Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa
4322 W. Boy Scout Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/fl/tampa
- Phone: 8138749463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa
Fleming's Steakhouse is the ultimate steakhouse destination for people seeking a stylish, lively and contemporary dining experience. Nationally renowned for our USDA Prime beef and steakhouse fare, Fleming's is equally celebrated for the ‘Fleming’s 100’, our award-winning wine list that features 100 wines by-the-glass, many available at $10 or less. While Prime beef reigns supreme, other flavorful dishes offered include chops, freshly grilled fish and poultry, generous salads and side orders. Whether you're enjoying a casual bite and glass of wine in our bar or an evening of indulgent dining, our goal at Fleming's is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine, to be enjoyed in the company of friends and family. We look forward to the pleasure of your company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (33)notable wine list (33)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (17)good for groups (14)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- I am not a big steak fan butMarkDined on 6/26/2011I am not a big steak fan but this was the best steak I have ever eaten. My 24 year old son, a steak fan, agreed. We each had 2 meals from our ribeye steaks. The service was exceptional. We will be back.
- We sent our ribeye back becauseflavorsofromeDined on 6/25/2011We sent our ribeye back because it was incredibly fatty - you couldn't take a bite that wasn't more fat than meat. The staff was very accommodating and apologetic and offered to serve something else. We then ordered the strip which although without the fat issue was mediocre in taste at best. Fleming's signature potato dish, cheesy with a strong jalapeno flavor, seemed more fitting for a roadhouse grill than a high end steak house. All in all, there was nothing (including the bearnaise sauce) that would drive me back to this restaurant. There is no balance of price and quality.
- It was a little more pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/24/2011It was a little more pricy than Ruth Chris, but not nearly as good. If you are spending the money, Ruth Chris is the way to go. Service was a little slow, like at a red lobster or olive garden-style restaurant; not the more personal attention you usually get at a finer-end resturant.
- Steak was good but I orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/17/2011Steak was good but I ordered sea scallops and they had an aftertaste. Don't believe the price point matches the quality of food.
- What an outstanding steakhouse!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2011What an outstanding steakhouse!! From the second we walked in the door, everyone was smiling and very helpful. We loved the ambiance and decor. The found was wonderful and very elegant, but large portions. Pretty, but not too pretty to be tasty. Our waitress was probably one of the best we've ever had. She never walked over to our table without a big smile and was on top of what we needed without hovering. We will be going back for sure.Special Features:
- The bone-in filet is outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2011The bone-in filet is outstanding! If they have it on the specials, you have to try it!! Still my favorite steak restaurant in all of Tampa!Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2011I always expect and receive great food and service here. They are friendly and knowledgeable. Very conscious of making sure their diners are attended to. Love it here!Special Features:
- Not worth the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/21/2011There are plenty of good steakhouses in the Tampa bay area, all of which have to compare to the grand daddy Berns. While Flemings Prime Steakhouse definately carried the price tag of berns, the steak didn't even compare. First off there was some type of coating on the meat, wasn't very good, then I ordered my steak medium rare and it came medium, what does it say when a steakhouse cannot even get the steak cooked the way it is ordered? I made reservations at Flemings for my girlfriends birthday, 2 weeks ago through Open Table, we arrived 10 minutes before our scheduled reservation and we ended up not in the main dining room but in the overflow room. The desserts were run of the mill. For this kind of money, almost 300 I won't be returning.
- The bone-in filet is outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2011The bone-in filet is outstanding! So good I keep coming back for it! If they have it on the specials, you have to try it!! Still my favorite steak restaurant in all of Tampa!
- Perfect Anniversary Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/15/2011This was exactly what I had in mind for our anniversary dinner! Quiet, romantic, excellent food and service! Overall great experience! My husband and I love to try new upscale restaurants and I typically leave extremely disappointed - not this time! We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Flemings was on our list ofHoodiesDined on 5/14/2011Flemings was on our list of places to try in Tampa. We have tried most other steakhouses in the area and are willing to try chains as well. The restrurant is well staffed as we had 2 waitress's for just our table. Drink menu is nice and roatates with the seasons. I had the French Onion which was good, just lacked that deep flavor we found at Berns. My girlfriend had the crab legs which were huge and perfeclty cooked. I had the bone in strip which was a large 20oz cut and perfectly cooked. The dinner is al la cart and the wine list is about a 60% markup so we walked out around $200 + tip. We had creme brule for desert and it was good, but not great. Overall it was a positive experience with nice ambiance and good food.Special Features:
- Food and Service were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/11/2011Food and Service were great. Noise level was a bit high because we were sitting close to the bar area. Sure tables on other side of dining room would have had lower noise level.Special Features:
- Not the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011First tried Fleming's a couple of years ago and it was good. It's been downhill since. Last 3 times there, food was not good, "filet" was tough and service left a lot to be desired. Will not be back.
- We went to Flemings to celebrateRosieVIPDined on 5/7/2011We went to Flemings to celebrate my mother's 89th birthday. The food was wonderful but what was truly outstanding was the level of service from the moment we arrived. From checking in at the front - they immediately said Happy Birthday to my mom. They gave us a wonderful quiet table (we requested quiet) and had a truly outstanding waiter (think his name was Mike). It really was a truly special evening for all! GREAT FOOD + GREAT Service+ GREAT Ambiance = PERFECT!Special Features:
- Bone-in Filet is incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2011The bone-in filet on the nightly specials was incredible! It was so good, I ate it two nights in a row! Service was very attentive and personalized, though can be a bit on the slow side (giving plenty of time for conversation.) I've tried all the major steak houses in Tampa, and always find Flemings to have the best tasting steaks, though it is not the cheapest.Special Features:
- My husband and I went to FlemingsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2011My husband and I went to Flemings on a Monday evening for our second anniversary. We had a gift card they gave us a year ago because my husband's steak was undercooked. They fixed the steak and have us the gift card. Great customer service! This time everything was perfect. They even gave us a small box of truffles as an anniversary gift.Special Features:
- I have eaten here frequentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2011I have eaten here frequently and overall am very satisfied. It is one of my favorites in the Tampa area. The good news is that the manager or assistant manager always make it a point to recognize me when I dine.Special Features:
- Fleming's is my favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/30/2011Fleming's is my favorite place to go around Tampa. Love the ambiance, the food, service, and of course, the wine! We'll come back for sure.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2011Great experience for our first time there. They pay attention to any special requests you make in advance (I had asked for a quiet table and noted it was my husband's birthday). I was glad I did as it was louder in the main dining area. Excellent place to go for dinner if you love wine and want a large selection to choose from by the glass. It was nice to be able to choose something different for each course.Special Features:
- Apps were great, but steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2011Apps were great, but steak was way under done. Service was super though, and they made every effort to make things right.
- Hostesses were welcoming andOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/28/2011Hostesses were welcoming and friendly. We were seated at a large banquet that was very comfortable. The server was efficient and our food was delicious. Nice portions, not too huge, food was hot and beautifully presented. Would definitely return and recommend!!Special Features:
- I am not typically an upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2011I am not typically an upscale diner and now I remember why. The restaurant is lovely, with a nice decor. The interior is romantically dim and creates the illusion of an intimacy that you buy into immediately. Most diners came dressed in their "good clothes," no jeans in sight. The booth seats are very comfortable and I've never had a more attentive waitstaff. There were few, if any, children which I consider a plus when trying to talk in a restaurant. The wine list is 4 pages longer than the menu; cocktails are divine. Price was as expected, portions were generous and the food was good. Between us all, we had prime rib, petite mignon and sole. I simply wasn't WOWed by the flavor of the meat which is, after all, what I want at a steakhouse.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service,hsdivaDined on 3/25/2011Excellent food and service, once again. We really enjoyed the evening. Very dependable choice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Sunday night feastTweeksDined on 3/20/2011Since we were there on a Sunday night, we had the chance to order the Prime Rib special which included a choice of salads, a side order and a dessert. What a choice! Started with the Fleming Salad and the Classic Caesar salad, which were OK. Then the Prime Rib, which were wonderful - - juicy, cooked just right. The side orders were creamed spinach and "half and half" (half an order of onion rings and half an order of fries), which were both great. The final joy was to each have a delicious dessert - - my wife had the chocolate lava cake, recommended by the waitress, and I had the Turtle pie, which was scrumptious. We will definitely return to Fleming's!Special Features:
- My wife and I took our daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2011My wife and I took our daughter and her boyfriend to Flemings for her 26th birthady. The food was delicious as usual. My wife had the pork special, she loved it. My daughter had Filet Mignon oscar. Her boyfriend had a Rib-eye and I had the lamb cooked to perfection. The service was attentive yet not intrusive. They brought a special dessert for my daughter's birthday a nice special touch.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingamydDined on 3/14/2011Typically my favorite restaurant, but I was underwhelmed this time around. I love food and the experience. The restaurant was not all too busy, yet our waiters would come and go and our food was average. For the amount we paid, the service should have been spectacular. That was an expensive meal for great ambiance.Special Features:
- Everyone at the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/6/2011Everyone at the restaurant was fabulous, friendly, helpful. The manager came by our table to see if we needed anything and suggested a perfect wine to accompany my meal. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2011This was our first time at Flemings and it lived up to our expectations. The steaks were wonderful!Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Went on February 14th nd it was a very nice experience for Valentines day. In fact, better than expected. The food was great along with the sevice. We arrived early before our resevation and the 5 for 6 at during happy hour at the bar was also a pleasant surprise. Would definitely go back and will take friends next time..Special Features:
- Wonderful exPerienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2011This was a wonderful dining experience with world class food and top notch service. I had visited Fleming for work meetings but this was with my wife and she was very pleased with the food and the service.Special Features:
- A few things that I observedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/6/2011A few things that I observed while dining...First, let me say the Filet Mignon was outstanding. Probably, it was the best I've ever had! The Seared Tuna came out cold, and we had to send it back. Without asking, they removed it from our bill...my husband said..."I'll be back".Special Features:
- Way too loud! Steaks are greatmorandcVIPDined on 1/5/2011Way too loud! Steaks are great & service is excellent. Great happy hour wine selection & prices.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, serviceLTD2013Dined on 12/31/2010The food was excellent, service could have been a little more personal from the standpoint of recommendations on food and accompanying wines. The part that we did not like was the noise level being extremely loud, it was hard to hear what we were saying to each other. This could be attributed to it being New Years eve.Special Features:
- First, I think Fleming's SteakhouseJC123Dined on 12/29/2010First, I think Fleming's Steakhouse is consistently good at any of their locations; however, I thought that this night's service was below the level it should be at a first rate restaurant. It was slow and the server was not engaged with being attentive to our table, which consistted of three business persons. One of the three Petite Filets ordered was not up to par and the waiter and manager tried to defend its appearance by saying it was the first end cut of the filet, which looked so different from the other two cuts... otherwise a good evening at a typically very good restaurant.
- The food and service wereFoodlover102Dined on 12/17/2010The food and service were very good (although it did a bit long for the waiter to take our order). In fact, we were not expecting either the food or service to be as good as it was. The only complaint, which others have complained about as well, is the high noise level. It is hard to talk, much less hear, the person sitting next to you.Special Features:
- My favorite dining spot. alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/2/2010My favorite dining spot. always love it. Great service AlwaysSpecial Features:
- We've eaten here before andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2010We've eaten here before and all of the food was excellent so maybe this is a one off. The Fleming salad and the Fleming potatoes were great however the filet was not. You come to a steakhouse to eat a great steak and if it's not great, the rest of the meal is just ok. My wifes salmon was very over cooked too. For the price you pay, it has to be great all the time because there are many other options close by that are always great like Ruth Chris and even J Alexanders which is my favoriteSpecial Features:
- I like Fleming's and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2010I like Fleming's and the food is usually very good. We didn't really like our server or table this time, but have had excellent service in the past. Make sure if you want to order their lava cake that you order it early enough, while you're eating, since it takes 20 minutes. Your server usually gives you a heads up, but our server didn't so we didn't order them this time since it would take too long.
- Best steak of all of the TampaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2010Best steak of all of the Tampa steakhouses I've tried. Great service on this visit. Lite Filet is perfect size, and comes with side of potatoes, leaving room in stomach and budget for the chocolate lava cake!Special Features:
- The Happy Hour Special atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2010The Happy Hour Special at the bar was great with $6 glasses of decent wine and fantastic service from the staff. The shrimp cocktail was disappointingly overcooked and I would not recommend the calamari, but the wedge salad was great with bacon and they chopped it and split it for us. My fault I guess for letting one of the bartenders talk us out of ordering their biggest and best steak and lobster dinners off the menu and choosing the "chef's special" that night of filet with tail. The "filet" was no more than an inch thick with a sliver of lobster meat on top. But Heidi the manager took care of us; and for that and the fantastic service I will go back and try it again.Special Features: