225 Alameda Del Prado
Novato, CA 94949Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfoxrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4158839125
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 4:30pm-10:00pm
Happy Hour is now 7 days a week!!
3:00-6:00pm in our Bar and Lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Munther Massarweh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accommodate large parties in the dining room up to 25 people. The Patio can seat up to 50 people. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Massarweh 4158839125
- Entertainment: Offing Cigar smoking patio.
A word from Wildfox
Munther and Debbie Massarweh invite you to join them at Wildfox, a rustic mesquite-fired kitchen serving American comfort food. The menu features grilled chops, aged steaks, prime rib, burgers and fish with daily chef specials. The restaurant features include a patio, fireplaces, full bar and cocktail lounge. Enjoy the extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Wildfox - Best Restaurants in Novato ›
Wildfox reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (22)special occasion (22)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (13)romantic (9)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- disappointed94549NBDined on 11/19/2013Food was just ok. Had wanted to try it for years and it did not live up to the hype built up. Ordered a French dip to go and when I got home realized they forgot my side of fries and the sandwich really looked sad. Not much meat, overcooked, dry, yuk. AND there wasn't any au jus to re-animate it so i just tossed it to my dogs. My kids who love French dips wouldn't touch it. I know that french dips don't travel well but this could have been much better. Sorry, just telling it like it is.Special Features:
- Worth the driveMargie43VIPDined on 11/17/2013We were there when the doors opened for brunch Sunday at 10:30. The server was excellent. I added a few ingredients to my omelette which was fine with the kitchen. It was delic! They did a perfect job. My husband had the huevos rancheros which were deconstructed. He thought they were the best. We'll be back. A very nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodNyambuDined on 11/16/2013We went here for dinner for my birthday and truly loved it. The service was great, the ambiance was good and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverchargedOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 11/14/2013I ordered the (chicken) risotto. It came with a prawn on top. I said I did not order the prawn risotto and the server was adamant this was the only risotto they have. I ended up having them take off the prawn and looking up the menu online in my phone and of course I was correct. Paying 4 dollars more for an entree that I did not want to argue about did not make my lunch experience fun.Special Features:
- I like the way it has beenDaveDined on 11/4/2013I like the way it has been remodeled to give a more open feeling. The food and Service was outstanding. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OddKismetVIPDined on 11/1/2013the wine was served in a very large glass and it appeared that they had not really give a good portion of it; when it was served. a poor choice of glassware in my opinion despite manager's explanation. the appetizer was excellent. Entree was served on very large plates. the portions, again, were small. i ordered scallops and asked if they were bay or sea and was told they were bay. the were sea scallops. After complaining, they brought two more, which should really have been there in the first place. the taste of the food was excellent; service delightful; noise level high. we would come again, but would be very cautious about what we ordered and ask a lot more questions, hopefully to be given the correct answers in the first place.Special Features:
- Warm and invitingGigiRayVIPDined on 10/31/2013A hidden gem with a small sign under the hotel sign. It's up on a slight hill hidden by trees a hotel. Don't miss it. Wild fox is a great place to meet for lunch or dinner. It is a good middle point for meeting someone from Santa Rosa, Sonoma, Peraluma if you are in Marin. The menu is varied - something for everyone. I had a delicious Cod Fish N Chips that was very good. And the service was nice and patient and allowed my girlfriend and I to linger and chat. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting betterJohnVIPDined on 10/27/2013We visit the Wildfox frequently because our son lives in Novato. Our visit tonight was probably our best. My wife had mussels, I had tomato soup and "giant prawn" pasta, and my son had his usual giant hamburger and fries that can feed an army. It was all good. My soup was not exactly a classic tomato soup, but was excellent. The prawns on my pasta were done perfectly, and the pomodoro pasta was full of flavor....I especially liked the touch of scallions. All in all a wonderful meal, very friendly service, and pleasant hunting lodge ambience. We eat early on Sunday, and in the past the place only started to fill up while we ate. Tonight we were surprised by a good crowd when we walked in. It must be catching on as a good place to eat.Special Features:
- great meal.tikidadDined on 10/26/2013we got there early,we ate outside in a beautiful heated patio,,,brussel sprouts,short ribs....fish and chips..wonderful salmon and prime rib. great fun server...just an absolutely wonderful meal
- Only One Thing Was a MinusFoodieforlifeDined on 10/26/2013Met some friends for dinner. Wait staff (our waitress) was great. Food was excellent, great portions, good service (as far as time between ordering and getting our food), overall ambience very good, bus staff overly grabby and tried to take plates several times when we were not done with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReturneesfoodaholicDined on 10/25/2013We often choose this restaurant. It is always reliable for good food, service, etc. Can get very loud on the weekends! It has a nice covered indoor-outdoor patio area. Good freeway access.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for business lunchNicknameDined on 10/24/2013Wide range of food choices, great service, quiet place to have a business meeting in North Marin County.
- Always Great!!MisterADined on 10/23/2013Wildfox always tantilizes our palets! The food is always great!! I had the peppered steak with horseraddish sauce with a baby spinich salad and fries and a side of there bacon sautéed Brussel sprouts with Gorgonzola and toasted almonds! Our appetizer consisted of cheese rissoto balls with the buffalo ranch dipping sauce!! Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTallguyDined on 10/19/2013The Wildfox was an exceptional dining experience...from the wait staff to the service to the dinner. All top-notch. Will return with more friends to spread the wordSpecial Features:
- Had a great night at WildfoxJiffnTeffDined on 10/18/2013I really enjoyed my experience at Wildfox. The staff was really friendly and made my date and I feel at ease. I loved the outdoor fireplaces, etc. Thanks for making my first date memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the appetizersFrankieVIPDined on 10/15/2013I go here with a professional group for celebratory dinners once or twice a year. We have found that ordering a lot of appetizers is a tasty and economical option; everybody's happy! Their appetizers are actually more foodie than their entrees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all goodmanNicknameDined on 10/12/2013Everything was great. Hostesses, table, waitress, food, price, etc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably good steaksjscotchDined on 10/9/2013In particular the filet mignon - almost able to cut it with a fork and cooked to perfection. Well worth the price.Special Features:
- Good steaksJohnVIPDined on 10/6/2013We eat at the Wildfox fairly regularly because it is near our son in Novato. All our meals have been very good, and the service has been very friendly. As the name might suggest the ambience is dark hunting lodge. We eat early so the noise level has been low, but once the bar fills up I suspect it becomes more "energetic". Their hamburger is enough to feed two, the steaks are excellent, I have had an excellent southwestern salad, and my wife seemed to thoroughly enjoy her fish and chips on our last visit. The house wines are very reasonable.....at least for Marin.Special Features:
- Fun Lunch with FriendsCKinMarinVIPDined on 10/4/2013Met a group of girlfriends for a birthday celebration and had a delicious lunch. Best starter was the brussel sprouts - delicious. All the salads were good as was the chicken rice bowl. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will try it againMargie43VIPDined on 9/22/2013I had the Asian beef salad and it was very good however it was over dressed. My hubby's fish and chips were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below expectationsPaleomanDined on 9/15/2013We went to Wildfox on recommendations from a couple friends, and after reading reviews here. I was fairly disappointed with the food, which seemed nothing special given the moderate to high prices. We left agreeing we would probably not return.
- QualityRandyDined on 9/8/2013First class food and service, well presented and staff is very goodSpecial Features:
- Great for lunchLunchGoerVIPDined on 9/6/2013Had good service: waitress knew the menu and suggested a delicious lunch-salmon cob salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice menu, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2013Good menu selections. We had a late lunch, so ordered salads, appetizers, drinks land dessert. Had a pleasant outside table on an enclosed patio. Great service. Handy for Best Western guests across parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were verytigerDined on 8/30/2013Food and service were very good. Patio dining is so far from the kitchen in many restaurants that service slips but @ Wild Fox patio service continued @ a very high level. KudosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfox has changedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2013Haven't been at Wildfox for quite a while. The service was so-so, but the food was not delicious at all. What's happened there?
- QualityRandyDined on 8/11/2013Just gets better each time, excellent service and foodSpecial Features:
- Our food was good, but weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2013Our food was good, but we were put in a back room with two large groups with several kids and it got very noisy - kids were running around after dinner. We were there with good friends from East Coast and it was difficult to hear sometimes.Special Features:
- Good friends, Good foodCKinMarinVIPDined on 7/27/2013Had a great lunch here with a large group of 14. Service was great and food was tasty as always. One of our local favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delicious time!donasopranoDined on 7/20/2013This was not our first time here but our first time dining in the outdoor area. It was a warm, lovely summer night and very enjoyable. The drinks menu is always fun and I love the menu's variety. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- We hadn't been to WildfoxfoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2013We hadn't been to Wildfox in a few years because we moved from the area. The food was not as good as we remembered. With all the other options in the North Bay we don't have a desire to return.
- Good food and Happy HourDinerVIPDined on 7/12/2013We were staying at Novato Oaks Hotel next door, so decided to try Wild Fox. We loved it, and went back several times. The Happy Hour is now daily (not just weekdays) from 4-6, with 1/2 price pizzas and appetizers. There is a lovely outside patio. Service is friendly. Excellent choice.Special Features:
- Can't go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/12/2013I always love this place. The service is totally reliably good. Even the continuity of the wait staff and hostessing makes any guest feel welcomed. The food is different, plentiful and very tasty. It is one of my all time favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hh spot?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2013Seemed like they drew a good hh crowd and had some good specials. We were there for an early dinner while travelling through the area. Had potsticker appetizer, salmon and burger. Food was good but not standout. Noisy location right off the freeway took away from the ambiance. Not a bad experience overall and would probably give it another try if we were local.
- Excellent Happy hour menu!!!MunchiesDined on 7/9/2013Excellent Happy hour menu!!! Great cocktails and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerdraculaDined on 7/7/2013Nice property, service wise needs improvement, waitress too pushy, the chef needs to pay attention to the quality and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've enjoyed Wild Fox onOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2013We've enjoyed Wild Fox on many family occasions. Our out-of-town guests are always happy with the meals (love the sundaes w/ marshmallows!!) & service. Loved the wine & our server was charming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliably good. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/6/2013Always reliably good. Good service is their signature for me besides their amazing Greek salad. Best in Marin!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still awfulappleVIPDined on 6/29/2013Tried this place 2 years ago. Very bad food. Thought just maybe it would get better. We live in Novato and hoped it would. my husband ordered the $50.00 rib eye. It was so thin it was curled up on the plate. It was ordered rare and was well done. My $49.00 New York was so full of gristle that you could barely cut it. again ordered rare and was medium well. The menu states that the steaks are hand picked for superior quality by their "steak expert". Waiter said they were precut from supplier in freezer wrap. All in all an expensive meal that was truly inedible. Paid the bill and they will never see us again.