El Gaucho - Bellevue
450 108th Avenue Northeast
City Center Plaza
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
El Gaucho - Bellevue
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/
- Phone: 4254552715x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: Service beginning at 5:00pm
Happy Hour: Sunday: 5pm-close; Monday: 2pm to close; Tuesday – Friday: 2pm – 6pm; Saturday: 5pm – 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef John Broulette
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music 7 days a week.
- Special Events: Private dining at El Gaucho is a memorable occasion. Our beautiful and incomparable private rooms are available for lunch and dinner service Monday through Friday and dinner service on the weekends. We also provide buyouts of our entire restaurant. Please contact Whitney Twede at 425.455.2742 or email@example.com for information.
- Cross Street: Between NE 4th & NE 8th Streets
- Public Transit: Located next to the NE 6th Street Transit Center.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Take exit 13a from I-405 for NE 4th Street. Drive west on NE 4th toward downtown Bellevue. Turn right onto 108th Ave NE. Take first right into the driveway between the First Mutual Bank building and the China Trust Bank building. This will lead you between the two buildings through the courtyard up to the City Center Plaza building.
Self-parking in the garage is validated for up to 3 hours. Valet parking is available evenings for $7.
A word from El Gaucho - Bellevue
El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on elegant old-school, tableside service for people celebrating their lives.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
El Gaucho - Bellevue - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
El Gaucho - Bellevue reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)romantic (99)fit for foodies (63)notable wine list (60)good for groups (46)great for lunch (32)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (18)great for brunch (18)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- Avg food, High Price, Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Went for a lunch with 6 people and it took over 2 hours to get out of there. Mostly due to slow service and the restaurant was not crowed.
- pretty dependable steak housebillybobDined on 7/8/2014Food is always good, but a bit heavy . Steaks a flaovorful and cooked properly. Service is always good. Prices are fairly high, so hard to say El Gaucho Bellevue provides great value.
- Another great dinnerMarried35Dined on 7/3/2014El Gaucho is a little pricey so we usually only go there for special occasions. Once again, it was worth it! Best Caesar salad ever, made for two at our table. Excellent chateaubriand for two, too. For an adult beverage, we get a regular Manhattan with Maker's Mark. (The house Manhattan is a bit sweet for us.) The service was friendly and attentive, but never intrusive. We never feel rushed there. Unfortunately, there were very few other diners that night, and with attention devoted to a couple of sports star types, the staff was stretched to attend to our desire to get the check and leave. Still, for so few diners, all features and functions of El Gaucho were there. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MadronaguyMadronaguyDined on 6/28/2014Table-side Caesar salad was excellent. Friendly & competent wait staff.Special Features:
- Good old time foodfoodie123Dined on 6/28/2014I do enjoy El Gaucho - it's a historical food spot = the food is very traditional - Caesar Salad and Steak. But there it's not fit for foodies. Nothing new. I don't think the menus have been changed in 20 years. The Bellevue El Gaucho is fresh looking and upscale but the food brings it down. The piano player is outstanding!! Drinks and listening to the piano player would be ideal. I have been to their happy hour on the patio (patio is great -quiet in the hustle) but the food isn't great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We went to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. The employees were all dressed up very nice but everyone in the restaurant was casual. The service was amazing. The food was great! Our waitress told me if I liked tequila I should try this drink that is their top seller. It was $15.00 for a mixed drink and tasted just like any other margarita at a local bar. Their drinks were nothing special and way over priced.Special Features:
- Fine Dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2014My wife and I did our 10 Year Wedding Anniversary which was simply wonderful! We both enjoyed everything we ordered with prompt service available and ready to take care of all of our needs. This is a place you will enjoy at any given time, not just special occasions! I can assure you that the food is to die for and the staff all enjoy catering to your needs. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Food was not that goodFoodie2VIPDined on 6/19/2014If you are looking for a nice steakhouse in Bellevue, I reccomend John Howie. I was quite disappointed with the food at El Guaco. My husband's steak was way overcooked (pretty much well done and he asked for medium raw!) and mine was way undercooked (it was raw and I asked for medium). The mashed potatoes had a funny aftertaste (maybe old?) and the salad was nothing special. The chocolate desert was ok, nothing special. The service was really good, but does not change the fact that their food was very mediocre.
- Outstanding through and throughDustisDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband and dad to El Gaucho for a great Father's Day knowing it would be a great treat. Boy was it ever. From the moment we pulled up, the valet was right there and very courteous. The hostess' were kind and sat us right away even though we were early. Then the waiter, Jason was phenomenal. He was informative, funny and new exactly when to come to the table and check on his guests. This was only the second time my husband and I had been here, far surpassed our first experience. The gentleman playing piano was wonderful. For my Dad's first time, this was a wonderful experience for him. The food was wonderful, the drink list extensive and the food and flavor, just divine. My husband and I will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Nice Father's day dinnerAlanDined on 6/14/2014Good service: warm and gracious Grand ambiance Outstanding Sommelier (knowledgeable and helpful, not condescending) Flexible with arrival time (we were late) Cocktails not that great ExpensiveSpecial Features:
- Overall it's goodKnluloDined on 6/13/2014It's good but not great. I love El Gaucho Seattle, it's the swanky gangster era feel but Bellevue is much more modern and bright. The steak is usually amazing, however this last visit it was very overdone. The wait staff is very attentive and the banana foster is to die for. It can get pretty loud inside as it is an open room consept but lights are down low enough to have a romantic vibe to it. Overall it's a good place for a nice steak but I do like the Seattle location much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and reliableBunnymDined on 6/13/2014El Gaucho is in a great area close to my office. The food and service are reliably good and the people are friendly. It's a perfect place to meet after work with friends or for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday celebrationAnonymousDined on 6/7/2014We celebrated my son's 30th birthdate at El Gaucho. He was very impressed with his drink (Manhattan) and the food (Caesar salad, mac and cheese and steak). Service was excellent. Great ambience and relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/6/2014Food was great as expected but the service was excellent. Our server, Scott, was attentive and very knowledgeable. His service and the restaurant's attention to my first visit to El Gaucho a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchEastsideDinerDined on 6/1/2014The wife made a birthday present of the Sunday brunch. We had been to the original EG when it was downtown, over 30 years ago. The Bellevue setting was certainly different. More modern. But the selection was very good, with something for everyone. The sides offered were also very good. The service from entry to our waiter was exceptional. The kitchen handled a special request from the wife easily. It is a little pricey but was enjoyable and very good for a special occasion.;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't ask for a better evening!Markus5VIPDined on 5/31/2014The food and service are remarkable. It was a memorable night to savor.Special Features:
- YummyAlfyDined on 5/29/2014Built our own 3 course meal for 2. Shared scallops for appetizers, surf and turf + steak el gaucho for entree, banana fosters for dessert. Very expensive, but the food was good. Service was great but it wasn't busy. They even gave us free fruit and cheese platter for no particular reason.Special Features:
- Excellent Anniversary DinnerAkbattleDined on 5/28/2014My husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary at El Gaucho in Bellevue. It was perfect. They had spread rose petals on the table and had signed a congratulations card. The food was amazing as was the service. They even paid for our dessert! It was a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysJeffDined on 5/28/2014Once again El Gaucho Bellevue provided an amazing evening. We took our daughter for the first time an may have spoiled her for all other restaurants. Our waiter Manny with the help a Jamal and Larry take the great food provided by the chefs and turn it into a experience. I would eat there every day if I could.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 5/25/2014Always a quality experience from the door to door. Beautiful space compared to other steak houses.Special Features:
- The following 512 reviews are from the El Gaucho - Bellevue reviews archive.
- Lavish dining on the EastsideBlueDiamondDined on 5/21/2014El Gaucho in Bellevue is exquisite dining with a modern flair. I have been to both the Seattle and the Bellevue locations and they have different ambience's from each other but I enjoy the variety. The Bellevue location still has the impeccable service and gourmet menu with a bit more modern surroundings. It's a perfect combination of open space, natural light with steakhouse formality. Definitely top on my list for Eastside high end dining. Valet parking is a bonus and the cookies in the car are just one of the above and beyond touches that El Gaucho does so well.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencefit4akingDined on 5/20/2014We enjoyed a delightful dining experience at El Gaucho. The combination of food, service, and ambiance is unparalleled for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Everything was great, Open table informed the restaurant it was our anniversary and there were rose peddles on the table and a card signed by the staff. Service was prompt and regular and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- WowGHarperDined on 5/18/2014Honestly, wow is the one word which can best describe an immaculate evening. Food was the best, service was over the top, ambience was phenomenal. It is a perfect place for true fine dining.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsGoingbackDined on 5/18/2014I took my wife there for our anniversary and had a great time. Our table was prepared in advance with the flowers I ordered and a special congratulations card signed by the entire waitstaff. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and was able to provide suggestions when asked. We ordered the crab cakes and chateubriand. The crab cakes were amazing. I did get a bit of shell, but that's expected whenever ordering shellfish. The chatueubriand was prepared tableside and was delicious. The aged angus steak was served in generous portions and cooked perfectly. The rest of the plate--broiled tomato, steamed asparagus, and baked potato--were delicious in their own right, but also a great compliment to the steak.Special Features:
- Out of town familyLame420Dined on 5/17/2014Had family from out of town one of them loves seafood but never gets it the other loves steak. Both of them LOVED the place. We went on the first day the copper river salmon was in town and it was fantastic. Our waiter was super great his name was Dominique. A woman played the piano all night which was awesome and their table side ceaser was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBigErnDined on 5/17/2014We rarely make it out to enjoy find dinning but El Gaucho was recommended to us by a friend. We enjoyed our time at El Gaucho with the wait staff, food, drinks and piano playing, we felt very welcome. It was a perfect way to celebrate my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El Gaucho - Great Food and ServiceKingOfDinnerDined on 5/16/2014I don't often eat at high-end restaurants, but I would definitely recommend this to a friend. The food was amazing and they had great service. I would particularly recommend ordering the bananas foster for dessert, it is the best I have yet had. They also cook it at your table so you get dinner and a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouskohnforshoDined on 5/11/2014Had the special called Steak Duet and the filet was the best steak I've had ever. We also had broccoli for the table and it was cooked just right and dressed perfectly - I could have just eaten that and I don't even like broccoli. The food was more expensive than I had anticipated but would go back regardless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchaderkDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch was a great option here. You can find parking downstairs for validation. The weekends and after 5pm will allow people to park in the Microsoft visitor parking spot. Hardly had to wait for our table and the restaurant had a good selection of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was long lost friend! Wow.PierreDined on 5/10/2014The service was horrible! Great atmosphere, great food, but the service was equivalent to the service Americans receive in France. WTF.. We ended up with a dinner service that took 4 hrs from the time we were seated to paying the tab. The waiter must have been stoned, because he completely forgot to wait on us and spent all evening having lengthy conversations with patrons about his life and sports. We ordered all courses at the same time, it wasn't super busy, people that were seated an hour after us were served before us and left the restaurant before we did. I attribute the bad experience to an unattentive waiter that appeared to be stoned... Not coming back... This is the second bad experience at this supposed classy restaurant.
- Great food and excellent servicemadmac88VIPDined on 5/10/2014Good food was expected, but the service by our waiter, Manny, really put it over the top! His hospitality made this pre-Mother's Day dinner a memorable experience.Special Features:
- El GauchoProfoodieDined on 5/9/2014Our visit to El Gaucho was a complete experience in the best of the best. From the moment we entered to our departure, everyone was fantastic! Checking my coat, playing happy birthday for my wife, interacting with multiple servers, the food was amazing, service outstanding, ambiance just right. This is an amazing place to go for dinner. We are coming back and will bring the kids!Special Features:
- Best steaks in SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/5/2014Always just a WONDERFUL Evening food, service everything is perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinner!LaContessaDined on 5/4/2014My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary here. Everything was perfect. There were rose petals on the table and a card signed by the employees. We ordered a Caesar salad, which was prepared at our table. It was superb! And of course the cuts of meat were amazing as well. The ambience and service were outstanding. We look forward to celebrating future events at El Gaucho, Bellevue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2014Great food as usual. I always like to celebrate my birthday at El Gaucho.Special Features:
- Great foodNonicknameVIPDined on 4/20/2014Pricey steak dinner with wine for three cost us 375. Yep steak salad and potatoes with 2 glasses of wine for 2 of us. It's great for a special occasion. Service was superb. But the place is sandwiched between 2 office buildings. No views here.Special Features:
- DissappointedshwilliaDined on 4/20/2014I have eaten at El Gaucho a few times before and have always had a great experience so I had high expectations. The first issue was that we were put in a back room with 5 tables, it was not the ambiance you usually like for the El Gaucho experience, one curtain was drawn so it was very dark, not the atmosphere you expect from El Gaucho. The service was not even remotely of the El Gaucho standard and the table was missing a salt shaker and a fork, we waited quite awhile for our drinks and always had to waive the waitress down to ask for more water and tea. The food was ok but again nothing special. Overall I wish I would have chosen another restaurant for our Easter brunch.
- Great Sunday BrunchTablefor2VIPDined on 4/20/2014Sunday brunch is a new concept for this restaurant and very successful. The cost is very low as compared to having dinner or regular lunch here and the selection was superb. Service as always is exceptional. Brunch will be offered every sunday so plan to partake. The bar drinks are still a little spendy but again are excellent. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchluvtodineDined on 4/20/2014Had not been to El Gaucho for years, but made a reservation for family Easter Brunch which included 4 children, two of whom were under 2 years old. The buffet was excellent and accommodated everyone's preferences, including the children. Would definitely go back.Special Features: