Clyde's of Tysons Corner
8332 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Tysons Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 7037341901x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rebecca Fischer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Rooms located on second floor, with rooms available for parties of 2-200.
- Private Party Facilities: Three private and two semi-private rooms available for groups of 2 - 200.
- Private Party Contact: Megan Kilby 7037341901x
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Tysons Corner
At one of Virginia’s busiest crossroads and convenient to world-class shopping, this Clyde's features Robin Hill paintings, Albert Paley metal sculpture, hand-blown glass fixtures and American artifacts. Seasonal American cuisine in an Art Deco setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Clyde's of Tysons Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Clyde's of Tysons Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (77)good for groups (56)special occasion (51)great for brunch (48)neighborhood gem (46)vibrant bar scene (33)fit for foodies (27)romantic (26)kid-friendly (22)hot spot (14)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- JugeDined on 4/26/2014Everyone in my group loved their food. I had the roast lamb and it was perfect. Cocktails were good too- the mojito was great. A friend and I were getting together with a childhood friend we hadn't seen in more than 30 years. So conversation was important. Unfortunately, two large parties were seated on both sides of us and it got really loud. Service suffered too after those groups came in.Special Features:
- Great Easter Brunch!spagirl1Dined on 4/20/2014I took my two young daughters to Clyde's for Easter Brunch. We had a noon reservation that I made online through Open Table, and were seated immediately. The back room is bright, sunny and quiet compared to the rest of the restaurant which was quite busy. The girls enjoyed the sourdough french toast, Belgian waffle and sausages. I had the deviled eggs (YUM!) and eggs Chesapeake with lump crabmeat. Great food, great service and even a visit from the Easter Bunny! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Clyde'sfoodDined on 4/20/2014Whent for Sunday Brunch. My steak was chewy and too salty. Meal came before drinks. Service was slow.
- Odd decor. Mediocre service.jwc123Dined on 4/20/2014Spent a while trying to determine the theme of this Clyde's. Strange for a family restaurant to have nude paintings on every wall, and the fact that we went on Easter and the Easter Bunny was there just added to the juxtaposition. When we asked our waiter what the theme was, he said "Uh, I don't know. Naked paintings?" Unfortunately, he seemed to know even less about waiting on tables. We were left for long stretches, and once we had ordered our food, we did not see him again until it was time to hunt the check down. No drink refills were offered. A quick check would have given us the opportunity to complain about the mutton-like hanger steak. This visit was really inconsistent with what I've come to expect from the chain.
- Had great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/18/2014Food great; service excellent. Our young daughter disapproved of naked people on the walls, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Convenient Place for LunchWestenderVIPDined on 4/14/2014Convenient location, a solid menu, quiet atmosphere so you can carry on a business conversation, decent service.Special Features:
- This month's special not so goodLocalMasterVIPDined on 4/12/2014We had a fine Clyde's experience except that the special of the month, a fried catfish meal, was bland, boring, and tasteless unless you like ham juice and kale. The portion was incredibly small also. And the thickness of the breading greatly exceeded expectations and what it appeared to be on the poster advertsing it at the front door.Special Features:
- Another Very Good Meal at Clyde'sPastaLoverVIPDined on 4/5/2014We visit Clyde's every couple of months, generally when guests are in town. Consistently good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite spotFrequenttravelerDined on 4/4/2014We dine at this restaurant every time we are in the DC area...we have even come from Pa just to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014Excellent dinner and service. Always a good dining experience at this Clyde's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Clyde'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014This was my first time and I was very impressed with the food and service. The prices were very reasonable .I will be back again.Special Features:
- Hard to find and poor serviceABCDCDined on 3/29/2014With so many better options in Tyson's corner, don't waste your time with this place: location is very hard to get to, service is poor, and the food is 'ok'. In fact, other Clyde's in the DC metro area are better than this one.
- Bad Day?origamiVIPDined on 3/26/2014First time had bad lunch! Beef stew was sparse and waterly. Even the desserts, pare crisp and hot fudge sundae, were bad..
- Food & service were very good.MaineRickVIPDined on 3/22/2014Food & service were very good. Even though the place was fairly empty, we were seated close to a large group that were quite loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchpeterVIPDined on 3/20/2014seven of us got together for lunch. Actually, we get together here every so often. Some had fish and chips...I would not recommend that again.....
- Great DinnerJackVIPDined on 3/16/2014We took the family to celebrate a couple Birthdays. All had a great time and really enjoyed their dinners-flounder, rockfish, salmon, crab cakes and fish and chips. Appetizers of crab dip and calamari likewise were delicious. The complimentary Birthday choclate cake were excellent as well the orders of sundaes and chocolate mousse. Service also was great--made for a very enjoyable celebration enjoyed by all!!!!Special Features:
- If you are looking for a placefanofbrunchDined on 3/14/2014If you are looking for a place for lunch in the Tyson's area that has good ambience then Clydes is a good choice. The atrium seating with the murals is kind of fun and curio for out of town visitors. There really isn't anything bad to say about the food - but I can't really give it more than a good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just going through the motionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2014Sunday evening wasn't busy, but our party of seven seemed to overwhelm what wait staff was assigned to us. Special orders don't upset if they're ignored, so leave the onions on the salad. Food comes from the kitchen like so many clowns coming out of a Volkswagon beetle. Here why don't you take the soup! Perfect service for a zombie movie scene.
- large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014we had great time arranging a group of 27 parents and teenagers when visiting the area for a soccer tournament. Food and drinks were great but the waitress kind of ruined it with the checks as she left us hanging for 50+ minutes and we'd to ask 3 times to get checks. So food and drinks and atmosphere were good but defo ask for the check to be delivered or you'll just be left alone. Also the address is DEAD WRONG on the website. CALL for directions or there's no way you'll find it. Scary wrong too as the traffic in that area is KILLER and the restaurant is not able to be found without really good directions as it's on a service road that overlooks the highway. Go, but just caveat emptor on the only 2 issues mentioned aboveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to Clyde's usually standardsJerryDined on 3/2/2014We enjoy dining at Clyde's for special occasions and as a neighborhood eatery. On the evening of the Oscars, we had outstanding service, in their quiet Bird Room but were disappointed with the food. Our Prince Edward oysters were delicious, my Rockfish special was very good but the potatoes were cold and felt uncooked. My wife's lamb shank was cool but she didn't wish to return it to the kitchen as she wanted to see the Oscars. This was just an off night at Clyde's for us as we usually have a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to the 60sfoodhobbyistVIPDined on 2/23/2014Went for brunch. Service was okay but have had better, food was good but nothing special. Décor needs an updating/overhaul. Restaurant does show its age (perhaps 1960s). By its location, it appears that commercial/office developers just built around it. Perhaps the parcel should have been sold during that Tyson's Corner building boom.
- Good & ConsistentMikeDVADined on 2/16/2014Went to Clyde's on Sunday evening on the way back from the city. Clyde's is almost a historical landmark in Tysons Corner. It has good decore, ambience, service and food. I definetly recommend. The only thing that I noticed, now that I bring my 5 year old along, is that one back wall mural is a bit suggestive (so just a warning for parents of young children), but other than that....great place for group and family dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceNeedabreakDined on 2/16/2014Food was great. Service was good. Overall experience was a positive one. Would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think the service couldTerren1999Dined on 2/15/2014I think the service could have been much better. The server didn't check in often. It was long waits for refills of our drinks.Special Features:
- Disappointedmike0198Dined on 2/15/2014This visit to Clyde's was disappointing for several reasons: - In my open table reservation, I asked for a corner table, but instead was seated immediately adjacent to another table for two making it impossible to have a private conversation with my wife. - The mussels we ordered to share were sandy, some with a little others with so much that they were not edible. - On the other hand, the lamb shank and the salmon salad were excellent - Service was slow and unresponsive, probably due to the restaurant being full, yet understaffed. For instance, following the mussels we asked for wet naps. When they did not arrive for 10 minutes, we asked another waiter who brought them promptly.
- Neighborhoood FavoriteChrisDined on 2/15/2014This Clyde's is a neighborhood favorite because of the 1/2 price oyster bar Sun-Fri, the friendly service, consistent food, and the changing menu that keeps a few favorites. I booked a surprise small dinner (8) here for my husband's birthday and they did a wonderful job making sure we were happy. The service was great, we never felt they wanted to turn the table although we were there for 3+ hours, and the food was very good. Clyde's kept the surprise when we arrived, drinks were excellent, and the eight of us were very happy with the evening. My husband was surprised and thrilled with the nice evening.Special Features:
- Was just ok...smallzDined on 2/14/2014Been to Clyde's before in Georgetown and this one just didn't match up. Good was ok and the service here was hit and miss.Special Features:
- Great food, but the service...YummersDined on 2/14/2014It was our first time dining here, though we love Old Ebbit. We loved the food, from raw oysters to steak to pear crisp. It was just the service I had a problem with. Our server was very monotonous, not unlike Lurch from Addams Family, and inattentive/uninterested. We watched every table around us get served bread and I even made eye contact with the guy serving it and he skipped us. The same thing happened when the manager (or some important staff member) went around the tables asking if everyone was having a nice time (it is worth mentioning she skipped us an and Indian couple, the only non-white people in the room).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for All OccasionsBizmeetDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I are Clyde's devotees and have been going for many years. Always warm, friendly, and welcoming, it was the place to be during the Washington D.C area snow-storms. Despite the inclement weather, Clyde's had all the special touches in place for Valentine's Day and we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerLeslieDined on 2/11/2014We took our 4 children to dinner at Clyde's before we were heading downtown to the theater. The menu is varied and has something for everyone. We were seated close to the roaring fireplace which was very cozy. The restaurant was quiet and it made for a very relaxing dinner. Everyone enjoyed their entrees as well. Its a good place to bring your kids, although the room we were in has a very large mural of an ancient Roman (or Greek) scenery of people and animals (people are naked). Only one of my kids really noticed it .. but if you preferred your kids to not see that, there is another side of the restaurant without the mural.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but hard to find!BonnieDined on 2/11/2014Had a nice lunch, the atmosphere was good, service fine and for the most part the food was good. One diner had the Eggs Benedict that were very blahhhh and the fried potatoes served with them were overly seasoned and not edible for someone sensitive to heat. The biggest problem is FINDING the place. The directions are not easy and the construction and changes in the area make it difficult for someone who has not been to the place before. We almost gave up and went somewhere else.Special Features:
- Great Seafood dinnerJackVIPDined on 2/9/2014We both had the fluke and it was perfectly cooked and delicious. And the sides of portabello mushrooms andgnocchi was likewise excellent. Can not beat their hot fudge sundae. Service likewise was great!! A very enjoyable dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely return...foodiemamaDined on 2/9/2014We were all very satisfied with our food. The menu was really varied and offered something for everyone. They were AWESOME with my son's food allergies. Our server was slow and lacked something to be desired, but overall the experience was great and we'll return.Special Features:
- Tired, sorry to saytastyVIPDined on 2/2/2014Haven't been to this location in 19 years and it is looking TIRED. The location was always a bit tricky to reach, it has been further challenged by the new rail line preventing multiple accesses. Food and server were fine but won't return. Fresh places with updated decor and easy access will win out.
- Had a great evening at Clydesafteryou8Dined on 1/31/2014Had a great evening at Clydes this week. The steak was cooked exactly as I wanted. The servers were there just when we needed them....no more, no less. Very professional.Special Features:
- January Fried OystersZDinerDined on 1/31/2014Loved the January fried oysters special. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old, cold and not worth itStarrVIPDined on 1/28/2014Old, cold and not worth it with all of the nearby options.
- Nearby GemYankeeJimDined on 1/24/2014Great place tucked away in Tyson's Corner area with several rooms making a large place feel small. Can be noisy for a lunchtime chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the ruffonthehuntforgoodfoodDined on 1/19/2014Clyde's has a great brand name so I knew it would be delicious food. I have never been to this particular location, and while it was challenging to find, it was well worth the hunt. Not only was the food amazing but the wait staff was hilarious and the Sunday entertainment, a magician, was simply amazing! Truly an unexpected treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrived Earlycoastie71VIPDined on 1/17/2014I was very pleased that after we arrived early the restaurant accommodated us immediately. The food and service were excellent. I have been to Clyde's many times, and I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.