La Masseria RI
223 Main Street
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Masseria RI
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamasseriari.com/
- Phone: 4013980693
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Coladonato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for details.
- Private Party Contact: Andrea Minopoli 4013980693
A word from La Masseria RI
La Masseria Restaurant is inspired from ancient fortified farmhouses that in the Puglia Region of Italy are called “Masseria”. Executive Chef/Co-Owner, Pino Coladonato, grew up on a Farm in Puglia. He was forced to eat whatever was available but soon was tired of bean puree and decided to take matters into his own hands, creating new ways to use the same few ingredients. Now, with limitless ingredients to choose from, fava beans, chickpeas and lentils are still a core element in many of his entrees. Interior Designer Libby Langdon has created a warm, inviting dining atmosphere. Rustic and relaxed, with plenty of old world charm. Oversized iron sconces custom made from antique wrought iron gates punctuate the walls, and artful displays of antique farm tools mixed with various authentic Italian photographs all add to the farmhouse appeal. The wine list encompasses all regions of Italy with few of the best American and the rest of the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Masseria RI - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
La Masseria RI reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (42)romantic (37)notable wine list (22)hot spot (15)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- As AlwaysEGdinerVIPDined on 10/3/2013Great food and a nice place to go with friends or for a romantic night. Many special choices even at lunch. I love the outdoor seating option that they have now. Service is also always very good. Attentive but not over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely returnfoodloverDined on 9/26/2013Had a nice quiet table outside on a beautiful day (for lunch). Ordered from the EG restaurant week menu, which was quite a value. Mozzarella, tomato and eggplant appetizer was very fresh and plentiful (yet too large). The salmon entree was cooked perfectly and was very lightly seasoned. The portions on the plate were not huge but were commensurate with lunch and a three course meal. Chocolate mousse or mixed berry pie were welcome options for dessert and were very good. Staff and service was professional, pleasant, and helpful yet unobtrusive. It was our first experience here and each of us would like to return; recommend for a nice evening out or an upscale lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone was very polite foodHappyDined on 9/25/2013Everyone was very polite food was very good. This is restaurant week in EG and I was surprised they did not offer the pre-fix menu with the regular menu...I had to request the pre-fix.....I don't think that is good business. I have been their 3 times - twice with a group of 10 and once for lunch...this was my 4th visitSpecial Features:
- ExcellentRob1764VIPDined on 9/24/2013One of my top choices in East Greenwich. Excellent Italian pastas, meats and seafood.Special Features:
- Food average at bestgoodeatsVIPDined on 9/20/2013Found the quality of food to be a bit lacking. Pasta overcooked, pear salad poorly balanced with unripe pears, and a weird sauce on a chicken and eggplant special. Service was good but nothing more. We chose to finish our evening elsewhere. Would not return.
- Ask for a Table on the 1st Floor!awickcaldVIPDined on 9/17/2013We went for our anniversary because we have enjoyed food, service and ambience here before. Our table was on the 2nd floor where it was cold and isolated, only two other tables were occupied. We felt banished from the warm and cozy atmosphere and bustling service on the main floor! Food was good but that's about all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKDetroitOnTheRoadVIPDined on 8/29/2013We had very high hopes for La Masseria unfortunately the pasta was a bit overcooked all of our dishes had a cream sauce that made the dishes heavier than they need be. All in all every plate that we had was heavy and one dimensional. On the up-side, service was good and the bar / dinning room is very comfortable. I wish the food would have met our expectations.
- Great Food! but service needsBari2Dined on 8/28/2013Great Food! but service needs to improve. portions of special pasta were a bit short-(considering the price charged)Special Features:
- Happy 16th Anniversary!DelishDined on 8/23/2013We dined here for our 16th Anniversary. The food was delicious but it is a small place with lots of regulars. It seemed a gathering spot for many. Conversation was difficult at our table for two but like I said, the food was delicious. It is definitely a "special occasion" restaurant for our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a surprise!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/3/2013We have been to this restaurant 3 times now......very eclectic and interesting menu that always has allowed something new and different to try. The seating is versatile so it works for groups and couples. The wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable while allowing you to enjoy the meal at your leisure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful 1st experienceAnnemarieDined on 7/27/2013This was the 1st time at La Masseria RI for my family. We all enjoyed the food and delighted with how we were treated by the staff. We will recommend this restaurant to all our friends.Special Features:
- Forget Federal HillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2013I asked a friend for a recommendation in the Federal Hill area. He told me there was no need to go that far and that I should try La Masseria instead. Wow, was he right. The food was absolutely the best Italian food in the area. I eat in Boston's North End all the time and haven't had a dinner as good as the one I had at La Masseria. The service was also fantastic, Israel pointed me to choices that knocked me out. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent restaurantstevegVIPDined on 7/18/2013service was best we have had in a long time. waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. Food was very good ( bronzing, chicken, salad )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience in a long time.JacquieDined on 7/16/2013I had heard good things about this neighborhood restaurant and decided to try it out during Restaurant Week. The server was abrupt, surly and obviously annoyed when I asked him for the Restaurant Week menu. He never related the daily specials as I overheard other servers informing their guests. The portions of the Restaurant Week menu were noticeably scaled down in size (first time I'd experienced this) and mediocre at best. Of the two dessert offerings on the RW menu, they were out of one of them. (A Hazelnut Ice Cream that could have effortlessly been kept in stock.) The female bartender was having a rather loud conversation with a customer at the bar. Her elevated voice level and the subject matter were impossible to tune out.
- Always a delicious pleasureLanieCDined on 7/14/2013Although it's not in our neighborhood, we make a point of eating at La Masseria every few months. Food, service, pretty much everything makes it an enjoyable experience. And now that we know bottles of wine are 25% off on Sunday Tuesday and Wednesday, well, we'll make the trip more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, awesome service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2013Awesome food, awesome service, awesome environment. I can't say enough about how great a dining experience this place is. Top-notch by far. My girlfriend and I try to go whenever we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is good, wine list isTimtVIPDined on 7/12/2013food is good, wine list is extremely over priced, tables are small and service is mediocre.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/11/2013We went as a group on restaurant week for lunch. They had a menu left over from last year, didn't know the price,and didn't honor restaurant week for the whole week. The portions were incredibly small. I have done many restaurant week restaurants and was quite disappointed in this one.Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurantVisitingfromDCDined on 7/6/2013Highly recommend the mozzarella appetizer, meatballs, and any of the homemade pastas! Everyone in our group of 13 loved their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/29/2013Really nice dining experience. Our waiter (Israel) was great.Special Features:
- A wonderful place to go andmolise2Dined on 6/27/2013A wonderful place to go and enjoy some excellently prepared Italian food. Eating at La Masseria brings you home to the food of 21st. century Italian cooking. This is not a place where Italo- American food is served. This is a place where the food of modern day Italy is served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a reservation for aLarryEDined on 6/23/2013We had a reservation for a party of 10 for a Sunday lunch. The restaurant was not crowded so it was nice and quiet. The food and the service were great. It made for a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2013La Masseria is my favorite - always delicious and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't skip dessert!BarryVIPDined on 6/21/2013This is one of our favorite restaurants although I wouldn't order the main course I had this time again. It was fine but not special (can't remember exactly but some kind of home made rigatoni that was awesome with something like mama's sauce, which was tasty but sparse. But their tiramasu is by far the best I've ever had . . . anywhere! Great wine list.Special Features:
- Felt little rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013The restaurant staff was friendly. The fried calamari and the string zucchini were very good. There were five in our party and the main dishes were very good. Two ordered filet mignon , one rabbit, one veal and one salmon. For desert we had tiramisu and chocolate cake with espresso. They were very good. We all felt rushed even though the restaurant was half full at that time. The minute one of us was close to being done the dish was taken away. I would certainly go back and if we felt rushed again i would cross it off the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at La MasseriaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2013Service is always the best. We were disappointed that we did not get our favorite waiter. Next time we will ask for him. Usually the food is outstanding. I just think we ordered the wrong things. The fried zucchini would have been better were it less greasy and the zucchini thicker. The salads are always wonderful no matter which one you order. The Branzino is always our favorite but on this particular evening it was overlooked. We did not have desert . We will be back!Special Features:
- Great food, but priceyJcosDined on 6/8/2013Food was very good, but quantities small. Fried zucchini appetizer was excellent. Service was fantastic. Pasta dishes were very good with homemade pasta. Prices very high on non pastas dishes. Great food, but not a great value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return to TuscanyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2013Lovely atmosphere. Great Stuffed Mozzarella, Filet of Sole and Chocolate Mousse. Must return to try other dishes. Friendly, attentive service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the 2nd time we wentJMROSEDined on 6/1/2013This was the 2nd time we went and it is fantastic.Food was excellent and the service was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfiedLover4foodDined on 6/1/2013We had a very good meal and bought a gift certificate for our friends as well. The food was top quality as well as the presentation. We had the first course of antipasto meats and cheeses,all top quality. My husband had the risotto which was very creative and unusual. He appreciated the the effort with the special effort of the chef with both flavor and texture. I had the special sole entree which was delicious and served with potato and green beans. We had the tasty gelato fro dessert to end a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!YumTumDined on 5/25/2013Wonderful Italian food, best we've had south of the North End & Federal Hill. Warm & friendly service. Cozy & small venue. Really enjoyed our time at La Masseria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well prepared food with prompt,vyakaVIPDined on 5/25/2013Well prepared food with prompt, hospitable service. Reasonably priced.Delicious pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible service, great foodupnatumDined on 5/24/2013I've been to La Masseria a few times. It is our "go to" place in East Greenwich. The atmosphere is country northern Italian. In an industry noted for turn-over, La Masseria keeps its staff. We've had the same waiter a couple times now. He's remarkably proficient at what he does. Gracious but not hovering. Food is outstanding in a northern Italian manner. No frou-frou here. If you're looking for a quieter meal, I recommend seating upstairs as the downstairs has an energetic bar scene.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2013Wonderful food and service. Be prepared to pay, but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy for any meaningfulSkeetDined on 5/23/2013Too noisy for any meaningful conversation with my guests. I was disappointed in that.Special Features:
- One of Rhode Island's finestMozziVIPDined on 5/21/2013We are very spoiled in RI with great restaurants of all kinds, but especially Italian. La Masseria has just incredible food each time I go and the special cheese selections they have on a daily basis makes it very exciting especially the Baratta Cheese! The pastas are outstanding and seafood and fish selections are tremendous. I often take business associates from out of town here and they always want to come back for the meatball appetizer, which they say is there favorite meatball ever or the amazing steaks and veal chops. You will always have a great dinning experience along with world class service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPrincesDined on 5/18/2013Never a bad meal. Service is tops and staff is knowledgeable of wine and food Only complaint? Always cold whether upstairs or down. Gals bring a sweater Noise level is high. When a table of 4 is between a table of 8 one side and 9 on The other, tough to hear our own conversation. Still will be our go to place for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific little place!QuasimodoDined on 5/18/2013Three of us arrived at 5:00pm on a Saturday for dinner. We had made reservations (strongly recommended) and were seated immediately. The service (and especially our waiter, Matt) were fast and yet when we requested some time between choosing the entrees while having our appetizers we were left alone to enjoy the delicious starters until after the dishes were cleared and Matt arrived to take our orders. Superb meal. I recommend the rabbit that has been slow cooked in a lovely tomato gravy (not thick at all but oh so tasty). The menu has something for everybody and we had no complaints at all. We have already made plans to return.Special Features:
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013We have been to La Masseria several times and have always enjoyed ourselves. On this visit, my wife and I were there with our 2 adult sons to celebrate Mothers Day. We had an excellent window table upstairs. The service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The food was wonderful and we enjoyed some very nice wine. The prices there are always reasonable for the quality of food and service received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Had a 630 reservation on others day. Still had to wait 1/2 hour for seat. restaurant was out of fish so I ordered a broccoli rabe dish. 10 minutes later waiter came and were out of rabe as well. At 7:00 PM om mothers day you were out of many entree items. Had a chicken dish that was mediocre as was my wifes sea bass. this is the first time in many time eating here I was very disappointed. Meal and service were poor. For $150 I felt like asking for my money backSpecial Features: