacos were okay. Beet salad was not delivered as described - no Point Reyes Blue cheese, which as a local specialty was a draw to ordering it but still very tasty. My daughter had the soup in a turtle-shaped bread bowl. She loved the presentation, only complaint "a little too clammy" - a good thing since it shows there were actual clams in the clam chowder! The kids liked browsing through the museum & did that for the entire (short) time before our order came. Oddly, we had to ask for bread and butter which seemed ironic - I would have thought that a restaurant built around their bread bakery would offer this immediately & without request!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated, tourist trapIluvlabbiesVIPDined on 3/23/2014We were very excited to eat at Boudin Bistro on this visit. Made a reservation & were seated right away. Our waiter came by to take our drink order & disappeared for about 5 minutes. He came back, took the food order, & left for 15 minutes. We had to ask a busboy for a bread basket as our waiter never offered us one. Food was underwhelming. I ordered the crab fish tacos, the smallest tacos ever seen. Tasty but should have been listed as an appetizer & not an entree. My husband's fish & chips was good, but again smaller portion. For $53, we had lunch that we could have gotten for 1/3 the price by walking to fisherman grotto. Advice: go to the standup order downstairs for same food & bread & avoid upstairs restaurant. Too pricey for lunch.Special Features:
- Average food overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014We stopped here for dinner. Initially felt like we had a great server, but he just turned out to be overly chatty when he felt like it. He did not cater very much to our needs. We did not receive refills on water or bread. My drink was literally slammed in front of me. We had nod steak in our order which was rare. When we asked to get it cooked more he responded "oh really?". No apology, no of course we will take care of it. The steak returned medium rare at best with half of the sides missing. The chicken was pretty dry in a juicy sauce that made the fries soggy, my sole fish was very bland in flavor. Once the check arrived our server became chatty again, but so obviously just to get a tip.
- Delicious. Gorgeous view.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Delicious. Gorgeous view. Feels new and nice, not dated, like so many in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014Since it lies in the middle of a tourist area, we expected a usual tourist trap fare. Our expectations we pleasantly far exceededSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.