El Gaucho - Tacoma
2119 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98402Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
El Gaucho - Tacoma
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/
- Phone: 2532721510x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm -12:00am
Sunday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm (open to close)
Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm & 9:00pm-close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jose DeJesus Boites
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live piano music seven days a week.
- Special Events: Private dining at El Gaucho Tacoma is a special occasion. Our beautiful and incomparable dining rooms are available seven days a week. We also provide buyouts of our entire restaurant. Please contact us if you are interested in reservations in our private dining rooms or request an online form.
A word from El Gaucho - Tacoma
Named as “the definitive steakhouse in the country,” El Gaucho’s award-winning menu features 28-Day Dry-Aged Niman Ranch All-Natural Certified Angus Beef® Brand Prime steaks and custom aged Certified Angus Beef® brand tenderloin filets, ribs, pork, poultry and the freshest seafood, all prepared to perfection over an open bed of glowing coals in an exhibition-style kitchen. Our extensive wine list is award-winning, and happy hour menu is widely recognized as one of Tacoma's best. Live music is offered nightly.Continued
El Gaucho is the Northwest’s steakhouse legacy focused on old-school, tableside service. We revel in helping guests create a night to remember.
El Gaucho is the Northwest’s steakhouse legacy focused on old-school, tableside service. We revel in helping guests create a night to remember.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
El Gaucho - Tacoma - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
El Gaucho - Tacoma reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)romantic (70)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (31)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (9)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- SeagullSevenElevenDined on 4/23/2014Need more lighting at the table !!!! Hard to see what I was eating. Must say the service was great ! My wife uses a wheelchair and your people were really helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frenched rib chopdineheretoniteDined on 4/21/2014El Gaucho has amazing Frenched rib chop. Amust have dish!! EVERYONE NEEDS TO TASTE THE TABLESIDE CAESAR SALAD.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceSirJarodDined on 4/20/2014My first time at El Gaucho's I was expecting to be mesmerized by the food rather I was mesmerized by the most talented service staff I have ever seen. They worked so hard to please my wife and I that I never even came close to having an empty glass of water.Special Features:
- Please Don't ChangeHungry1Dined on 4/20/2014Our experience was disappointing because: 1. the amount of food served was cut in half (The Sword). Instead of thick medallions, they were sliced very thin. The meat was still very very good though. The sword was very empty! 2. Cesar salad was tasteless 3. Baked potato was tasteless and dry. 4. Main server was very polite but lacked experience. 5. the Tacoma location needs additional lights at the top of the stairs. Was very hard to distinguish the 1st couple of steps on the left side of the stairway. 6. The piano music was way too loud. 7. The fruit, cheese and nut tray was bare; looked like it was left over from another time.Special Features:
- It's expensive, but great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2014There was some misrepresentation, we were told the Chateu and Lobster for two came with a loaded potato, but for $2 more we could have lobster mashed potatoes. Who wouldn't do that? Nope--lobster potatoes were an extra $14. One glass of 'so so' wine was $27 It adds up fast. Really, no matter how good the food is, $550 before tip for 4 people seems steep. I did enjoy it. We go there once every couple of years, for very special occasions :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014It was our first dinner at this establishment and it lived up to reputationSpecial Features:
- Absolutely AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014We would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion. The service and food were off the CHARTS!Special Features:
- Fabulous service and foodSmileyDined on 4/19/2014This is the place to go when we want to enjoy a nice evening out. The quality of the food is exceptional and the service is the best. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticJanieVIPDined on 4/13/2014Our food and service was excellent. And Juan Perez at the piano bar does an excellent job!! Lovely time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic culinary experience.TheMageeduo2Dined on 4/13/2014El Gaucho has done it again! We've dined at this great restaurant many times over the years. Their attention to their customers, the food, the ambiance, and drink is excellent. They have never failed to please us in any way. When we dine here, it's always a special occasion to us. The food is simply fantastic, from the crab cakes, to the Tenderloin Diablo, the fabulous USDA Prime meats, to the Bananas Foster. This is living well!Special Features:
- Wow - $280 for dinner forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Wow - $280 for dinner for two........great, but really?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!DjackDined on 4/12/2014The food, service and ambiance were great. We were a party of 5 and overall really enjoyed the experience. One of my brother's ordered the chicken and said it was the best chicken he'd ever had. Quite a compliment considering he's almost 60 years old. My other brother and I ordered the rib chop. Although it was flavorful, I didn't consider it exceptional. The banana bread pudding on the other hand was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner EverSarahDined on 4/12/2014We were running late and El Gaucho accommodated us regardless. Roger' was an incredible waiter and very attentive, even when my friend wanted to tell a very long joke - it was busy and Roger was very gracious. We got to the concert on time, it was just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionMarkDined on 4/12/2014Food and service were both exceptional and worth the price. Keep in mind this is a very spendy restaurant so be prepared for that. With that being said if this is a once a year treat you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Tacoma's FinestJamaicaBobDined on 4/11/2014I have been a fan of El Gaucho for many years, my wife and I dine out most every evening. We have dined in most all of Tacoma's Restaurants and there are none that compare to El Gaucho. This not going out to eat, this is a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...LolaDined on 4/11/2014The steak was good the crab appetizer very fresh and tasty. Caesar salad, well lets just say we've had a lot better. Could not eat it because too much parm was put on it and too saucy.. Guess we are used to Metropolitan and their great steaks anytime and our steak was just good, not fabulous, good. I had the Halibut and it was very good. The trim on the bottom was almost pefect by the chef and the oscar sauce very mild and great tasting. I was perplexed as to why they have such a small by the glass Chardonnay menu. The two offered were both awful and I could not finish it. Overall, for $215 for two I guess we expect more after seeing the reviews for El Gaucho
- Perfect Evening!KathyDined on 4/11/2014Everything was perfect about this meal! Every course was outstanding. The service was attentive and friendly without being stuffy.Special Features:
- Deanna's BirthdaySophie25Dined on 4/5/2014We have been to your Seattle property many times and have always loved it. We had a wonderful experience Saturday night. Our server was on top of his game. I was a server for many years and I was impressed. The birthday note was a great touch. My only note would be to have a broader wine list for blends. Pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected more for the moneyMastourasDined on 3/29/2014The fried oyster and crab cake starters were excellent, so were the main meat dishes, peppercorn stake, medallions, and the flaming tenderloin skewer. Atmosphere was decent, a little too dark and couldn't see the menu. The drinks were measured to the exact oz. Service was slow in getting to the main order. Two in the party were celebrating Birthdays...nothing complimentary was given ie small desert. I paid the bill discretely with a couple of gift cards and credit card, when the waitress returned she voiced out loud that the gift card amount was taken off the price and the rest charged on my credit card...I felt embarrassed to our friends who we dined that evening. I expected some great experience fro the money I spent...did not get it.Special Features:
- Food and service outstanding...but.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Food and service met all expectations and beyond. Outstanding. Unfortunately, i don't think the ambiance matched the price. The food and service was exactly what I would expect from el gaucho. I just felt a little let down by the rather unspecial cafeteria seating feeling. Loved the handwritten birthday note to my husband and rose petals hand delivered to the table. Very special. Real candles too were nice. Just missing some of the opulance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014My husband and I were celebrating the joy of life following a nasty reminder of just how tenuous it is. The service and the food was outstanding. Portions were huge, making it necessary to take home a sizable amount for next day's meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an amazing time!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014I brought my girlfriend here for a romantic dinner. I had never been to El Gouchos before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very pleased! We arrived earlier than our 6:45 reservation, but we were still welcomed and accommodated at the bar until our table became available. The service was fantastic and the food was incredible! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My El Gaucho experience startedDidntSettleDined on 3/27/2014My El Gaucho experience started in the 60's as a young man on a prom date at the Seattle location. The experience made a mark in my memory that I have never forgotten. On or anniversary we dined at the Tacoma location and the experience was matched. Five stars all the way and worth every penny. We will be back, of course. Thank you all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place for Special Occasiontoobz2pDined on 3/23/2014Outstanding food with even more outstanding service, for a price. Strongly recommended for special occasions where you wish to wish to leave a positive life long impression. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerCallyFlowerDined on 3/22/2014We showed up early for our reservation and enjoyed a wonderful time at the piano bar. The sommelier Joe was fantastic having us try different wines before consulting with us while we choose our wine. We also enjoyed appetizers at the bar. Once we were seating and wanted a different table we were accommodated immediately. We had wonderful service, great table side service and an overall fantastic dinner. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual!TroyGDined on 3/22/2014El Gaucho is always a great experience and this time was no different. Excellent wait staff and even better food. This isn't a place to take the kids out for a burger and fries but for it's intended audience is hard to beat. Expect to spend more than you expected to spend but you'll be rewarded with great food, great service, great atmosphere and live piano music which all make for a memorable evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. My soncollegeboundDined on 3/22/2014The food was great. My son thought his steak tasted like bacon.YUM! The halibut was amazing!Special Features:
- Not at all worth the PRICEMicheleDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I went there with a $100 gift card and spent $300 with tip. Our dinner consisted of main dish, 2 drinks,2 sides, a salad, and dessert. The food was not at all worth what the price asked for and the service they talk about is "so Good" is not that impressive. The ambience is wonderful, but still with that price it should over look the water. I have had better service and food at Stanly and Sea Fort and other pricie places so with that said El Gaucho needs to step it up if they want to ask for you to pay that much. VERY DISSAPOINTED and I will never recommend and go there again.
- Nice Surprise!!!!QueenkittyDined on 3/22/2014It was a nice surprise to find that there are also some daily seafood selections for those who prefer seafood to steak! The servers were all wonderful. The food was great as were the desserts. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewDanMDined on 3/21/2014Bread was good. Steaks were adequate. Corn was good. Wine not so much and overpriced. Key lime pie not tart enough. Basic opinion - good, not excellent food, and overpriced. Excellent service, however.
- great experiencescottDined on 3/21/2014My wife and I had an excellent time there. We will be going back every year. The people and the restaurant was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryKranberryDined on 3/21/2014We have now celebrated our anniversary twice at El Gaucho's in Tacoma, WA. Both times were exceptional. The service is personal and the atmosphere is relaxing. A great way to spend your hard earned money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!robandmelDined on 3/18/2014I chose this venue to celebrate a special occasion and I am glad I did. The ambiance, service, polite staff, and the food made it a wonderful dining experience. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Had a really nice dinner Saturday night. The food, the drinks, and the service was outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectSpitfireDined on 3/14/2014Other places can pretend but El Gaucho executes everything perfectly from the best service anywhere to the great all Natural Niman Ranch meats. Our meals where cooked to perfection and we were treated like royalty. This is the best overall experience available in the Tacoma area hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerluvelgDined on 3/14/2014As always, a fabulous meal and experience. Though expensive, the quality an preparation of the food is outstanding. For a special event or wanting to impress a lady friend, take her to El Gaucho!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOR A ROMANTIC EVENINGLuv2eatDined on 3/9/2014My husband and I ate dinner at El Gaucho for the first time and we loved it. The service was great and food was a lil higher in price but worth the money. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service, food, and atmospheredelishDined on 3/9/2014The service, food, and atmosphere was as usual outstanding!! We can't wait until the next time we will be dining at El Gaucho again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ItOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2014We have been going here a couple of times a years for the last eight years. We finally brought our son for his sixteenth birthday. We've always had a great experience and the food is always been great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outSigmagumiDined on 3/8/2014Great steaks, great atmosphere, recommend for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.