Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
727 Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/4094/Seattle
- Phone: 2066248524
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Stone
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Seattle, WA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris has 2 private dining rooms available: one seats 20 people, one seats 60 people. Together they seat 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Arie Stewart 8887104299
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Seattle, WA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (13)romantic (12)good for groups (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- I've been to a few Ruth'sNuttyProfVIPDined on 2/23/2009I've been to a few Ruth's Chris restaurants and am always VERY happy with the quality and preparation of the meat. It's seriously the best steak I've ever had...and I've had a lot. The lamb, crab cakes and creme brulee are also very good. The only issue I have is with the sides. I keep trying different things to find anything that is as good as the entrees. I'm still looking. This time we tried the chop salad. Not good. Almost inedible. It's overly dressed and the dressing is HEAVY on the mayonaise when it's described as "creamy". The fried onions on top were cold and greasy. When it comes to starch: the baked potato is alright and the sweet potato casserole is decent but is very sweet. If nothing else, they are consistant.Special Features:
- Unfortunatly my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009Unfortunatly my experience was on Valentines day, one of the worst nights of the year for going out to dinner. Because of that, I am being kind in my rating. We were seated 45 minutes after our reservation time, and service was slow. Most of this was expected however, so I would recommend trying this restaurant any other night of the year.
- We come to Ruth's Chris forOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/14/2009We come to Ruth's Chris for Valentine's Day every year and are never disappointed. It is by far the best of the steakhouse chains. Love the porterhouse!!Special Features:
- It took 3x's to get the steakMylabsryellowVIPDined on 2/14/2009It took 3x's to get the steak the correct temperature. Ordered it between medium & medium well, it came to the table medium rare and was sent back. It returned to the table charred...It should never have been allowed to leave the kitchen. The third time was the charm. Once right, the steak was delicious.
- My overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009My overall experience was excellent. It was my first time dining at Ruth's Chris and it lived up to all the expectations I had. I will defenitely recommend to all I know to dine at this fantastic restaurant. I plan to make numerous return visits to this fine establishment. The wait staff were professional & friendly making the experience even more enjoyable. Thanks to all at Ruth's Chris....Special Features:
- Great steak, properly prepared.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2009Great steak, properly prepared. Desserts were to die for...
- Seattle is full of great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/10/2009Seattle is full of great steak houses but Ruth's Chris takes the cake. I ordered the petite fillet with shrimp and everything about it was perfect!!! I also ordered a side of broccoli which was a little underdone but better than overdone. The baked potato was incredible and my boyfriend and I were able to split it which worked out well considering how much food we had. For dessert we ordered the cheesecake per a suggestion from our waiter Lance (who was great!) and boy was it good. We also enjoyed a very nice bottle of Woodward Canyon Old Vine Cab which is probably the best wine I've ever had. Overall the night was perfect in every way and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- We were staying at the HyattDimmchipDined on 1/4/2009We were staying at the Hyatt in downtown Seattle so we went to Ruth Chris for breakfast. Very limited breakfast menu, but overall good food and attentive service.
- We had a wonderful time. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2008We had a wonderful time. The staff was very helpful in selecting a special champagne for our friends engagement. The food was great. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great steaks and outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2008Great steaks and outstanding service. Reasonable corkage fee if you bring your own wine. Dined late on a Wednesday and restaurant was only 10% full. Only down-side to the evening was the staff removing the linens and cutlery from tables all around us as they prepared for the next morning's breakfast crowd. As a result, by the time we were done with dessert (which was awesome), we felt like we were eating in a warehouse. Other than that, it was a great experience!Special Features:
- Food and service were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2008Food and service were both very good. We would go back.Special Features:
- Food was good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/25/2008Food was good, but not great or what might be expected for the expense.
- I am a long time fan of Ruth'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2008I am a long time fan of Ruth's Chris. This meal was a disappointment. I think that the Christmas rush caused over crowding of the restaurant and subsequent poor service. In addition to poor service, my steak was horrible. One expects some fat on a ribeye but my steak had more fat than lean meat. I am now over my love of Ruth's Chris and will most likely go elsewhere in the future.
- Ruth's Chris can always canOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/25/2008Ruth's Chris can always can be counted on for excellent steaks. The wine list, both by the glass and bottle, is extensive. But it's the only place where I've seen it is less expensive to order four glasses of wine rather than a bottle. This is definetly a special occasion restaurant because it is pricey for the average wage earner. However, if you love a good steak, you will alwasy be happy here.Special Features:
- Nice dinner. Not fantastic,HungrygruberDined on 12/25/2008Nice dinner. Not fantastic, but very enjoyable with friendly and professional service. Food not as good as I remember, portions are large. I'll be back for the service alone.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris is always a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/19/2008Ruth's Chris is always a good meal. We were surprised by the two for one dinner special for $89.00. Great steak and we brought our bottle of wine too. Made for a great romantic inexpensive dinner for two!Special Features:
- Solid steaks,large portions;OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/13/2008Solid steaks,large portions; excellent wine list with great sommilier recommendations.Special Features:
- The 3-course menu was a stealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/6/2008The 3-course menu was a steal at Ruth Chris! $89 for two people included salad, entree, and a side with a desert to share. It was fantastic. Service was good, nice waiter - thanks Dee! Great for dining and seeing a show. Look for the deals though otherwise a bit pricey.Special Features:
- We enjoyed dinner on ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/27/2008We enjoyed dinner on Thanksgiving Day, and instead of steak had the turkey dinner as recommended by our waiter, Kevin. Everything was as described, the service was excellent as always at Ruth's Chris. We have been to various other locations including Los Cabos, San Diego, Beverly Hills and the San Fernando Valley and always have a wonderful time with excellent food and excellent service.Special Features:
- THE best possible dining optionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2008THE best possible dining option if attending an event at The Paramount. Very close by. VERY attentive service. Avoid peak times to maximize romance.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2008Great restaurant for people who want to spend money and be seen.Special Features:
- Steak came out rare when orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2008Steak came out rare when ordered medium. Overpriced for the steak you get. Jaks Grill is a better find for great steak.Special Features:
- Absolutely terrific experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2008Absolutely terrific experience! Stellar service from Dee and the staff! We'll see you again soon.Special Features:
- Excellent food with serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2008Excellent food with service to match! Would love to return again.
- I ordered the seafood salad.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2008I ordered the seafood salad. The waiter should have asked me if anything was wrong when he cleared away a paractically untouched salad. He did not, and as I taking a client out to lunch I did not want to cause a discussion.I found the lettuce greasy from the dressing and the shrimp were cut in half lengthwise so that it looked like a whole shrimp but in fact was half a shrimp. I found that really cheesy and a cheap trick. I ate the crab meat and left everything else.My client enjoyed her lunch. I have had many meals at your restaurant that were excellent, so this was really a surprise, and not a pleasant one. Arlene Sherman
- Very personable and proffesionalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2008Very personable and proffesional staff. All of our special needs/requests were acknowledged and met through our open table requests. It was an 18th Birthday celebration and they made it a nice memorable evening. Michael was our waiter.Special Features:
- The service was top-notch.GreviewsDined on 8/30/2008The service was top-notch. The food left a little to be desired, especially for the price. The suggested wine with my friend's meal was alright, nothing special. Looking back, I think it's more of a place to go for swanky drinks or to impress a client. Overall, I wasn't unhappy but I didn't leave the place raving about it either.Special Features:
- We were very disappointed.DandDVIPDined on 8/29/2008We were very disappointed. We had eaten at the Ruth Chris in Beverly Hills and enjoyed it very much - that was not the case with this location.
- Food was great, as expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/22/2008Food was great, as expected. Service was very good as well. From an aesthetic point of view, the bar could be nicer. The backdrop looks a little trashy/old.Special Features:
- They never fail to provideOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2008They never fail to provide a wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Had not been there beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2008Had not been there before and had heard mixed reviews. The food, ambiance, and service was outstanding and created a truly wonderful dining experience! ThanksSpecial Features:
- Server was exceptional. PieroOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2008Server was exceptional. Piero is a huge asset to Ruth's Chris. Thanks!Special Features:
- The overall dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2008The overall dining experience was the best that I have had, the service was remarkable, the food was excellent, and I look forward to going back in the near future.Special Features:
- Overcharged for bottle ofReubankDined on 5/17/2008Overcharged for bottle of wine; Wine List stated $30.00; the bill charged $44.00. Did not realize until the next morning. **** Check your Tab *****Special Features:
- We went to Ruth's Chris asOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/15/2008We went to Ruth's Chris as part of a search to find the best burger in Seattle. The Wagyu burger was not worth ordering again. The meat was overcooked and surprisingly lacking in flavor. The buns were ok, but not as good as the buns at Lunchbox. The lettuce had to be removed altogether, as it was a huge piece of iceberg that overwhelmed the burger. The fries were cold. I'll probably eventually meander back to Ruth's Chris, because my boyfriend likes the butter-laden steak, but they're pretty far down on my list. We have so many fabulous restaurants in Seattle that I don't like to waste my time and money at a mediocre venue.
- The major issue about thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2008The major issue about this Ruth's Chris experience was we were kept waiting for quite a while although we had reservation. And the service during the waiting time wasn't that comfortable which gave us an impression that we were pushed to order from the bar. Everything else about that Mother's Day dinner was fantastic.Special Features:
- Food and service were awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2008Food and service were awesome - steak was the best I've ever tasted in my life...literally. Little nitpick is that steak is erved by itself, no veggies, carbs or anything - not that the steak needs it. It's good just by itself. but it forces you to order appetizers and sides (like salad, or potatoes, etc) which makes for a more expensive meal. But maybe you're supposed to love the steak by itself.Special Features:
- Great food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2008Great food, great service. Very predictable, always reliable.Special Features:
- Very good steaks and not onlyDD2DineVIPDined on 4/28/2008Very good steaks and not only (desserts and fish are also delicious).
- Had to wait 25 minutes forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/25/2008Had to wait 25 minutes for our table even though we had reservations but the porterhouse was worth the wait. The french onion soup was way too salty but the ahi tuna and the scallops were good. Service was good as usual.Special Features: