Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa
4322 W. Boy Scout Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/fl/tampa
- Phone: 8138749463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa
Fleming's Steakhouse is the ultimate steakhouse destination for people seeking a stylish, lively and contemporary dining experience. Nationally renowned for our USDA Prime beef and steakhouse fare, Fleming's is equally celebrated for the ‘Fleming’s 100’, our award-winning wine list that features 100 wines by-the-glass, many available at $10 or less. While Prime beef reigns supreme, other flavorful dishes offered include chops, freshly grilled fish and poultry, generous salads and side orders. Whether you're enjoying a casual bite and glass of wine in our bar or an evening of indulgent dining, our goal at Fleming's is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine, to be enjoyed in the company of friends and family. We look forward to the pleasure of your company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (33)notable wine list (33)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (17)good for groups (14)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Excellent Service- Sad SteakElisaVIPDined on 2/28/2014My husband and I have been talking about going to Flemings for quite some time. The moment we walked in the door, all was perfect. Servers are trained very well and it shows. We enjoyed our wait team very much. We ordered a wedge salad for an appetizer and it was delicious. Their bread with spreads were also very good. I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass and it was great! My husband's Ribeye however was overcooked and chewy. Definitely not worth the almost $50 for the steak alone. The potato side we had was excellent and he ended up eating most of that for his meal. It was a nice experience, just wish the steak would have been better for a steak house. Go with the fish, yum!Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodfashionistaVIPDined on 2/27/2014Chose Flemings because of its reputation and was very disappointed. Told them we were celebrating my son's college acceptance and another member of our party had another celebration as well. There was nothing special on the table or anything done to make our dinner feel special. The food portions were small and definitely not worth the money. Ridiculously overpriced and not even a special experience. Will NOT go there again!
- Great mealMikeVIPDined on 2/25/2014What a nice surprise. Apps were terrific, my steak was delicious and cooked exactly as I requested. My wife's fish was unbelievably delicious. Wine by the glass selection was impressive and the desert was to die for. Can't wait to return to the area to go again. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience!AshleyDined on 2/22/2014This was my first time here and our server Meena was great! The overall vibe was intimate and relaxed and the lighting was perfectly lit. The food was great! I ordered the prime ribeye which was 16oz. We ordered mashed popotatoes and Mac n cheese as sides and my husband ordered the filet mignon.11oz. I don't rven like Mac and cheese but this was good. The sides are big enough to share one. Overall Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usualwenttoeatDined on 2/17/2014the food exceeded our expectations! It also impressed our friends from out of town who had not been to Fleming's.Special Features:
- I love this restaurant .WeJanetVIPDined on 2/16/2014I love this restaurant .We went for Prime Rib night on Sunday and while the Prime Rib was good, it was not up to the standard that I have come to expect from Flemings.The service was excellent and I will return again in hopes that I will get the elusive prime rib I received before.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening !tripdineDined on 2/15/2014I have been looking forward to having a very nice dinner with my wife and daughter and Fleming's did not disappoint. Appetizers were great and the steaks were cooked to absolute perfection. I own a local country club so it was very nice to be hosted rather than being the host for this evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a steak houseLambiePieVIPDined on 2/15/2014I had the luscious pork chop and my BF had twin lobster tails which were sweet and tender. Nice wine list and appetizers were straightforward ( caesar salad and French onion soup) and delicious. We were too full for dessert, and they gave us 4 of the best chocolate truffles we have ever had. I can't wait to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as usual. Our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/14/2014Great food as usual. Our server was nice, but too busy...he did not manage his time well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favoriteJazzEGDined on 2/14/2014The staff, the food, the service, Flemings never fails to impress us. That's why it's one of our favorites and usually our first choice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!AKCBDined on 2/13/2014My Husband and I chose to go to Flemings a day early to celebrate valentine's day and had a wonderful time! Our food was great and our server was very nice and prompt! I also had the chocolate lava cake and it was to die for! At the end of our meal we were given a little box of chocolates for valentine's day! It was so sweet. I'll definitely go back to Flemings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYkitkatDined on 2/13/2014We started out with the wedge salad very good it had a block of blue cheese and 2 slices of bacon on it! I had the pock chop and my husband had the swordfish both were so good cooked perfect! Sides are extra I would suggest ordering 2 different sides and sharing the portions are big enough to split. The loaded baked potato was very good. We were to stuffed to even order desert! I would recommend this place to everyone. I had 2 glasses of wine as well and our check came to $113.00.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was an issueFlemingsDined on 2/8/2014Our waiter ignored us for 15 minutes and never advised us they had specials. My wife was clearly upset and the service ruined our dinner. Food was 5 star and excellent and service was a big problem. Eric Schnairsohn 813 480 9681Special Features:
- OutstandingRobertBDined on 2/8/2014We went for my 50th and had an excellent dinner as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationminimammyDined on 2/3/2014Special occasion outing. Dining experience was overall highly satisfactory. For just a food experience, it is one of the best dining experiences of late. The noise level is a bit to much for a romantic evening especially if you are seated in the center of the room.Special Features:
- Just OKPonchovilaDined on 2/2/2014Nothing terrible about this place. Took friends out for a Birthday celebration. Three filets and a prime rib special. Prime rib was OK, only worth it because of the included salad,side and dessert. All three filets, in spite of medium rare on two, were somewhat dry and overdone on the outside.Taste was good, not bad enough to send back, but somewhat disappointing, particularly at the price. With so many excellent steak houses in Tampa, I have to move this one several notches down on the list. Even though the service was very good and the food acceptable, there are better places at these prices and places just as good for a lot less.Special Features:
- Better than expected.LewAVIPDined on 2/2/2014We had not been to Fleming's for over 7+ years. On the last visit it was just so, so... unimpressive. This time the beef was real quality, the wine list was very good, as was the service.Special Features:
- A bit of a disappointmentpjmflDined on 2/1/2014Extremely expensive for the area. Our waiter, Winston was very good; everything else was just OK. Nothing outstanding about our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always!DebNTDined on 1/31/2014We love eating here, and this time was excellent. We actually tried the lobster tail with caviar and it was so delish! We weren't sure if we'd like it, so we ordered one to share. The kitchen was kind enough to split it for us before it even came to the table. Service was excellent, drinks were yummy and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not life changingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/27/2014Our server was a little pushy. Suggested the calamari and said it was the best thing ever and we were def disappointed. Left much to be desired. However our entrees were amazing and the dessert was phenomenal. They have a very descriptive wine list and that was a nice touch. Worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT food, some hiccups.briankalishDined on 1/27/2014Flemings did, again, manage to make my wife's birthday memorable. Our waiter, Dragon (yes, that's his REAL name, was awesome and we never had to really ask for anything. My wife got the NY Strip which was medium when she asked for medium well, but it was still good. I chose a NY Strip special with cajun seasoning. When they came to the table, my steak was 40% smaller than my wife's. I asked why and Dragon told me that the steak I chose was 12oz and her's was 18oz. WTF!!?? It didn't mention the steak size on the menu, so I assumed it would be just as big, since we have gotten the regular NY Strip before. The molten lava cake did not ooze hardly any chocolate, but they made it up to us.Special Features:
- Great SpotMikeDined on 1/27/2014Great selection for entertaining clients. Service and food were excellent and a great wine selection rounded things out.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent.TonyVIPDined on 1/26/2014Everything was excellent. The lava cake for desert was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/25/2014Group of 4 with a later reservation, dinner was fantastic, appetizers were delicious. Wine list was nice, ordered from an iPad, which made ordering easy. Steaks were awesome, each person at our table ordered a different cut and each came out perfect. Sides were large and enough to share.Special Features:
- Flemings experiencesteakloversDined on 1/25/2014The food was excellent, our table great. And our server was also great. We had a reservation a 8pm on sat nite. We were a party of 4 having picked up 2 people from the airport whose plane was a half hour early. We got there at 7:20 early for our reservation. The hostess had no problem seating us early which was exxceptional since some restaurants push you off to the bar until your time. We all had steak but different ones ranging from NY strip, filet mignon and rib eye. All were prepared exactly as we wanted. Our appetizer we shared was the seafood tower with lobster, crab legs, stone crab legs and shrimp, all fresh and delicious. We had a wonderful time and a delightful experience. Will be back again and would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Party is HappyDrSamDined on 1/24/2014We had a party of 9. The service was excellent. The food was top notch. Would enjoy eating there again.Special Features:
