7955 Oxford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19111Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.moonstruckrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157256000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Guy Jean Baptiste
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering at your home, office or other venue available. Please contact Toto Schiavone at 215-725-6000 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Moonstruck Restaurant offers 3 private dining rooms offering gourmet cuisine in a variety of beautiful settings.
Alto - 50 to 150 guests
Victor - 20 to 40 guests
Barbara - 15 to 20 guests
- Private Party Contact: Claire DiLullo 2157256000x101
A word from Moonstruck Restaurant
A fabulous, glamorous gem of a restaurant located in the Fox Chase area of northeast Philadelphia providing delicious, gourmet Italian food for over 30 years. The finest & freshest ingredients are used in all our dishes: featuring veal & seafood specialties, fresh pasta & homemade gelato.Continued
Also serving small plates & special cocktails at the bar.
Three course pre-fix dinner every night, $29.00 (Saturdays: 5:00pm - 6:00pm)
Also serving small plates & special cocktails at the bar.
Three course pre-fix dinner every night, $29.00 (Saturdays: 5:00pm - 6:00pm)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Moonstruck Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Northeast Philly ›
Moonstruck Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)special occasion (41)fit for foodies (31)romantic (31)good for groups (18)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- The decor of the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2010The decor of the restaurant was really nice - upscale appearance but not pretentious. The majority of the table had the sea bass and everyone really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- The food was great but theMichelleDined on 11/5/2010The food was great but the service was terrible. I have been to this restaurant many times and always had a good experience. The owner just opened a new place and perhaps his absence is the difference.Special Features:
- As far as restaurants go inMemeDiva329VIPDined on 10/30/2010As far as restaurants go in NE Philadelphia, Moonstruck definitely stands out. It's rare to find a place that isn't a corner bar, a diner, or a chain restaurant. Rather than venture into Center City like I usually do, I made a last minute reservation to stay in the Northeast and head to Moonstruck. The service was great; our waiter was very attentive. I was however disappointed in my entree. I ordered the salmon special- grilled in a ginger tarragon sauce, topped with scallops, and completed with a side of asparagus and polenta. Salmon is one of my favorite dishes, but this salmon was a HUGE let down. Overall, I would be willing to try Moonstruck again, but have no intention of eating their salmon again.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant byOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2010My favorite restaurant by far. I have never been dissapointed. The food and service are always great!Special Features:
- We truly enjoyed the drinks,QualityFirstVIPDined on 10/9/2010We truly enjoyed the drinks, food and service. The menu is diverse and very appealing; in fact, an obstacle is that there are too many good selections to choose from. In addition, there were two specials which pre-empted even looking at the menu the night we were there. The branzino was particularly good, as was the liver entree. It takes a very confident chef to prepare liver andf this was excellently prepared and served. Desserts were also very good, particularly the gelato with grappa and raisins. When you go, look for Lenny. He is a veteran server who was most enjoyable.Special Features:
- Have been here 3 times andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2010Have been here 3 times and each time has been memorable. Thanks for making our night so wonderful. We will return. The steak was cooked to perfection. The waiter and host were personable and at the same time gave us privacy to truly enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- Mashed Potatoes were too wet.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2010Mashed Potatoes were too wet. No veggie included with this dinner other than potatoes. Service was excellent. Dinner was "Bunched Pork". Drink was very good and of a generous size.Special Features:
- "Loved the Center City feelOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2010"Loved the Center City feel of a neighborhood restuarant" We stared at the bar for drinks,Carol our bartender was so engaging and knowledgeable we stayed and had dinner at the bar. The mussels where a special which Carol highly recommended,My Mother ordered them they where amazing.I had the Beet and goat cheese salad the warm beets and slightly chilled goat cheese was perfect . My Mother had the seared Scallop entree,the Scallops where seared to perfection.I opted for the Crepe and brandied crab appetizer which nice pieces of lump crab and very flavorful.Service was well-timed over all a wonderful experiance.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent.RobertMontDined on 8/20/2010Food and service were excellent. Their dinner menu has a very nice variety of fresh fish, meats, and pasta, with a great wine list too. Entree pricing a little on the high side, (between $21 to $25), with all other items on the menu ala carte, however you get what you pay for at Moonstruck, excellent food!Special Features:
- A true gem in the neighborhood.DisappointingDined on 8/16/2010A true gem in the neighborhood. Beautiful restaurant, very attentive service, impressive wine list. Have dined here many times and can highly recommend it!!
- For years, this has been oneBSnyderVIPDined on 7/22/2010For years, this has been one of Philly's prettiest restaurants. I only wish its a la carte menu was a little less expensive.Special Features:
- Excellent Service, Fantastic Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2010My husband and I came to Moonstruck for a quiet romantic dinner before the birth of our 5th (and final) child. Everyone at the Restaurant went out of their way to make our "Babymoon" extra special! The food was fantistic and the service impeccable. We definitly plan to return soon.Special Features:
- I am a picky eater so I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2010I am a picky eater so I was hoping for more of a selection. However, the food my wife and I did order was fantastic. The service was quick and the price was right.Special Features:
- very extensive food selectionVeroDaveDined on 6/11/2010very extensive food selection to meet all tastes. decent wine list. prepared special vegan option for one diner.Special Features:
- Let me just say this-if youOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/11/2010Let me just say this-if you are in the area or do not want to go out of your way for good italian-DO NOT come here. For the price I paid I could have gone somewhere in center city or to Michelangelo's (for a cheaper and much better meal). We were a table of four and were treated well. The service was good and the drinks were good but the food-so so. For appetizers we had the Caesar salad (fabulous) calamari (good) and the layered eggplant with mozzarella and basil (not bad). our entrees were a vegetable lasagna, trout, salmon with risotto (very good) and a disappointing pasta dish (with peas, asparagus, and pesto sauce) which they attempted to charge me $23 for, when on the menu it was $13. They up-charge $10 if you are having i
- It is a pleasure to see thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/11/2010It is a pleasure to see that this restaurant has maintained its high quality. It had been some time since I had dined there and I was very pleased to see that nothing has changed. I shall return soon.Special Features:
- My dinner was superb; everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2010My dinner was superb; everything was better than I ever imagined.!
- This was my second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/6/2010This was my second time at Moonstruck. We went about 6 weeks ago and found the food to be very good. This time around the food was ordinary. The people in my party all agreed that there was a difference between our 2 visits. The prices are high, and although the quality of the ingredients were not in dispute, the taste of our meals was just average. At this point, I don't know if I would return.
- It was a lovely romantic evening.ERKHMKDined on 6/2/2010It was a lovely romantic evening. The service was fantastic.Our waiter was Antin. I would recommend having him serve us again. The restaurant was impeccible. We loved the food. I highly recommend the appetizer calledCrespelle Con Granchio. It was very thin layers with lump crabmeat and wonderful flavoring. My entree was Noci di ManzoGrilled beef nodini with gorgonzola cheese, mashedpotato, radicchio and ripasso reduction. It was magnifique! The ownerToTo Schiavone was as charming as always.Special Features:
- Food was very good. ExtremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2010Food was very good. Extremely interesting menu. Great atmosphere. We must have hit the restaurant at a bad time, since the service was off slightly...not enough to cause concern, but enough to notice.Special Features:
- First time there and we arelocalguyDined on 5/19/2010First time there and we are already planning on going back. The appetizers were outstanding with many more to sample during future visits....only disappointment was they ran out of gelato for dessert....Special Features:
- Moonstruck continues to beOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2010Moonstruck continues to be a great restaurant with outstanding food, preparation, and service. We have used this restaurant for every major occasion for our family for years and have NEVER been disappointed.Special Features:
- This restaurant is convenientOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/14/2010This restaurant is convenient to my mothers residence and is our go to convenient place for a "fancy dinner." The food is reliably good and the service on our last visit was excellent; the waitress was very attentive to my mother while not being intrusive. Good Job!Special Features:
- We only get to go to thisKateDined on 5/8/2010We only get to go to this restaurant maybe 3-4 times a year. Every time we go the food is excellent and the staff is very friendly and accomodating. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure. BeautifulcentercitygalVIPDined on 5/7/2010Always a pleasure. Beautiful place, excellent food. Easy parking - street or free lot - is an added bonus.Special Features:
- We again had a wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2010We again had a wonderful dinner at Moonstruck - restaurant gem of Northeast Philadelphia! We especially enjoyed the beet salad with feta cheese over endive and lump crabmeat crepe first courses, and the sea bass second course. Service was impeccable and our waiter helped choose a lovely Italian wine for the table. We love Moonstruck and are thankful to have a great place to eat in the Northeast!Special Features:
- Our food was delicious. TheFoodieseniorVIPDined on 4/25/2010Our food was delicious. The ambient noise was quite low. Lenny was an excellent server, almost as good as Gus. We look foward to our next meal at Moonstruck.
- Food continues to be outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/23/2010Food continues to be outstanding at our favorite restaurant for the past 30+ years! Prix-fixe menu is excellent while the regular menu and specials are varied, fresh and exceptionally prepared. Service is exceptional. Ambiance is outstanding and is the perfect place for a romantic dinner or a family (or other group) gathering.Special Features:
- Celebrating my mother's 90thOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/16/2010Celebrating my mother's 90th birthday at Moonstruck was wonderful! The ambience was perfect and the food was delicious. Our waiter was so attentive and patient with our guests (several of whom were over 80 and a bit hard of hearing.) It was an experience we look forward to repeating.Special Features:
- our server was knowledgeable.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2010our server was knowledgeable. the food was very good. the only down side was the party near by with a crying baby and a few loud patrons at 930pm on a Saturday night. didn't ruin our time, and i m sure we will dine there again!Special Features:
- Great food and service. AAudreyVIPDined on 4/3/2010Great food and service. A bit expensive but worth the money.
- Our waiter was excellent andtrish513Dined on 3/27/2010Our waiter was excellent and very helpful with our dinner selections. Food was delicious!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service,centercitygalVIPDined on 3/6/2010Excellent food and service, as always. This one is a favorite; even though we don't live near here, we make sure to get there periodically. Good drinks, too. Always a pleasure.Special Features:
- Everything was great- it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2010Everything was great- it was a 'special' night which made it even more fun!Special Features:
- Moonstruck has excellent food,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2010Moonstruck has excellent food, service and ambiance. Everytime we dine there, it is always a great experience. It is so nice to have such a great restaurant in Fox Chase.Special Features:
- My wife and I both had a mostOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2010My wife and I both had a most enjoyable meal, great service and I enjoyed a delicious martini. We will be back often.Special Features:
- We have been going to MoonstruckOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/14/2010We have been going to Moonstruck (originally Di Lulo's) for about 30 years. Always wonderful food and preparation, outstanding service and excellent ambiance. It remains our favorite restaurant. Period.Special Features:
- We went for Valnetine's Day,luv52Dined on 2/14/2010We went for Valnetine's Day, but have been going there since before 1980 when it was D'Lulio's. It is a truly great restaurant with very special Italian dishes and pasta, a superb wine list and experienced and attentive waiters. They are great people, serve wondrously and with gusto!!Special Features:
- I live near Moonstruck andigelDined on 2/13/2010I live near Moonstruck and it is indeed a neighborhood gem. The mussels were a nice size and the sauce was delicious. Bronzino main course was also excellent.Special Features: