7565 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, OH 45236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://triobistro.com/
- Phone: 5139841905x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm; Sunday Omelet Station: 10:30am - 1:30pm: Lunch until 4p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Adam Wylie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Trio To Go? Let us know if you would like your favorite dishes to go!
- Special Events: Trio has an elegantly appointed dining room for private events. The Veranda seats up to 75 and can be divided with a sound proof wall to host smaller groups. Prefect for Cocktail Receptions, Celebration Dinners, Showers, Seminars, and Luncheons. House audio visual includes 50" Smart TV's, WIFI, Laser Pointer, Wired Mic.
A word from TRIO
Trio, one of Cincinnati's favorite restaurants for over 25 years, is known for serving fresh seafood daily, along with great steaks, extraordinary pasta dishes, generous portions of specialty salads, California style pizzas, & a wide range of sandwiches. Trio has become the hot spot of Cincinnati for its extensive wine list. Trio currently serves over 30 different wines by the glass, offering the best California wines by the glass or bottle. During the spring, summer & fall Trio diners may prefer to dine in the Veranda. Trio can accommodate private parties from 24 to 65 guests in one of the private dining rooms. Over the years Trio has received Cincinnati Magazine’s "Best Wine List", "Best Casual Service", "Best Entree", "Best Redesigned Restaurant in Cincinnati". Additionally, TRIO is Zagat rated "Best Casual Service" & "Excellent".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
TRIO reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (134)great for lunch (105)special occasion (91)fit for foodies (87)good for groups (63)notable wine list (57)romantic (38)great for brunch (32)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (20)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- eaterloveRuthsDined on 6/30/2014Trio is always a great spot to have a great meal with good service.Special Features:
- Consistent Service Food PreparationAllpaintedDined on 6/28/2014Trio is the first restaurant we visited when we moved to Cincinnati and it continues to be on our favorite list. We have never had a bad experience and our out of town guests are always treated to a meal here. The request is always the same--take us back to Trio when we visit again. My husband enjoys there fish. I like many of the appetizers/side dishes and if someone will share with me, the Prosciutto and Melon pizza--so good.Special Features:
- Neighborhood standby is s standoutKenwoodVIPDined on 6/28/2014We've been going there for well over 20 years. They rarely disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScampiliciouslynzloowhoDined on 6/27/2014Shared seafood scampi and a pizza. Pizza was just ok. The scampi, however, was amazing. The scallops were fantastic and I can't wait to come back and order just those!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We go to Trio on a monthly basis. The food is of such high quality and it's just relaxing environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was greatAugustDined on 6/26/2014This was a last minute reservation. The restaurant is great. The service impeccable. Would easily go there again for a nice lunch or dinner or for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great diningCajunMomVIPDined on 6/26/2014The food is excellent, always dependable. I met a friend here that I hadn't seen in a year, we had lots of catching up to do. We told our waitress we would be talking a lot, she was absolutely awesome. She told us the features then left us to talk. We told her when we were ready and she gave us excellent service. It was a week nite so we didn't feel that we were holding up a table and it could not have been a better nite for a chat session. The noise level was to where you could hold a conversation, not having to scream to be heard. Just a great place in our local area!Special Features:
- Trio - A Favorite RestaurantCincyFoodLoverDined on 6/26/2014We live close to Trio Bistro, and eat there about once a week. We love the fact that they are open all day, so if we want a late lunch at 3:30 PM, or an early dinner at 5:00 PM, we can dine when we choose. The food is consistently good, and service is always friendly and professional. Trio is a great place to meet with friends for lunch or dinner, or have a lunch or dinner meeting. The noise level allows for conversation, and seating is comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1313 reviews are from the TRIO reviews archive.
- Casual EleganceGerriHVIPDined on 6/22/2014A visit to Trio's always includes great food and service and it definitely held up to that standard. Brunch buffet and individual omelettes were great! However we were seated in the back room. There were several larger groups with a lot of noise and the windows were open on a quite humid day. So the 4 stars includes a bit of a ding for ambiance. But will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clarify what is being servedStanDDined on 6/21/2014The special on Saturday was halibut which my wife ordered, we found out when served it was "California" halibut, the server never mentioned "California" so my wife was disappointed. The server needed to check with the chef as to what she was actually serving. Need to be specific as the taste of the 2 types of fish is quite different. I ordered the French toast bread pudding for dessert, basically French toast with syrup. Don't call it bread pudding. All the other dishes we and our guests ordered were very good.Special Features:
- So reliable!RitaVIPDined on 6/21/2014Trio is a restaurant we have been going to for years. We always seem to have a great meal and a nice wine to complement whatever we choose to order. The menu and specials change just often enough to keep it interesting. Reservations are helpful here because the good service and the good food bring back a lot of regulars.Special Features:
- AwesomeFlexinDined on 6/21/2014Brought my husband here for his bday. Overall great experience. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALITTLE TOO EXPENSIVEPapaPhilandPapaPhil111111Dined on 6/20/2014Too expensive for the meal that was served. Service was not get. Two of the meals were incorrect nad one of the mixed drinks was not ordered properly. Waitress did not seem to know what she was doing.Special Features:
- Good: Very Good to ExcellentGreekDined on 6/19/2014Overall, I would say the dinning experience was very good. The front desk was very friendly; the wait staff attentive and the seating is very comfortable. The noise was sometimes a little elevated, but that is due (on this visit) to some patrons who are not very considerate of others and speak in elevated voices; with lots of laughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still One of the BestEnCCincyDined on 6/18/2014Trio has been serving up great, fresh, well flavored food for a very long time. The owner sets a high standard and his staff delivers. My parents, fiancé and I all had an enjoyable evening together. You can't go wrong with TRIO Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty & RelaxedMITIMANVIPDined on 6/17/2014Trio offers a casual environment (I wore shorts), but couples that with excellent food and white-tablecloth service. My diver scallops were some of the best I've had. My wife's chicken was tender and delicious. There is a good wine list at decent prices. Overall Trio was a most enjoyable place to dine.Special Features:
- Kenwood GemBrooDined on 6/15/2014Had a very pleasant Father's Day at Trio's- my husband had the Delmonico steak special and enjoyed it with the included corn and baked potato. However, I felt that the meat was not all that flavorful. I always enjoy the Trio's meatloaf, and they were very happy to sub out the vegetable selections to my taste. We shared the Key Lime pie- excellent with a delicious baked merengue. Staff was very attentive and supportive of my husband's mobility problems. With the parking lot so close to the entrance, this is a very convenient "nice" dining location for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Father's Day FindHappyFoodieof3VIPDined on 6/15/2014We wanted to go somewhere special for Fathers Day that would let my husband know how special he was at a quiet restaurant that wouldn't be oo noisy and would offer a special menu. We were able to order off of the menu, plus there was a menu o special items that we could select. The beet salad was wonderful! They had fish tacos as a special - wonderful as well! The service was perfect - very attentive, but not rushed at all. We tried the banana dessert - no too full - it was great. A pleasant alternative to something chocolate.Special Features:
- FIRST TIME...BUT NOT THE LAST TIMELIVINGSOCIALDined on 6/14/2014FIRST TIME WE ATE AT TRIO'S. WE BOUGHT A COUPON $40.00 FOR $20.00 ON LIVING SOCIAL BECAUSE WE LIKE TO TRY NEW PLACES THAT ARE FEATURED. WE HAVE HEARD OF TRIO'S FOR YEARS BUT HAD NEVER GONE. WE BROUGHT OUR 20 YEAR OLD SON WITH US TO CELEBRATE FATHER'S DAY. WE WERE VERY IMPRESSED - FOOD WAS GREAT AS WAS OUR WAITSTAFF. WE WILL BE BACK. THANKSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and Last visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014This was our first visit to Trio Bistro, and we will not be returning. The service was very good and very fast. But the mediocre food was really over priced. We left after dinner very unsatisfied. It wasn't worth the drive across town.
- Still great after all these years!COteamVIPDined on 6/13/2014I've eaten @Trio's for over 20 years and have never had a bad dining experience. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch with outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watloVIPDined on 6/12/2014Love going to Trio's. Never have a problem finding a dinner companion if I want to go to Trio's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend Trio's.KarenDined on 6/11/2014Enjoyed my first experience at Trio's. Would highly recommend to friends and plan to return myself again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evertime!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2014I love this restaurant, everytime I've eaten here it has been a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Special EveningCorrygirl52Dined on 6/8/2014We celebrated our anniversary there. We were seated immediately and admired the attractive decor of the restaurant. The food and wine were excellent. I enjoyed the halibut and my husband had a delicious pasta with shrimp. Service was great. I would definitely like to return to Trio's. It was a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2014I always enjoy Trios. I have been going there for over 30 years. I do a lot of carryout, at least once a week. I enjoy there saladsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio - ExcellentmelvinohioDined on 6/8/2014My wife and I (from Dayton) took our daughter and her beau (from Louisville) to "Trio" for a late Sunday lunch - our 2nd visit. The food was great, as were the drinks/wine/beer and the ambiance. Even bester was the service. We had a waitress who knew the menu and her job well. The management also helped us, as my wife is in a wheelchair. Looking for an excuse to go back again as soon as possible.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsChipDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant was so good. It is one of the best in the area and should not take a back seat to any restaurant. The wait staff was outstanding as well as the other staff. The food couldn't have been better. Anyone who dines here is in for a treat. I will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- good enoughhonestreviewsDined on 6/7/2014Our first time at Trio. It's a busy place. Not intimate, but not repelling. The menu is limited but the food is good. The service is also good, but there's a sense of pretention to the place that is hard to miss. As I walked to the car, I thought to myself that if Trio were as good as it thinks it is, that would have been a fantastic dinner. That being said, I didn't find it over priced. I would eat there again, but there are a lot of other places I'd try first. footnote: We visited Trio for our anniversary and informed them in advance about the occasion. They did nothing to make that special. That was disappointing. I've never had a restaurant fail that badly to at least try to make a special ocaission more, well, special.
- Not disappointed!GrouponerDined on 6/7/2014I have passed this restaurant dozens of times over the years and wondered how it was. Bought a Groupon to try it out with a friend and we were absolutely impressed with the friendliness/politeness of the staff, notably Carla, our server, and Juan, the sommalier. We were greeted, seated, order taken, food arrived, all very quickly. Restroom was spotless, ample parking. We will definitely go again, Groupon or no!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant and delicious!RedpoppyDined on 6/6/2014Trio is bustling and elegant. Service seemed just right. I tried the feature (fish tacos) and it was excellent. The fish was grilled and had a wonderful smoky flavor. Be sure to make a reservation, even for lunch.Special Features:
- Never Disapointing Lunch Place!LuvtodineoutVIPDined on 6/6/2014Trios's has the best service-team approach, friendly and inviting. I recently dined here twice in the past two weeks. The first time I had the fish lunch special-delicious. This past time the fish tacos were on special and also had the gazpacho-home runs! You can never go wrong dining here.Special Features:
- MoellerDined on 6/3/2014Not worth the money. The steak was tough and the constant noise was too much. The place could use an update on its look.
- Return visitHHIvacationerDined on 5/31/2014Had the halibut and lobster bisque which were great. My husband had the NY strip which he also enjoyed. Service was great, had a nice spacious booth, will definitely return. Good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food reviewGaryMDined on 5/31/2014Food is usually very good at Trios, however, the halibut special I ordered was cooked to the point that it was rather dry. My friend ordered steak and indicated that her's was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TriosJoeinKenwoodVIPDined on 5/31/2014Trios is a hidden gem in Kenwood. Great food, great atmosphere. Been there for years and only gets better. Service is always great!Special Features:
- Aways Great FoodJNF1VIPDined on 5/29/2014Where to go?? Trio's is the first answer is we are in the neighborhood! Great food, good price and lots of choices! This is not a hamburger place or a salad place, but you can get those...the fish is outstanding and as good as any place else in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always, a nice meal and evening.ThefamilyDined on 5/26/2014as always, a nice meal and evening, good food, good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014Food, service, and ambiance were all excellent this trip to Trio, never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014Dinner reservation for 2. Sat at a 6 top table. In the same area are 3 empty 2 tops and an empty 4 top. No music playing in the restaurant at all. Only thing you could hear was everyone elses conversation. Thai Pizza and Mexican Pizza were very good. They put an anchovie on the caesar salad without asking if it was desired, entire salad then taste of fish..