1725 Desales St., NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panacherestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2022937760x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am-11pm; Saturday 5pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour from 4pm to 7pm Monday-Friday $5 beer, wine, cocktails and tapas.
- Special Events: Panache can:
Hold up to 75 people for 3 course fixed menu.
Hold up to 150 people for buffet style dinner & stand up cocktail.
Private parties may rent out the restaurant for a minimum, no fees.
Happy Hour parties under 30 people may reserve space at the the bar.
- Cross Street: Between L/M and 17th/Conn.
- Public Transit: Farragut North Metro Station, take Connecticut Ave towards L St or Dupont Circle.
Pass the Mayflower Hotel, right
on Desales St.
Restaurant located on the left hand side.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: For dinner parties of two or more we validate parking at the PMI garage next door to the restaurant.
A word from Panache Restaurant
There is no denying Panache's elegance. The walls are done in a soft shade of wheat, the bar is long and sleek and bouquets of flowers dot the dining room. The dining room chairs are bright yellow, 1950s style lounge artwork hangs on the walls and some weekend nights, the line to get in stretches down the block. It's a jolt of energy across the street from the quiet Mayflower Hotel. Panache serves a range of small plates that make up a gustatory tour of Europe and beyond. Diners can also order one of the larger plates, which include seared Ahi Tuna with a Mango Salsa and Rack of Lamb with Pommery Mustard and Whipped Potatoes. A Three course menu is offered nightly for $35. Additional features are added every week for lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panache Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (32)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (27)great for outdoor dining (27)romantic (27)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Comfortableilym420Dined on 12/23/2013We had read reviews about Panache and wanted to check it out since it was close to my office; we went on a week night and were spoiled by the attention (recurring theme during the holiday season) because there were only about 10 patrons in the venue. The wait staff was excellent. We plan to return on a Thursday/Friday when the place should have more patrons to check our critique when the place is "jumping."
- Nice lunchCBR41Dined on 12/18/2013My co worker and I had lunch here again and it's great.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMechamDined on 12/16/2013Took my bf there for his/our bdays-- and enjoyed the food-- went kind of late so we had to order fast-- they found a candle for the dessert-- so that was nice-- great food-- nice environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK foodYummyinmytummtDined on 12/13/2013we got the three course deal. I was not very impressed...it was only OK. I was expecting something great considering all the other reviews!Special Features:
- Incredible Food! Mediocre Service.DCDinerDined on 12/6/2013If the other aspects of the restaurant matched up to the level of the food, this place would be superb. We had appetizers, entrees, and desserts, all of which were incredible! However, the service was infrequent, impersonal, and inattentive. And even with few other parties in the restaurant at the time, the noise level was surprisingly high. It's not that the other people were being particularly loud, but somehow the sound was quite amplified. It detracted from our romantic anniversary dinner a bit. We will likely return to Panache, only because of the food. While the service was adequate, they should really up their game to give the place a higher-end feel and give their customers a better overall experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food close by hotel!CaliforniaJimDined on 12/3/2013Literally across a side street from the Mayflower Hotel. Great food well prepared and plenty if it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good mealWarrenGDined on 11/22/2013Dining out here was a very good experience. Service was attentive, food tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't do it!TravelersDined on 11/19/2013Went with a group of coworkers. The restaurant was out of menu items and several drink choices.
- Always GoodJaywestVIPDined on 11/19/2013I can't say enough about this place. the food is always good. The service is excellent and the ambiance is wonderful. A hidden gem tucked away on a small side street.Special Features:
- National Geo SpotWaugieDined on 11/19/2013Nice little restaurant around the corner from the National Geographic Museum and Theater. The staff attention was well timed as we enjoyed our food and drinks before the show. Will definitely try to get back when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do dine hereDesnaDCVIPDined on 11/15/2013I am surprised that I had not heard about Panache before. The spicy chicken salad, flavorful baked salmon, delicious scallops were just wonderful. The service was outstanding. Please give this restaurant a try, you will not be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJaywestVIPDined on 11/9/2013This is one of the best kept secrets in DC. The food is excellent, the service is good and the ambiance is fine. The price/quality ratio is extremely high. I would deefinitely reccomend.Special Features:
- Great experience!restonresidentDined on 11/6/2013Had dinner here with a relative from out of town based on reviews. Did not disappoint. Shared a variety of tapas, each one better than the other. The tuna tartare was my favorite. My dinner companion loved the dates wrapped in proscuitto. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great resturantDionDined on 11/1/2013The resturant was nice. The TV's were very small. The best suprise on the dish was the Asparagus. It was cooked well and flavorful (and im pretty particular about my Aspara) The Filet Minon was tender but abit fatty. abourt 20% of the steak was fat and I just ate around it. My wife's Wine was $10 for an average glass that was a little less than half full. We were highly dissapointed in this given how much we paid for the portion at other resturants. Some mellow music would've been nice and I had to ask the waiter for water refill twice. I asked for no ice but he kept pouring out the side of the canister allowing ice to fall in.Special Features:
- Nice Run of the Mill PlaceJaywestVIPDined on 10/26/2013Nice place, tucked away on a side street, good food, service and pricing. Would probably return.
- PanacheeuroVIPDined on 10/26/2013I had a blast, great food, service, and bar staff. Very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep the Bread ComingCaltagVIPDined on 10/26/2013Ever eat at one of those places where the sauces are so good you have to keep getting more bread? Three of our tapas fit this description. The Shrimp with Garlic, the Mussels Provencale, and most notably, the incredible Carciofi and Prosciutto. The sauce the artichokes came in was extraordinary and we will go back just to have that dish. The shrimp were slightly overcooked and the blackened salmon was a bit too small to taste the salmon with all the blackening (full disclosure; my wife loved it.) The Olive Tapenade was very good, the Rockfish wrapped in Potato was a delicious recommendation, the salamis on the antipasto were superb while the cheese was OK. I don't recommend the Portobellas with goat cheese, but the wife disagrees.Special Features:
- Very nice evening--they evenyummyDined on 10/25/2013Very nice evening--they even brought us a glass of champagne to celebrate our anniversary! Food and service and ambiance were all nice. I wouldn't call this a foodie's restaurant-- everything was good, but "been done" as far as couplings and menu entrees...tho they do it all well. Waiter timed his presence well with bringing out drink, bread, entrees, etc...and the restaurant was a perfect noise level--we could easily have a nice conversation. An enjoyable evening at a well-located restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never been disappointed . . .TomCDined on 10/24/2013I've been to Panache many times over the years and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent and reasonable.Special Features:
- It was an overall very pleasantFoodyDined on 10/19/2013It was an overall very pleasant dining experience. The flavors of all the food dishes were really nice and I would definitely go and eat there again.Special Features:
- Just overall ok. I wouldn'tfoodloverVIPDined on 10/12/2013Just overall ok. I wouldn't go out of my way to come here. The food was decent, but not memorable. I didn't really like how they give each person one piece of stale bread in different sizes vs. just giving a bread basket for the table.
- Nice quiet dinner.Andhunt2011Dined on 10/9/2013Dinner was good. They were very adequate with service. 8/10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet tuesdayandre1010Dined on 10/8/2013don't know if this is due to the furlough, but the restaurant was mostly empty and very quiet. the food and service was both good. Had both tapas and the salads...everything was cooked well. Loved the thai salad!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was better than anythingfoodfriendlyDined on 10/7/2013The food was better than anything I had expected out of this quiet little restaurant. I would recommend this for date night or just having a good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at PanacheLABVDined on 10/7/2013A friend and I recently enjoyed lunch at Panache. The nicest part was the service, specifically, we were there to both have lunch and visit over a few hours. We were not rushed through to turn over the table. It was not busy, so we didn't feel like we were holding up their business as we lingered. The food was good, and the noise level is quiet enough that you can easily speak to the people you came with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Setting, But...NotPleasedDined on 10/5/2013The menu items are rather expensive so you would want the food to taste like it didn't come out of a box or the low budget store freezer. The mashed potatoes tasted like they were flakes from a box with just water added. The crab cakes tasted horrible, had way to much filler, and was mostly claw meat. At $30, the only good thing on the plate were the vegetables. Service was great and I still tipped at well above the standard 20%, but will never go back.
- Good food but service wasDinerDined on 10/5/2013Good food but service was a bit slow. Would go back again though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouswritereaderDined on 10/5/2013The tapas were absolutely delicious, especially the dates wrapped with prosciutto, the blackened salmon with artichoke hearts, and the garlic shrimp. Mouthwatering. We sat by the open window, but the restaurant does offer outdoor seating. Across the way is another, nondescript building, but the outdoor seating itself is romantic with lights and foliage. The server was respectful, enthusiastic, and kind. We got two tapas at a time and were able to relax and sip our wine while waiting for the next round. All in all, it was good timing for delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent variety and ingredients!Paul85Dined on 10/2/2013Excellent variety and ingredients! Highly recommended although the tuna tartar could use a little more zest. Risotto is fantastic but should include octopus as well. Thx!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great, but thedwanVIPDined on 10/1/2013The food was great, but the way the server handled our bill ruined the experience. I used a restaurant.com $50 certificate that required I spend $100. At the end of the meal, the server informed us we had not yet reached $100. I instructed him to just increase the bill so it equals $100. He indicated this was not allowed, and that I would have to order something small, like a glass of wine, to get to $100, which might result in being over by a dollar or so, so, I ordered a glass. When the bill came, it showed that my total was $99.50 before the wine, and $109 after it. This overcharge ended up costing me more than the savings of the gift certificate. Unfortunately, the attitude and overcharging overshadowed the excellent food.
- Nice table and restaurantTFarriesDined on 9/26/2013Went with a co-worker for lunch. Our waiter was great, the table was great but my risotto was woefully undercooked. I would have brought this to the attention of the waiter but I didn't think I would have time to order something else. Good experience othewise and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to recommendMichaelCDined on 9/24/2013Open Table reviewers didn't disappoint. I found this while trying to identify a restaurant within walking distance from our hotel. 4 for dinner - all colleagues in town on business. Service and food were exceptional, and the prices were very reasonable for DC. All 4 of us would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left feeling very fullTracyVIPDined on 9/21/2013We decided to go with the Tapa's menu. First let me say the service was excellent. Our waiter was always checking on us without being overbearing. Our drinks were very good, I had a Watermelon Martini, a little sweet, but not bad and a Pink Lady good but could have been a little colder. Our Tapa's were the Tapenade, Bruschetta, Tuna Tartar, Pollo con Sevillia Chorizo, and the Rockfish. All were worth getting again. We will definately go back with friends in tow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panache was fine, althoughSmackAFoolDined on 9/13/2013Panache was fine, although nothing about the experience was amazing. The tapas were good, especially the tuna tartare and the goat cheese spread. Prosciutto wrapped dates will always be good...Was surprised the wine list was as limited as it was. Service was attentive and ambience was right for a date night. I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable near National GeographicSeagullVIPDined on 9/13/2013Very convenient to National Geographic where we were seeing a play. Service was quite responsive to our time constraints. Dishes were consistently good but not outstanding. We dined outside, which was very pleasant. Would certainly go again when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSoloDined on 9/5/2013I went there because it was closeby and according to the opentable menu it had creme brulee but it turned out that they stopped having that long time ago. We had onion soup which was very strange, very salty and a bruschetta, the toppings were falling off. The molten cake was so so. All in all, disappointing.Special Features:
- Has it allOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2013Panache is different from the usual Dupont spots (Asian, grills, burritos). It's charming, civilized, and relaxing, with outstanding food.Special Features:
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2013I had my birthday dinner at Panache and loved it. I've been to this restaurant a handful of times and have never been disappointed. The food is absolutely delicious, and surprisingly, the restaurant is never that crowded. We found this little gem a couple years ago as it is right across the street from the DC Improv. All of their tapas are very good, and they were having their restaurant week specials when I went. This restaurant can be pricey, but the size of their tapas dishes is larger than the average tapas restaurants, so you don't have to order as much. Panache definitely makes a good date night out spot, or a nice place for getting together with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks were very bad, theyMediocreDined on 8/24/2013Drinks were very bad, they were mostly ice, so all other ingredients were diluted. Most dishes were well cooked and tasty. 18% tip was included automatically on the bill, although we were only 5 people, and then another tip line was added to the bill. There was a truck selling "fashion" parked in front of the restaurant, with patrons moving between the truck and the restaurant. The truck was blocking the view, and the whole thing seemed tacky.
- Al Fresco dining (but...)BeejayDined on 8/15/2013Great : Lunch al fresco... on a beautiful day on a quiet street with excellent food...a reminder of Paris Not-so-great....an expensive wine list (nothing under $48)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.