Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
1685 Mt. Diablo Boulevard
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/walnut-creek
- Phone: 9252870297
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)notable wine list (46)romantic (44)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (16)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (8)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Father's Day Grilling at its BestschwshejDined on 6/15/2014Our waiter was Shawn (sp) and he did an awesome job of ensuring that our order was correct and that Fathers' Day was to be celebrated. The restaurant did run out of the lobster bisque and the Chantilly cream but it was still a good experienceSpecial Features:
- Good, but not for milk allergyb4theatreDined on 6/15/2014The food was undoubtedly well prepared but - be forewarned - if you're allergic to milk, there will be precious little for you to eat. They try to accommodate, but it's inherent in just about every recipe from the only bread (with parmesan baked on) to nearly every dish slathered with butter and/or cheese. And there's no margarine available for plain baked potato. That aside we appreciated the attentive service (almost too much) and food cooked to perfect done-ness.
- Best Steaks in the AreaCindyDined on 6/15/2014I've been to R. Chris, Forbes and feel this is the best of the bunch. The steaks were perfectly cooked, tender and tasty with wonderful sides to accompany. Great bar as well with excellent happy hour specials. Would recommend for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladaDined on 6/15/2014Outstanding as usual! Never disappointed. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Memorable Anniversary DinnerRickyLucyDined on 6/9/2014We were looking for somewhere special to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. I noticed Flemings on the Open Table website. Once I clicked on their menu, and read reviews I knew I found the perfect spot! I wanted lobster with drawn butter and my husband's favorite choice is steak....perfect they were both on the menu...and my two favorite desserts are crème brulee and cheesecake. It was dark and romantic !! The food was top notch, the service top notch....everything I look for in a restaurant.....FOOD, AMBIANCE AND SERVICE !!!! They also did some very rare and surprising special extras for us....the waitress & manager congratulated us, presented us with a box of truffles and a gold card w/discount to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Steak House AtmosphereBaltimoreVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great service, delicious steaks and romantic atmosphere make Flemings a great choice for dinner. The creamed spinach is scrumptious. Wedge salad perfect. Can't go wrong with any cut of meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2014We went for my sisters 4oth birthday. It was pricey, but overall great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/29/2014Steaks and sides are awesome. A bit overpriced. Wines were extremely overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerGordonVIPDined on 5/25/2014Great time with family for my Daughter-in-law's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong order Long wait. No apologiesMmmsteakumsVIPDined on 5/24/2014As the title says, we ordered. Waited a long time. And got the wrong order. As part of a birthday party, I just accepted the steak which was the wrong cut and done-ness. Didn't really get an apology or did it seem anyone cared.
- Second time confirms first opinionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014While this restaurant is highly rated, it is really just highly priced. Losts of upselling by staff. Cutomers are not told that everything is ala cart. Staff just asks "soup or salad with that" withou saying would you like to "add" a soup or salad that costs $10 -12. This continues throughout the meal. Food is good, but way overpriced. There are far better options for just as good a meal or better for a far more fair price.Special Features:
- Great SteakOaklandMikeDined on 5/19/2014Wonderful experience. Service couldn't be better. Pricey but worth it! Be sure to try their tomahawk ribeye for 2!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThumbsUp for Fleming'skiltforfunDined on 5/18/2014Every thing about our evening at Flemings was fantasitc Food was excellent Service prompt efficient yet not rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly Wonderful ExperienceDaraDimplesDined on 5/14/2014Our dinner was one of the best meals we have ever had and our server, Sean! Was a gem. Our experience was just what we hoped it would be for our 48th anniversary. The steak was so extremely tender and the rest of the meal was flawlessly prepared, too. The wine recommended by Sean was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Choice for Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/11/2014Took mom here for mother's day brunch. Brunch menu was nice but limited (no steak or fish, only prime rib); we ordered off the regular menu. Service and food and wine list were good; steaks very tender and had good flavor. Restaurant was very loud when we arrived (1:30pm), but sound level came down as the tables turned. Then you heard the ambient music, wished they could have played instrumental jazz instead of top 40s vocals. I would come back for a non-holiday dinner.Special Features:
- Mothers DayTahoetravellerVIPDined on 5/11/2014We love Flemings for Easter, Mothers & Father's Day Brunches. Elegant, superior service, in a lovely setting. Dinners are also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Over priced and noisy. food wasn't special. Had better elsewhere for cheaper. Drinks way too expensiveSpecial Features:
- Fleming's SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2014Food is always great and service is typically very good. This night was an off night because table service was very slow and they even forgot to bring out our salads. I probably won't go back to this location....how do you forget to bring out the salads? There also was a weak response to the error and never saw the manager, which is standard operating procedure. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cachinkHaroldVIPDined on 5/2/2014Other Flemmings are finer ~ lScottsdael Az Flemmings is exceptional] but this Walnut creek Flemmings is the most expensive ever! 4 medium shrimps called "jumbo"on the menu are almost 20 dollars? steaks in the 50 $ range are a la carte ,, Harris restaurant in San Francisco is a measure stick for steak houses ...and at Harris one gets a potato &vegetable and fixings.. ..Flemmings wants 10$ for a baked potato....Flemmings steaks are tasty but not worth this highest price.Special Features:
- Great FoodJulieVIPDined on 4/30/2014My husband and I went here for our 20 year wedding anniversary. The food was fabulous! We had the shrimp cocktail and I've never seen shrimp so big! They were delicious. The clam Chowder was fabulous, too. We shared the large filet mignon and we were in heaven. It was perfectly cooked and so good! The service was great, as was the wine, cheesecake dessert, and yummy chocolate truffles. The ONLY thing we didn't like was how dark it is in the restaurant. I know some people love that atmosphere, but for me it was too dark and a strain on my eyes. Nonetheless, we will be back!Special Features:
- Family restaurantSammyDined on 4/28/2014Our family have used F every other months because of a great food, wine and friendly service like homeSpecial Features:
- AmazingSteelerchickDined on 4/27/2014It was our first time and it was amazing. The waiter was always checking on us. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2014Best Steak ever!!! Will definetely go again and again.Special Features:
- quality at a costrocyksimoVIPDined on 4/25/2014We're Fleming faithfuls, and appreciate the consistent quality service and food. And, while we understand beef has gone up, we were a bit taken aback by the new prices. This won't stop us from visiting in the future, butmay affect how often...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely MagnificentMichelleVIPDined on 4/25/2014We came here for my husband's birthday and the service was off the hook. It has gotten much better lately and we've been going for the last few years. We absolutely love it. I am gluten free, and they served me some veggies with ranch dressing without me even asking! We were greeted by so many employees asking if all was okay - throughout the dinner - including an operating partner. Service is the new sales - and they are doing a great job. Thank you!Special Features:
- Another Awesome ExperienceBeeSFDined on 4/24/2014My husband and I visit here quite often. We have never been let down :) Food, Fun, and Fancy! The French Onion Soup is to die for... literally! I usually starve myself before heading to dinner that day, so that my appetite is ready and authentic.Special Features:
- DependableJanetVIPDined on 4/23/2014Liked the Newport filet...so nice to have a steak that wasn't huge!Special Features:
- Once again, Fleming's was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2014This time we did the Sunday prime rib special. Great portions, prime rib was perfectly done. When you want red meat, this is the place!Special Features:
- Love2eatDined on 4/16/2014Our server was great,we believe her name was either Haley or Helen. She was very attentive and gave great suggestions not only on the wine for my fiance but on the food as well. She was one of the best servers I've made in quite a while. We will definitely come back again. Our overall experience was one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING FOODRyanNiedzwieckiPirtzDined on 4/9/2014OUTSTANDING FOOD, COOKED PERFECTLY, KIND OF PRICEY, VERY ROMANTIC, EXTREMELY QUIET, TREMENDOUSLY EXCELLENT SERVICE. ENOUGH SAID!! GREAT RESTAURANT. WOULD LIKE TO SEE PRICES COME DOWN A BIT, THOUGH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stuff! We had been toCrickConnoisseurDined on 4/7/2014Great stuff! We had been to a Flemings in Costa Mesa in the past, but I think the experience here was much nicer. The bone-in RibEye was amazing! (Puts Ruth Chris to shame). My wife had the Petite Filet which was also cooked perfectly. Dinner is not cheap here, but you do get what you pay for. Our server told us "I do not know much about a lot of things...But I do know 2 things very well. Steak and Wine!" lol. She was very nice and her recommendations proved her correct. One last thing, Make reservations! We sort of forgot that part until the day of our dining experience. We were able to get in albeit a little later than planned but if it were a weekend we may have been out of luck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings offers a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/7/2014Flemings offers a wonderful atmosphere that caters to its guests. The staff have always gone beyond the exceptional!Special Features:
- Good steaksTabTVIPDined on 4/6/2014Steaks and service are consistently good; ambiance is nice. I would recommend the carrot cake for dessert...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Noisy and food inconsistent. For the money, I expected much more.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousIlovesteakDined on 4/4/2014We come here for many of their specials. We enjoyed the steak and lobster menu this time. Everything is as expected/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlemingsKelseyDined on 4/4/2014The food was very expensive. For the price, the steak should have been tender. Service was good but a bit intrusive. It was very dark. Wine markup very high.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014Wonderful experience and our waiter was great. He went above and beyond what a waiter would do. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday NightHarpDined on 3/30/2014Perfect choice. Food , Ambiance , and Customer Service was on Point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be prepared...expensiveAlawsonVIPDined on 3/29/2014Great food,service and environment...but expensive. It's the sides that add up. We loved our dinner and the restaurant was buzzing with people. The place to be in Walnut Creek!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great goodNeocleeseDined on 3/29/2014Great place for a good steak. Attentive server was very professional and took care of our needs. Have gone several times and is one of my favorite places to fine. Would be great if they opened one in San Francisco. Wonderful deserts also and cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.