Fleming's Steakhouse - LA
800 West Olympic Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - LA
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/los-angeles
- Phone: 2137459911
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - LA
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Fleming's Steakhouse - LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - LA reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)notable wine list (48)good for groups (38)romantic (36)fit for foodies (35)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (14)great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Exceptional food and managerPreciousVIPDined on 5/3/2014We were celebrating a birthday and we are very picky when it comes to steak and this establishment did not dissapoint. The dry aged rib eye was very tasty. The fried calamari and crabcakes appetizers were delicious and I'm very particular about those dishes as well. Lava cake is a must have and creme brulee was good. Our server was just ok but the manager was really the one that made our night. He personally came over to chat with us and gave the birthday girl an extra gift in addition to the chocolate truffles. She loved the gift and had a wonderful birthday dinner here! I've ate at the Flemings in Boston in the past and was dissapointed with the quality of the meat but this location has good quality food and excellent cooks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Cable ShowSteveDined on 5/1/2014Went here on May 1 and had a great filet which was done to perfectionSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food!!FirstFoodieDined on 4/25/2014The BEST, most sinful Mac & Cheese ever created! My filet mignon was so tender. The waiters are very nice and answer all your questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/23/2014Lunch was great, as was service. Never disappointed going here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in town!BluffHeightsVIPDined on 4/20/2014This is my go to restaurant for great steaks and GREAT service! Never disappointed! The restaurant is close to all the hit spots if the LA scene....very vibrant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & PersonalityChrisVIPDined on 4/19/2014The food & ambiance were great, but when you're paying $50 for a steak you should expect that. What really made the evening and the experience outstanding was the team of servers lead by Stephanie. Stephanie not only coordinated our dinner to be at just the right pace, but she made the night special by indulging our party of 3 USC coeds, our 17 y.o. son, my wife & I, by posing in some staged photos of Stephanie checking my daughter's newly-legal ID. Stephanie's overall personality, hospitality & attention to detail, helped make our daughter's 21st birthday a memorable one. Also props to the mgt. for not slacking just because of your location, as many restaurants do. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:
- UN-Happy HourdleeVIPDined on 4/18/2014Flemings promotes their 657 happy hour from 5-7 BUT when we got there at 615, they told us its only good to 6pm at their location, eventhough they still had the happy hour menus on tables in the bar. When the waitress finally showed up (after 10 minutes) she told us we couldn't order from that menu?? It totally false advertising!! We left
- Excellent!MariaDined on 4/17/2014The food is A+, the service is A+. The bar is a little crammed so I wouldn't go there for the bar but it's decent while you wait for your party or table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Food.GaryaraDined on 4/11/2014Great Service and Food. They really know how to grill a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clippers were playing a homemad4uclaDined on 4/9/2014Clippers were playing a home game and the crowd was a little loud before the gameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here, loved it!YummmDined on 4/5/2014First time here, loved it! Food and service was excellent. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- It was game night at Staples,LuvGoodFoodDined on 4/2/2014It was game night at Staples, but it's almost always game night at LA Live. Our food was very slow in arriving. The waiter said sorry on several occasions, using "it's game night" as an excuse. We were getting a little worried we were going to miss the start of the game. Once we got our appetizers, the salad came quick and then the main dish. They were trying to make up for lost time, but it really hurts the overall experience when this happens. We ended up making the game on time, but it came at a price.Special Features:
- BEST SERVICE EVEROTREVIPDined on 3/31/2014I like Fleming's and eat their often. This time, I was with a friend who really did not know that medium rare means RED at this steakhouse. She sent her steak back twice. Our waiter, the manager and another waiter all were very happy to make sure her steak was exactly the way she wanted it. Birthdays are great at Fleming's too. Birthday guests get a gift card for the next time they return. All and all a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Exceptional Dining!AnonymousVIPDined on 3/31/2014This was a retirement celebration and we enjoyed an outstanding lunch .....the menu was wonderful and the cuisine was perfectly prepared and graciously served. We loved this exceptional dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceGigglyGirl1989Dined on 3/30/2014Our server was very pleasant and made drinks and appetizer suggestions. I ordered the Manhattan Martini (delicious!!) and my boyfriend ordered the Sapphire-a-tonic. We had BBQ shrimp as an appetizer, which had a bit of a kick to it (we loved it). We then ordered our entrée: I ordered the Lobster tails and he ordered the Dry Rub Prime NY Strip. We both shared a side of sautéed mushrooms (which the server recommended). Excellent choices!!! We had nothing negative to say about the meal or the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great steakroyaleatsDined on 3/28/2014All steaks she filled with juice spices and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and SaltyClimberVIPDined on 3/25/2014I went there with my wife and daughter before a Lakers game. The service was excellent and steaks very good.. That said, all the sides had tons of butter and salt. We had 1 steak, 3 sides, a salad and two drinks. You can imagine my surprise when I got the bill and it was $156. You have got to be kidding! Spago in Beverly Hills is cheaper and the food far bett. I won't ever go back there again. Next time it's the Palm for us.
- Terrific pre-Disney Hall MealchannelplaceVIPDined on 3/24/2014wonderful steaks, service, and chopped salad. carrot cake exquisite--moist and delicious with cream cheese frosting--the extra whipped cream was a nice touch all the servers were very helpful, and validated parking was very convenient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food and serviceOntheroadDined on 3/19/2014Wait staff excellent. Food was decent. Ambience was comfortable for business dinner. Had us located in smaller room off main dining area, meant a lower noise level which was great for conversation. Overall, very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceHoneyDined on 3/11/2014This is a great place to go anytime for any occasion. See you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaksHBfoodieVIPDined on 3/10/2014We arrived in time for happy hour. Good cocktails and appetizers for a reasonable price. We were seated promptly at our reservation time in a nice booth. Our server met us right away and continued to provide excellent service throughout our meal. For starters we shared the Fleming Sald which was enough to split. I ordered the Dry Aged Rib Eye and my wife ordered the Petite Filet Mignon, both were cooked to perfection and delicious. I ordered the Alaskan King Crab Leg side for my steak. It was flavorful but an extremely small portion for a price of $12.95. Do not waste you money.Outdoor seating is available but the patio area is located adjacent to the busy Olympic Blvd and Figueroa intersection. Not too private and rather noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing for a FlemingsDineOutAlotDined on 3/8/2014We have been to Flemings Bev. Hills & Fashion Island. Each time I order the same thing: Flemings Salad, Little plate: Sliced Filet, Fries, Coffee, Dessert. My salad had a very bad house dressing, not the same as their other restaurants; the filet while very good only came with 3 brochette "balls" instead of slices (gummy rice underneath); fries soggy; creme brulee sans creme & rum; ho hum coffee where in their other restaurants served in a BIG cup, to die for flavor. Maybe an off night for them BUT their products should be consistent in ALL restaurants. Tab was $170.00 & we only had one cocktail. Will not be back to this location.Special Features:
- Delicious steakPerezjjDined on 3/7/2014The Prime Ribeye was very tender and had a lot of flavor. The sides were delicious and plenty enough to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A waiter can ruin it allbkcamargoDined on 3/2/2014Flemings is one our favorite restaurants food is always excellent but this last experience with our waiter, who was untuned to customer service ruin our anniversary dinner. so will we be returning to this location? nope!
- I had pre-arranged a dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2014I had pre-arranged a dinner engagement for 10 business professionals to attend. The service was well rounded and certainly no hovering, perfect timing with presentation even though they were extremely busy. Great choice when in downtown L.A..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress and manager, Micheal,FrankDined on 2/18/2014Waitress and manager, Micheal, were friendly and provided great customer service.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestDisappointedVIPDined on 2/15/2014For the price, can find much better quality food, disappointing.
- Great spot for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/13/2014Great spot for special occasions (pricey). Table was ready on time. Food and service were wonderful. Server made good suggestions and was knowledgeable about both menu & wine list. The server was available but never hovered. Definitely would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Excellent Customer Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated our anniversary this past visit to Flemings. It was our first time there and our server was more than happy to go over their menu selection. The food came out quickly and at perfect temperatures. Nothing was overcooked nor undercooked. Moreover, the portions were gigantic! We ordered a cheesecake and they took an added step and wrote "happy anniversary". They also gave us a box of truffles and a $25 gift card to come back next time.Special Features:
- Great Foot and EnergyMikeyG412Dined on 2/11/2014Filet mignon and blood orange margaritas made this a memorable dinner for me and my clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014I'd like to think I'm pretty experienced with higher end steakhouses (Mastro's, Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Lawry's, etc.) and the overwhelming impression I came away with at Flemings was that it's decent, but overpriced. I'm fine with spending $50-60 on a good steak, but then to not provide any sides or salads with it makes you feel like you're being nickel and dimed. And when one of our party got the added lobster "steak companion" it was nearly laughable. One mouthful of lobster for 14 bucks? The steak was good, but not $90-100 per person (not including wine) good. Other than the prices, the service was good and the location at LA Live is fine.Special Features:
- Pre- George Strait concertHollyPDined on 2/8/2014We decided to celebrate Valentine's a week early with the concert & dinner. Although we have been to Staples often, we had never eaten at Flemings & had often discussed that we should. Although the restaurant was extremely busy, the service was very good, from the person pouring the water & bringing bread, to our waiter, to the Manager walking around & checking with each table to make sure everything was OK. The ribeye was cooked perfectly, the sides were excellent. Overall just a phenomenal experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok TimeMarkFujDined on 2/6/2014Had an OK time. The waitress we has seemed not to be in a good mood or just not that pleasant. She was also not that attentive. The food was ok but the side of crab for the steak had a lot of the fiberous tissue left in. Most other places remove this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for an early dinner afterRaptordashVIPDined on 2/1/2014Went for an early dinner after a Kings game. Although the restaurant states it opens at 5pm, we walked by at 4:pm and it was open. So we cocktails and dinner in a cozy booth. Cocktails seem to be a little on the weak side. The food is very good. Delicious New Yoirk Strip Steaks and sides of mac and cheese, mushrooms, creamed spinach.Special Features:
- Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/1/2014So I've been to Mastro's, Morton's, Ruth Chris and several other fancy steakhouses - however I must say that Fleming's is at the top of my list. Their service and food is consistent every time and it's always a wonderful treat to dine here. I would recommend this steakhouse for special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries cause they give a nice box of truffles and a $25 gift card. Super sweet. My favorite is the Porcini rubbed Filet Mignon! So tender and juicy plus the gorgonzola cream is delicious.Special Features:
- Very Nice EveningSoCalREOAgentDined on 1/28/2014Made reservations through Open Table on the night of the Lakers/Knicks game. Extremely busy, but atmosphere was pleasant, interesting, and overall friendly. Food was excellent, and service was above average. Look forward to my next trip to LA Live and dinner at Flemings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before Laker gameOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/28/2014This is my go to place before every Lakers game!! Great food...great service! My favorites are the Lobster Tempura, the bone-in Ribeye and the chipotle Mac n Cheese! Do yourself a favor!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although I'm not a big fanPSILoveFoodVIPDined on 1/21/2014Although I'm not a big fan of chain restaurants, Fleming's is one of my favorites. However, this time my experience was no where near my expectations. The music inside was way too loud, making it nearly impossible to hold conversations. Ordered dry-aged rib-eye, and it tasted like a steak tasted like something from Outback Steakhouse (their lower-end sister chain). As a regular, I was very disappointed...
- Always a great visitPotofaceFooDDined on 1/20/2014I'm always happy EVERY VISIT. Awesome service, good wine list, yummy eats! For me, I can never go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Prime RibFoodieDined on 1/19/2014We went to Fleming's Steakhouse before a show at the Nokia Theatre. Since it was a Sunday, Fleming's had their Prime Rib dinner special which includes salad and dessert. The prime rib was delicious and the side of grilled asparagus was tasty. For dessert, I had the creme brulee which was delicious. The service was excellent. Our server was attentive and friendly. Highly recommend Fleming's for a pre-theatre meal, but do allow sufficient time because the service can be slow at times.Special Features: