Papa Razzi- Boston
159 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Papa Razzi- Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paparazzitrattoria.com/
- Phone: 6175369200x
- Hours of Operation:
All OpenTable reservations are for inside dining only
M - F 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sa - Su 11:30am - 11:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Executive Chef: Corey O'Shea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have premium space for private events accommodating up to 100 guests. To view our private event menus visit our website at www.paparazzitrattoria.com.
A word from Papa Razzi- Boston
Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papa Razzi- Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (52)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (32)great for lunch (28)romantic (27)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (23)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Always great italian foodeMaxVIPDined on 6/6/2014Semi-New location on newbury.. nice outdoor patio area.. unfortunately very long wait time for outside on a nice day since its small. Inside is nice, clean, and plenty of seating. Food was very good. Meatball pizza, and panni sandwich were spot on, fresh, and tasty.. Service was good as expected. Always try to visit this place when I visit boston, and i would tell you to do the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 462 reviews are from the Papa Razzi- Boston reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/31/2014We had a delightful time with delicious food! Our waiter was great. We would definitely go back if we didn't live in San Francisco!Special Features:
- Just lovelyGetbubblyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Our waiter was very attentive and just a great person. I miss the focaccia bread thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANtastic as always😋BostongalDined on 5/28/20145-28-14 at 6:15 PM. Cold rainy night in town, we walked in and pleasantly greeted to either go to our ready table or wait at the bar for our other guest to arrive. Bartender gave us a good recommendation on a wine choice, our guest arrived and went up to dinner in this beautiful restaurant . As our waitress said ,the special beef short ribs was a melt in your mouth delight. Truly SPECIAL! Veal parm, excellent and huge! Gnocchi, great as well. Tiramisu was fantastic , not soggy or spongy , with a nice espresso. Very pleasant waitress, at our service, while we visited family from Ohio. We have been here many times, great atmosphere and outdoors in the summer is a true delight. On of the best restaurants in Boston! They never disappoint.Special Features:
- MikeMikeVIPDined on 5/25/2014Service was wonderful. I mention and issue with one herb, chef made everything from scratch, waitress was superb. Food fantastic. Can't wait to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014This is an awesome place to have some great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All GoodBelGufoDined on 5/22/2014The menu offered a wide range, including ideal selections for the dieter among us. The service was prompt and attentive. It was just what we had hoped for a relaxed weekday lunch.
- Great Italian on NewburybostonfamilyDined on 5/18/2014Commencement weekend dinner. Excellent food although on Sunday night they had run out if veal and steak and our first choice of wine. But meal second selections were all goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian food - outside the N. End!ButterfleyeVIPDined on 5/16/2014THERE IS GOOD FOOD OUTSIDE OF THE NORTH END! - and this place is one of them. Is it a little more "trendy" than some might like? Sure - the Newbury Street location means that you're going to get tourists, and it's also a local chain, so there is that - but you certainly don't FEEL it when you eat the food. I have recommended the caesar salad to virtually everyone that goes to Papa Razzi - it's amazing. Actually, all of the salads are - and that's coming from someone who doesn't LOVE salads. The service is good - depending on the time of day you go - Fridays and Saturdays are always a little slower - because the restaurant is HUGE...but we love to go here - it's a great standby and worth a trip!Special Features:
- PaparazziLupeDined on 5/11/2014I went to Paparazzi for mother's day and we had a really good dining experience. The place was very crowded, given the holiday and a gorgeous spring day, but the staff was very accommodating given we were a bit early for our reservation. The menu only had a few brunch items but the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Not up to Boston StandardsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2014Visited Papa Razzi - Boston but thought it was just okay. We waited a bit for our waiter but was to be expected as it was Friday night. After ordering, however, we waited quite a while for our drinks and had to ask for bread. We ordered soup - ministrone which was okay and Pasat e Fagoli which was awful. It tasted like chili!! For our entrees, we ordered Chicken Sorrento, Penne con Pollo and Rigatoni con Luganega. Each one was 'fine' but nothing to write home about. It was a one and done for us.Special Features:
- Disappointing30NothingDined on 5/8/2014Came here due to the Gluten-free menu options noted on their website. Located on vibrant Newbury St. it has a large and nice interior but dining experience was overall disappointing. Servers seemed confused and generally "tuned-out" Took them about 15 minutes to track down one dog-eared gluten-free menu. Why not asterisk the GF options on your regular menu? My husbands bread arrived at the table before his meal - they promised to bring GF bread but it arrived long after my entree. The GF pizza crust was ok, but the pizza tomato base was heavy on the oregano and tasted like Prego from a tin. When I think wood-fired thin curst margarita pizza I think fresh DOP tomato sauce, buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil - this was poor interpretation
- Service was unbelievable!VIPOTVIPDined on 5/7/2014I took two business associates for lunch yesterday. No water for 20 minutes, got our soup in about the same amount of time. Lots of angry diners! No bread basket either, and no wine that was ordered. Other waiters had to help and they were not happy about it to the point of being rude. The food is so delicious that I can't figure out why they can't hire enough employees to serve patrons. Maybe call and get to-go food! Very sad!
- Poor service and experienceJKBostonVIPDined on 5/2/2014Have been a loyal customer for many years but won't be returning. Had a server who was also waiting on a table of 14. Which meant terrible service for us. Had to ask for water 3 different times from 3 different people. We ordered pizzas that took 1.5 hours to come out. Life is too short to wait that long. No attempt to make amends from the server. Had to wait 15 mins just to get water. If you can't handle that many people in your restaurant then don't accept more reservations
- Great date night!lp928Dined on 4/27/2014As someone who does not get to go out with my boyfriend regularly, we had a very nice date night here on Sunday 4/27. The host was pleasant and our server Paul was amazing. He was exactly what both my boyfriend and I look for when we go out to eat. The food was delicious as well! Overall it was a great night and we will definitely be returning soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite brunch spotsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Great food and great service. Always come to have aldo as my server, he always remembers me, what I ate last time and it's so considerate. I have absolutely loved both brunch dishes I've had so far and always look forward to my weekend mornings hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good lunch!ParthosBDined on 4/22/2014I had a 12:30 reservation on a Tuesday and I'm glad I did because the restaurant filled quickly. The wait staff was highly attentive. Food preparation was slow (32 minutes for my chicken parm Panini) but the portion was huge and delicious. The ambiance is nice. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- First impressions were rightNot2old2eatDined on 4/21/2014After an impromptu lunch or was it brunch we thought that we should really see what they could do and so made a reservation for dinner a few days latter. It was a good decision and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Writing these comments in New York we are able to put the attitudes and service levels experienced in Boston into context. On bangs for your bucks it's Boston by a country mile!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We totally enjoyed everything about this restaurant. Will definitely go back next time in Boston.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014We booked our table a month in advance through open table and they did not have it when we went to eat our pasta dinner the night before the marathon. Needless to say we were very disappointed. The hostess did not suggest any alternative for us. Luckily we spotted two seats at the bar and ate there. Unfortunately this made for a disappointing dinner. Our trip to boston included 3 bookings through open table and there were no problems with the other reservations.
- Great Italian PastaEmHope64Dined on 4/20/2014The Ravioli with spinach was amazing. The waiter was extremely friendly and sociable. The setting was a dimly lit dining room with dark furniture and decor. I highly recommend it for great Italian pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedPhillCDined on 4/20/2014The place was way too crowded and extremely noisy. I could hear conversations from several surrounding tables. Wait staff was not very attentive and the food was good, but way overpriced.
- My pre race carbo loadhungrydudeDined on 4/19/2014Love this restaurant. Great gluten free place for my daughter with great dining options for me to carbo load prior to running the Boston Marathon. Only had penne pasta available for GF, hopefully they can have more options next year.Special Features:
- Noisy atmosphere on NewburyMichaelDined on 4/18/2014This was my first meal after getting off a 7 hour flight so I was quite jet lagged. I was expecting a quiet, cozy bistro type atmosphere but the place was packed and very, very noisy. I didn't mind too much as it kept me awake. The service was very attentive from the hostess to the waitress. I ordered the spaghetti bolognese. It was ok but as with most restaurants in North America had far too much salt. I also ordered a green salad but they used iceberg lettuce which made it very watery. Good place to for a drink at the bar with your mates but as a romantic dinner for two, I would choose elsewhere. Finally, the manager kindly waited with me to flag down a taxi which he didn't have to. Overall great service with ok food.Special Features:
- Great Italian food, nice atmosphereGnir12Dined on 4/18/2014I ate here with friends before the Boston marathon. I had made reservations. We were seated promptly, service was good. I had the potato gnocchi and it was excellent. My friend asked for some changes to the menu and the chef was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok experianceIJB1Dined on 4/13/2014We had Sunday early dinner at Papa Razzi. The service was good, and the waitress was friendly.We sat outside on Newbury which is always nice.. The appetizer Calamari was just ok, however the entrees were very greasy. each and every one of us had a different dish...Only my 7 year old enjoyed her cheese ravioli (it was with butter, no red sauce) . My and my wife risotto were barely edible. My 10year old son would eat anything with red sauce in it...He could not eat his spaghetti with meatball ..Special Features:
- I've always loved Papa Razzi!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/10/2014I've always loved Papa Razzi but I hadn't ever been to this location. Great spot!Special Features:
- Night out with friendsKhrystynaDined on 4/5/2014Excellent place for dinner! Even though we show up 30min earlier then our reservation, we were immediately given a table. Our server was really nice and accommodating. It was my first time and I'm coming back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied/ Returning CustomerBuddahmanDined on 4/4/2014I came here to treat my girlfriend out to a nice dinner. Prices seemed fair for what was being served and certainly can get to be expensive depending on what you get, just don't drink a lot or you'll be looking at a $200+ bill. I ordered Lobster tortellini which was much better than I expected. The dish's seem to be well proportioned so you wont leave over stuffed but certainly full. We went on a Friday evening around 6:30pm and were out by 7:45 which brings me to my next point. The service was FAST, possibly a little too fast but okay none the less. They looked understaffed but our waitress was still a stones throw away and continually checked with us. Great place to eat when you're feeling semi fancy and want good food that's not a chain.Special Features:
- Does not disappointRichardDined on 3/28/2014I've been going to Papa Razzi for years and it is always consistent, flavorful, affordable (compared to many other Back Bay restaurants) and I always seem to get a nice table (that part could be luck, or possibly even related to OpenTable.). Their Chicken Parm is the best I've ever had and the people I've taken have really enjoyed their meals. (The piece of salmon was quite big). Making a reservation through OpenTable could not be easier. My only disappointment is they closed the one in Chestnut Hill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delicious meal!MonaDined on 3/28/2014This is our go to restaurant when visiting Boston! Always a great meal! Staff is friendly and knowledgable, the specials are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/24/2014Great food and great service. Been multiple times and will continue going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very poor servicejoyceDined on 3/23/2014We had a lovely dinner at Papa Razzi. The service however was very bad! Although the restaurant was not very crowded at all the waitress could not wait to get us out of there. She was rude, got our plates from the table while we were still eating and brought the check without being asked for this. We were going to order coffee but the check was already on our table. Fortunately the food was oke so I will recomend this restaurant but hopefully the waitress will be fired soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and even better serviceParasDined on 3/22/2014Before even beginning to share the specials, the waiter asked for any dietary restrictions. Such a simple question to ask, but it made us feel very comfortable that the restaurant would be accommodating. The food came out and the gnocchi was simply incredible. The Quattro Formaggio pizza had an overwhelming amount of garlic, but the kitchen was more than willing to take it back and remake it. All in all great food and even better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston's Best!DruLadukeDined on 3/22/2014Calamari was the best, ever! Service: Jordan made us feel welcomed and very comfortable. Staff was engaging but not hovering. I look forward to bring friends the next time we are in town, maybe even a special trip just for dinner. Salmon was heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs upgradingPatriceDined on 3/21/2014We had simple pizza and risotto and the food was fair at best. No excuse for that and I won't recommend it.
- Great place for a good mealHousemanDined on 3/21/2014Papa Razzi somehow seems to be able to maintain a casual yet upscale feel without the outrageous pricing that seems to be the norm in the Back Bay area. Décor was very comfortable, quality and quantity of the food was very good and the service was outstanding. The waiter was knowledgeable and patient with the 5 of us and we saw a team working to get things done. Very satisfying experience and a place we will continue to go to when in the City.Special Features:
- Reliable FareAlCathVIPDined on 3/8/2014Lobster tortelloni is superb here. This was our third time at Papa Razzi, a restaurant we visit every time we're in Boston. Well-situated in Back Bay smack in the middle of excellent shopping, it's a great place for lunch or dinner. The vibe is energetic on weekends, so if you're looking for intimacy, choose a less busy time. The decor is lovely, and there are nice wines by the glass. There's something here for pasta lover who's after a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014Great service and food! The parm veal and calamari was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pasta!!YummyFoodaddictionDined on 2/28/2014Went to the restaurant with a good friend to celebrate her birthday. Were pleasantly surprised that the food stood up to the hype. Really good pasta. The thin crust pizza was good too. Was a little too noisy in my personal opinion.Special Features: