225 Alameda Del Prado
Novato, CA 94949Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfoxrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4158839125
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 4:30pm-10:00pm
Happy Hour is now 7 days a week!!
3:00-6:00pm in our Bar and Lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Munther Massarweh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accommodate large parties in the dining room up to 25 people. The Patio can seat up to 50 people. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Massarweh 4158839125
- Entertainment: Offing Cigar smoking patio.
A word from Wildfox
Munther and Debbie Massarweh invite you to join them at Wildfox, a rustic mesquite-fired kitchen serving American comfort food. The menu features grilled chops, aged steaks, prime rib, burgers and fish with daily chef specials. The restaurant features include a patio, fireplaces, full bar and cocktail lounge. Enjoy the extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Wildfox - Best Restaurants in Novato ›
Wildfox reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (23)vibrant bar scene (21)good for groups (20)great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (16)romantic (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- The service is always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/7/2008The service is always excellent and the food very tasty. They have a great choice of items and I never tire of going there.Special Features:
- We were offered a table outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/30/2008We were offered a table outside that, I know, are generally given to people when they are busy or w/o reservations. There were plenty of tables when we asked to be seated inside. Service was very spotty. Food preparation very slow. We had to continually ask our server for things. Crab sandwich was very plain and un exciting. When we asked for the bill, he served coffee and dessert to another table before we had to give him a second reminder. We had to go to the front to get our own change. I am a local who was hosting friends from San Francisco. I have only experienced one good all-around experience at Wildfox. I will not go there again. We were there almost 2 hours and didn't even have dessert.
- Bartender must have been replaced.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/27/2008Bartender must have been replaced. The COSMO was so much better!
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2008Excellent food and service -- just too noisy to even hear others speak from across the table.Special Features:
- Food is fresh, hearty, andRudolphVIPDined on 4/23/2008Food is fresh, hearty, and hot. Enjoyed sitting with our group in the outside/inside portion of the patio, near the fireplace. Have to try sitting and eating at the bar next time, as I noticed a variety of dishes on their bar menu w/ good prices. I would visit this restaurant mostly on special occassions, as it does not compare to a local brewery...it's more of a classy environment. Therefore, one can spend quite a bit dining here.Special Features:
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/23/2008The service was excellent and the Greek Salad the best ever.Special Features:
- The food is very taste theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2008The food is very taste the drinks a 3 out of 5 - need a better set of talent at the bar - cosmo was only so-so.Special Features:
- We will not return to theOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/19/2008We will not return to the Wildfox....our last experience was fair and we decided to give it another try but all 4 of our party agreed that it was not worth trying again...
- 4/18/08: Service by PeymanOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 4/18/20084/18/08: Service by Peyman was horrible. I have been to Wild Fox many times & chose it as the place to celebrate my birthday & a friend's birthday. 8 of us local Novato Moms sat down at 6:55pm and were only offered menus during the first 40 minutes we were sitting down. We finally flagged down someone who told Peyman to come over and take our orders. We ordered a bottle of wine ($10 off) from the "tonight only" menu. When we tried to order our second bottle at 8:30pm, Peyman told us the discount was over at 8:00pm. This was not written on the menu -- we would have ordered 2 bottles of wine at 7:40pm when our order was taken. Peyman did nothing to remedy the poor service. We also felt the food was only fair to good.
- The food was excellent!! ThecaladyDined on 4/18/2008The food was excellent!! The service was very good. We have gone there many times and will continue to do so. It is a little noisy, but we go early so it isn't to bad. Everything else is so good that a little noise is OK.Special Features:
- Excellent place. Great neighborhoodChief55VIPDined on 4/18/2008Excellent place. Great neighborhood place. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Always a good dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/14/2008Always a good dining experience. Good food and great service.Special Features:
- We were allowed to stay asOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/9/2008We were allowed to stay as long as we wanted and I was visiting with friends who needed time together. It was not only delicious but so comfortable and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Their food is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/7/2008Their food is consistently good and the service is usually very good. I totally enjoy the selection here although I have my favorites.Special Features:
- it's a pretty straight aheadWineguyVIPDined on 4/2/2008it's a pretty straight ahead steakhouse. We always enjoy going there because the food's good, we can find something on the wine list for a reasonable price and it's very dependable/Special Features:
- The food is always good here,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008The food is always good here, and they are very accommodating to special food needs. There is a lovely variety to the menu. The service is friendly, but not particularly efficient. We were seated near the kitchen and all left smelling of the fryer. The main dining room is quite LOUD, so request one of the outer rooms if you're sensitive to noise.Special Features:
- We were there on Easter forFoodieVIPDined on 3/23/2008We were there on Easter for brunch and did not have a good experience at all. We have dined here a dozen times before but never on a holiday or for brunch. We each ordered the eggs benedict and it was aweful. For one the plate was very small even though it said it came with potatoes and fruit. For $17 per plate for breakfast it was ridiculous. Furthermore the food was very bland and didnt leave a good taste. Our waiter forgot my husband's coffee and we had to remind two other wait staff before our own waiter finally brought it meanwhile the rest of our coffees were cold by then because we also did not have cream, sugar or a spoons either. We all felt we would have been MUCH better off going to a lower end breakfast spot like the Omlet houseSpecial Features:
- Outstanding meal for the price,BBSFVIPDined on 3/22/2008Outstanding meal for the price, with excellent service.
- Food well presented with generousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2008Food well presented with generous portions. Wonderful service during brunch. Would definitely return, this time for dinner.Special Features:
- One of my favorite eateries. TheyMfishesqVIPDined on 3/14/2008One of my favorite eateries. They make a eral effort to take care of me and my group every time I come in.Special Features:
- We go to Wildfox for specialSteveDined on 3/9/2008We go to Wildfox for special events, such as Valentine's day, mother's day etc. The quality of food is excellent, and the prices are reasonable. All in all, I always look forward for a reason to go there.Special Features:
- I was looking for more ofMommaDDined on 12/29/2007I was looking for more of an elegant restaurant. Wildfox was good and fun, but more of a "brew pub" type atmosphere. Casual and noisy.
- the locals like this one,LuvegoodfoodDined on 5/7/2007the locals like this one, but I prefer the bar menu. The restaurant is loud, the bar in the afternoon is pleasant.Special Features:
- Food is usually very good,LovetoeatDined on 10/28/2006Food is usually very good, just dont order the prime rib if you are a prime rib lover. It is supposed to be a house speciality but I have tried it on two occasions - most recently in Apr 09 and it was like eating leather. I planned on just taking it home for the dogs but without saying anthing, the waiter saw I was not eating it and he took it away and tried a different piece but same result. He saw I wasnt eating the second try and offered picking a different dish or to take if off the bill.Special Features: