Taggia at FireSky
4925 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Taggia at FireSky
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taggiascottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4804246095x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Sunday, 7:00 am until 10:30 am
Lunch: Monday-Sunday, 11:30am until 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday- Saturday 5:30pm until 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Massimo DeFrancesca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Taggia Restaurant & Lounge at FireSky Resort & Spa is a premier choice for distinctive Scottsdale events and meetings. From modest board meetings to lavish wedding receptions, Taggia accommodates you in delicious style. In addition to accommodating private parties of up to 100 guests, Taggia provides catering for everything from a small gathering of a few to receptions for up to 1,000 guests at the adjacent FireSky Resort & Spa. Our lush patio features inviting fireside seating, while the dining room offers an elegant venue for private meals and receptions.
- Special Events: Join us in the Living Room Lounge for Aperativo Hour daily 5pm - 7pm for our $5 menu Featuring Four Peaks Draught Beer and select cocktails and Amaro
A word from Taggia at FireSky
Reminiscent of the Italian Riviera, the experience here is rustic yet refined, casual yet elegant. Featuring Coastal Italian cuisine, our menu highlights fresh seafood and wood fired oven pizzas. Chef Massimo De Francesca transforms carefully chosen organic, seasonal ingredients into the time-tested, naturally healthy dishes of Italy's Ligurian coastline. Believing that true Mediterranean cuisine is defined by the quality of the ingredients, flavorful dishes like Baccala Fritters with Hearts of Palm & Chipotle Aioli or Veal Tonnato with Tuna Emulsion, Pickled Eggs & Gerkin Pesto confirm this. Nestled within FireSky Resort & Spa, Taggia overlooks the lush oaisis lagoon and waterfalls. You can choose from the relaxed casual experience in the dining room with an intimate booth or the livelier social atmosphere of the outdoor patio, with wood burning fireplace and bubbling fountians. Inquire about our private dining and catering options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Taggia at FireSky - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Taggia at FireSky reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (16)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (11)notable wine list (10)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (8)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Fantastic Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014We ate here twice while at FireSky. It was fabulous both times. The kitchen staff did a great job in getting the food out to the table very quickly. The entire staff seems to enjoy their job and the guests that they serve - from the hostess to the waiters/waitresses.Special Features:
- Creative and outstanding foodConfVisitVIPDined on 2/20/2014Four of us enjoyed a wonderful dining experience at Taggia. Each dish was perfectly prepared. The contrast in tastes was both surprising and delicious. The service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor dining at it's bestdumoyer2Dined on 2/17/2014informed and efficient server, lovely setting, excellent food prepared and plated beautifully. A favorite was the crispy lamb belly, similar to the ubiquitous pork belly so popular of late, but with a mild lamby taste and not quite as fatty it was divine. The misto salad was rather ordinary but tasty. The osso bucco falling off the bone tender the and skirt steak, juicy and cooked exactly as requested..Special Features:
- Terrific food! The salad dressingsGC140FBCVIPDined on 2/12/2014Terrific food! The salad dressings were perfect: not too vinegary, well-balanced. I loved my seared ahi: It was delicious and beautifully presented! The setting is very nice---comfortable and attractive. Wonderful service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a lovely meal at Taggiatable42VIPDined on 2/8/2014Had a lovely meal at Taggia on Saturday night. Do not miss the pizza's! Crispy airy crust is perfect. The date, bacon, goat cheese pizza is fantastic! Smokey and a touch of sweetness - yum! Three of us split it as a appetizer followed by a pasta course. All the pasta was homemade and all were delicious. Don't miss Taggia for a fun night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant.. OurupstairsxcelntVIPDined on 2/7/2014Excellent restaurant.. Our waiter was excellent and knew how to explain the menu and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient but not worth itJerseyRegVIPDined on 2/1/2014I was staying at the hotel so we decided to eat dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. The food was fair, however, I recommend the many other options in Scottsdale that are worth the drive.
- Very nice place, but onlyGraceVIPDined on 1/22/2014Very nice place, but only seemed to have one waitress so service was a little slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Final NightSasquatchDined on 1/18/2014Taggia was great all around. Food, service and atmosphere. Fresh food made to order with excellent menu options. Had an enjoyable dinner outside as well as an after dinner drink inside by the fireplace. The FireSky Resort where the restaurant is located was also amazing! The front desk even gave us a ride back to our hotel! Imagine that in the Northeast! Would highly recommend to all! Will be back there next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob GRJGJAGVIPDined on 1/1/2014Salad and entrees were very good.....Our waiter was pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give TaggiaLocalsDined on 12/28/2013We began with an appetizer of Formaggi. This cheese plate includes 4 different cheeses. Our favorite was the robiola - sweet, soft, & creamy. My wife's entre as garganelli pasta (similar to penne) with scampi in a poblano béchamel sauce. Quite good...the scampi were a little skimpy ;~), but delicious. I chose the ossobuco in a red wine demi glaze. The shank was fall-of-the-bone tender - just as it should be. Delicious lemon polenta. The wine list is good, covering most of the globe. I especially enjoyed the Malbec from Argentina. Portions were good, but not overwhelming. We opted to take our dessert home. The tiramisu was outstanding, even the next day.Special Features:
- Great Ambience and Terrific foodlreneeDined on 12/27/2013We had a wonderful time celebrating my husbands birthday. The waiter "Will" had amazing customer service and was very knowledgable about the menu! The food was fantastic! We were very pleased with our selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend Taggia!DiningTravellerDined on 12/25/2013Great to find a charming restaurant with really good food and a wecoming staff that was open on Christmas and serving their normal menu. Coming from New York, we prefer to eat later and many of the restaurants we tried in Scottsdale discouraged us from an 8 pm reservation. Tagging was full at 8 pm, the staff was welcoming and the menu was great. We really enjoyed the restaurant and will definitely be back on our next visit to Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Resort Dinner a HitOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/25/2013We had a very lovely and special Christmas dinner. Everything was superb. We particularly appreciated the chef's willingness to offer the dinner menu when we had made reservations a tad too early and the ability to make a couple of substitutes to the accompaniments. We particularly liked the fact that this fine restaurant is in a resort that is dog-friendly, too, in public areas (lobby, patio)! We definitely will look into staying at the Resort beyond just returning again for a meal when we come over for a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristmasMoFromAZDined on 12/25/2013They had a price fixe option and that's what I selected along with 2 others in the party while one did a la cart. The selections were good but wish there was a little more variety . We enjoyed a bottle of prosecco with our meal. I would like to come back to try from the menu. Love the location FireSkySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013I went here for a family dinner on the day of my graduation from ASU. The entire experience at this restaurant was phenomenal, to quickly and efficiently reserving a table online to the amazing specials on the menu. 5 stars all around, would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a perfect formal Italian dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taggia Restaurant at FireskyPendewDined on 12/4/2013I have eaten at Taggia twice the ambience is amazing! The food is good, not fantastic, the menu is limited and the food preparation is on a moderate level. I visit Italy often and love Italian food, so I was hoping to find Taggia's food authentic. My opinion is that they really need to change their dishes and have a bit more variety. I don't like it when restaurants try to be too gourmet and they just can't live up to it. It's better to get back to basics, if they can't deliver really amazing original food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not return & not recommendHswjdwDined on 11/28/2013Would not recommend , went for thanksgiving dinner . Service was poor and uncaring from the hostess all the way to the manager who was serving some meals, since our own waiter was rather inattentive. They brought my husband a fork to eat his crime brûlée, my pumpkin tart had something green in it , looked like a shred of lettuce, and the rest of the dinner was extremely mediocre and served with complete indifference. There was zero ambiance, in fact with the clatter of the kitchen we felt like we were eating in a canteen. Hugely disappointing - would never return.
- Dining at TaggiaJohnDined on 11/28/2013Enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner at Taggia. The turkey and stuffing were excellent. We plan to go back for another dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealPickyEaterDined on 11/24/2013Had dinner here on a Sunday night while on a golf vacation in Scottsdale. Took advantage of the Kimpton November prixe fixe promo, and all 3 courses were great, very fresh and well prepared, if not all entirely Italian (ahi tuna appetizer, butternut squash soup, scallops with asparagus risotto, grilled swordfish, tiramisu and bread pudding). The seafood was perfectly cooked, not overdone in the least. Our waitress was very friendly and chatted with us for a while, since the restaurant wasn't too busy. Overall it was a fantastic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed for the second timeDocSidDined on 11/23/2013The special was a seafood risotto and it smelled fishy. The waiter did not tell us about another special and we overheard it at another table. The staff was quick to get us to order and slow to visit us after we were served. This was the second time we have been there that we had to flag down a staff member to get our waiter. The wine service was also slow . You had to ask for bread and it was slow to arrive as well. The caesar salad was real good. I do not like to complain but we will not be going back there again.
- The food was excellent. WhatchiroazVIPDined on 11/9/2013The food was excellent. What makes it an experience to me is the level of service your receive. The hostess went above and beyond to make sure we had the best possible table. The waiter was attentive and friendly. The manager and the chef both came over to make sure everything was perfect. To me, that is what the experience is all about. I appreciate all the effort as it left us leaving with a smile and good feelings about our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had higher expectationsfoodVIPDined on 10/19/2013The burrata appetizer was excellent but the main course did not measure up. While the three scallops were cooked just right, the risotto lacked flavor and seemed dense and starchy. Likewise the orecchiette was undercooked (think gnocchi chewy), and a bit cheesy. All the ingredients seemed fresh. I would try again, because it is a beautiful resort setting, but disappointed this first time.Special Features:
- Great DinnerCoach4TravelDined on 10/14/2013Four of us had dinner at Taggia's for the second time and loved our experience more the second time. We sat on the outside Patio overlooking a beautiful pool surrounded by quite a light show. The food was awesome, the wine and drinks also awesome. Our server Lauren knows the menu inside and out and that makes our experience Great! We would advise anyone who wants a romantic dinner with their special somebody to come here ask for Lauren and Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsharoldVIPDined on 10/11/2013While they have a nice outside dining area, my wife and I chose to eat inside and had a nice booth. The food was very good and creatively prepared, and the attention of the service staff and maître d' was way more than you (we!) usually experience, even at nice restaurants, without being hovering. They couldn't do enough for us to see we were taken care of. We shared a first course of braised lamb belly, which was outstanding. I had sand dabs and my wife had sea scallops with lemon and asparagus risotto, all of which were excellent. We shared the dessert of tiramisu with chocolate sauce that was a perfect finish. The only down side was the inside area entrance was close to a bar out in the lobby, where noise from there spilled into the roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second time here. TheDesertjoDined on 10/7/2013Our second time here. The food wasn't as good as the first time, but maybe it's how we ordered. Bolognese spaghetti was very good. Our waitress Sara was outstanding! They honored our request for a special table and brought the anniversary couple a lovely dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor dining...EnceeDined on 9/23/2013...if only the food measured up! Dined with friends who had a fabulous meal here during the summer. We came for restaurant week, and it was good but not great.
- Nice Find!ALMESAVIPDined on 9/23/2013The outdoor setting is jut lovely. The staff is friendly and efficient and the food was delicious! We're very glad we have found Taggia!!Special Features:
- Out of Towner DelightShoegirlDined on 9/13/2013We stayed at the Firesky Resort and Spa for a ladies bachelorette/wedding shower weekend and came from out of town. Booked at Taggia because it was close and had good reviews. Originally reserved for 11, changed it to 9 and then upon check in changed to 8 - they had no problem. The restaurant was ready for us with a private room and curtain where we were able to have a wonderful time(and loud). Our waiter Kyle did a fantastic job with recommendations for our group with appetizers, dinner, drinks and wine. We were a handful (seriously), but he never failed to provide us with excellent service and a smile. The food presentation was wonderful, the flavor outstanding and the timing perfect, even the Chef came out and thanked us. WOW!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion...not fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2013Dinner was good; shared one of their specials. the Employees were extremely accommodating. Restaurant is at a hotel and sits adjacent to the bar (not sure if there was a quiet table at all). There was lots of bar noise which was a little distracting through dinner. If we had dinner later in the meaning, maybe that would not have been the case.Special Features:
- Classy privet one on one feelstaycation2013Dined on 8/23/2013Went here on a nice date with my gorgeous girlfriend. Ordered the best of everything. The waiter we had REALLY knows wines. And the chief came by our table during our meal to make sure we loved our steaks. We did and it's a nice touch he came by. Then he came by as we got into our very decadent desert, and again we were very happy with the deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed, quiet atmosphere.TravelerVIPDined on 8/11/2013Relaxed, quiet atmosphere. Reasonably priced, but limited menu choices. The Greens salad (beets, smoked goat cheese, porcini) one of the best I've tasted. I'd order the Orecchiette pasta again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locals should love itTTTTTTomDined on 7/6/2013Good quality food, knowledgeable server, good value. Great location in downtown Scottsdale; a varied menu; many of the pasta entrees are offered as appetizer portions.Special Features:
- Food was excellent with greatOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/23/2013Food was excellent with great variety, wonderful filet to pizza, awesome for all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very happy with ourlangle23Dined on 6/22/2013We were very happy with our choice of using the hotel restaurant! Because of our large party the checks did take awhile. Lots of confusion at bill time. Servers were wonderful! Chef came out and visited us! Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rekindling memoriesgmietznerDined on 6/15/2013We came to the resort that we stayed at on our wedding night, and it is still just as beautiful as it was 8 years ago. Eventhough there were children playing in the pool 50 feet away, it was still very quiet and romantic. The food and service was excellent, and made for an overall enjoyable evening. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- customer servicesophiecatDined on 6/7/2013The staff was very attentive and the food was wonderful. The chef prepared the best dishes and were served with beautiful presentation. Sometimes the jazz upbeat music was a bit too much especially at breakfast time. The lobby bar was very near and sometimes a bit too noisy for the diners but mostly it was a very nice spot.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerPokeyDined on 6/7/2013Food was fabulous as usual and consistent with other times I have dined here. Service was not good unfortunately and this was a birthday celebration. The restaurant was empty so you would think we would get extra attention. As I have found many times when a restaurant is slow the staff feels they are on a night long break and are not attentive. Will come back again for the food but if service is the same will go elsewhere to spend my time and money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best pork chops everOtisCampbellDined on 6/6/2013Really great food and service! Everything about Taggia at FireSky was totally fantastic. The sea bass and chicken plates were both very good, but the best entree was the pork chop –– tender and moist, served over braised kale, and creamy sweet potato puree. Our waiter was very prompt and attentive, and the rest of the staff as well. After dinner, we ordered taramisu and bread pudding for desserts, the best we have had anywhere. We are eager to go return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was a little differentin4foodDined on 5/25/2013The food was a little different but good. The wait staff seemed a little understaff, but overall the experience was ok.I would recommend this to a friend.