Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen
601 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.atlantichotelfl.com/
- Phone: 9545678070x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch- Served Daily 7:00am to 2:30pm
Dinner - Sunday through Saturday 5:00pm to 10pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11pm
Sunday Brunch 11:00am - 3pm
Oceanfront at the Atlantic Hotel & Spa
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Vincent
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Happy hour 7 days a week from 4pm to 7pm.
- Special Events: Special occasions and social events are welcome. Please contact our event department in advance to plan for selected menus and special seating arrangements; 954.567.8034
A word from Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen
Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen, an globally inspired menu with a small plate, large plate and feast plate, is situated oceanfront on the ground level of the stylish Atlantic Hotel and Spa. Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen features all the elements of an eclectic ocean front eatery - from a cozy, unpretentious atmosphere to a variety of global fare at a modest price. The cuisine is simple and unassuming, letting the quality and freshness of the products speak for themselves. The culinary creations are each intended to evoke the senses. Dine inside or outside on the ocean view terrace. Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen patrons enjoy complimentary valet parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (72)scenic view (63)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (46)great for brunch (33)special occasion (32)romantic (30)hot spot (21)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (17)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- Best view in ft.lauderdaleultimatefoodieVIPDined on 4/11/2014Want great food and an amazing view? Beauty & the Feast is the spot. Recently opened in The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, this place has short rib quesadillas, wicked oyster buns and a lot of other new and interesting small, large and feast plates. The chef is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great Service.PBHMDined on 4/10/2014Stayed in Ft. Lauderdale 1 night on our way down to the keys. Booked a table here and were very happy we did. Service was fantastic, foor was great. The outside tables looked out across the street onto the beachfront and Atlantic ocean. The only drawback was sometimes the traffic made talking difficult. Other than that a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- the "beast" is overcookedBonVivantVIPDined on 4/6/2014Location...location...location is the only thing this "beast" of a restaurant has going for it! The beast is overcooked and overrated! I guess they think the ocean view will draw your eyes away from the dirty floor and wobbly tables. (sad since it was practically empty when we arrived and staff clearly had time to clean it up but did not feel it necessary) Service was slow and inattentive, we were constantly looking for staff to refill our drinks. Appetizers were just ok...and the meal was over cooked to the point of being inedible. Sad really because this place could have great potential...but it just falls flat.
- Perfect Place!Kri55yDined on 4/5/2014I loved this place! Everything on the menu was delicious and the service wqs great! My only complaint is that the while the view was pretty i was expecting to be on the water and not across the street from it. Other than that this place was amazing! A hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit.BigMFGVIPDined on 4/4/2014Staff was friendly and attentive. Majority of the menu is small plate items. Ranging in price from $12.50 to 16.50. There are a 3-4 regular size dinner items and all 3-4 large family style plate items that require a minimum of two people to order and the price is pp. Nice variety on the menu. Went there with a family of 6 over spring break and we all enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- Unique and Exceptional DishesultimatefoodieVIPDined on 3/17/2014Everything we ordered at the new Beauty & The Feast restaurant (formerly East End Grille) was amazing. Must tries include the wicked oyster bun, angry lobster, sun chokes and the unique pizzas. Great small plates, large plates and of course Feast plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newly refreshed restaurant?HowardVIPDined on 3/11/2014Nothing special about new decor...past one was ok, and this doesn't appear much improved. Food was good...bordering on very good on some dishes, but nothing about the menu inspired me to say, "I want to go back and try the ...."..... I think the food quality and menu were better before the changes.
- Great spot on Ft. Lauderdale BeachultimatefoodieVIPDined on 3/9/2014The old East End Grille recently received a face lift. It is now called Beauty & The Feast, a cool restaurant with a new style of dining featuring an eclectic menu and enchanting ambiance located on the lobby level of The Atlantic Hotel & Spa facing the Atlantic Ocean. Offering an alluring warm-lit atmosphere, spectacular ocean views and an enticing cocktail area, the restaurant serves a flavorful array of small plates, entrees, and family-style feast plates. Brunch was terrific - a variety of choices and a beautiful outside table facing the ocean. Definitely a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised & PleasedSoImpressedDined on 3/1/2014We were surprised to see this restaurant was in a hotel. We chose to sit outside on the large covered patio, which was across the street from Ft. Lauderdale beach. Due to it being dark, the view of the ocean was nonexistent. But it was a lovely evening & we did enjoy watching some of the people walking by. The 4 of us enjoyed the breads, flavored butter, appetizers & dinner very much. The service was attentive. We will return, at an earlier time to enjoy the beach view.Special Features:
- Great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2014This was a really pleasant surprise - great food, attentive staff - and one of our favorite wines on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked this place and will go backPwrshiftVIPDined on 2/21/2014They were having problems with their computer system which really delayed getting our bill to pay and payment made. It unfortunately lowered my 'service' rating but generally was happy with the restaurant, my waiter and the hostess. Crab Bisque soup tasty but way too salty, but lots of crab. Pan roasted chicken ($25) was really just a quarter chicken breast - tasty but overpriced and came with risotto. Chef's bread pudding good but the home made ice cream wasn't frozen...more like a cold cream. Valet parking free if validated by the restaurant. We sat outside facing the world go by...a little noisy at time with noisy mufflers. But, in mid February, eating outside is a treat for Canadians. Used to be called Trina's, now a bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food But Service was LackingNewLocalVIPDined on 2/15/2014The food was great, but for the price tag of $40+ dollar entrees and an automatic 18% gratuity the service we had this night was extremely lacking. Our prior experience at this restaurant was great, bith with the food and the service but this time around the service was extremely disappointing. For example: there was mass confusion over what meals were going where - our entrees where initially delivered to the wrong table, two other table appetizers where delivered to ours, and a third party's entrees were also first swung by our table. The biggest disappointment with the service by far was the fact that it took our waiter over 30mins to get us our bill, and when it did arrive it was for the wrong table.Special Features:
- Needs to improve service,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Needs to improve service, no one to help you within 10-20 minutes.. For more bread or just deinks. Waited 1 hour for Entrees to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/5/2014The food was great and the presentation is deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice outdoor spot despite noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/31/2014We had a great dinner, enjoyed both specials and menu items. Service was a little slow. Large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring a bookAntotiDined on 12/31/2013We waited 1,5 hrs for our starter. When it was time for desert, all orders were empty. Nothing I would recommend for 95 USD pp (even though we received a 200 USD discount for the inconvenience. Don't go there.
- Awesome little find for New Year'sAshleyDined on 12/31/2013I went on Open Table around noon on New Year's Eve trying to find a last minute spot for dinner. Boy, am I glad I did! East End Grille was AMAZING! Had the 3 course dinner for $50 and it was well worth the money! The caprese had house-made buffalo mozzarella, the braised short rib was delicious, and the key lime a perfect ending! It was right on A1A across from the beach so the view was pretty as well. Free valet and just great service all around. Noise level was a little loud, but well worth it. GIVE IT A TRY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean front dining in eleganceDouganandaVIPDined on 12/25/2013This ambitious dining spot in the elegant Atlantic Resort overlooks the ocean. The room and outdoor dining terrace both are simply but tastefully designed. The staff is professional and friendly. The menu is upscale American cuisine. The recipe concepts are good, and the execution ranges from good to very good. The serving size is large. The prices are $10 to $12 for appetizers, soups and salads. The mains are in the $30 to $40 range. For a reliably fine meal overlooking the ocean, this is a good option to consider.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food; Slow serviceGoUmassDined on 12/21/2013The waiter was a sweet guy, but SO slow and there was no one in the place. On the bright side, he did bring us free dessert. The place was not even half full on a Sat. night, so that was probably a clue that there are better places in the area. The food was mediocre...certainly not worth the price tag.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMarcDined on 12/3/2013fabulous food and service... nice patio outside with view of the water. What's not to like?Special Features:
- Great Pork ChopWorkingstiffDined on 11/30/2013We were a bit taken aback to be the only diners on a Saturday night at 7 pm, even though it was after Thanksgiving. So we thought we might have made a mistake until we tasted our dishes. Possibly the best pork chop I have ever had. The menu options were more limited than I would have expected, perhaps because they expected a small crowd. We found the fish entrees in Fort Lauderdale over all to be disappointing, possibly because we were on the beach where the restaurants cater to visitors that don't like fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced ordinary foodtampa4foodVIPDined on 11/28/2013Very ordinary food for a great location big restaurant. Service is good , but cannot make up for food.
- Should be packed every night!spingirl21VIPDined on 11/22/2013This is probably the 4th or 5th time that we have dined at East End Brasserie. What I love is that they constantly are tweaking the menu so you don't have to eat the same thing every time. We were probably one of 4 tables on a Friday night at 7:30 and they should be full. The servers are so knowledgeable about each dish. They brought foccacio to our table and my husband asked for plain bread. They made it fresh for him, apologizing that it would take 10 mins, but it came piping hot and flavorful. I decided on the locally caught grouper served on swiss chard. A rare find for me and one of my favorites. My husband opted for the filet mignon which he insisted that I try. Mcuh better than Capital Grill or Morton's by far. Try it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceDisappointingVIPDined on 11/9/2013After a great start...wonderful scallops in porcini butter, the main courses were downhill. My husband's steak was very overcooked, as was my fish. Dessert was tasty. However, agh this price point, there is no excuse for overcooked food.
- Don't Even Question It!JordannaDined on 10/11/2013I have been coming here for the past year, and I can tell you, just like a fine wine, it is only getting better!!!! Since the first time I visited the food has been absolutely delicious and the service has been 5+ Stars! We were so thrilled the first time we went with our server, Chris, that we decided we absolutely would request him each and every time. He guides us through both the wine list and menu taking into account our personal taste requests every time . His recommendations are always spot on and do not disappoint. Food is always amazing, atmosphere is great, and service is top notch. This place rocksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time was even betterNapaloveswineVIPDined on 10/8/2013This restaurant is amazing. The food, service, atmosphere. I can't say enough good things about them. I had the scallop appetizer which was delicious. For dinner I had the Grouper and that was equally amazing. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Our server was excellent.LuluDined on 10/5/2013Our server was excellent. He made good recommendations and knew the menu. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Nice ServiceFoodTravelersDined on 10/4/2013We came with a Travelzoo coupon. We couldn't have been treated better. The wait staff was attentive, the food was very good and the Manager even came by a couple of times to check on us. The view was great - though a little loud sitting right on a busy street, but it was lovely. Will go next time during the day when not dark - view would be better. The carrot cake was fantastic and the plantain bruschetta was inventive and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice oceanfront dinning.spemoniVIPDined on 7/5/2013Took advantage of TravelZoo certificate dinner for two. Very nice menu and we loved all the items we selected: Duck Confit and a roasted pumpkin salad for starters followed by Sea Bass and Filet for our entrees. Unfortunately we were informed by our server that the restaurant will be completely redone over the next month or two...New chef & new menu.. No real specifics on menu style were given...more of a wait and see explanation. We will keep tabs on the progress over the next couple of months and see what they come up with. Would love to add this place to our rotation of weekend dinning choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/3/2013Restaurant was excellent. Not only was the food excellent but what really makes this place special is the attention that the entire staff pays to their customers. We never saw any staff member without a smile on their face. They greeted everyone with an approach that said "We are so glad to see you. The restaurant is in The Atlantic Hotel where we stayed for two nights. We found that same attitude throughout the hotel. We had dinner there two nights and breakfast two mornings. The meals were all of high quality and plenty of food. This turned out to be so great since we were there to celebrate our anniversary, and this was our first time at this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewFezamDined on 7/3/2013Beautiful scenery, great service and waiter. Food was very good as well. Portions are good. Based on the small appetizer portions, i thought the main entree would be small but that is not the case. I do think the restaurant is extremely pricey for the menu. I guess it is part of the hotel and across from the beach so they feel it is warranted.Dinner fior two for $136 is VERY pricey. Perhaps early bird specials, weekday specials or locals deals would bring more people in! I know, I would return if prices were more reasonable. I even saw a Pizza Hut delivery to the hotel! Clue that your prices are way too high even for those at the hotel.Special Features:
- Included gratuity ruined it allOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2013We had a nice dinner. The food was good. It was all ruined when the bill came and an 18% gratuity was added for our party of two. This was really low class and was not disclosed on the menu. Now not only will I not go back; I will not recommend this place.
- What a great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2013Love that I found this place. It was great all around. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Our compliments to the chefoscarVIPDined on 5/19/2013We had a wonderful meal while overlooking the ocean. The lobster salad was delectable. I especially enjoyed my unusual salad combination of pumpkin, pine nuts and feta with spinach. The sea bass was wonderful and was especially delicious with the sweet and tart passion fruit sauce. My husband ordered the Texas rib eye and it was better than the one we recently had at NYY Steakhouse. Overall, it was a wonderful evening and we would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2013Hostess, head waiter, and waiter were very friendly and always checking for our needs. Preparation of dishes was perfect. Great wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous. We were in LauderdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2013Fabulous. We were in Lauderdale from Boston for the weekend. We sat @ the bar & Francisco took great care of us by making delicious cocktails. Meal was wonderful, food was expertly cooked & prepared. Lisa, the manager, who once lived & worked in Boston made us feel right @ home. Loved this place, will return & highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Not coming back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2013We arrived for brunch which we should have chosen but decided to go with the lunch which was ok! The service was bad ba waiter had trouble understanding our order and was ver ve slow!Special Features:
- Great Food, & great locationSamftlaDined on 3/16/2013I love this place :) Food is very good, decent wine list (might try to add a few more interesting choices) and service is normally outstanding. Christopher was our server on this particular night and could not have been more friendly or professional. One note they do add the service to your check (18%) which I have no problem. I know some folks do, but I have never felt cheated on the quality of attention and normally leave more as I did on this visit. This was my 5th or 6th visit and it just keeps getting better !Special Features:
- Horror ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/9/2013Based on the overwhelming positive Open Table reviews, we selected this place. It was a horror show. The six entrees dribbled out over the space of 10 minutes, half of which were stone cold. The pumpkin salad appetizer was inedible. The visible kitchen was total chaos with waiters standing in line waiting for dishes to emerge. My only suggestions are if you're a waiter there, I'd look for another gig. If you're the owner, I'd look for another chef. Never again.
- Had the bronzino Was expertlyrsodDined on 3/1/2013Had the bronzino Was expertly cooked. Nice presentation. Allowed substitutions on side dishes without any problem. The waiter gave us perfect attention and did not rush us through our meal. A nice dining experienceSpecial Features: