El Gaucho - Seattle
2505 First Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
El Gaucho - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/
- Phone: 2067281337x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: Lounge 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Dinner service begins at 5:00pm
Friday - Saturday: Lounge 4:00pm – 12:00am; dinner service begins at 5:00pm.
Happy Hour: Sunday - Monday: all night
Tuesday - Thursday 9:00pm - - close
Friday - Saturday 10:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Brandsey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music seven days a week.
- Special Events: Private dining at El Gaucho is a memorable occasion. Our beautiful and incomparable private rooms are available for lunch and dinner service Monday through Friday and dinner service on the weekends. We also provide buyouts of our entire restaurant. Please contact Brooke Lee at 206-267-5510 or email@example.com for details.
A word from El Gaucho - Seattle
El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on elegant old-school, tableside service for people celebrating their lives.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
El Gaucho - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
El Gaucho - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)romantic (100)notable wine list (61)fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (13)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Been there many times butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/27/2011Been there many times but this time wasn't as special. Part of the meal was over cooked and we were done in an hour and fifteen minutes so we felt a bit rushed. Also the gaucho salad was just so-so.Special Features:
- As always...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2011it is a pleasure coming back to "El Gaucho", the atmosphere it's the same as always and the food it is outstanding. This time was for my birthday and when made the reservation I noted that It was my birthday and I wanted to pay, so not to let any of my companions take the check, and they were amazing handling this... I didn't have to fight for the check, lol, it was my gift for myself!! Food great as always, although my steak was a little bit overcoocked.... i think it's because I asked med-well chicago style... maybe next time I'll ask med chicago style! The waitress was super nice (Ms Walker) maybe because she was so excited as her son was next to us after winning a picture or painting contest over 150 kids!! desert great and service!!Special Features:
- The final touch was beingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011The final touch was being seated in the mink booth. It was great.Special Features:
- Overpriced food, nothing earthOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2011Overpriced food, nothing earth shattering, but the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- The food here was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/30/2011The food here was amazing. I highly recommend the Scallop Brochette. The flaming entrees were also a huge hit. Great service and atmosphere!Special Features:
- We were there to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/30/2011We were there to celebrate a real estate sale. Everything was wonderful. Great ceasar salad & steaks. All the steaks were cooked to perfection. We really appreciated getting a booth against the wall. My husband is hearing impaired and it was so nice to be in a quiet part of the restaurant.Special Features:
- What a fantastic restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2011What a fantastic restaurant. The food was outstanding and the service tops. Reminded my wife and I of a 40's dinner club very romantic. Recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- I've eaten here many timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/29/2011I've eaten here many time and have never had a bad meal or experience. Always a pleasure dining at El Gaucho!Special Features:
- Food was exceptional. OrderedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/21/2011Food was exceptional. Ordered "flaming swords". I know the swords are a bit of a gimmick but they back it up with fantastic food.
- Great service, menu could be spicedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2011This is a pricey joint, but the service is always subperb and the food and drink never dissapoints. Its great for the occasional celebration. I deduct one start because the menu selection is failry conservative. I'd like to see just a little more risk taking and the menu being changed up more frequently.Special Features:
- I'm sure the quality of meatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2011I'm sure the quality of meat was high, but the kitchen overcooked and severly oversalted all three of our steaks. At any price this is unfortunate, but at El Gaucho prices is is unacceptable and unforgivable. They should really know better. The service was good and the scene was energetic. But $500 for three overcooked steaks cooked in salt, save your money and go to one of Seattle's truly fine restaurants.
- A great dining experience.jdnoVIPDined on 3/29/2011A great dining experience. Music in the background is a nice touch. Great service!Special Features:
- Expensive but worth itSeattleMikeVIPDined on 3/26/2011El Gaucho is a very cool dining experience with a nice array of offerings mainly around a steakhouse menu. Service was very good but the waiters attentiveness was a bit off the night we were there. Food was outstanding with the spicy tuna tar-tare appetizer, the table side Caesar which was made just right, a porterhouse perfectly cooked. This was served with a baked potato with their cheese sauce, roasted corn both a la carte. Finally they topped this off with a fruit/nut/cheese plate which was a very nice closer. The wine selection was very good and with some affordable bottles. Overall the ambiance was loud but not overly so. Dark and intimate though with stadium seating over the kitchen and live piano. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- We have been going to El GouchoLovesfoodDined on 3/16/2011We have been going to El Goucho for several years. Every time we have great experience. The food, the ambiance and the service has been top notch.Special Features:
- I ordered my steak mediumOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/6/2011I ordered my steak medium rare and my sister ordered hers medium well. They were done the same. I have had much better steaks at other steak houses, Metropolitan and Ruth's Chris. good wine listSpecial Features:
- I'm a native Seattleite.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/5/2011I'm a native Seattleite. I've always wanted to try El Gaucho. We really liked the atmosphere, service was good. I ordered pan fried oysters, and I've had better. My boyfriend enjoyed his steak. We shared a mediocre baked potato, spinach, and caesar salad. Glad I finally tried it, wouldn't go back.
- Great place for a steak.DaveVIPDined on 3/4/2011Great place for a steak. Excellent attentive service.Special Features:
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/4/2011I would have rated this higher had I not learned on my last visit that some of the food is pre-made. At the prices you pay, you'd expect food to be fresh (ie risotto and other sides). Service is hit or miss. Sometimes you have a good waiter, other times not. The atmosphere is always nice, which is disappointing that El Gaucho is so inconsistent, which makes it feel more like a chain restaurant and less special/unique.
- Everything was wonderful,food1234Dined on 2/25/2011Everything was wonderful, except our steak. It was overly seasoned. The tastes I got that did not have the seasoning were wonderful! Excellent filet. But the Gaucho seasoning was overdone and way to salty to enjoy the meal. Sauces and sides were excellent, ambiance was wonderful. But a disappointing experience due to Salt. Back to The Met we go for a reliable, always good, steak experience.
- Very spendy and fun specialOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/20/2011Very spendy and fun special occassion place. You'll be wow'ed, and that includes by the prices unless you are of some means. Happy hour is also a great option here, but for a big indulgence it can be awfully fun.
- Could not ask for more!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2011Very happy and will definitely visit in the near future.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner. TheATKPILOTDined on 1/31/2011We had a great dinner. The service was exceptional. Perfect venue for a romantic outing. Curtis and Larry made it a special night.Special Features:
- The food was marginal. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2011The food was marginal. The steak was overcooked. The mashed potatoes were cold. The "spicy" shrimp was bland. The ceasar salad was ruined by the garlic and dijon-way too much of each. We were often forgotten by the wait staff. It was a disappointing and very expensive experience.Special Features:
- Not Up to Par this Timeredster57VIPDined on 1/26/2011I'm a huge El Gaucho fan. I don't like to rate it this low, but this was my least favorite visit here. My steak was cooked well done and I asked for medium. Our waiter was great. I gave 4 out of 5 stars because of the person who made our Bananas Foster (not our waiter) was very inattentive and kept looking all around the restaurant not paying a bit of attention to us.Special Features:
- The food was superb. The oystersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/20/2011The food was superb. The oysters we ordered were fresh without any sort of metallic finish. The steaks (filet & porterhouse) were cooked to perfection, a medium rare with a cool pink center. The standout was the lobster mashed potatoes, which melted in our mouths. Each meal concludes with complimentary cheese, nuts and fruit and our dessert (cheesecake) was delicious. Our server was informative and personable but could have been more attentive initially. We were ready to order for quite some time before he made it back to our table and made us wait for about 20 minutes beyond what we would have preferred. We didn't place our order until about 40 minutes after being seated. He also neglected to put in our side order for scallops.Special Features:
- We've been to El Gaucho aOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/16/2011We've been to El Gaucho a handful of times and this visit didn't disappoint. The restaurant was quite busy for a Sunday evening. The ambiance was bustling, but it was still quiet enough for us to have our own conversation without yelling. Our server was fantastic; very attentive and personable. I started with a glass of Malbec and then our server offered to pair a glass for the entree. He selected one and would only tell me that "it was a blend". After I got to enjoy a bit of my entree and pairing, he let me know what I was drinking. This experience was an unexpected surprise! Food was delicious (as expected)!Special Features:
- Always vibrant with lots ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2010Always vibrant with lots of energy. Found our waitress to be in a hurry to get our dinner out and we felt rushed from the time our drinks came until our dinner was delivered. One of the sides we orderd didn't arrive. Not quite the night we had hoped for. Food we did have was good.Special Features:
- El gaucho has become a ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/22/2010El gaucho has become a Christmas tradition! We love it!!!! Skip the bread and order food to share as you get so much food! The bananas foster is a must!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience--ItOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/20/2010Excellent dining experience--It was definately worth it!Special Features:
- Nice experience. My expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/19/2010Nice experience. My expectations were very high because a couple friends of ours raved about this restaurant. Food was very good but not the best I've had. Ordered the 24 oz. porterhouse and had their peppercorn sauce which I did not care for at all. Should have ordered it El Gaucho style like my friend mentioned. Didn't say anything because I didn't want to spoil our evening. For the price I've had much better. Great service however! Celebrated 30th Anniversary and still had enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great old school feel. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/15/2010Great old school feel. Food and services is always the best! Totally consistent, which is great. Great happy hour and busy bar scene. A bit dark so they give you flash lights to read the menu. I feel the have some of the best service in town.Special Features:
- Not many places one can getOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/6/2010Not many places one can get a tableside ceasar salad made for them, not to mention everything being first rate. loved it as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Excellent service. The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/4/2010Excellent service. The best steak I have ever had. I love the tableside food preparation also. We really enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/27/2010The service was excellent. The wait staff is very knowledgeable and gave us excellent suggestions. I was not that happy with our table, but that was my fault, I had to change the resv. to a later time. Our meal was excellent as well. I would definitely recommend El Gaucho.Special Features:
- This is a very nice restaurantDaleRuthDined on 11/20/2010This is a very nice restaurant especially for special occasions. Both my wife and I had the individual small tenderloin fillets. My wife's was perfect. Mine was extremely salty. I had my wife try mine to make sure I wasn't off somehow. The waiter came by an offered to replace the beef. I can't stand to see a great piece of meat go to waste so I I ended up cutting off the top and finished the meat. When they brought the check the waiter deducted the tenderloin. I thought the gesture was appropriate and we left pleased with the restaurant.Special Features:
- AS TERRIFIC, IN ALL REGARDS,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2010AS TERRIFIC, IN ALL REGARDS, AS EXPECTED.SERVICE (STEPHANIE)WAS FABULOUS! ULTIMATE PRO. KINDA LARGE, OPEN DECOR COULD BE MADE MORE INTIMATE. KITCHEN VIEW IS GREAT.Special Features:
- I had made a mistake in myOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2010I had made a mistake in my reservation day and they were very nice in accomodating us as it was my birthday weekend and they were very busy - which is a good sign! Everything was great and we will be back again, probably to their Bellevue location, next time.Special Features:
- El Gaucho was fantastic. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2010El Gaucho was fantastic. My wife and I went there for our 5th wedding anniversary. We had a fantastic experience. They seated us within 30 seconds of arriving and we were seated close to the kitchen. The ambiance is great with a piano player and dim lighting. Watching the cooks in the kitchen next to that charcoal fire was part of the entertainment. My wife and I each had a steak, for me the peppercorn New York, my wife had the rib eye chop. We had the risotto, scalloped potatos, and spinach for sides and a glass of wine for each of us. Everything was cooked perfectly and was amazing. I would do it exactly the same next time.Special Features:
- Great experience all around.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/7/2010Great experience all around. Coming from LA I had modest expectations but was blown away! Definitelybworthvcelebrating special occasions. Personal flashlights a nice touch. I am impressed.Special Features:
- Just a fantastic experience. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2010Just a fantastic experience. We added in the OpenTable notes that it was our 5-year anniversary, and everyone that we met at the restaurant congratulated us. It was such a terrific touch. On top of that, the food was just incredible. The New York steak was outstanding and the tuna steak was delicious. Highly, highly recommended!Special Features: