Ram's Head Inn
9 West White Horse Pike
Galloway, NJ 08205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ram's Head Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ramsheadinn.com/
- Phone: 6096521700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Custom tailored menus available according to guests needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Ram's Head Inn can accommodate elegant private parties from 10 to 250 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Mary McGill 6096521700
- Entertainment: Live music in the courtyard on Wednesdays, as well as a pianist in the bar on Fridays and Saturdays.
A word from Ram's Head Inn
Ram's Head Inn is a beautiful restaurant set on five country acres with sprawling gardens and flower lined fences. Located just eight miles from bustling Atlantic City, it provides a respite for the senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ram's Head Inn - Best Restaurants in Galloway ›
Ram's Head Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (69)romantic (57)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (25)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (8)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Spending a weekend in ACLetseatVIPDined on 5/16/2014My husband and I were spending a weekend down south jersey at the marriott villas in absecon. On sat and Sunday we had reservations in AC so on Friday we decided to try the Rams Head Inn. We r glad we did. Food was great and entertainment in the bar was excellent. I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.....alphahotelDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day evening, not but, waited 1 full hour for 3rd course. Out of prime rib, 3 lobsters w/one over-cooked, one-undercooked, one just right. Had cocktails but had to personally request another halfway through the meal. Main course was served and waited another 10 minutes to get silverware, again after me having to ask for it. All other food was well prepared and delicious but, extremely overpriced for the service. I always tip 20-25% of the total bill, but was pretty upset that the restaurant had the audacity to automatically add a 20% tip to the bill for a table of three. Not my first time at Ram's Head Inn so would love to write this experience off as an "oddball" occurrence but, the non-attentive service ruined the evening.Special Features:
- High Expectations - Not Really MetRams14Dined on 5/11/2014We have been to the Ram's Head occasionally and always had a special meal. That is why we chose it for Mother's Day. So it was a shame it didn't work out that way on my mom's special day. My meal was fine, but my mother and my spouse sent back their prime rib, which was tough and improperly cooked. The server graciously brought them each a different meal and the hostess apologized. But that is beside the point. Everything in a restaurant of this caliber - where we spent well over $200 for a meal for three people, without alcohol or wine - should be top notch. Also, the wait staff seemed very young and untrained. Would hope that someone can step in and get things in order both in the kitchen and in the front of the house.Special Features:
- not handicap accessibleistherechocolateDined on 5/10/2014I took my elderly mother for a special dinner. Mom uses a walker; unfortunately there are steps leading into the dining area. The handicap accessible entrance requires cutting through the banquet room and any event going on-in our case it was a wedding Very awkward. The hostess was very kind and escorted us through the event when we could not even figure out how to cut through, but still was upsetting. Something to keep in mind if going there.Special Features:
- Another wonderful anniversary meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2014My husband and I found Ram's Head last year when looking for beef Wellington. We had a great time and the food is always spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentJillDined on 5/1/2014I have been at Rams Head numerous times and have never been disappointed. The restaurant is consistently wonderful.Special Features:
- Foodwinelover8Dined on 5/1/2014outstanding service like it always is. This time though we stopped on our way to AC for lunch it was our 43rd wedding anniversary. Only complaint was main course was served room temp. not even warm. This was taken care of by the staff immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!NjnetsfanVIPDined on 4/22/2014Excellent! Been to top rated restaurants in NY, London, Paris, Rome, San Francisco, etc. this establishment ranks right up there!! Terrific Service, Food, Ambiance, and wine service. A Pure Gem!! Cannot wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOP NOTCHluvmyfoodDined on 4/15/2014I love coming to this place as the food is always first class and the service is impeccable,the ambience is a treat never too loud and in the winter I love the open fireplace,the wine list is good and not too expensive and you are always made to feel at home,This is by far the Best Restaurant locally,I would not go to another one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and deliciousBarbaraDined on 4/13/2014Everything we expected and more! Delicious food, beautiful rooms and knowledgable servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2014My wife and I enjoyed the ambience and the delicious food. Our service was topnotch. We plan a return to the Inn in May.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remember a restaurant with class?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2014Remember when restaurants had class and people had taste? Ram's Head Inn is truly old-fashioned. Decor is reminiscent of a staid New England home. Service from greeting to end of meal - exceptional. Lack of decibels was refreshing, we could hear one another! Starting courses: baked oysters in escargot sauce, colossal crab meat cocktail, and crab cake were executed perfectly. Caesar salad, made table side, by the server who asked our preferences at each step was perfect. We went old school with entrees: Chicken Pot Pie, Beef Wellington, Crab Cakes. Each dish executed to perfection. The only minor disappointment was dessert, which is why a star was lost on food. Not bad, not exceptional. BTW, the popovers were dreamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All 5sNorCalDanVIPDined on 4/5/2014We had just arrived in the Atlantic City area after all-day travel from California. Wanted a nice meal, but were blown away by the Ram's Head Inn. Everything exceeded expectations; the décor was charming, the food was exceptional in every way, and the wait staff were the best we have experienced in years. A definite stop for anyone looking for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingehtBobDined on 4/5/2014This has always been a "special occasion" pricey restaurant for us. This visit was disappointing since 2 of 3 entrees were not prepared as requested. One filet mignon - ordered medium well and one pork loin ordered medium both were served extremely rare- not just red in the middle but totally bloody. You could expect a mistake like this in a very busy kitchen, but we ate early on a Saturday evening with only 3 other tables occupied. The kitchen was definitely not busy and certainly should have seen these dishes were not even close to as ordered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for a dinner show.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2014Went there for a dinner show. Although the show, once it started was very good, it took quite a while for the dinner to be served. The dinner was supposed to start at 6:30 pm, with the show starting at 8:00 pm, but it was 7:20 when we first got the salad, and we were still dinning when the show started. This made us feel bad for the entertainer & her band as food was being brought out during her act, thus distracting from the show. The food, although, was very good and received many rave reviews from the dinners. I have been to the Ram's Head many times for other functions and feel that they could have planned this a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took friends to experiencePeteDined on 4/1/2014Took friends to experience food and ambience.....they all loved it and will return again soon.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014Don't miss this place on the way to AC......loved everything about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food. Never disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2014Fantastic food. Never disappointed. Will keep coming back!Special Features:
- A local stapleCeeCeeDined on 3/15/2014From outstanding and interactive customer service to good food, The Ram's Head Inn gives you a touch of class. The wait staff was attentive, responsive, and very polite. The food was well prepared and did not disappoint. The atmosphere seems to cater to an older demographic, which isn't a bad thing; just something to keep in mind for the younger crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencejunemdDined on 3/15/2014A very relaxing dining experience. Everyone loved their food choices. Beef Wellington amazing and the chicken pot pie was outstanding. Our servers Jordan and Jordan were very pleasant and personable. This was elegant dining at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Setting and Delicious FoodMaryDined on 3/14/2014The Ram's Head Inn had many offerings to choose from for Restaurant Week. We ate at the Ram's Head Inn another year for restaurant week and found this year's selection better. My husband and I sampled the butternut squash soup and lobster bisque, crab imperial and stuffed shrimp, the Crème Brule and Cheesecake. We also enjoyed fresh pop overs. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. The portions were very good and the service was outstanding. The dining rooms are decorated according to a theme. We were in the oriental room, with bamboo wallpaper, bamboo wooden chairs and carved oriental screen. Our only disappointment was not being in one of the dining rooms with a fire place, on a cold night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal marred by hostile serviOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014While I'll always love Ram's Head, I have to say I was a bit disappointed with our server, Jaime. Not that she wasn't adequate, but she was so friendly and chatty and personable at her other tables (it's not that big a room, and we could certainly see, hear and sense the difference), that her rather perfunctory behavior toward us was somewhat off-putting. Then there's the issue of the dessert choice, which, contrary to the claims of the website, were NOT off the dessert cart, but pre-chosen for us. As a non-fan of chocolate, half my dessert was inedible. But other than that ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No need for a weddingTheDomDined on 3/13/2014As a local I finally visited Rams Head for the first time for dinner rather than a wedding and it surpassed my expectations. The entire staff was professional, respectful, and friendly. From the delicious "pop-over", which was compliments of the chef, right through to the dessert everything was great! They aced the "crab imperial stuffed shrimp" and "salmon wellington was excellent" the wife and I used "restaurant week" to get reaquainted with Rams Head Inn and we look forward to getting back there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItjerseyblueDined on 3/13/2014We made a last minute reservation for dinner during the famed Restaurant Week -- all participating restaurants have a 3 course prixe fix lunch and/or dinner for $15.14 and $33.14 respectively. Rams Head offered a great a wonderful selection from which to choose. The wait staff was warm and welcoming, Jamie answered all our questions and when she explained that chicken pot pie- is a house specialty, I ordered and was not disappointed. My husband's rack of lamb was perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. The dessert tray-- so many choices! I highly recommend the cheesecake - it is a blend of richness and creme brulee..... All in all a perfect evening --and it was close to home,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST DELIGHTFULMARYDined on 3/13/2014A WONDERFUL LUNCH WITH EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE AND FOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent CuisineGoodiesDined on 3/13/2014Everything was delicious. Soup was superb.NJ clam chowder. My chicken pot pie was one of the best ever had. Veal scaloppini had the right hint of wine & spices. Waiter service was polite & attentive. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic! Again and Again!JulesDined on 3/13/2014What a pleasure to go to Ram's Head Inn! It is extremely elegant. The staff is exceptional. They are totally into their customers. They are constantly at your table making sure that your needs are met. The food is just fantastic. The ambience is great. I return to the Ram's Head frequently. How lucky we are to have a wonderful place like this so near to us! What a great place to be....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was bountiful, exelentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2014the food was bountiful, exelent and pleasing to the eye. The exterior is charming.Inside the rooms were a little too open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!HaydenDined on 3/11/2014We rediscovered the Ram's Head Inn during AC Restaurant week. We were in the Garden Room...a very relaxing atmosphere. The food was fabulous, the service fast, but not pushy. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old StandardFrankHVIPDined on 3/11/2014The Rams Head has been there for many years, as I first went there many years ago. We went there to celebrate so warm weather after a long cold snowy winter. We heard the weather that day would be in the mid 60's and thought my wife and I would take our neighbors for a ride. We also received a email from the Rams Head that they were extending their Restaurant Week Celebration. We also 1st went to a AC Casino and then the good meal. The restaurant did not disappoint. The food was very good and cooked to order. Server was very friendly!Special Features:
- Special Birthday GatheringJimboDined on 3/11/2014It was a birthday celebration and your staff made it special for all!!! Loved how they said "Happy Birthday" when we first arrived and told them our name -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentDianeVIPDined on 3/9/2014I got married soon to be 7 years ago and everything was outstanding. went for restaurant week. Two had veal shops they were so tough and dry.Steamed clams had no taste. My cheesecake that had been sitting out actually had a hard film on it as it was sitting out way to long. Total disappointment.
- So DisappointedDenim20Dined on 3/9/2014I have eaten at Ram's Head more times than I can count and always enjoyed it, until I went there for Restaurant Week dinner, This was a three course meal with plenty of choices for appetizer, entree, and dessert. We began with lobster bisque. It was red and very thin with a few small pieces of lobster. It wasn't horrible, just not what I was expecting for bisque. Our entrees were salmon wellington and crab imperial in puff pastry. Both were extremely dry. The crab imperial had a little taste, the salmon was dry with absolutely no taste. The pastry on both were hard. Dessert was served from the trolley and was good. Two drinks for $25 was expensive but they were also good. I had a reservation for lunch on Wednesday and cancelled it.Special Features:
- Fabulous placecupcakeDined on 3/8/2014This restaurant has it all! Great food, wonderful service, and several beautiful dining rooms. It's a very romantic place for a date.Special Features:
- We have not visited the Ram'sSlicnicDined on 3/7/2014We have not visited the Ram's Head in a number of years. Our visit to this very charming restaurant on 3/7 did nothing to tarnish our fond memories. The food was very good and the service outstanding. It is a truly a place to go for a special occasion or for a quiet meal that is most enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great foodDianaMDined on 3/7/2014The food was very good and staff was knowledgable, yet out server seemed new and the servers assistant was outstanding. Due to his great service, we never waited for anything we needed. The server was friendly, however seemed spread thin. I ordered crab imperial and it was so good that I ate the whole thing. I would go again but it was a little awkward when talking with two of my girlfriends because even though we aren't loud, it felt like we should whisper the whole time because it was so quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leaves a lot to be desiredUnfortunatelyUnsatisfiedDined on 3/7/2014Arrived 10 min. early for reservation.Went to bar,which had 2 bartenders and 8 patrons.COULD NOT GET A DRINK. After being seated was advised that they were out of one of meal choices (Restaurant Week,Limited choices to begin with).Crab cake app. came out room temp. and lobster bisque was a thin soup,stilltasty but not a bisque.At desert time the "desert cart" only had key lime pie on it with various empty platters where other deserts should have been. We were told that they ran out of deserts.Waiter told us they were cuting a chocolate mousse cake in the kitchen if we wanted that.The cake we received was definately an Entenmann's boxed cake that they obviously sent someone to the nearest conv. store to pick up.Overheard others complaining
- Enjoyable elegancemickster6Dined on 3/7/2014The Ram's Head Inn was an elegant restaraunt with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green bank groupCharnaDined on 3/7/2014The best food and the best waiter ever . Rams Head Inn is a class operation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only problem was waitressPeteDined on 3/7/2014Only problem was waitress never asked if we wanted another drink with dinner...their loss...she seemed to have too many tables. No personal connection.Special Features: