Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
727 Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/4094/Seattle
- Phone: 2066248524
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Stone
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Seattle, WA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris has 2 private dining rooms available: one seats 20 people, one seats 60 people. Together they seat 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Arie Stewart 8887104299
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Seattle, WA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)fit for foodies (12)romantic (12)notable wine list (12)good for groups (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Thanksgiving meal for travelersFamilyof5Dined on 11/28/2013Took a family of 5 here on Thanksgiving during a trip. There were delicious Turkey platters for the adults and kids. Of course We had some steak too! Excellent wine list including local wineries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most highly overrated steakhouseDissatisfiedDined on 11/28/2013As steakhouses go this is highly overrated. The food on Thanksgiving was terribly pedestrian. Nothing subtle about any of the seasonings. They're neither good seasoners nor sauciers, in my opinion. The sweet potatoe casserole was almost solid sugar! The gravy was not outstanding. The help is all show; appearing to be there for you to monitor and help you. But, really posing all the way. Eating the whole meal without the drink arriving is appalling. All in all, a horrible waste of a lot of money! Denny's-grade food (sorry, no offense to Dennys!) at atrocious attorneys-only prices. I'll save my next special occasion money for the Metropolitan. There I know everything will be outstanding, memorable, worth it!Special Features:
- Outstanding!ShermVIPDined on 11/28/2013First Thanksgiving in a restaurant - and Ruth's Chris didn't disappoint...very thankful we chose to go! Incredible food topped only perhaps by the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with My FriendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2013We chose the restaurant because we had not been in awhile. We booked a table and arrived to have a meal after shopping. Our server was very friendly, accomadating, and knowledgeable. The food was excellent and exactly what we wanted and expected. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar service was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013Bar service was terrible. Hostess was borderline rude.Special Features:
- DisappointinggustavDined on 11/15/2013The food was good to above average - we were seated (6) by the kitchen so it was noisy and not a nice view And the service was provided by an angry waiter who certainly did not treat us with an respect at all ! Never again....there were 3 people with us who had never been to a Ruth's Chris before and our experience did not make make them want to return.
- Very nice dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013The service was excellent...always someone there to clear plates, refresh water or order another drink. The steaks and lamb chops were superb, but the halibut a little dry and bland. I would probably not order it again. The seared mahi mahi and crispy calamari were outstanding appetizers, and enough for four. The cobb salad is plenty to split between two, and was very good. Favorite sides were broiled tomatoes and au gratin potatoes. The bread pudding with bourbon sauce was good, but too large for one person...I would have actually preferred a caramel sauce, but I'm a "sweets" person. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for service and quality, but not sure the food was actually worth the hefty prices.Special Features:
- Worth the visit in SeattleRogerDined on 10/24/2013Visited while on a business trip to Seattle. Reservation was a snap through Open Table app on my Iphone. Great location close to the downtown hotel. Food and service were outstanding - as usual. Highly recommend the filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A TreatLadyRedgerDined on 10/22/2013We love to eat at Ruth's Chris when we visit the city. This time was no exception to the excellent food and atmosphere. The only difference noted was the waitress didn't seem to be as on top of her tables as we usually experience. We sat waiting for tea refills several times, but other than that she was really good. Another thing we noticed was the creme brûlée: this time our dessert was very cold as if it had been refrigerated for quite a while (usually it's slightly warm), and the sugar on top was burned, not browned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meatlessinseattlewellfedDined on 10/21/2013Very fine meal! Third in five days. Hard to be outstanding three times in four days bit they were close!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PinkReneeDined on 10/20/2013My cousin and I were attending the Pink concert and wanted to have a nice dinner before the show. The food, the service and the atmosphere was as close to perfect as you can get. Will most definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family's FavoritewellfedDined on 10/18/2013Three generation gathering. Wait staff, Ryan and Sean, were attentive. Ryan made multiple trips to the kitchen to help with allergy issues. Worked to make a potentially disastrous dinner a wonderful event for all. Three picky eaters and an anxious grand dad were all set at ease and satisfied. I recommend them for a special night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnertlccc2808VIPDined on 10/12/2013Celebrating our 15th anniversary we chose Ruths. WE got there early hoping to sit a the bar for a few drinks but the bar was packed. WE were able to scope a table at he upper level but the service is never good up there. We ordered our drinks and apps at the same time and our apps came before we got silverware or our drinks. Luckily our table was ready early so we could get to our table and relax. The restaurant had given us a table at the end with anniversary card from the restaurant and the rst of the night went off without a hitch! WE were not rushed and the service was great! Food was awesome as always and the wine list is never so overly high priced for good wine as the other restaurants in the same category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableLadyRedgerDined on 10/11/2013We are never disappointed at Ruth's Chris! The steaks, shrimp, and lobster are always cooked to perfection. The sweet potato casserole is to die for! Hubby can't live without RC french fries! Also, the wait staff continually refill our tea and water without us ever having to ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrogdogVIPDined on 9/27/2013We went to Ruth's Chris expecting a delicious steak. Unfortunately, it wasn't that good. In fact, we had just had a steak before at The Grill at Nordstrom (Seattle), which beat the Ruth's Chris steak hand's down. The service started good, but then we never saw our waiter again. While we had good appetizers at the 9-11 Happy Hour the night before, the next day's meal was very disappointing.
- Dinnerfoodie2inseattleVIPDined on 9/20/2013Filet Mignon was excellent! Good food and quality service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent great foodLeslieVIPDined on 9/14/2013This is a great steak house with lots of choices including chicken and seafood which are also great. Their classic menu is a good deal with all categories covered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerDrewDined on 9/6/2013We really enjoyed our meal. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris is always a treatMrDelDined on 9/4/2013Outstanding food and service in comfortable atmosphere. I have eaten at several Ruth's Chris Steak Houses and find them to be consistently outstanding. This one was no exception. Just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Steak and Savory SidesMiamiMarraDined on 9/1/2013I went here with my sisters when we visited Seattle this past weekend. I had never been, but my older sister was dying to take us. I'm glad we went; the food was truly wonderful and the steak was so perfectly cooked. I had the filet cooked medium with a side of green beans and garlic. I also enjoyed the spinach salad to start which came with strawberries and feta. My sisters thoroughly enjoyed their steak/lobster plate with potatoes au gratin to share. For dessert, we tried the apple crumb which didn't disappoint. Our server Troy was very kind, knowledgeable and presented many options and answered all our questions. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were whatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2013Food and service were what we expected. However, the restaurant was out of the entrée that my husband wanted to order and which was the reason we went there. We also picked a bad night--there was a huge convention going on at the Convention Center a block away, and it made for a busy and noisy night at Ruth's Chris. Not exactly memorable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/26/2013$9.50 for a baked potato! The food is very good but the a la carte pricing really adds up fast.Special Features:
- Good steak, cold fries!JJreviewerVIPDined on 8/24/2013Our service started good, we received our appetizers promptly and they were good. There was a 30-40 minutes lag between appetizers and salad, but, when the chopped salad's arrived they were good. Another lag of time before our steaks arrived sizzling hot with sides of two towers of fries, asparagus and lyonaise potatoes. The fries were stone cold, everyone knows you have to have pipping hot fries. The waiter quickly responded and within a few minutes we had two fresh, hot towers of fries which were devoured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I enjoyed an excellentMikeDined on 7/29/2013My wife and I enjoyed an excellent meal - our wait staff was outstanding. We will definately return on our next visit to Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Steak HousedahliaflowerDined on 7/7/2013Best for special occations and adults only (no children friendly food or atmosphere). We went for an early dinner, hardly anyone there; very quiet. The steak was prepared perfectly, though the boyfreind complained it had a lot of grissle. My chicken was a bit salty but I tend to like very savory foods. I wish they had cheaper wines by the glass. No tab would be under $100 just between 2 entrees and a veggie side. All sides are served family style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable steak dinnerEpicureansDined on 7/4/2013Our only hiccup was seating, at first we were seated in a booth with seats so low I was almost at eye level to the table..thankfully we could be accommodated at table and from then on enjoyed a very nice dinner, excellent steaks and my son had the lamb which was also very good. All in all a great meal, now all they need is reupholstering of rather over used booth seating!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceWewiitDined on 6/30/2013Food was wonderful but our waiter - Ed made the evening quite fun. He was very attentive but not hovering and he helped make the evening exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good steaks as always.mcbridetodVIPDined on 6/2/2013Very good steaks as always. Always consistent with each location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Filet of LifecomputercwVIPDined on 5/31/2013I had the Filet Mignon med-rare and it was melt in your mouth delicious. The sides of mashed potato's, creamed spinach, and salad were all top notch.Special Features:
- Always perfectLPwhymustiaddcharactersVIPDined on 5/21/2013It's a simple formula: buy USDA prime steak from a solid purveyor, cook and serve it super hot with melted butter, great sides, and solid service. A bottle of The Prisoner for $85 is a very reasonably priced excellent wine with the ribeye. I always feel bad going to a chain restaurant rather than a local treasure, but in my experience, Ruth's Chris is the best steak house in every city not named Chicago or New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Ruth's ChrisTNSKHDined on 5/18/2013First time at Ruth's Chris and we were delighted with the whole evening. The steak was prepared perfectly and the halibut was fabulous. The service was timely and professional and our server guided us to not over order the large side dishes. Best bread pudding in a long time. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Diningwinelover68Dined on 5/12/2013Wow - Ruth's Chris never ceases to amaze me! Our family dines at Ruth's Chris several times throughout the year for not only special events or holidays, but also to just enjoy an amazing meal with wonderful and attentive staff. The Manager is very customer focused and often stops by our table to chat. Ruth's Chris is a MUST on the list of places to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2013Never get the Pre Fixe here. They base service, quality and portions on how much you are paying per dish. The best RC I experienced was in Honolulu.
- We got exactly what we expectOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2013We got exactly what we expect from Ruth's Chris: Great steak and great service.Special Features:
- Superb Steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Amazing food, best steaks around. The service is top notch. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's our favorite SeattlethetaxmanVIPDined on 4/20/2013It's our favorite Seattle restaurant--particularly on show nights at the Paramount. The classic dinners are fantastic and a very good price.Special Features:
- Regulars whenever possibleLadyRedgerDined on 4/19/2013We love to eat at Ruth's Chris whenever we can. The steaks are superb and cooked exactly as you request. The sides are large sized and feed at least two. My favorite is the Sweet Potato casserole. Of course, hubby always orders french fries. We try to leave room for their creme brûlée as it is always warm with the crunchy sugar topping. The fruit is seasonal and always just right.Special Features:
- Their filet served with butterzformationDined on 4/18/2013Their filet served with butter is simply the best filet in town. We celebrated a birthday and they served us a complimentary birthday dessert.Special Features:
- THOROUGHLY ENJOYABLE MEALislandgalVIPDined on 4/18/2013The service and food was excellent. We were warmly greeted at the hostess stand and immediately seated. Our wait person was knowledgeable and summarized for us the quality of steaks and how they are prepared in an appropriately concise manner. I am a gourmet when it comes to steaks and usually do not order them out because they are one of my grill specialities at home. This is one of the few times I have had a truly excellent steak in a restaurant. The side dishes were also very good. The only surprise was that we often poured wine for ourselves but that minor slip did not detract from an overall excellent experience. We will return!
- The rib eye 12oz. disappeared.happygirl58VIPDined on 4/13/2013The rib eye 12oz. disappeared. It was perfectly cooked. Went without apps as I was determined to eat the whole steak...and did with some vegies...still had dessert, ate only half. Liked it soo much better than the over priced (and keeps going in that direction) Metropolitan.