7565 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, OH 45236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://triobistro.com/
- Phone: 5139841905x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm; Sunday Omelet Station: 10:30am - 1:30pm: Lunch until 4p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Adam Wylie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Trio To Go? Let us know if you would like your favorite dishes to go!
- Special Events: Trio has an elegantly appointed dining room for private events. The Veranda seats up to 75 and can be divided with a sound proof wall to host smaller groups. Prefect for Cocktail Receptions, Celebration Dinners, Showers, Seminars, and Luncheons. House audio visual includes 50" Smart TV's, WIFI, Laser Pointer, Wired Mic.
A word from TRIO
Trio, one of Cincinnati's favorite restaurants for over 25 years, is known for serving fresh seafood daily, along with great steaks, extraordinary pasta dishes, generous portions of specialty salads, California style pizzas, & a wide range of sandwiches. Trio has become the hot spot of Cincinnati for its extensive wine list. Trio currently serves over 30 different wines by the glass, offering the best California wines by the glass or bottle. During the spring, summer & fall Trio diners may prefer to dine in the Veranda. Trio can accommodate private parties from 24 to 65 guests in one of the private dining rooms. Over the years Trio has received Cincinnati Magazine’s "Best Wine List", "Best Casual Service", "Best Entree", "Best Redesigned Restaurant in Cincinnati". Additionally, TRIO is Zagat rated "Best Casual Service" & "Excellent".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
TRIO reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (126)great for lunch (106)special occasion (100)fit for foodies (85)good for groups (57)notable wine list (52)romantic (43)great for brunch (42)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (1)Show More
- pattDined on 7/15/2014The food was delicious and the service excellent. I would have enjoyed sitting in the outside area but it was too busy for lunch the afternoon we were there.Special Features:
- great food!lizabeVIPDined on 7/14/2014Consistent quality, great service! Love the NY strip and seafood entrees. Would like to see 1/2 price wine back! That was nice to have on Mondays.Special Features:
- Always good food and ambienceReds2BengalsVIPDined on 7/14/2014Salads are exceptional and menu choices very good regardless of what you order. Best place for lunch or dinner in area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatCincyDinerVIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a good but not great dinner - the gnocchi with the vodka sauce was very good, and the meatloaf was also good. The baked Brie appetizer was uninspired and pricey at $13, however. Dessert was also forgettable, and service was friendly but not particularly attentive. Finally the wines by the glass were very expensive. Cincinnati's east side has better options at this price point.Special Features:
- wonderful fooddeedee123VIPDined on 7/13/2014The food and the service were great. Everyone was very kind and upbeat.Special Features:
- BonnAppetitDined on 7/12/2014Trio's never fails to be an excellent dining experience. We'd highly recommend this neighborhood restaurant! We'll be back for many more great meals.Special Features:
- BirthdayCelebrantDined on 7/11/2014It's always a great meal. Some of the other diners didn't feel obligated to get out of their sweat pants and tee shirts before showing up for dinner. Service and food are consistently superior.Special Features:
- Always Great Food and ServiceMontgomeryDined on 7/10/2014Great place for lunch or dining early and late. Friendly hosts, service staff and patrons..Delicious food, fish, beef, salads and pizza. Excellent desserts. Highly recommended to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheers for TRIOsJRodDined on 7/9/2014Had a fantastic anniversary dinner with special attention due to filling out open table request. Service and everything was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4SaturdayNightDinersVIPDined on 7/8/2014Food and service from Brad was great. Ambiance is terrific. Lots of choices for both food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great oasis!ScarletGrayDined on 7/2/2014Wonderful place to meet and enjoy a meal with friends!Special Features:
- eaterloveRuthsDined on 6/30/2014Trio is always a great spot to have a great meal with good service.Special Features:
- Consistent Service Food PreparationAllpaintedDined on 6/28/2014Trio is the first restaurant we visited when we moved to Cincinnati and it continues to be on our favorite list. We have never had a bad experience and our out of town guests are always treated to a meal here. The request is always the same--take us back to Trio when we visit again. My husband enjoys there fish. I like many of the appetizers/side dishes and if someone will share with me, the Prosciutto and Melon pizza--so good.Special Features:
- Neighborhood standby is s standoutKenwoodVIPDined on 6/28/2014We've been going there for well over 20 years. They rarely disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScampiliciouslynzloowhoDined on 6/27/2014Shared seafood scampi and a pizza. Pizza was just ok. The scampi, however, was amazing. The scallops were fantastic and I can't wait to come back and order just those!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We go to Trio on a monthly basis. The food is of such high quality and it's just relaxing environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was greatAugustDined on 6/26/2014This was a last minute reservation. The restaurant is great. The service impeccable. Would easily go there again for a nice lunch or dinner or for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great diningCajunMomVIPDined on 6/26/2014The food is excellent, always dependable. I met a friend here that I hadn't seen in a year, we had lots of catching up to do. We told our waitress we would be talking a lot, she was absolutely awesome. She told us the features then left us to talk. We told her when we were ready and she gave us excellent service. It was a week nite so we didn't feel that we were holding up a table and it could not have been a better nite for a chat session. The noise level was to where you could hold a conversation, not having to scream to be heard. Just a great place in our local area!Special Features:
- Trio - A Favorite RestaurantCincyFoodLoverDined on 6/26/2014We live close to Trio Bistro, and eat there about once a week. We love the fact that they are open all day, so if we want a late lunch at 3:30 PM, or an early dinner at 5:00 PM, we can dine when we choose. The food is consistently good, and service is always friendly and professional. Trio is a great place to meet with friends for lunch or dinner, or have a lunch or dinner meeting. The noise level allows for conversation, and seating is comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual EleganceGerriHVIPDined on 6/22/2014A visit to Trio's always includes great food and service and it definitely held up to that standard. Brunch buffet and individual omelettes were great! However we were seated in the back room. There were several larger groups with a lot of noise and the windows were open on a quite humid day. So the 4 stars includes a bit of a ding for ambiance. But will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clarify what is being servedStanDDined on 6/21/2014The special on Saturday was halibut which my wife ordered, we found out when served it was "California" halibut, the server never mentioned "California" so my wife was disappointed. The server needed to check with the chef as to what she was actually serving. Need to be specific as the taste of the 2 types of fish is quite different. I ordered the French toast bread pudding for dessert, basically French toast with syrup. Don't call it bread pudding. All the other dishes we and our guests ordered were very good.Special Features:
- So reliable!RitaDined on 6/21/2014Trio is a restaurant we have been going to for years. We always seem to have a great meal and a nice wine to complement whatever we choose to order. The menu and specials change just often enough to keep it interesting. Reservations are helpful here because the good service and the good food bring back a lot of regulars.Special Features:
- AwesomeFlexinDined on 6/21/2014Brought my husband here for his bday. Overall great experience. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALITTLE TOO EXPENSIVEPapaPhilandPapaPhil111111Dined on 6/20/2014Too expensive for the meal that was served. Service was not get. Two of the meals were incorrect nad one of the mixed drinks was not ordered properly. Waitress did not seem to know what she was doing.Special Features:
- Good: Very Good to ExcellentGreekDined on 6/19/2014Overall, I would say the dinning experience was very good. The front desk was very friendly; the wait staff attentive and the seating is very comfortable. The noise was sometimes a little elevated, but that is due (on this visit) to some patrons who are not very considerate of others and speak in elevated voices; with lots of laughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still One of the BestEnCCincyDined on 6/18/2014Trio has been serving up great, fresh, well flavored food for a very long time. The owner sets a high standard and his staff delivers. My parents, fiancé and I all had an enjoyable evening together. You can't go wrong with TRIO Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty & RelaxedMITIMANVIPDined on 6/17/2014Trio offers a casual environment (I wore shorts), but couples that with excellent food and white-tablecloth service. My diver scallops were some of the best I've had. My wife's chicken was tender and delicious. There is a good wine list at decent prices. Overall Trio was a most enjoyable place to dine.Special Features:
- Kenwood GemBrooDined on 6/15/2014Had a very pleasant Father's Day at Trio's- my husband had the Delmonico steak special and enjoyed it with the included corn and baked potato. However, I felt that the meat was not all that flavorful. I always enjoy the Trio's meatloaf, and they were very happy to sub out the vegetable selections to my taste. We shared the Key Lime pie- excellent with a delicious baked merengue. Staff was very attentive and supportive of my husband's mobility problems. With the parking lot so close to the entrance, this is a very convenient "nice" dining location for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Father's Day FindHappyFoodieof3VIPDined on 6/15/2014We wanted to go somewhere special for Fathers Day that would let my husband know how special he was at a quiet restaurant that wouldn't be oo noisy and would offer a special menu. We were able to order off of the menu, plus there was a menu o special items that we could select. The beet salad was wonderful! They had fish tacos as a special - wonderful as well! The service was perfect - very attentive, but not rushed at all. We tried the banana dessert - no too full - it was great. A pleasant alternative to something chocolate.Special Features:
- FIRST TIME...BUT NOT THE LAST TIMELIVINGSOCIALDined on 6/14/2014FIRST TIME WE ATE AT TRIO'S. WE BOUGHT A COUPON $40.00 FOR $20.00 ON LIVING SOCIAL BECAUSE WE LIKE TO TRY NEW PLACES THAT ARE FEATURED. WE HAVE HEARD OF TRIO'S FOR YEARS BUT HAD NEVER GONE. WE BROUGHT OUR 20 YEAR OLD SON WITH US TO CELEBRATE FATHER'S DAY. WE WERE VERY IMPRESSED - FOOD WAS GREAT AS WAS OUR WAITSTAFF. WE WILL BE BACK. THANKSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and Last visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014This was our first visit to Trio Bistro, and we will not be returning. The service was very good and very fast. But the mediocre food was really over priced. We left after dinner very unsatisfied. It wasn't worth the drive across town.
- Still great after all these years!COteamVIPDined on 6/13/2014I've eaten @Trio's for over 20 years and have never had a bad dining experience. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch with outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watloVIPDined on 6/12/2014Love going to Trio's. Never have a problem finding a dinner companion if I want to go to Trio's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend Trio's.KarenDined on 6/11/2014Enjoyed my first experience at Trio's. Would highly recommend to friends and plan to return myself again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evertime!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2014I love this restaurant, everytime I've eaten here it has been a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Special EveningCorrygirl52Dined on 6/8/2014We celebrated our anniversary there. We were seated immediately and admired the attractive decor of the restaurant. The food and wine were excellent. I enjoyed the halibut and my husband had a delicious pasta with shrimp. Service was great. I would definitely like to return to Trio's. It was a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2014I always enjoy Trios. I have been going there for over 30 years. I do a lot of carryout, at least once a week. I enjoy there saladsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio - ExcellentmelvinohioDined on 6/8/2014My wife and I (from Dayton) took our daughter and her beau (from Louisville) to "Trio" for a late Sunday lunch - our 2nd visit. The food was great, as were the drinks/wine/beer and the ambiance. Even bester was the service. We had a waitress who knew the menu and her job well. The management also helped us, as my wife is in a wheelchair. Looking for an excuse to go back again as soon as possible.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsChipDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant was so good. It is one of the best in the area and should not take a back seat to any restaurant. The wait staff was outstanding as well as the other staff. The food couldn't have been better. Anyone who dines here is in for a treat. I will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- good enoughhonestreviewsDined on 6/7/2014Our first time at Trio. It's a busy place. Not intimate, but not repelling. The menu is limited but the food is good. The service is also good, but there's a sense of pretention to the place that is hard to miss. As I walked to the car, I thought to myself that if Trio were as good as it thinks it is, that would have been a fantastic dinner. That being said, I didn't find it over priced. I would eat there again, but there are a lot of other places I'd try first. footnote: We visited Trio for our anniversary and informed them in advance about the occasion. They did nothing to make that special. That was disappointing. I've never had a restaurant fail that badly to at least try to make a special ocaission more, well, special.