La Masseria RI
223 Main Street
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Masseria RI
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamasseriari.com/
- Phone: 4013980693
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Coladonato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for details.
- Private Party Contact: Andrea Minopoli 4013980693
A word from La Masseria RI
La Masseria Restaurant is inspired from ancient fortified farmhouses that in the Puglia Region of Italy are called “Masseria”. Executive Chef/Co-Owner, Pino Coladonato, grew up on a Farm in Puglia. He was forced to eat whatever was available but soon was tired of bean puree and decided to take matters into his own hands, creating new ways to use the same few ingredients. Now, with limitless ingredients to choose from, fava beans, chickpeas and lentils are still a core element in many of his entrees. Interior Designer Libby Langdon has created a warm, inviting dining atmosphere. Rustic and relaxed, with plenty of old world charm. Oversized iron sconces custom made from antique wrought iron gates punctuate the walls, and artful displays of antique farm tools mixed with various authentic Italian photographs all add to the farmhouse appeal. The wine list encompasses all regions of Italy with few of the best American and the rest of the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Masseria RI - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
La Masseria RI reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (44)romantic (36)notable wine list (24)hot spot (17)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Saturday NightKBL1954VIPDined on 4/19/2014We had dinner reservations for 8pm on Saturday night. We arrived about 30 minutes early and had a drink at the bar. Small bar so we ended up standing. We were seated at our table right on time. Our waiter was very friendly and more importantly, knowledgeable about the specials and wines. He suggested a nice Pino Noir. Both entrees were outstanding and reasonably priced. All and all it was a pleasant experience and we certianly will be back.Special Features:
- Very Good FoodJMROSEDined on 4/19/2014We have been a few times and always very good food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal and service -a fav!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/18/2014La Masseria was wonderful as usual -great food, service and environment. This is a restaurant with consistently good food, attentive friendly service and just the right balance of comfort and polish. A definite recommendation for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at La MasseriaDebbieDined on 4/16/2014La Masseria is a great Italian restaurant set in the quaint town of East Greenwich, RI. I had been to their NYC location and thought I'd try this one. It exceeded expectations - food, service and atmosphere are all well done. The staff is attentive which makes for a great, relaxing night out. I highly recommend this spot for any occasion where you want great food and hospitality!Special Features:
- PickydinerVIPDined on 4/13/2014Whenever our son comes home from college, he requests that we have a family dinner at La Masseria because the food is so delicious and the service is consistently excellent. He lives in New Orleans and has his pick of amazing restaurants, but La Masseria continues to be his first choice when he returns to RI. We are fortunate to have this fine restaurant in our neighborhood. One of the things I love most about dining at La Masseria is how we are greeted as good friends when we arrive. Jose and the other hosts seem genuinely happy to see us and go out of their way to make sure we have a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- One of my favorite RI RestaurantsEdKalDined on 4/13/2014This was probably our 7th or 8th visit over the past few years. We might get there more often, except it is about 45 minutes from us and there are some other good restaurants in our rotation. This is very good and creative Italian food. Not just red sauce Italian that you can find many places. We were there for a Sunday lunch and it was not crowded. Service was fine, but maybe not quite as good as in the past. But no real complaints. On a par with Siena, and Pane E Vino, if you are familiar with those other good spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend the rabbit.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2014Highly recommend the rabbit. It is one of my favorite dishes. I actually got one of the specials which was a fresh fettucine with a wild boar ragout which was outstanding. 3 diners at our table (out of 7) got the rabbit and cleaned their plates. Our waiter, Joe was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainMattVIPDined on 4/1/2014As usual we had a great experience. We had an appetizer, a pasta. and a whole fish entree. Everything prepared with wxcellence and great service.Special Features:
- Always Fantastic!!!!!FredFoxxDined on 3/28/2014I've been here many times! Everything is always awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/23/2014Another excellent experience from start to finish. A more calm Sunday evening is a nice change.Special Features:
- La MasseriaRodgerDined on 3/22/2014La Masseria is one of the best Italian restaurants in RI. We have eaten there at least three times and have always been very happy with our experience.Special Features:
- Slightly disappointed!NicoleDined on 3/1/2014It was my second time at la Masseria. Service was better the first time I attended, but still good. The food was excellent. With the exception of two bones in my fish!! Very disappointing! When my plate was cleared I asked for a new napkin , seeing I had to use my existing one to discreetly spit out the bones. I did receive apology from the bus person and waiter. However, with just having and 180.00 dinner with my husband I would have expected alittle more acknowledgment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor!mazczDined on 2/20/2014I could not have been more disappointed with my birthday dinner at La Masseria. The waiter's lack of knowledge about the menu and inability to answer even the most basic questions about particular dishes were bad enough, but to display his lack of expertise whith a tremendously rude attitude was unacceptable. Finally, pasta at a quality Italian restaurant should be cooked to perfection. Mine, sticly and overcooked, certainly was not . I will not be a repeat customer.Special Features:
- A Perfect BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014My husband and 13 year old daughter took me to La Masseria in RI for my birthday. Service was fantastic, the food was phenomenal and the atmosphere was cozy and romantic. Our waiter was fun, with a professional demeanor, and he treated my 13 year old as though she were an adult, with great respect and spoke directly to her. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that enjoys incredible food. The only downfall is that it is not very affordable for the average person, so our visits will have to be limited to very special occasions, which is a disappointment as we live close enough to visit quite regularly.Special Features:
- Loved it so much we made aOllieDined on 2/16/2014Loved it so much we made a reservation at its NYC location for Mothers Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/15/2014Always a great dining experience. This one was yet another! Food was excellent including some new items that we had not tried previously. Never a mistake to dine here; either at the bar or in one of the dining rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great waiter,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2014Great food, great waiter, great service. Fantastic eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findExcellentDined on 2/7/2014My wife and I found this gem of a great Italian restaurant on Open Table and decided to give it a try. We were seated upstairs where it is much quitter than downstairs, but also more romantic. The food and the service were outstanding. The restaurant has a great wine list and a number of specials every night. One drawback to the restaurant is the lack of visible parking so especially when there are piles of snow on the street and curbside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best when not busyOutsideDined on 2/1/2014This is a very good country/Tuscan Italian restaurant. Hand made pastas, locally sourced ingredients, and personal attention. Warm atmosphere. Really a very good local Italian trattoria. The attention to detail, and preparation, is better on slower evenings. Portions are not large, and it can result in an expensive evening, as appetizers, salads, etc. are a must if wishing to leave satisfied -- and I'm not a big eater. Still, one of my favorites,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBaronessDined on 2/1/2014We took my mom and family here to celebrate her birthday (8 people). Table was a round table (a little crowded) in the corner upstairs. Because we were sort of isolated, I missed the ambiance I remembered from dinner with my boyfriend last year downstairs, but all was okay. Our waiter was friendly and accommodating to special requests (two children-ages 10 and 12) and substitutions (special diets). Food was excellent, we still rave about the ravioli with egg yolk that we insisted my mother must try after we enjoyed it so much last year. The best part was the surprise ricotta pie served to my mom for a birthday dessert, with candle. None of us admits to asking for it, so the waiter must have done it himself. Excellent meal, service, again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurant, greatRIerDined on 1/26/2014Very good restaurant, great food, great service. Only challenge was the lighting, hard to read the menu, even with glasses. Would recommend - a bit pricey for Rhode Island, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experienceSouthiedrumsVIPDined on 1/24/2014I came in with my wife for dinner while we were in town for the night, and was very impressed with the feel and warmth of this place. We sat upstairs where its a bit more suited for conversation. There service was spot on, and unhurried. Our server was very friendly, but not overly. The food was expertly executed. We had the Clams Casino appetizer special, as well as the meatballs. Both were delicious, and I highly recommend. We then each had salads...both fresh, and lightly dressed. For entrees, my wife had the Linguine w/ White Clams Sauce, and I had the Rib Eye. Arguably one of the best steaks, both in quality and preparation, I have ever tasted. It simply melted in my mouth. Decent wine list too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied menu. Great experience!MattVIPDined on 1/24/2014With a very varied menu, all the meals were prepared and served with excellence in a family style feeling. We started with the grilled baby octopus/cuttlefish and beef carpacio appetizers. Our entrees were the baked rabbit dish (which was the best we ever had) and a black cod special. The service was very excellent with great advise on wine selections.Special Features:
- Bones in our fishOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/4/2014We decided to give La Masseria another try as our previous experience was lackluster. We can jump right to the issue which is the food. My girlfriend had the Branzino which was loaded with pin bones. While i understand there are times you will encounter a bone in your fish it should not be every bite. My dish was under seasoned and the chicken pieces were fatty. The waiter came over and took the fish away and offered something else which my girlfriend declined. Without us asking he removed this from the bill. We were blown away that a manager did not come over and apologize to us for this experience. I am all set as there are so many excellent choices in the area to dine.
- Great place for dinnerms2thdrDined on 1/4/2014We went out to dinner here with some friends and the food was great, the wine list was very nice the only problem was the lights kept flickering on and off, they apparently have some type of electrical problem, other than that it was a fine experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new East Greenwich faveRhodeIslandRedDined on 1/3/2014We went for our anniversary in December and back again a few days ago. It's THAT good. Very authentic Italian, fresh and homemade, every bite delish. The service is wonderful and we will recommend la Masseria to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!pvdfoodieDined on 12/31/2013This place is a staple for us. We go here weekly and love the service, atmosphere, food, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very well managed restaurantsborsherDined on 12/31/2013The service was what I had always hoped for, but never expected to experience. Every floor person, including managers, made sure that we had everything we needed. They would just zip in, do what was necessary, and zip out. This restaurant originated in NYC, and it has that sort of New York minute feel; but that could have been exaggerated because it was New Year's Eve and they were turning tables over immediately. The menu items are well selected, and food was delicious. The wine list offers many good choices, with many excellent wines available by the glass.Special Features:
- The food is excellent, thepoppyDined on 12/31/2013The food is excellent, the service was outstanding and it was a wonderful and enjoyable evening. The only problem was we were seated in the bar which is much too noisy. But we had a splendid evening and we will be back because the restaurant is one of the best in Rhode Island and reasonably priced for what you provide. Garrett HunterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a large group on ChristmasDelGiudiceVIPDined on 12/24/2013Had a large group on Christmas Eve, the dinner outstanding!!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner1mamalaehDined on 12/20/2013We went there for our 27tb wedding anniversary. The food was amazing - everything was delicious! This is the real deal! I felt like I was in italy. Service was great, atmosphere was lovely, everything was perfect. This will definitely be our go to for local great Italian food!Special Features:
- Worth every pennyRoccoDined on 12/13/2013Every time I eat here it is always spot on. Very busy, but the staff is there to serve. Food is always delicious, & the wine list is just the right size and a great combination of Italian and California wines. Get there and try it out. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/5/2013This restaurant was outstanding all around. The noise level downstairs was high but we were seated upstairs with a quaint view of Main Street. Being in NYC the restaurants are small and loud but that's what the city is like. The maître di is Italian and very sweet and our waiter was entertaining and at the same time very knowledgable about the menu and wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fourth time dining here andLivyluDined on 11/30/2013Fourth time dining here and always fabulous! Outstanding service, food is so fresh and delicious. Had the portabella mushroom and beet salad and the whole sea bass that was filleted before serving..it was Amazing! As always we all left room for dessert because the cheesecake is the most unique and delicious you will find anywhere . Like a cross between cheesecake and creme brûlée . Can't wait to go back. If you are the type who goes to an Italian resturant and always gets the chicken parm, this is probably not for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. TheopalDined on 11/19/2013The food was delicious. The Cheesecake was amazing - light. The server, Israel, was excellent. Attentive but not intrusvie.. The owner would stop at the table. What you expect from a high end restraurant but this is at reasonable pricing. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was tasty. I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013The food was tasty. I had rabbit which was good but the vegetables on my plate and my wife's plate were at best warm to cool in temp.My wife had veal which was good but not great. Service was good. We had Collin for a waiter. For an appetizer we had oyster Rockefeller's.. This I was very disappointed. It appeared there was a little cheese and some spinach. Maybe this is your recipe, but I am used to having a little bacon,scallions, more cheese and not burned to a crisp on the bottom.. Possibly the chef was having an off day which many of us do. We will try it again in the future. Hoefully it will be a better experience and we can honsetly tell people that it was excellent.... thank you for your time
- Great service; delicious entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2013La Masseria is clearly a neighborhood gem. Tasty dishes, decent portions. (Not for foodies who would like abundant food with leftovers, too) Comfortable atmosphere and great service. Visit for special occasions or a departure from run-of-the-mill dining. Signature vanilla-flavored ricotta cheese cake dessert was a big hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLollyDined on 11/2/2013Going to LaMasseria brings back memories of a visit to Rome. Delicious Italian food and friendly attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday to memalfDined on 11/1/2013As usual the food was outstanding. That said, the waiter was brusque, condescending. He made us feel uncomfortable with a special request. Then he went on to tell us that the bottle of wine we paid $56 for could be bought down the street for $18. We weren't rushed but we didn't leave with best experience.Special Features:
- La Masseria serves a great lunchRhodylannDined on 11/1/2013It can be difficult to find a decent lunch spot in East Greenwich, RI, as many of the better restaurants are open only for dinner. La Masseria is a lunch-time gem. A variety of salads, panini, pasta, pizzas and smaller size entrees are always available, plus the selection of daily specials, including a homemade soup of the day, numbers a dozen or so. Lunch prices are quite reasonable as well. A special treat was the platter of beef carpaccio with shaved parmesan and arugula rarely seen on a lunch menu. You will be proud to take a friend or business associate to lunch here. I can't wait to go back to try La Masseria for dinner.Special Features: