1725 Desales St., NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panacherestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2022937760x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am-11pm; Saturday 5pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour from 4pm to 7pm Monday-Friday $5 beer, wine, cocktails and tapas.
- Special Events: Panache can:
Hold up to 75 people for 3 course fixed menu.
Hold up to 150 people for buffet style dinner & stand up cocktail.
Private parties may rent out the restaurant for a minimum, no fees.
Happy Hour parties under 30 people may reserve space at the the bar.
- Cross Street: Between L/M and 17th/Conn.
- Public Transit: Farragut North Metro Station, take Connecticut Ave towards L St or Dupont Circle.
Pass the Mayflower Hotel, right
on Desales St.
Restaurant located on the left hand side.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: For dinner parties of two or more we validate parking at the PMI garage next door to the restaurant.
A word from Panache Restaurant
There is no denying Panache's elegance. The walls are done in a soft shade of wheat, the bar is long and sleek and bouquets of flowers dot the dining room. The dining room chairs are bright yellow, 1950s style lounge artwork hangs on the walls and some weekend nights, the line to get in stretches down the block. It's a jolt of energy across the street from the quiet Mayflower Hotel. Panache serves a range of small plates that make up a gustatory tour of Europe and beyond. Diners can also order one of the larger plates, which include seared Ahi Tuna with a Mango Salsa and Rack of Lamb with Pommery Mustard and Whipped Potatoes. A Three course menu is offered nightly for $35. Additional features are added every week for lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panache Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (34)great for lunch (30)romantic (30)special occasion (30)great for outdoor dining (24)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good Tapasluv2finedineDined on 5/10/2014Had great time. Tapas were great. Really enjoyed it. But the ambience was not that great as seen on website galleries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service, bad foodKcgirlDined on 5/5/2014This restaurant wil be closed soon due to its poor service and uninspired food. It's wine list is worse than a discount grocery store's. Don't waste your time or money.
- Great placeSue1Dined on 4/29/2014Always have a great meal at Panache. Great service, nice people, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a birthday or happy hourmyreviewsDined on 4/25/2014I recently hosted by birthday party there. We ordered many tapas and sangria for the table. Everyone ate well and enjoyed ourselves in this restaurant. The staff were friendly towards our group. I remember that all tapas were pretty creative and all tasted great. I say this place is great for groups as there is space to spread out. The location is not to be missed and is a great place to start the evening or hang out after work.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2014The tapas were excellent as was the wine. The server was awesome. A perfect experience!Special Features:
- foodieafficianadoDined on 4/15/2014Ginger infused cocktail, Portabella mushroom and artichoke tapas were excellent. Grilled squid was very good. Lamb chops and prosciutto wrapped dates were dry and not very good.
- I had the green salad, whichDCDinerVIPDined on 4/14/2014I had the green salad, which was very good (not unexpectedly) and the risotto, which was not. The risotto was not. The rice was undercooked and lacked flavor, although the seafood that accompanied it was fine. two of my companions had the salmon, which they both liked and the other had the pasta with chicken. She loved the pasta but wasn't happy with the chicken, although I'm not sure why.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the meal and weAileenDined on 4/12/2014We enjoyed the meal and we had a nice inside table next to the window. The noise level was high because there was a lot of activity in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant noise was TOOOOOBabesVIPDined on 4/11/2014The restaurant noise was TOOOOO loud. You cannot even hear your own voice. The energetic noise rating is not accurate. Thank goodness for the very good food. My husband and I had the prix price menu and I enjoyed the dates wrapped in proscuitto and shrimp risotto while he had ceasar salad and rainbow trout. Been to the restaurant twice for lunch but the noise was not bad. I guess Friday night after work made the big difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Law Firm Staff for 4 lunchDStanleyDined on 4/11/2014Special of the day - scallops presentation and taste delicious. Service - much to be desired. Although the restaurant was not busy (we had a 1pm lunch time -- had to request water fill up twice, request for dessert menu twice. Ordered lemon with the water and requested again -- if it comes separately in a dish -- should have indicated the lemon is coming. Nonetheless tipped 25%. Why? - I don't know.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantJackDined on 4/7/2014I though the food was really good and the service was excellent. Didn't care for the music ... Kind of techno overhead and loud. The waiter kindly turned it down. They could easily change music to something more soothing. Nice restaurant. I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we went on a groupon for 8LeslieDined on 4/5/2014we went on a groupon for 8 tapas and 2 pitchers of sangria for $85. But the sangria was undrinkable kool-ade. we asked our waiter whether we could substitute glasses of wine. he said he'd have to ask the manger. we asked 3 times for the manager. we waited half an hour. By this time,our dinner arrived. We decided to order wine. There was NO by the glass listed on the wine list. we ordered the cheapest bottle of wine -- $60!!! for what is an $18 bottle of merlot. Just AFTER we had poured the wine, the waiter came back and said the manager said we could have glasses of house wine. Obviously, they wanted us to buy the wine. our groupon cost an extra $110, including 18% added tip. no room to note other service problems -- very short staffed
- Great ServicelocalmdVIPDined on 4/2/2014Our server, Mo, was fantastic. The food was very good, especially for the pricing. I would come back if in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!angel031424Dined on 3/29/2014The service was great, the ambiance was [mostly] romantic, and the food was fantastic! We ordered the rack of lamb and wanted to share it, so they brought it out to us on two separate plates, both set up for presentation, as though it was two separate orders instead of one. The atmosphere was mostly romantic because there were white tablecloths topped with lit candles and dim lighting...but eighties dance music playing in the background, which was out of place with the theme they seemed to be going for. It was also a bit noisy, but that's tough to change because the restaurant is actually rather small. You should still check it out, though! The food was delightful! We loved all that we ordered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed a fantastic eveningDavidDined on 3/28/2014We enjoyed a fantastic evening with a group of seven colleagues at Panache while attending the Scientific Sessions for the American College of Cardiology. The tapas, entrees, and deserts were all terrific and were share across the board. The chef came out to greet us and the entire staff was terrific. We would highly recommend to check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BdineDined on 3/28/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the crabcakes - full lump, no filler. The wine was divine and service was prompt and courteous. Right around the corner from the Mayflower, so if you like people watching, you should enjoy the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot tapas a hitFredDined on 3/26/2014We dined in hot tapas. Great zucchini dish. Crab cakes and missiles also excellent. Only shortfall was the table, which I insisted on. It was close to the front window but had a tremendous breeze. We stayed for the romantic setting but I wore my coat thru dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plate menu was justOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2014Small plate menu was just right. Rarely manage to hold desert, but here it was just right. Would definitely return if back in DC.I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time tapasjharDined on 3/22/2014This was the first time we have dined on tapas. Quite enjoyable and the portions are just right for a smaller eater like me. The food was excellent, especially the basil lamb and zucchini purses. Cocktails were a bit weak but still tasty. A very relaxed and cozy environment with an upscale feel. I would recommend this restaurant and would return on my next visit to DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a groupon from PanacheDCFoodieKingDined on 3/21/2014Had a groupon from Panache and my boyfriend and I went there for dinner. Food was awesome. We both got the same dinner (Salmon). Food was good, although the fish portion was a tad small- but filling nonetheless. Will definitely return there. Purchased another groupon right after for another night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in DC DowntownteresatravelsDined on 3/17/2014Panache was fantastic from food to value. Tapas menu fabulous - 2 good sized lamb chops and scallops for total of $22 - are you kidding??? Very unique atmosphere and personalized service. Will be going back next time in DC for certain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent meal....CandiDined on 3/14/2014Met friends there after work, good service, good food, but the restaurant was incredibly loud and hot.Special Features:
- Lovely FoodadbastilleDined on 3/13/2014We had lovely food. I had great crab cakes. Everything looked great. One of my lunch companions had wilted lettuce in his salad. After a small debate with the manager the salad was comped. Overall we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Cozy, great warm feelingWaldorf1VIPDined on 3/10/2014A little hard to find but worth it. Very cute, food was nice, good menu selection, nice service. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Since the gas went out andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/10/2014Since the gas went out and prevented hot food at lunch, the restaurant should have offered a discount on the bill. The very limited cold food available was not that great and certainly not why we chose the restaurant. A manager should have also come to the table to personally apologize instead of leaving it to the waitress who was clearly uncomfortable with the situation. The restaurant's quality of service has gone down considerably lately.
- The food was overall good,NicoleDined on 3/5/2014The food was overall good, service was great and prices were moderate. Def would recommend to a friend. I liked the fact that the restaurant wasn't too crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!dclingVIPDined on 3/1/2014I have had several good meals at Panache, but this was the best. None of the others in my group had been there, but I'm sure they will return. The service was just perfect --- helpful, but not intrusive. Parking is easy in the garage next door or often street parking is available too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great find: goodJudybflDined on 3/1/2014This was a great find: good food, good service and good people. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for a nice lunch!DeniseVIPDined on 2/27/2014Cozy place with good food and good service. Will go back again for the Salmon and spinach and mushroom salad. Bonus is yummy bread basket.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been to panache a fewCje5038Dined on 2/22/2014Have been to panache a few times, and the food is delicious! The tapas menu offers a great and selection there is a little bit of everything. I came with a friend and we decided on the zucchini purses, prosciutto wrapped dates, lamb cups, bruschetta and filet mignon. Steak and lamb were cooked perfectly and so tender. The zucchini purses were my favorite. Definitely enjoyed this meal and left very satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go great place to goDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 2/22/2014This is a great restaurant before/after visiting the National Geographic MuseumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Okay, Service AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/21/2014I'm not usually terribly picky about the service at restaurants, but the service at this one was so consistently rude that I felt the need to publicly comment on it. When I arrived for my reservation, even though the restaurant was practically empty, they acted like getting to me was quite a chore. After they found my reservation, they sat me, and i noticed right beside me was the person with whom I was dining, and even though she had checked in under the same reservation, they failed to correlate and seat us at the same table. Throughout the meal our server assumed he had priority, and always literally started speaking over one of us to check in, never even with an "excuse me." Food okay, but not worth the abuse.
- My guest requested salmon/spinachOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/20/2014My guest requested salmon/spinach salad WITHOUT mushrooms. Waiter acknowledged the request... yet salal arrived by server with mushrooms.Special Features:
- Delightful experiencePanacheDined on 2/19/2014Where to start? The service was superior. Mo walked us through the menu, the specials, the tapas and the prix fix menu. He was extremely knowledgeable of the ingredients in each dish so was helpful in our menu selections. The food was delicious! The potato encrusted fish with sweet potato straws melted in my mouth. My husband's lobster ravioli was perfect. We had a delightful evening even as the restaurant got crowded and energetic!! We will definitely go back to sample some of the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok...aohamlinDined on 2/15/2014Was under the impression location was a bit fancier by website. Arbor mist sangria.. Fail...food was just ok. Did like the free white Russian shots given by bartender. Seems like a decent spot to drink if in the area. As a food spot I will not be returning.Special Features:
- Very good food at good pricePhilVIPDined on 2/10/2014I always order the lambb chops, excellent The tapas menu is very good.Special Features:
- Never got a tableAlexisVIPDined on 2/8/2014We had cocktails and some tapas. The food was good, but not outstanding. We made these reservations over a month ago and arrived exactly on time to find that they didn't have a table for us. We got crammed into this tiny table at the bar that held all of our food, but only just. Overall it wasn't a bad experience, but between not having a real table and being right by the opening and closing door, we probably won't be going back.Special Features:
- Almost ExcellentEastCoastGuyVIPDined on 2/7/2014We really enjoyed our visit to Panache this weekend. We were a party of three and all pretty hungry. We arrived just on time for our reservation at 8:30 pm, and we were seated right away. It is a nice-sized place with a great layout. The service was quick and professional. We didn't notice until arriving that they have a really nice tapas menu, and so we decided to dig-in. Absolutely every tapas dish was excellent, and our favorites were the diver scallops St. Jaques, the hotl portabello mushrooms with whipped goat cheese, the prosciutto wrapped dates, and the lamb chops (maybe the best chops that I have had in DC). Also, our friend had a cookie dough martini that smelled and tasted like fun. Only dessert was a let-down.Special Features:
- Excellent scallopsDCdinerDined on 2/1/2014The food was very good. It was a little quiet for our taste that night. We were looking for something a little more lively, but the lounge next to the restaurant was empty. The service and the food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and venue!Pat1Dined on 1/30/2014Nice and open atmosphere, great food, great for lunch! Tucked away from busy DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.