Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta
1100 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 4044752277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 5:00PM Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Murphy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 12th
- Public Transit: We are located between the Midtown & Arts Center MARTA Train Stations. MARTA Bus line has multiple stops along our block of Peachtree Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: $5 Valet parking available evenings 7 days a week. Street parking is available on side streets however, Oceanaire can not guarantee street parking.
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)romantic (88)fit for foodies (67)good for groups (55)notable wine list (45)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (16)scenic view (12)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Protein2014Dined on 8/12/2014The service was excellent and the food was spectacular. Top of the line menu selections. We visit Oceanaire every time we come to Atlanta. It is truly a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!RarecutDined on 8/9/2014The ambiance is inviting, white table cloth centered by dimly-lit candles. Our server's name was Lucky and she was not only knowledgeable of the menu, but conversed in a way to recommend items to your liking. Louis took great care of the table. We began with the Fried Asparagus coupled with bowls of soup. The tomato crab bisque was amazing. I had the traditional surf and turf, magnificent and my husband had salmon. He praised it. Overall, I would recommend the Oceanaire Seafood Room to anyone looking for an easy upscale wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- DeliciousKbkingVIPDined on 8/8/2014I took a prospect on a business lunch. The atmosphere and menu were impressive. The noise level was the perfect level to be able to carry on a business discussion. I had the crab melt and can't wait to go back and have it again. Delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiversityDined on 8/3/2014I am always generally pleased when I hosts guests at Oceannaire-especially those who have never gone. With this most recent visit, my guest ended up coming back the very next day. There was a bit of a mix up on my order but it was minor and was promptly taken care of. One of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Dining ExperienceGraspDined on 8/2/2014We started with "Perfect G&T" cocktails. Hendricks gin, elderflower liqueur and tonic. They were so good we had another. At $15 though, next time we'll just order one. The clam chowder was the best my wife ever tasted, and she is from New England. My bisque was good. Our entree, king salmon, was flawless and had a nice, mild flavor. Well worth $40. My wife had the white blend wine. She called it delicious. My red blend was not as good a choice. Dessert was a baked Alaska. It should have stayed in Alaska. Our server, David, was excellent: Attentive yet not overbearing. Bottom line: Highly recommended. For some, the evening might seem a little steep for a couple of hundred bucks. I thought it had real value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 1st visit to O.S.R.-AtlKasey2Dined on 7/30/2014The experience was great, I will definitely return, and tell anyone looking for great place to dine.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/30/2014Selected Oceanaire for a special lunch but food was far from special. Shrimp in salad was overcooked, crab cakes were not 'to die for' as expected. Unfortunately will not be coming back.
- GoodCodaDined on 7/29/2014Had the rainbow trout, and lobster, was very good. Good service, also had the sweet potato soufflex, it was hot and nice. Drinks didn;t taste as I would like, tasted like orange rings, and watered down a bit, but I asked for a different drink and it came back fineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodDivaDinerDined on 7/27/2014You can always depend on Oceanaire for fresh, well prepared seafood. The chefs, waiters, and staff are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night dinnerperiodicalDined on 7/26/2014Warm, Stupendous service, delivering a festival of flavors.Special Features:
- Great!SeafoodlvrDined on 7/26/2014Food was outstanding. Ambiance was wonderful. Look forward to eating there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service, & ambienceslightfoodieVIPDined on 7/21/2014Excellent value compared to McKendricks & Capital Grille. It's not cheap, but the service, food, and ambience will be worth what you pay. By comparison, the service & ambience you get at McKendricks is a little less stellar for more money. The service at Capital Grille is only a tiny bit more elite, and the food is a tiny bit more delectable lol, but not sure those incremental increases in goodness are worth the extra 30% that you'll pay in the end. Ocenaire has consistently been a great place for our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okaydiningprofessorVIPDined on 7/16/2014Our party enjoyed our food and the service was good. But, I don't think I can say that anything was stellar or particularly creative. It is good seafood at high prices. I'm not sure I would eat here again in view of all of the outstanding restaurants in Atlanta and even in Midtown. I don't mind spending money on good food, but I expect evidence of creativity or something very special for the prices on this menu.
- Excellent serviceImpressedDined on 7/13/2014Went in with a group of 8 fifteen minutes before closing. The staff still provided excellent service and quality food at such a late hour. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peachespeachesDined on 7/13/2014Dined at Oceanaire for the first time on July 13. It was very good. We tried several dishes the best being Shrimp & Grits. The crab cakes were excellent. The King Crab was mediocre at best. However the service was outstanding. Our server was Lucky and she could not have been more knowledgeable of her products and her service timing was perfect. Very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 57plusDined on 7/6/2014We celebrated our 57th wedding anniversary dinner at the Oceanaire Seafood restaurant. What a delightful experience! We were treated like royalty. Our meal was delicious, everything cooked perfectly. Our waiter, Daniel was so accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient to MidtownBobbyVIPDined on 7/4/2014Overall the Oceanaire delivered an average experience. Food was good but nothing outstanding. I was surprised that of all the seafood there were no gulf fish selections. It is a Landrys restaurant so you should set your expectations accordingly. Location is great and if you are staying in Midtown it is convenient. Nice setting inside the restaurant and bar looked popular but we did not try it.Special Features:
- Great food.ReviewFromAtlantaDined on 7/4/2014The food is fresh, delicious, and fulfilling. My husband and I went for our 1st anniversary and it was perfect. I can't wait to return for the crab cakes and lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodLuvgoodseafoodDined on 6/30/2014We always have a great experience at Oceanaire. The food is fresh and cooked well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerKvelovieDined on 6/28/2014We love oceanaire restuarant. Great food and great service. A++++.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italyVIPDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food and surroundings, the best Baked Alaska ever, over-priced but worth it.
- What a pleasant surpriseWhitb2Dined on 6/18/2014Being from New England originally, I'm a seafood snob. This was a pleasant surprise and will make this a regular spot when I need a "seafood fix"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hail to the kitchen and Chef!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2014Fresh oysters, fish stew with delectable surprises, complimentary oven baked sourdough bread and veggie tray...really? Do I need to say more? Loved it..always do tho...Special Features:
- Terrible serviceVictorDined on 6/15/2014The waiter was friendly but so paid attention with our table!Special Features:
- incredible....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014it was our first time to ever eat at this restaurant and it was outstanding. The food was delicious, fresh. The portion what's perfect because we don't like to overeat. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable of the type of food they served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this PlaceG8tAssistantDined on 6/9/2014I am always pleasantly pleased whenever I visit this restaurant. The service, food, and ambience is top notch. I think of it as a "hidden treasure".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceJulie66Dined on 6/7/2014The service was great and they were very attentive. It was my husband's birthday and they printed up his name on the menu which was nice. It was a pretty restaurant but not very busy and it was Saturday night. I'm thinking that since it is downtown Atlanta, it may be busier during the week with business people. The waitress was very knowledgable and professional. My only complaint was the food. I thought it was mediocre at best. It certainly wasn't " bad" but thought the less expensive Bonefish restaurant actually has better tasting food.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerBSW724Dined on 6/6/2014I went all out for my wife's 30th birthday and Oceanaire didn't let me down. First we ordered the shrimp and grits, it was outstanding. My wife got the sea scallops from the chef selections and was very pleased with it. I ordered the surf and turf from the chef selections, it was a 6oz filet with a mini crap crake on top and it came with a small side of Gouda Mac & Cheese, it was simply perfect. The check wasn't too bad either. If you want great seafood, this is the place for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1837 reviews are from the Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta reviews archive.
- Dinner ExperienceseafoodDined on 5/31/2014The food was ok. Waitress was too fake. She kept sayind excellent to everything we said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable upscaleMM1409Dined on 5/31/2014Thought it was very good, but not exceptional. For Atlanta, this is likely going to be some of the best seafood you'll get. Really good service and atmosphere. For the cost, it is in line with the experience you'd expect.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedDewyVIPDined on 5/27/2014waiter pushed into side item and for for a new one. It came back cold. Asked for a second glass of wine. did come back until 10 minutes later. Was there at end of night only one other couple left. Too many check in visits. Notable he seemed very nice.
- eatonlocationDined on 5/26/2014simply great food and great service...i recommend it highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badLuv2eatDined on 5/25/2014The restaurant was well decorated, nice ambiance. I just didn't care for the menu. The menu is primarily split into fairly elaborate menu choices or ala carte. The side dishes are very big. So unless you can get a group to agree on large sides, you order your fish and maybe one side. I don't like this type of menu. The restaurant was very clean, the food seemed very fresh. Everything was well prepared. My review is only based on my preferences, not the food quality.
- great diningPhillDined on 5/25/2014This was my first time dining at Oceanaire and it lived up to everything I expected of it. The rainbow trout and salmon was fresh and great. The side dishes of spinach and sweet potato souffle were excellent. The waiters were always there and made great suggestions. I got a menu to take home with my name on it for my birthday. I loved the experience and will certainly make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best crabcake in ATLOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/24/2014Oceanaire still has the est crab cake in ATL, the seared scallops and dirty cod was also very good. I only wish they had a better wine list - not a lot of good choices and the mark-up is very high for ordinary winesSpecial Features:
- We waited too long to try OceanaireBrettDined on 5/23/2014The service was outstanding, the atmosphere was alive and comforting, but the food was phenomenal. The salmon was one of the best I've ever had. The scallops with risotto were incredible. We won't wait years to return here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently outstandingMackVIPDined on 5/22/2014A must stop everytime I visit Atlanta, The Oceanaire never disappoints. Great food, excellent service, and an elegant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but lacked a WOW factorSeafoodLoverDined on 5/18/2014The ambience was nice, but I felt the food was a bit pricey just to be mediocre. Also, it would be nice if the entrees (i.e. crabcakes) at least came with a side for the price.Special Features:
- Did not disappointNorthnightoutDined on 5/17/2014Oysters, apps and entre's were very good, and the service was friendly and professional. Enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- worth the price!!showtymeDined on 5/17/2014Great food and service well worth the price!! Some of the freshest seafood I have had in Atlanta!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.