Brix 25 Restaurant
7707 Pioneer Way
Gig Harbor, WA 98335Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Brix 25 Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harborbrix.com/
- Phone: 2538586626
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:30- 8:30; Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Thad Lyman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bring the Brix 25 Restaurant experience to your event. We have extensive catering experience from casual cocktail parties, business lunches to multi course and black tie affairs.
- Private Party Facilities: Meet, Eat & Celebrate at Brix 25 Restaurant! Create your own unforgettable experience with our cuisine, exceptional service and award winning wines as the starting point. We have a variety of options for private dining, including a private dining room which accommodates up to 28 guests, semi private options of up to 30 guests or the entire restaurant with capacity for up to 80 guests seated or 120 for cocktails. Think of us when planning your meetings, celebrations and gatherings of all kinds.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsey Shaw 2538586626
A word from Brix 25 Restaurant
Since its opening, Brix 25 Restaurant has been hailed as one of the best restaurants in the Northwest. The intimate, warm and welcoming interior of Brix sets the stage for romantic evenings, family gatherings and business dinners. Chef/Owner Thad Lyman crafts a menu of hearty and flavorful American cuisine with a Northwest influenced style. The restaurant is located in charming Gig Harbor, in the historic downtown district. Brix 25 Restaurant is recognized locally and nationally for an award winning wine list; holding the Award of Excellence from the Wine Spectator for the past 4 years and the Grand Award & Washington Wine Restaurant of the Year from Washington Wine Commission.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Brix 25 Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Gig Harbor ›
Brix 25 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (23)notable wine list (22)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- We were amazed.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014I had spent hrs looking through many reviews in seattle before I decided, why not look here in gig harbor. So happy I did! Not only did Brix 25 have better reviews than some, but it lived up to them. It is a sweet, small restaurant, the lighting is low, the dining area is clean and peaceful music plays lowly in the background. We were well greeted and taken care of from start to finish. The food blew us away! The lamb was slightly difficult to cut, it is served in a bowl like dish, but tender and flavorful. The beef bourguignon was a blast of flavor, the beef melted in your mouth. And if you go I highly recommend the seasonal creme brulee, currently orange and rosemary, it was so floral and delicate, a perfect ending to a lovely meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014We were not greeted immediately when we walked through the door, but the staff made up for that in attentiveness later. The food was very good, prices were reasonable and we will be back. My only real complaint is that it gets noisy - the restaurant could use some sound-absorbing materials to provide a quieter more romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brix 25SkewisDined on 2/28/2014I have been to Brix 25 on a few occasions. Quite simply this is the best restaurant I have ever eaten at!! The staff is wonderful, energetic and you can tell they enjoy what they are doing. The food is exquisite!!! I have tried some things on their menu that I would normally not have and they were hands down delectable! My wife has specific dietary needs, they owner himself and his head chef both came to our table to ensure that her needs were met. I cannot praise this place enough. By far, better than any place in Seattle.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceBellaDined on 2/26/2014My husband and i had business in Gig Harbor and made reservations at Brix 25. It was absolutely wonderful. The food, The service everything about it. We arrived early and it was no problem..The owner was kind enough to speak with us to see how everything was going. (that is refreshing to see). We live in the Browns Point area so it is a bit of a trip, but well worth it. We had told our friends that this is going to be a more frequent stop for us, even thou we are over the pond...Thank you so much everyone at Brix 25.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great great greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2014Great food, great Service, awesome. Will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star foodShellyDined on 2/25/2014Outstanding meals. My husband ordered the scallops with risotto, the scallops being sizeable and tender with nice saffron flavor. I LOvED the black peppered flatiron steak with truffle butter. I skipped the blue cheese sauce option & so glad for it. The amazing steak would have been too covered. It was the most tender flatiron, ordered medium rare, to perfection. The creamed potatoes and young tender green beans were a nice compliment. Loved the complimentary taste of champagne as well. Thank you for a great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30-year Anniversary DateKennethDined on 2/23/2014We thought we would try a different place to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We've always driven by the Brix 25 and never thought to stop. That was a mistake. The service was excellent from the beginning to the end. We enjoyed our total experience. I've never has a steak cooked to perfection until now. My wife totally enjoyed her lamb. This is our new favorite place.Special Features:
- Always deliciousKitchenGadgetGirlDined on 2/22/2014When ever we have a special occasion, we head to Brix 25. The food is always delicious, the ambience wonderful and the staff is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceWineDineDined on 2/21/2014We always like Brix 25. It has been ever-reliable for us, and we keep coming back. Great food, excellent service, and a nice ambience. Our only constructive criticism is that the noise level is high, especially when the restaurant is crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a special occasionorion87Dined on 2/15/2014We were in Gig Harbor celebrating Valentines Day and wanted to get away for the weekend. We heard about Brix 25 online and from a couple local establishments in the area. We made reservations on a Saturday night, which was busy but we were sat within 10 minutes from our reservation time. The service was great. The food was also great, however, the portions were considerably small for the price of each dish. I would recommend Brix 25 for a special occasion as it considerably hits the wallet, especially if ordering wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I went here for our Valentines Dinner... Staff/service was outstanding. Restaurant is nicely decorated. We dine out often, so we were really looking forward to the meal. We ordered the grilled shrimp appetizer (very good) my husband ordered the wedge salad, it was decent, but very small for the $10.00 price and compared to any other steakhouse/or fine dining restaurant. Extremely disappointed in the beef bourguignon. It was tough, could describe it as hard pieces of cubed meat. Had to use a knife and fork to cut it. No where near tender. Sauce was delicious. Not a lot of vegetables either.Special Features:
- Terrific!LuvItalianDined on 2/15/2014Great food and personable service made for an enjoyable evening. Thanks!Special Features:
- amazing ValentinefdluvrDined on 2/15/2014The place was amazing in its efficiency, quality of food and service. My wife and I went for a late Valentine's day dinner and were thoroughly impressed. They had a great wine list and dessert menu. We can hardly wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good but not GreatKen13Dined on 2/14/2014Went here on valentines day.Its a very good restaurant for that kind of vibe the romantic,special night kind of vibe. The food is good but a little over priced if u ask me though. The environment is Awesome,customer service is ok needs some work.And my only negative thing to say about this place is the Menu ,very limited and for it being a little on the high end the need book menus or something a little classier than paper menu. Maybe them investing on computers to ring people out was a bit surprised getting a pen and paper written out $100 bill receipt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines day mealJohnDined on 2/14/2014We went to Brix 25 for our valentines dinner this year, as we were staying in Gig Harbor for the weekend. Despite being one of the busiest nights of their year, it was a very satisfactory experience. The ambience is not special (no view and tables close together) but the food was excellent and the service friendly and reasonably prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place to gobensim123Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went for Valentines Day. We found the food, and wine, extremely delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishRandyDined on 2/14/2014We went to Brix 25 for Valentine's Day. We were delighted to find that they were serving their normal menu. In addition we were greeted with a complimentary glass of champagne. Overall, our food was delishes, the ambience was lovely and the service was not in your face but attentive. They were very busy yet didn't try to rush us in order to turn over tables. We will definitely be returning for another great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cant' Wait to Go BackhalfapairDined on 2/14/2014We've dined at Brix 25 many times. I love going for Valentine's Day and made our reservation back in January. Everything is consistently delicious and imaginative. I also love going for Happy Hour - my husband loves it too, and he doesn't drink! Their bar food and drinks are the best on the Kitsap Peninsula.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!josephDined on 2/14/2014The food was absolutely amazing and the service was also. Even though it was Valentine's Day and we arrived well before our reservation they made room for us and sat us immediately. The only complaint, which didn't bother me, was that it was super dark. The only lighting we had at our table was the candle on it so it was hard to see what I was eating. Luckily it was all amazing. My wife and I aren't wine drinkers but they had a huge selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it despite an uneven menuSophia7Dined on 2/14/2014This is an exciting restaurant - not because it is perfect in every way, but because the owners/chef are clearly trying for five-star status and it makes for some fascinating dining experiences. We had some trouble with their white wines; - our server, Holly, went out of her way; brought various wines to please us; with ultimate success. The shrimp appetizer was cooked to perfection. One of the sauces it came with complimented it perfectly but the black kalamata olives (fortunately served on the side) were overwhelming. The French Onion Soup has an amazing, silky broth; I just didn't care for the duck confit/puff pastry it was served over. Scallop etouffee was very nice (husband's dish).Flat iron steak: super yummy. We'll be back!Special Features:
- DeliciousNewExperiencesDined on 2/13/2014We love trying new places and this place was definitely worth trying. Very romantic. Delicious food. Staff was very nice and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little restaurant in the HarboMSHSDined on 2/11/2014Food was fantastic. Service was the best we've experienced in the Harbor. Interior decorating needs some attention. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and warm, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Delicious food and warm, friendly service. Wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsgoodfoodDined on 1/25/2014We had a great time. The food was terrific, the wine very good and service very good without being intrusive. This is one of my favorite places in Pierce County and warrants a trip from other cities as well. The place stayed busy with most tables full the whole time we were there. That's a good sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haute cuisine devoid of attitudeLynniemacDined on 1/25/2014Brix 25 consistently serves amazing food. Both the restaurant's menu selections and the specials are always more than what is promised in the menu or by the wait staff. The service is dependably top drawer, but never stuffy. The wine list is comprehensive and the staff is very knowledgeable making recommendations and answering questions. Best of all none of this is delivered with even a drop of pretention. The ambience is casual and chic. The experience is completely satisfying and relaxing. The evening can be as intimate as desired or as convivial as desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine WednesdayLitiVIPDined on 1/22/2014Brix 25 is one of our favorite, go-to places in Gig Harbor. Katie and her crew always deliver an outstanding dining experience from the service, to the food, to the wine selection. I think most people would be surprised to find the very upscale cuisine offered here. Nothing disappoints. I think the restaurant acoustics are always a little challenging and can be a little loud considering the dining patrons on a particular night. However, they are glad to seat you in the back if you request a quieter table. In other words, they are happy to accommodate your needs if you express them. Also, they have many specific night offerings and we were able to take advantage of half-price wine night and came home with the rest of a lovely bottle!Special Features:
- Awesome Gig HarborDavidLDined on 1/18/2014Great Restaurant in a great historic city. The food was great and the service was incredible. Gem in a little town on the western side of Puget Sound. Well worth the drive and great ambience with a welcoming local crowd. Thanks for making it a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fare for meat loversScotDined on 1/10/2014The Lamb Shank was very good. The arugula bacon salad was the best. My wife wished there was a lighter fare.Special Features:
- MrEstrangerDined on 1/8/2014The food was tasty but the portion's were small. Service, as always, was spectacular. The Wine list is amble and varied while the martini's are alway tasty.Special Features:
- I took my boyfriend to BrixOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2014I took my boyfriend to Brix 25 for his birthday. The service and atmosphere was great but the food was mediocre at best. The salad had a burnt taste to it and the Thai curry was very watery. Both my boyfriend and I spent a good 15 min opening our clams and mussels. Additionally the menu didn't match the online menu. I don't think we will be going back. It's pricy for not so great food.
- Great evening with friendsJeffVIPDined on 12/31/2013A great place to meet and spend a special evening with friends. Great appetizers and entrees, with a great wine listSpecial Features:
- Best of Gig HarborStewyDined on 12/30/2013Had a wonderful romantic dinner. Couldn't ask for better better food or service. They make you feel welcome from the second you walk in the door until you depart. The food doesn't disappoint either. This is an excellent restaurant!Special Features:
- Great little restaurant. TheNemesisDined on 12/30/2013Great little restaurant. The food was excellent, and the service was quick and attentive. I would definitely recommend Brix 25 to anyone looking for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great spot in gig harbor.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013Really tasty food and a very attentive service made this a great evening. The food was creative but not weird and so good that I ended up eating all of my wife's leftovers. While the tiramisu left us wanting, it was kinda like pancakes, the chocolate creme brûlée was excellent.Special Features:
- Not like it use to beOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013Been going to Brix 25 since it first opened, under various owners. The starters, mussels and clams, were good. Bones and Beef, beef was a poor cut and tough. Ossobroco, was reheated after being frozen( I am sure). White wine was poured in glass for red wine and red wine poured in glass for white wine. Was told that was the way it was done at Brix. Entre took over and hour to arrive. Only one other table occupied. This was our 59th anniversary, restaurant knew, but made no mention. Was put on gift certificate. When we were served the starter, we were not offered any bread, until we were finished, then, asked if we would like some bread to go with the clams juice. Server was poorly trained in wine service. Were not offered any desert items.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2013This was our first visit to Brix 25. We were returning from SeaTac airport and running late. The restaurant was kind enough to hold our reservation even though we were over half an hour late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed our dinnerc00kiemanDined on 12/14/2013My husband and I both enjoyed our dinners. Ahi Poke appetizer was very good. Wilted arugula salad was to die for! I had the double pork chop, my husband ordered the black and blue flat iron steak. My dinner was perfect. We both felt that the flat iron steak had maybe just a little too much going on...blackened seasoning with a truffle, blue cheese butter...it was very well prepared but half way through it was a little to much. We solved the problem by switching plates, as my pork chop had a mild sherry cream sauce with cherries on the side. We were too full to have dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently SuperbSlowyeagDined on 12/14/2013We don't get to Gig Harbor very often but when we do we like to try to make it to Brix25! Every time we go the food is terrific, the staff is top notch and we enjoy the seasonal variety to their menu. It's small enough to offer a more intimate dining experience while offering a great variety of flavors and a world class wine list. I highly recommend them for any special occasion, or just when you're looking for a great meal. Only complaint is that when it is busy the noise level can get pretty high due to the decor, brick and concrete walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Sunday NightJeffVIPDined on 12/1/2013As usual, an easy Opentable reservation the day before a wonderful dinner. We usually expect just a few other diners but this time April was busy! It didn't phase her at all! Great service, food and bottle of Kana blendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little thingsJulioVDined on 12/1/2013I was surprised to be welcomed with a glass of champaign. I am not a huge champaign fan, but that small gesture was enough to really start the night off well. The staff was very attentive and anticipated what we needed without us having to vocalize. Instantly asked us if we where on a time schedule. They were very understanding, and helpful in getting is to our show on time. I enjoyed every bite of my food. But as the taste in food is subjective and I am no connoisseur I don't feel my opinion should extend beyond the fact that I was very pleased and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.