7565 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, OH 45236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://triobistro.com/
- Phone: 5139841905x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm; Sunday Omelet Station: 10:30am - 1:30pm: Lunch until 4p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Adam Wylie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Trio To Go? Let us know if you would like your favorite dishes to go!
- Special Events: Trio has an elegantly appointed dining room for private events. The Veranda seats up to 75 and can be divided with a sound proof wall to host smaller groups. Prefect for Cocktail Receptions, Celebration Dinners, Showers, Seminars, and Luncheons. House audio visual includes 50" Smart TV's, WIFI, Laser Pointer, Wired Mic.
A word from TRIO
Trio, one of Cincinnati's favorite restaurants for over 25 years, is known for serving fresh seafood daily, along with great steaks, extraordinary pasta dishes, generous portions of specialty salads, California style pizzas, & a wide range of sandwiches. Trio has become the hot spot of Cincinnati for its extensive wine list. Trio currently serves over 30 different wines by the glass, offering the best California wines by the glass or bottle. During the spring, summer & fall Trio diners may prefer to dine in the Veranda. Trio can accommodate private parties from 24 to 65 guests in one of the private dining rooms. Over the years Trio has received Cincinnati Magazine’s "Best Wine List", "Best Casual Service", "Best Entree", "Best Redesigned Restaurant in Cincinnati". Additionally, TRIO is Zagat rated "Best Casual Service" & "Excellent".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
TRIO reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (123)great for lunch (111)special occasion (98)fit for foodies (85)good for groups (59)notable wine list (50)romantic (41)great for brunch (41)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- Our Special EveningCorrygirl52Dined on 6/8/2014We celebrated our anniversary there. We were seated immediately and admired the attractive decor of the restaurant. The food and wine were excellent. I enjoyed the halibut and my husband had a delicious pasta with shrimp. Service was great. I would definitely like to return to Trio's. It was a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2014I always enjoy Trios. I have been going there for over 30 years. I do a lot of carryout, at least once a week. I enjoy there saladsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio - ExcellentmelvinohioDined on 6/8/2014My wife and I (from Dayton) took our daughter and her beau (from Louisville) to "Trio" for a late Sunday lunch - our 2nd visit. The food was great, as were the drinks/wine/beer and the ambiance. Even bester was the service. We had a waitress who knew the menu and her job well. The management also helped us, as my wife is in a wheelchair. Looking for an excuse to go back again as soon as possible.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsChipDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant was so good. It is one of the best in the area and should not take a back seat to any restaurant. The wait staff was outstanding as well as the other staff. The food couldn't have been better. Anyone who dines here is in for a treat. I will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- good enoughhonestreviewsDined on 6/7/2014Our first time at Trio. It's a busy place. Not intimate, but not repelling. The menu is limited but the food is good. The service is also good, but there's a sense of pretention to the place that is hard to miss. As I walked to the car, I thought to myself that if Trio were as good as it thinks it is, that would have been a fantastic dinner. That being said, I didn't find it over priced. I would eat there again, but there are a lot of other places I'd try first. footnote: We visited Trio for our anniversary and informed them in advance about the occasion. They did nothing to make that special. That was disappointing. I've never had a restaurant fail that badly to at least try to make a special ocaission more, well, special.
- Not disappointed!GrouponerDined on 6/7/2014I have passed this restaurant dozens of times over the years and wondered how it was. Bought a Groupon to try it out with a friend and we were absolutely impressed with the friendliness/politeness of the staff, notably Carla, our server, and Juan, the sommalier. We were greeted, seated, order taken, food arrived, all very quickly. Restroom was spotless, ample parking. We will definitely go again, Groupon or no!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant and delicious!RedpoppyDined on 6/6/2014Trio is bustling and elegant. Service seemed just right. I tried the feature (fish tacos) and it was excellent. The fish was grilled and had a wonderful smoky flavor. Be sure to make a reservation, even for lunch.Special Features:
- Never Disapointing Lunch Place!LuvtodineoutVIPDined on 6/6/2014Trios's has the best service-team approach, friendly and inviting. I recently dined here twice in the past two weeks. The first time I had the fish lunch special-delicious. This past time the fish tacos were on special and also had the gazpacho-home runs! You can never go wrong dining here.Special Features:
- MoellerDined on 6/3/2014Not worth the money. The steak was tough and the constant noise was too much. The place could use an update on its look.
- The following 1288 reviews are from the TRIO reviews archive.
- Return visitHHIvacationerDined on 5/31/2014Had the halibut and lobster bisque which were great. My husband had the NY strip which he also enjoyed. Service was great, had a nice spacious booth, will definitely return. Good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food reviewGaryMDined on 5/31/2014Food is usually very good at Trios, however, the halibut special I ordered was cooked to the point that it was rather dry. My friend ordered steak and indicated that her's was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TriosJoeinKenwoodVIPDined on 5/31/2014Trios is a hidden gem in Kenwood. Great food, great atmosphere. Been there for years and only gets better. Service is always great!Special Features:
- Aways Great FoodJNF1VIPDined on 5/29/2014Where to go?? Trio's is the first answer is we are in the neighborhood! Great food, good price and lots of choices! This is not a hamburger place or a salad place, but you can get those...the fish is outstanding and as good as any place else in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always, a nice meal and evening.ThefamilyDined on 5/26/2014as always, a nice meal and evening, good food, good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014Food, service, and ambiance were all excellent this trip to Trio, never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014Dinner reservation for 2. Sat at a 6 top table. In the same area are 3 empty 2 tops and an empty 4 top. No music playing in the restaurant at all. Only thing you could hear was everyone elses conversation. Thai Pizza and Mexican Pizza were very good. They put an anchovie on the caesar salad without asking if it was desired, entire salad then taste of fish..
- Great Neighborhood RestauranJJKCMKDined on 5/24/2014Friendly and knowledgeable wait staff...quiet atmosphere but not stuffy...delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedgolferVIPDined on 5/24/2014We love dining at Trios, but were disappointed this time. I had the halibut special. It was dry and flavor as just so-so. We ordered the chocolate cake with Kahlua sauce. The cake was very dry with little flavor and the sauce was so lightly drizzled on the top that is was barely there. My husband had the sea bass which was good. The server was great, I think her name was Kathy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again Trio deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Another great evening, great food! I ordered my favorite the sea bass and my husband ordered the veal marsala, which he said was superb! A friend of ours ordered halibut and a beet, watermelon salad that was stunning to look at. Yes I took a picture. ;-) We always request our server Brenden and as luck would have it he was working and provides such personal service with good conversation. Thanks you Brenden, we will see you again soon!Special Features:
- Nice lunch spotJazzyDined on 5/23/2014I always love Trios. I had two salads for lunch, both on the special menu. One was really notable, a beet salad with watermelon and arugala. Next time i will order two! I also like that I can order a nice wine at lunch in 3 oz size.Special Features:
- We were made to feel specialSophie0721Dined on 5/20/2014Had outstanding service. When Max, the manager heard we were headed to NYC this weekend he offered up several different restaurants to try. We felt he went over & above his call of duty. At the end of our meal we were GIVEN a crème brelee - outstanding also!!!Special Features:
- Yummy!DelishDined on 5/19/2014Wonderful dinner of beet salad and Mediterranean flatbread. Really great food, good service, and got to sit in booth by window on a beautiful day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR SPOTBASSOVIPDined on 5/18/2014THIS IS OUR FAVORITE SPOT, ATE HERE ON OUR WEDDING DAY AND EVERY MONTH THEREAFTER FOR MORE THAN TEN YEARSSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable date nightLovelandmomDined on 5/17/2014We went here for a date night with a living social coupon. I enjoyed two small plates (scallops and black grouper) and my husband enjoyed the meatloaf. The food was well prepared, tasty and good portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodFrankJudyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Consistently good food. Spring "special" small plates good addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dinnerLunchGuyDined on 5/16/2014Had dinner at Trio, one of our favorite Cincinnati restaurants. Celebrated our anniversary and had a great meal. Food, service, wine, and dessert were all terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityMarsieVIPDined on 5/16/2014I have eaten at Trio numerous times. They have definitely changed the quality of the food to the point of being in edible it was tasteless, tough, and reheated and over cooked. Another patron ordered steak rare and it came out well done and tough. They lowered their prices and are serving lesser quantity of food which is inferior qualitySpecial Features:
- mix food experienceDisappointedDined on 5/14/2014I had an excellent meal (sea bass and great rice and sauce). My wife's meal was a very bad salad with salmon, with the greens obviously old and a strange dry blob of goat cheese. Our appetizer was baked brie unlike any we've ever eaten (hard and overcooked) -- a view shared by our two dining companions. Our previous dining experience was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurebuckeyechemDined on 5/14/2014If you are near Kenwood and want a reliably good dinner, Trio's is the place to go. The atmosphere is relaxed, the décor pleasing, the wait staff is friendly and accommodating and the food is very good. Others must agree as it is usually pretty full no matter what day you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jack and Gerhard4SaturdayNightDinersVIPDined on 5/13/2014Great food, great service, value is unbeatable. Highly recommend for lunch for sure.Special Features:
- A Mother's Day EventBrianDined on 5/11/2014Other than 2 of the 4 plates that were on our table being dirty to begin our afternoon engagement the event went smoothly for our Mother's Day Party. The food was better than average and the service was exceptional. I highly recommend the Sea Bass. With drinks, tax and adequate tip for the 4 of us the bill came to an expected $240. It was a shame about the plates as it could have been a perfect day!Special Features:
- Why Not?msjwineDined on 5/11/2014Why not dine at Trio if thinking of fine dining in the area - quality of the food and presentation is comparable to the best, portions are somewhat larger, and given the reasonable price, excellent value without sacrificing anything. Assistance with wine selection, presentation and decanting of the wine, and service was top notch. Our waiter would do well in any fine dining restaurant here, or in Chicago. An enjoyable dining experience in every aspect, clearly well-managed with great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BruncherictDined on 5/11/2014We went for the mother's day brunch. The food was good but it was all very crowded and packed into a very small area. It was difficult to be able to see everything that was offered. Overall, it was very enjoyable.
- consistentSingVIPDined on 5/8/2014Always fresh and delicious.....my most favorite restaurant....easy to park, convenient, and friendly service....Special Features:
- some foods outstanding, not brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2014I have had outstanding lunches before especially your grouper sandwich. Your brunch however was mediocre at best. The ham was outstanding, bacon good, fruit ok not spectacular. Omelet was overcooked, potatoes underseasoned, sausage was cold. I went through the line, my sister went through the line and when I went back; the sterno under the sausage was out. That means that 15-20 people had cold sausage. Don't you think you should check things like that?????? That is not acceptable. I have had better brunches at hotels before. Suggestions- keep the line moving by having the omelet station last, add some different fruit like blueberries, crisp up your bacon, put salt on your potatoes, and by all means please check your sterno heat supply.Special Features:
- Wonderful Date NightMaryLDined on 5/3/2014Trio is a great place for date night, or for a great meal anytime! The service is impeccable, the food fresh, well-prepared, and wonderful. I love the understated atmosphere of Trio.. It is not flashy, but just perfect for a relaxing evening.Special Features:
- Always a sure betBessieDined on 5/3/2014The food is delicious, great ambience and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendsuniversityprofDined on 5/2/2014We were visiting with former students who lived out of town. We chose Trio because it was convenient to all parties involved. It turned out to be a great choice because the noise level was low so that we could talk without interruption. The food especially the flatbread was excellent. The service was particularly good. The waitress knew we were engaging in talk, and she paced herself so as not to interrupt the flow.Special Features:
- great mealmarissaDined on 5/2/2014Our table was ready upon arrival; very nice quiet spot in the restaurant. The service was excellent; the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Consistenly goodMarkFVIPDined on 5/1/2014My wife and I had a very nice lunch. Once and a while we like to spoil ourselves - and Triio's is a good place to do it.Special Features: