El Gaucho - Bellevue
450 108th Avenue Northeast
City Center Plaza
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
El Gaucho - Bellevue
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/
- Phone: 4254552715x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: Service beginning at 5:00pm
Happy Hour: Sunday: 5pm-close; Monday: 2pm to close; Tuesday – Friday: 2pm – 6pm; Saturday: 5pm – 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef John Broulette
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music 7 days a week.
- Special Events: Private dining at El Gaucho is a memorable occasion. Our beautiful and incomparable private rooms are available for lunch and dinner service Monday through Friday and dinner service on the weekends. We also provide buyouts of our entire restaurant. Please contact Whitney Twede at 425.455.2742 or email@example.com for information.
- Cross Street: Between NE 4th & NE 8th Streets
- Public Transit: Located next to the NE 6th Street Transit Center.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Take exit 13a from I-405 for NE 4th Street. Drive west on NE 4th toward downtown Bellevue. Turn right onto 108th Ave NE. Take first right into the driveway between the First Mutual Bank building and the China Trust Bank building. This will lead you between the two buildings through the courtyard up to the City Center Plaza building.
Self-parking in the garage is validated for up to 3 hours. Valet parking is available evenings for $7.
A word from El Gaucho - Bellevue
El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on elegant old-school, tableside service for people celebrating their lives.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
El Gaucho - Bellevue - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
El Gaucho - Bellevue reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)romantic (100)fit for foodies (64)notable wine list (62)good for groups (48)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (18)great for brunch (18)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- Delightful experienceBLBWDined on 4/19/2014My sister and I celebrated her birthday here. We enjoyed a leisurely stay without feeling pressured to move on. Our waitress was friendly and attentive, not overly-so in either way. The food was good, and the steak was enough to have a second meal at home the next day. It is truly for a special event as far as I am concerned due to the high cost of items on the menu. I would return, for another special event. Their private dining areas look great for group gatherings. Live music in the background was nice. Free parking was nice. I cannot comment on the wine since I don't drink it, but the wine list is literally a book!Special Features:
- Great dinner, awesome nightGrrnightDined on 4/18/2014One of the best dinners I've had for a long time. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMalibugirlVIPDined on 4/18/2014Delicious! We had the steak and lobster table carving. So amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the food was delicious.swarmieDined on 4/13/2014All the food was delicious. They variety of food was,wonderful. Great twists on the regular brunch foods. My only complaint was that the hot food in the warmers was not hot enough. That was a little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think they may have beenJulieDined on 4/12/2014I think they may have been understaffed. We didn't see our server much but the rest of the staff made up for her. The food overall was delicious but there were a few let downs. Overall we had fun and enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bellevue TreatRonRVIPDined on 4/10/2014El Gaucho is a beautiful, modern restaurant located in the Bellevue City Center. The food and wine list were excellent. Great fish and steak choices. Everything we ordered, from appetizers to desserts were delicious. I highly recommend El Gaucho - Bellevue. Dr. RSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014From the valet to the bananas foster this was a night to remember. The welcome was warm, the food was extraordinary, as was the check. Our server could have been a bit more attentive but the attention we received was genuine. If you have an occasion to celebrate El Gaucho is a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El Gaucho is always a favorite.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Fantastic service and delicious food. It's a treat every time we go there. Rarely ever disappointed and if we are, they work hard to fix it immediately. If you have never been, it's worth a try for sure!Special Features:
- If you want to get to know someoneBarnhappyDined on 4/4/2014If you want a delicious, leisurely dinner with feeling unhurried and yet well tended too -- El Gaucho is your place. My friend and I met there for a blind date. We had a WONDERFUL dinner. The food was so good, and the drinks were delicious. The El Gaucho Lemondrop is the best around --anywhere. Jamal and Manny the waiters are so cool! Knowledgable, personable, professional -- they gave us such wonderful service. Both encouraged us to relax and enjoy our meal and time together, and we both felt like they meant it! We finished our enjoyable experience with a taste test of the top two vodka''s recommended by Manny -- so fun! Time flies when you are having a good time - we were there for 4 1/2 hr! Best date and dinner experience ever!Special Features:
- Always a treat!NancyKDined on 3/31/2014As always, delicious food and exceptional service.Special Features:
- Lasting MemoryVloveDined on 3/25/2014The Ambience, the service that makes you feel you and your spouse are the only people in the room. The food was wonderful, the flavors spoke to me. I'm from Ohio, The best dining experience we've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for boyfriend's birthdaybassandsnakesDined on 3/23/2014A friend gave my boyfriend a gift card to here for his birthday a few years ago and we just finally used it. I booked our reservation, in the notes I wrote that it was for his birthday. Upon arrival, they greeter wished him a happy birthday. We were about 20 minutes early and were sat right away. On our table was a little card, sign by the staff, wishing him a happy birthday. Our server and two or three other staff member stopped by and wished him a happy birthday. They even gave him a free slice of cheesecake! They checked up on us regularly and prepared food at our table. It was nice and quiet, with great live piano music. He loved their spicy margarita and they gave me samples of like 20K wines before I finally picked one. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestgreatDined on 3/23/2014El Guacho has been a symbol of fine dining for as long as I have been going. From the original Seattle restaurant to the one in Bellevue. The food and especially the attention from the wait staff is 5 star.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerISLLCDined on 3/21/2014Dining at El Gaucho, Bellevue is always a special experience. The menu, service and ambience is first rate. We are always made to feel as though we are the only customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014Food was good. Wish it had same ambiance as seattle and tacoma was does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2014El Gaucho - Bellevue has a professional and personable staff who positively add to the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food....sub par servicecpdowskiDined on 3/18/2014I've been to a couple of these steak houses in the past and have been blown away by the quality of food, wine, and overall service. The El Gaucho in Bellevue, WA (below Microsoft bldg) did not live up to these expectations. Don't get me wrong, the food is outstanding but when a party of 4 sits for dinner and spends close to $800 for steaks, wine, and some Cafe Diablo, one expects this to be 5 star treatment. The service was OK...what one would expect dining out a neighborhood chain. I was hoping for a little more excitement out of the staff and one would think the manager would drop by and see how things were going. That didn't happen. The Sommelier was great and picked out a perfect bottle of wine for our food. 4 out of 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for my wifeALeeDined on 3/17/2014Birthday dinner for my wife on a quiet Monday night. Service was excellent and my steak was perfect. We got too filled up with starters and main course... Our server even packed up a dessert on the house before parting.Special Features:
- Best dining experience in SeattleDougDined on 3/15/2014The dinner was phenomenal experience. From the initial greeting from the hostess to the goodby handshake from the valet, the experience was excellent. Our waiter Ryan was beyond description. He made us feel so welcome and special and was very knowledgable. He spoke highly of the management team and what a great place it was to work when I asked him about his job. The food was prepared to perfection and the taste was out of this world. We will be back very soon. It truly is the best place in the Seattle area to enjoy a romantic dinner with someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was Outstanding, theWhisper2Dined on 3/15/2014Service was Outstanding, the food was cooked just right. Prices were a little to high. A bigger seafood menu for the main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAaronDined on 3/8/2014All around great restaurant, over the top service, couldn't walk 10 feet without staff talking to me. Excellent food, piano, etc. Very spendy but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Time El Gaucho fan now lostMichaelVIPDined on 3/7/2014Long time fan, went this past week service was good great wine Somn Larry very helpful As for the steaks :( I think they have lost the upper hand in the market. First steak tomahawk 40 oz for two requested medium rare came out well done and ended up getting talked out of another one. Replaced by two mediocre bone in rib eye steaks. :(Special Features:
- Dissatisfied DinerDissatisfiedVIPDined on 3/2/2014Heard so much about this restaurant and was not impressed. Poor wait service. I did not feel anyone wanted to work that evening. The steaks were over cooked. Wait help did not even ask how dinner was. Don't plan on going there again. It's a shame for a nice restaurant.
- A very wonderful eveningPammyDined on 2/27/2014We went to El Gaucho, Bellevue, for a reunion with with dear friends. The staff was wonderful, and the food was great. We all agreed that they have the best steaks in Bellevue. Can't miss,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDavidDined on 2/24/2014Wonderful ambiance with soft lights and candles but enough light to easily read the menu, beautiful live and recorded music and all the staff was warm, friendly and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysJeffDined on 2/22/2014Once again El Gaucho lived up to their reputation for great food and amazing service. If anyone wants to experience what great service is all about they need to put the Bellevue El Gaucho on their to do list.Special Features:
- Great for lunchYumYumDined on 2/21/2014Had the sirloin tips sandwich with au jus and bread pudding dessert. Delicious! Great service. They validate parking too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2014El Gaucho's provide a great evening for a very special occasion. I would not hesitate to return for another evening of fine dining and excellent service.Special Features:
- Valentines DinnerBellaDined on 2/13/2014We have been to El Gaucho numerous times and found that the Valentines Special menu and food was average at best. They had a full house that night and were as courteous as possible for being jammed packed. Hostesses were outstanding! Waiter was understandably overworked and had problems remembering our dinner selection. This was not a typical El Gaucho experience where the food is fantastic, service excellent and overall experience amazing. So for those who dinned for the first time that night, give it a try on another night if you felt it was less than perfect!Special Features:
- Wonderful Valentine CelebrationMaddog66Dined on 2/13/2014Celebrating our Valentine evening a night early. We started with drink in the bar. Staff was buzy but very responsive and kind, good energy. Transferred our tab to our table. We were seated in the most requested table in the house. A wonderful surprize. Ordered a salad to split, bottle of wine, Aussie Lobster with 2 beautiful fillet's. Incredible all around service, flavor, quality, inpeccable!! We raved about you to co workers the next day. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- February 13thOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Very disappointing! Scallop appetizer came out cold, instead of firing a new one the remaining 2 1/2 scallops were taken and 'flashed" and returned to the table. came back overdone. Ordered the Chateaubriand with lobster but subbed king crab legs, ordered our steak medium rare and it was done perfectly but again both the steak and crab were not warm!!!Special Features:
- We recently celebrated angljr76Dined on 2/13/2014We recently celebrated an anniversary dinner at the Bellevue location. Service was amazing, the meal was outstanding and they treated us like royalty even though it was our first visit to Bellevue. We've eaten at the downtown Seattle location many times and have always enjoyed it's reminder of upscale dinner houses but the Bellevue location is a modern take on a proven staff, menu and wine list. You simply must experience El Gaucho at this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014The service is superb. The table side preparation of salads, entrees and desserts makes the occasion festive and elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing like a chateaubriand for 2bonappetitDined on 2/12/2014carved tableside for a romantic dinner live piano music quiet lighting and a wine list to match!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect!BamaFan4LifeDined on 2/8/2014I have now been to all of them and this is the best one. I love the open floor plan. The food was perfect, as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedGoElsewhereDined on 2/7/2014I've had the pleasure of enjoying most of the best places famous for steaks in Seattle including John Howie, The Met, Daniels Broiler, El Gaucho in Seattle and many more. I know good steak and I don't mind paying the price for quality. This visit was my first here, but I've been to the one in Seattle multiple times with one bad experience, and the rest were very good. When at a fine restaurant famous for steaks I like to order the Chateaubriand as a great restaurant will never get that one wrong. However, El Gaucho Bellevue failed miserably by giving me what amounted to two filet mignons that were burned on the outside and split into two pieces at the table. The taste was like a bad pot roast - unacceptable. Overpriced - go elsewhere.Special Features:
- simply the bestDBonMIVIPDined on 2/6/2014Always my favorite spot....unbelievable food and service.Special Features:
- It was Sunday night. but forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/26/2014It was Sunday night. but for this priced restaurant, missed drinks and slow service should not have occurred. Seemed like not enough waiters working the 7PM Sunday night shift caused the issues. Management seemed to be the issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere with beautifulseattlefoodieDined on 1/24/2014Great atmosphere with beautiful piano music playing and a dark, clubby feeling. Excellent service. The steak diablo is spicy and delicious!Special Features:
- We have dined here many times.outlateDined on 1/24/2014We have dined here many times. This evening there was too much time between courses. It. Turned into a very late night. But food was great as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.