El Gaucho - Seattle
2505 First Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
El Gaucho - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/
- Phone: 2067281337x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: Lounge 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Dinner service begins at 5:00pm
Friday - Saturday: Lounge 4:00pm – 12:00am; dinner service begins at 5:00pm.
Happy Hour: Sunday - Monday: all night
Tuesday - Thursday 9:00pm - - close
Friday - Saturday 10:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Brandsey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music seven days a week.
- Special Events: Private dining at El Gaucho is a memorable occasion. Our beautiful and incomparable private rooms are available for lunch and dinner service Monday through Friday and dinner service on the weekends. We also provide buyouts of our entire restaurant. Please contact Brooke Lee at 206-267-5510 or email@example.com for details.
A word from El Gaucho - Seattle
El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on elegant old-school, tableside service for people celebrating their lives.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
El Gaucho - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
El Gaucho - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)romantic (101)notable wine list (60)fit for foodies (59)late-night find (18)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (12)great for brunch (1)Show More
- We celebrated our 20th WeddingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2011We celebrated our 20th Wedding anniversary at El Gaucho and everything was perfect. When I made reservations, I asked if they could put Day Lilies on the table, and they did. When we arrived at the front door, I didn't see the valet (I thought we were too early - 5:15pm reservations), so I parked around the side on the street. When we walked into the restaurant, I told them what happened, and the GM ran down the street to get my car...the GM for crying out loud. It's obvious to me that El Gaucho will go out of their way to make sure you have the very best experience. Our waiters provided excellent service and the food was excellent as well. The price is high, but then you're paying for more than just food...it's the experience.Special Features:
- This was a spectacular dinnerSjpvacVIPDined on 8/15/2011This was a spectacular dinner with outstanding food. The Chateaubriand was the best I've had in 20 years. And if you forget to bring your flashlight to see the menu, they have their own.Special Features:
- total evening disapointing,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2011total evening disapointing, understaffed, food not prepared to standard, service slow and waiter not accessible.would not recommend!
- Food in general was good..OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/5/2011Food in general was good.. Waiter started out a little surly but ended up fine. The fruit and cheese at the end of the meal was a lovely touch, as was the live music.Special Features:
- El Gaucho deliver on every level!TonyDined on 7/31/2011El Gaucho in Seattle is bigger space physically than the Portland location. The higher ceilings and larger space gives it a 50's Supper Club feel, which is awesome. The service is the best around. They pay attention to your needs without becoming intrusive. The food is excellent my filet mignon was cooked perfectly. My wife had the grilled halibut and the portion was easily enough for (2) entrees! Yes it’s a little expensive however we don’t dine like this every day. Therefore, for special occasional and events it is worth every penny. Their Happy Hour is a very attractive alternative to help lower the prices and still get excellent food.Special Features:
- Bravo El Gaucho Seattle!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2011My husband went out for dinner to celebrate my new job. We both got the 5 course tasting menu, with wine pairings. It was truly fabulous. A couple of highlights included the tenderloin (cooked perfectly to our specifications) and the Chateau Ste. Michelle chardonnay pairing with the asparagus/lobster soup. Our server was very gracious and was happy to make a substitution we requested for our side dish. Overall it was a great experience you'd expect for a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- Overpriced and overhypedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/2/2011Disappointed with this place after so much hype from various locals. The waiter knew nothing about the tasting menu and wasn't very friendly. Food was ok but nothing spectacular and my over seasoned steak was also overcooked. This for a $200 meal before tip.
- Same old, same oldWearymomDined on 6/26/2011I hadn't been back to El Gaucho in 5 years - nothing had changed, and that is not for the better. The waiter did bring small flashlights so we could see our menu but that is about it. The cheesy garlic bread was cold, the tableside caesar salad presentation was lackluster and had way too much dressing, the filet was buttery smooth but I have had better. We did have the bananas Foster - also a lackluster show. There were 3 of us & we couldn't help but feel our waiter and the wine steward wanted to be somewhere else. The restaurant was LOUD, with a rather obnoxious crowd in the bar. Unfortunately we were seated next to the bar, and were unable to switch our table.It was okay, but that's about it. I won't be making the trip back......Special Features:
- Fantastic place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2011I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. Great service, food, and ambiance. Simply perfect! Everyone was extremely courteous and their timing perfect when it came to ordering, water, wine, etc... It made for a perfectly romantic dinner.Special Features:
- A big splurge, but El GauchoOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/19/2011A big splurge, but El Gaucho is hard to beat for a special occasion. Service is always impeccable, the food is wonderful, and the atmosphere just makes me feel like I'm on vacation. It's definitely a grown-up establishment but whenever we've brought our daughter the staff has been so gracious toward her. Wish we could go there more often.Special Features:
- Enjoyed El Gaucho. Both myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2011Enjoyed El Gaucho. Both my wife and I tried the Taster's menu, offering up 6 courses for us to get a sample of the El Gaucho fare. Besides the tenderloin being absolutely amazing, the rest of the food was very good. One thing that caused us to rate the service lower is that our server only brought us one dessert where we should have received two since we both ordered the taster's menu. Since we're lovers of dessert, this strongly swayed our opinion. We hope to go back, but will be prepared to urge strongly for all our desserts.Special Features:
- Terrific food and service.JAGSVIPDined on 6/10/2011Terrific food and service. Very pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- The food and service at ElOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2011The food and service at El Gaucho are very good and we have eaten there on three separate occasions. However, this is probably one of the most over priced restaurants in Seattle and, for that reason, we only eat there on special occasions.Special Features:
- Been there many times butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/27/2011Been there many times but this time wasn't as special. Part of the meal was over cooked and we were done in an hour and fifteen minutes so we felt a bit rushed. Also the gaucho salad was just so-so.Special Features:
- As always...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2011it is a pleasure coming back to "El Gaucho", the atmosphere it's the same as always and the food it is outstanding. This time was for my birthday and when made the reservation I noted that It was my birthday and I wanted to pay, so not to let any of my companions take the check, and they were amazing handling this... I didn't have to fight for the check, lol, it was my gift for myself!! Food great as always, although my steak was a little bit overcoocked.... i think it's because I asked med-well chicago style... maybe next time I'll ask med chicago style! The waitress was super nice (Ms Walker) maybe because she was so excited as her son was next to us after winning a picture or painting contest over 150 kids!! desert great and service!!Special Features:
- The final touch was beingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011The final touch was being seated in the mink booth. It was great.Special Features:
- Overpriced food, nothing earthOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2011Overpriced food, nothing earth shattering, but the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- The food here was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/30/2011The food here was amazing. I highly recommend the Scallop Brochette. The flaming entrees were also a huge hit. Great service and atmosphere!Special Features:
- We were there to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/30/2011We were there to celebrate a real estate sale. Everything was wonderful. Great ceasar salad & steaks. All the steaks were cooked to perfection. We really appreciated getting a booth against the wall. My husband is hearing impaired and it was so nice to be in a quiet part of the restaurant.Special Features:
- What a fantastic restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2011What a fantastic restaurant. The food was outstanding and the service tops. Reminded my wife and I of a 40's dinner club very romantic. Recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- I've eaten here many timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/29/2011I've eaten here many time and have never had a bad meal or experience. Always a pleasure dining at El Gaucho!Special Features:
- Food was exceptional. OrderedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/21/2011Food was exceptional. Ordered "flaming swords". I know the swords are a bit of a gimmick but they back it up with fantastic food.
- Great service, menu could be spicedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2011This is a pricey joint, but the service is always subperb and the food and drink never dissapoints. Its great for the occasional celebration. I deduct one start because the menu selection is failry conservative. I'd like to see just a little more risk taking and the menu being changed up more frequently.Special Features:
- I'm sure the quality of meatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2011I'm sure the quality of meat was high, but the kitchen overcooked and severly oversalted all three of our steaks. At any price this is unfortunate, but at El Gaucho prices is is unacceptable and unforgivable. They should really know better. The service was good and the scene was energetic. But $500 for three overcooked steaks cooked in salt, save your money and go to one of Seattle's truly fine restaurants.
- A great dining experience.jdnoVIPDined on 3/29/2011A great dining experience. Music in the background is a nice touch. Great service!Special Features:
- Expensive but worth itSeattleMikeVIPDined on 3/26/2011El Gaucho is a very cool dining experience with a nice array of offerings mainly around a steakhouse menu. Service was very good but the waiters attentiveness was a bit off the night we were there. Food was outstanding with the spicy tuna tar-tare appetizer, the table side Caesar which was made just right, a porterhouse perfectly cooked. This was served with a baked potato with their cheese sauce, roasted corn both a la carte. Finally they topped this off with a fruit/nut/cheese plate which was a very nice closer. The wine selection was very good and with some affordable bottles. Overall the ambiance was loud but not overly so. Dark and intimate though with stadium seating over the kitchen and live piano. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- We have been going to El GouchoLovesfoodDined on 3/16/2011We have been going to El Goucho for several years. Every time we have great experience. The food, the ambiance and the service has been top notch.Special Features:
- I ordered my steak mediumOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/6/2011I ordered my steak medium rare and my sister ordered hers medium well. They were done the same. I have had much better steaks at other steak houses, Metropolitan and Ruth's Chris. good wine listSpecial Features:
- I'm a native Seattleite.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/5/2011I'm a native Seattleite. I've always wanted to try El Gaucho. We really liked the atmosphere, service was good. I ordered pan fried oysters, and I've had better. My boyfriend enjoyed his steak. We shared a mediocre baked potato, spinach, and caesar salad. Glad I finally tried it, wouldn't go back.
- Great place for a steak.DaveVIPDined on 3/4/2011Great place for a steak. Excellent attentive service.Special Features:
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/4/2011I would have rated this higher had I not learned on my last visit that some of the food is pre-made. At the prices you pay, you'd expect food to be fresh (ie risotto and other sides). Service is hit or miss. Sometimes you have a good waiter, other times not. The atmosphere is always nice, which is disappointing that El Gaucho is so inconsistent, which makes it feel more like a chain restaurant and less special/unique.
- Everything was wonderful,food1234Dined on 2/25/2011Everything was wonderful, except our steak. It was overly seasoned. The tastes I got that did not have the seasoning were wonderful! Excellent filet. But the Gaucho seasoning was overdone and way to salty to enjoy the meal. Sauces and sides were excellent, ambiance was wonderful. But a disappointing experience due to Salt. Back to The Met we go for a reliable, always good, steak experience.
- Very spendy and fun specialOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/20/2011Very spendy and fun special occassion place. You'll be wow'ed, and that includes by the prices unless you are of some means. Happy hour is also a great option here, but for a big indulgence it can be awfully fun.
- Could not ask for more!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2011Very happy and will definitely visit in the near future.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner. TheATKPILOTDined on 1/31/2011We had a great dinner. The service was exceptional. Perfect venue for a romantic outing. Curtis and Larry made it a special night.Special Features:
- The food was marginal. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2011The food was marginal. The steak was overcooked. The mashed potatoes were cold. The "spicy" shrimp was bland. The ceasar salad was ruined by the garlic and dijon-way too much of each. We were often forgotten by the wait staff. It was a disappointing and very expensive experience.Special Features:
- Not Up to Par this Timeredster57VIPDined on 1/26/2011I'm a huge El Gaucho fan. I don't like to rate it this low, but this was my least favorite visit here. My steak was cooked well done and I asked for medium. Our waiter was great. I gave 4 out of 5 stars because of the person who made our Bananas Foster (not our waiter) was very inattentive and kept looking all around the restaurant not paying a bit of attention to us.Special Features:
- The food was superb. The oystersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/20/2011The food was superb. The oysters we ordered were fresh without any sort of metallic finish. The steaks (filet & porterhouse) were cooked to perfection, a medium rare with a cool pink center. The standout was the lobster mashed potatoes, which melted in our mouths. Each meal concludes with complimentary cheese, nuts and fruit and our dessert (cheesecake) was delicious. Our server was informative and personable but could have been more attentive initially. We were ready to order for quite some time before he made it back to our table and made us wait for about 20 minutes beyond what we would have preferred. We didn't place our order until about 40 minutes after being seated. He also neglected to put in our side order for scallops.Special Features:
- We've been to El Gaucho aOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/16/2011We've been to El Gaucho a handful of times and this visit didn't disappoint. The restaurant was quite busy for a Sunday evening. The ambiance was bustling, but it was still quiet enough for us to have our own conversation without yelling. Our server was fantastic; very attentive and personable. I started with a glass of Malbec and then our server offered to pair a glass for the entree. He selected one and would only tell me that "it was a blend". After I got to enjoy a bit of my entree and pairing, he let me know what I was drinking. This experience was an unexpected surprise! Food was delicious (as expected)!Special Features:
- Always vibrant with lots ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2010Always vibrant with lots of energy. Found our waitress to be in a hurry to get our dinner out and we felt rushed from the time our drinks came until our dinner was delivered. One of the sides we orderd didn't arrive. Not quite the night we had hoped for. Food we did have was good.Special Features: