225 Alameda Del Prado
Novato, CA 94949Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfoxrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4158839125
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 4:30pm-10:00pm
Happy Hour is now 7 days a week!!
3:00-6:00pm in our Bar and Lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Munther Massarweh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accommodate large parties in the dining room up to 25 people. The Patio can seat up to 50 people. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Massarweh 4158839125
- Entertainment: Offing Cigar smoking patio.
A word from Wildfox
Munther and Debbie Massarweh invite you to join them at Wildfox, a rustic mesquite-fired kitchen serving American comfort food. The menu features grilled chops, aged steaks, prime rib, burgers and fish with daily chef specials. The restaurant features include a patio, fireplaces, full bar and cocktail lounge. Enjoy the extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Wildfox - Best Restaurants in Novato ›
Wildfox reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (23)special occasion (22)great for outdoor dining (21)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (12)romantic (9)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- WildfoxMarcDined on 3/1/2014* Nice dining area * Excellent service from Gabe, our waiter * Nice wine list * Combination of papadum with salmon and albacore tuna poki style was a nice surprise * Braised short ribs were okay, but uninspiring * My wife enjoyed her giant prawn risotto * Overall, it was nice, but not great - deserving of a solid 3 stars
- Great food at reasonable pricebusyDDined on 2/27/2014We can always count on great food and a quiet enough atmosphere to conduct lunch meetings. And, at a good price for our nonprofit budget.Special Features:
- FOOD WAS GOOD BUT FOR A HALFOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/25/2014FOOD WAS GOOD BUT FOR A HALF EMPTY LUNCH HOUR THE SERVICE WAS LOUSY
- nice neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014There was seven of us. I called early to say we were celebrating a birthday & said they would they would take care of it. I told the waitress again, to remind her, but she either could not hear or did not listen. Our waitress, Crystal, seemed to be going through the motions. Rarely came back to table to check if everything was ok. Most of the entree's were average, brussels sprouts, the steaks, french fries, desserts were good. My ribs were ok, short ribs's sauce was a little salty, but most was just adequate and nothing special. I had hoped for the price and the ambience that the restaurant would have been better. Unfortunately, nothing would make, me, my friends, or family members, want to come back again.
- One of the best evenings ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/19/2014One of the best evenings of service. It is always good, but our server really made our meal better with his great attitude and sense of humor, but terrific serve.Special Features:
- VALENTINES DINNERLAURALEEDined on 2/15/2014My Husband and son had been here before with a large group of racers and have always raved about it. We decided to go here valentines weekend since we were doing a track day at Sonoma. Was just the 4 of us. Food was Very Good but a bit too salty! Service was very good and servers were prompt and courteous. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Good food, Service okayCKinMarinVIPDined on 2/15/2014Decided to give Wildfox another try after a recent experience during which we were seated at a bar table and pretty much forgotten. On that visit we had to flag down other staff to get our check 15 minutes after our table was cleared - one star for service that visit. This time the service was better and the food, especially the soups and delicious lamb shank, was very good. However, their way of having all different staff bring food, drinks, etc., is not working too well. The busboys are great, but above that it seems to fall apart. Not sure if we will return, though might do so for the food.Special Features:
- RevisitedLocalVIPDined on 2/15/2014On the recommendation from a friend, we retried Wildfox. It is close to the Civic Center where we were going to a show. We went early, but the place was already filling up. Prawns on risotto was good. ( Not to compare with Picco). Spouse had fish and chips that were good. I think it is known for steaks and next time we will try those. Lively bar area, dark wood, decor. Easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dayvickiDined on 2/14/2014All were attentive and quick. Menu varied. Reservation ready when we got thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for special ocasionsdraculaDined on 2/14/2014we had a table by the kitchen area and was traffic, noise, and the ventilation out of control, was blowing in my face. Food was good, the service clearly couldn't handle the crowd and time in between courses too long with no attention from the servers. Didn't see the manager around to check on customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the ladies!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/8/2014Took my mom, MIL and a friend of my mom's for lunch (MY birthday weekend, go figure). They really enjoyed themselves, and the food was good (we all had sandwiches, except for Auntie Terri who had a bowl of soup). Server was friendly and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place...tikidadDined on 2/1/2014great place,Scott was our server. Really open to our non carb needs. Great food…short ribs,prime rob, and the brussell sprouts are crazy good.
- Great foodJimmyRDined on 1/30/2014Had dinner here with my special sweetheart and had a wonderful time. Food was great as was service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would suggest you changeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014I would suggest you change the menu. Very disappointing meal. Service was fair. We were there January 5th and it was great. However, January 25th not the same.Special Features:
- Excellent service and good foodDittoDined on 1/24/2014Hostess was very accommodating and she customer oriented. We were early for our reservations and went to outside patio and had tables rearranged to accommodate 6. Held our res as we were running late and would check how we were doing time wise as she was holding a nice booth for us. Waiter was also excellent as he served us at patio and also inside restaurant. Good portions on meals and would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner!DateNightDinnerDined on 1/18/2014We had both dinner and brunch the next day while staying in Novato. Highly recommend the pork chop and seasoned brussel sprouts! Service and food outstanding! Seating in the back part of the restaurant by the fireplace was very romantic and warm and seemed quieter than other spots. Brunch outside by the fireplace was another hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!stagekatDined on 1/18/2014We have been eating at Wildfox for years. It is about 3 hours from our home, and we often go there when we are in the area especially for special occasions. Their menu is always changing and improving, and although we miss some of our favorites, like the lamb shanks, their new menu does not disappoint. The Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar and goat cheese are to die for - don't miss them! We hope to continue enjoying this fabulous restaurant for many years to come.Special Features:
- Very goodLuluDined on 1/17/2014Good food, good service and nice ambiance. It's casual dining with classy food.
- Great Find!FoodieforlifeDined on 1/12/2014I went to Wildfox with a small group. Only one of us had been there once before and had recommended it. Between the 4 of us, we got three different dishes (all meat dishes) and they were all perfectly cooked and seasoned. The service was excellent, the prices were fair and, since we got there before 6pm, we got lovely dinner salads and ice cream sundaes free with our entrees. Highly recommended - will definitely return and tell others about it. Easy to find - right off the 101 @ Alameda in Novato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Boca!DebbieVIPDined on 1/11/2014We went back to WIld Fox because Boca changed to a Tavern and the food selections aren't very good nor is the food at Boca Tavern. We had been to WF many times over the yrs and when Boca opened WF wasn't that good anymore. Well now WF is GREAT and BT is not good at all. We'll all go back to WF anytime now. Food selections are vast and the food was very good! We all loved it. It was our servers first day working so she was still learning so she wasn't familiar with most everything...we wondered why she was alone serving on her first day? that was odd. But overall it was great and all of us in our party will be back. All you Boca ppl this is your new go-to place for a good meal! Wild Fox has made a come back!
- Excellent new find in NovatoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/9/2014Tried Wildfox & discovered a wonderful new restaurant that had a patio w/working heat lamps. Food items: pastas and pizza were delicious & reasonably priced. Waiting to go back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with INNSightFrankODined on 1/9/2014The Salmon was amazing! My guest's hamburger looked delicious. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- A Great Find!treanaDined on 1/2/2014We so loved the food, service and restaurant :) We will make it a regular stop off Hwy 101Special Features:
- Great night outRobertaDined on 1/1/2014We had a lovely evening out with friends and enjoyed a nice meal and good service. I would recommend the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for a night outOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2013Food was great. Not rushed. Attentive server. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizers, salads andGidgetfoodieDined on 12/31/2013Great appetizers, salads and entrees, but need work on their pastries. Beautifully decorated for New Year's, and our waiter was a gem.Special Features:
- Novato NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/21/2013Wildfox is a nice upscale chain style restaurant with a comfortable ambiance. There are several choices for your dining experience, bar area, main dining room, additional dining room with fireplace and the outdoor dining with 2 fireplaces. First time here and had a Cobb salad which was good but over-dressed. Service was extremely friendly and competent. I would go back again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best in marin or anywhreDSandDined on 12/19/2013never disappoints always great must have the french onion soup !Special Features:
- DisappointingHappydiners2Dined on 12/17/2013Having had their Thai chicken at this restaurant previously and it was delicious I ordered it again this week. It was totally different. It was like little pieces of dry chicken with sauce on it that was not very good. Additionally it had barely any sauce on it and we had to order more to make it even edible. So I don't think I will be going back to this restaurant for at least a while.
- Another good dinnerJohnVIPDined on 12/15/2013We are regulars here, and the food is consistently good, the service friendly, and the ambience inviting. A good place.Special Features:
- DeliciousSuzieVIPDined on 12/13/2013The food was delicious as usual. We had a saon Cobb salad and a steak & frites. Would recommend the chef put a bit more "spinach salad" on the dish. Ours had about 10 spinach leaves (our waiter graciously brought more for us). Our waiter was excellent at looking at our cues on how to pace the meal and his attentiveness was right on.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodFoodie5VIPDined on 12/10/2013We have been to the Wild Fox many times and have never been disappointed. The Receptionist was extremely accommodating with an early arrival of a reservation and seated us in a quieter area of the restaurant due to larger parties in the main dining room. Service was excellent and definitely a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- My favorite place to meetOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/10/2013My favorite place to meet friends. I can always count on the service being good and the food to match. I have my favorites--the Greek grilled chicken salad is the best ANYWHERE!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, & Wine & ServiceexecDined on 12/10/2013Excellent Happy Hour and Options ... Although the main menu items and wine tempted us more ... Great Great Great waiter1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with friendssproutDined on 12/6/2013I made a reservation at this restaurant based on a friends recommendation. We had 4 ladies meeting for dinner with one Canine Companion puppy in training. We had a great dinner and excellent conversation. The noise level got a little high later in the evening but we could still converse. Our waiter was excellent. Our meals were delicious. They allowed the puppy in training and she was wonderful and slept under the table. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving at Wildfox!AlfaBMWGuyVIPDined on 11/28/2013We had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner at Wildfox - the food was excellent, the wait staff was cheerful and attentive, all good! Wildfox has become a real favorite for all manner of occasions and rendezvous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS LOVE GOING TO THE WILDKayJVIPDined on 11/26/2013ALWAYS LOVE GOING TO THE WILD FOX. MY VERY FAVORITE NEAR MY HOME. THE WAITERS ARE INCREDIBLE AND THE SERVICE IS THE BEST.....CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed94549NBDined on 11/19/2013Food was just ok. Had wanted to try it for years and it did not live up to the hype built up. Ordered a French dip to go and when I got home realized they forgot my side of fries and the sandwich really looked sad. Not much meat, overcooked, dry, yuk. AND there wasn't any au jus to re-animate it so i just tossed it to my dogs. My kids who love French dips wouldn't touch it. I know that french dips don't travel well but this could have been much better. Sorry, just telling it like it is.Special Features:
- Worth the driveMargie43VIPDined on 11/17/2013We were there when the doors opened for brunch Sunday at 10:30. The server was excellent. I added a few ingredients to my omelette which was fine with the kitchen. It was delic! They did a perfect job. My husband had the huevos rancheros which were deconstructed. He thought they were the best. We'll be back. A very nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodNyambuDined on 11/16/2013We went here for dinner for my birthday and truly loved it. The service was great, the ambiance was good and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.