- Very Good to excellent foodUncleTesterDined on 1/22/2014Very Good to excellent food and service.. Extensive wine list, drinks are somewhat expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food was excellent andrredmjDined on 1/19/2014Our food was excellent and our waiter Winston was the BEST! We had a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- The great outdoorsKate3Dined on 1/18/2014We had an 8:15pm reservation but arrived at 6:45pm. The restaurant was a mob scene but we saw there was outdoor dining so we tried it and loved it. There was only one other couple out there. The warmth from the outdoor heaters provided a cozy ambiance. We had Flemings salads and prime rib sandwiches and a Pino Noir, Angeline. The evening was so pleasant and delicious. I will go back the next time we travel to Tampa. We have eaten at Flemings in Marlton,NJ and Scottsdale Az and are always pleased with the food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Celebrationssus56VIPDined on 1/17/2014When we were seated they gave both of the Birthday people were given BD cards with their names and welcoming them to Flemings. As Always we enjoyed our evening. It is a very short and pleasant ride to Tampa from Clearwater and well worth the drive. So Go!!!Special Features:
- Major DisappointmentLisalivinlife13Dined on 1/10/2014We were there a total of 3 hrs for a party of 2....very slow service and food was disappointing. My boyfriends tiny baby size steak cost almost $40 and was burnt and the potatoes had burnt cheese on top, not very appetizing. We both noted that the atmosphere was nice but the restaurant seemed suprisingly louder than expected. I ordered the blood orange margarita which I must say was WONDERFUL but very pricey for it's small size and when I ordered a 2nd one it took FOREVER to receive.
- Disappointed This TimeThomasDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I went to Fleming's for an early New year's eve dinner. We have always had a great dining experience there. I guess I need to blame this poor dining experience on the fact that the restaurant on this holiday was swamped with diners. The food was simply subpar compared to our many other dining experiences there. Both the steak and lobster we both had was simply subpar. The lobster was tough and the medium-well steak I ordered turned out to be medium-rare. Almost uneatable for me. They asked if I wanted to send it back but I hate that as when that happens I watch my wife eat and then she watches me eat. For over $200, it wasn't worth it at all. Just a poor night out for dinner at Flemings. Will reconsider for next year.Special Features:
- Very good food, very loud dining rmOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013The food was great, service was off but it was New Years Eve and they were packed, but that's really not an excuse for a fine dining establishment. However the dining area was extremely loud, we could barely hear our server and I was hoarse after we got home. It was more like eating in a club than a nice restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, but pricey and noisydank1dadDined on 12/31/2013This was our second experience at Fleming's in a month. Because our first experience was not so good, the manager (Jorge) offered us a $50 gift certificate to try them again. And while the steak quality was better this time around (after sending one back for being overcooked), I must say that the food quality failed to outshine their partner restaurant, Outback Steakhouse, to the point it would be worth the price difference and the drive to Fleming's again. I consider Fleming's primary competition at this price point to be Ruth's Chris, and they simply don't measure up. Also the background music was totally inappropriate for this caliber restaurant (too loud, too much rock). The server seemed equally mystified by the music choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supersus56VIPDined on 12/29/2013Wonderful as always, what a great restaurant, staff and managmentSpecial Features:
- A FAbulous timeRNFoodieDined on 12/27/2013Went with our friends for dinner, the food, the wine, the service were all outstanding. A Special thanks to Luis R for making it a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming's has always beenSweeneDined on 12/23/2013Fleming's has always been one of my favorite Steakhouses. My husband ordered the Peppercorn crusted New York Strip and it was very good. My filet, however, needed seasoning and the Gorgonzola Cream Sauce I ordered with it was bland, as well. In addition, my filet was a bit undercooked. Overall, the experience was good, but not exceptional, especially for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too pricey; too loudWinchestersDined on 12/13/2013Food was good but slow to arrive at the table. Restaurant is too loud if you want to have table conversation. Prefer other restaurants that are less pricey, less noise, more ambience and better service.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2013As a treat for myself in my birthday week, I had dinner at Flemings. I told my server I was in no hurry and ended up there all evening, leisurely eating a fabulous meal. Even though I was by myself, my service was extraordinary. In celebration of my birthday, to my delighted surprise, I was given some chocolates and a gift card as I left. Some places treat solo diners as less than human but not Flemings.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to dineQueenieDined on 12/7/2013Another trip to Flemmings with the family was enjoyable as usual. The staff and food are great. My only objection might be the noise level. We had to shout at times to hear eachothers conversations. Overall though, we we enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.