The Grill on the Alley - San Jose
172 South Market St.
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
The Grill on the Alley - San Jose
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thegrill.com/sanjose
- Phone: 4082942244
- Hours of Operation:
The bar remains open after the dining
room closes and features a late-night bar menu.
in the bar
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Argentinean
- Executive Chef: Andy Hatcher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Take-out & catering available.
- Private Party Facilities: Complete with two private dining rooms, The Grill on the Alley can host groups up to 36 guests in an intimate setting. Specializing in professional and intimate service, The Grill offers private dining every day of the year.
- Private Party Contact: John Price 4082942244
- Entertainment: Walking distance to all downtown night clubs, hotels, theaters, and convention center.
- Special Events: The Grill on the Alley Private Rooms are available for all your event needs from business meeting to rehearsal dinners.
A word from The Grill on the Alley - San Jose
Inspired by the legendary grills of New York, Chicago and San Francisco, The Grill on the Alley features favorite American classics.Hardwood floors, white table clothes, leather booths and white-jacketed waiters create a truly unique dining experience. The knowledgeable, friendly staff will guide you through the 500-plus wine offerings and extensive menu featuring Kobe Beef, USDA Prime Steaks, Fresh Seafood and American classics like Braised Short Ribs and Chicken Pot Pie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Grill on the Alley - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
The Grill on the Alley - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (33)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- Our dessert which took 30cotehDined on 5/31/2008Our dessert which took 30 minutes to make and wait was taken by another waiter and given to someone else. We had to wait again. It should never happen in a restaurant like this one.Special Features:
- The Grill was great. I proposedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2008The Grill was great. I proposed to my girlfriend that night.Special Features:
- Excellent service. AppreciatedbrobonVIPDined on 5/30/2008Excellent service. Appreciated that the wait staff asked right up front if we had an event so they could time the meal accordingly. We were promptly served, but not rushed. And they even filled our water glasses after we had finished our meals, which is unusual. Although we didn't stop in the bar, it looks like an excellent late-night place to stop for a drink.Special Features:
- Overpriced for what you got.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/26/2008Overpriced for what you got. The service was fine, but the food didn't live up to the cost or the reputation. Not worth it.
- We had had a fabulous dinnerAlmadensanDined on 5/26/2008We had had a fabulous dinner there on New Years Eve and decided to celebrate our anniversary with them as well. Another special evening!Special Features:
- Foodies would appreciate theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/24/2008Foodies would appreciate the specials though the menu items are only average.Special Features:
- the place was very beautiful.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2008the place was very beautiful. since it was my fist time dinning that the grill it blew me away. i liked it a lot.Special Features:
- This is an excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/15/2008This is an excellent restaurant for business lunches and dinners. I've had nothing but deal-making success when dining at The Grill on the Alley!Special Features:
- Excellent for a quiet dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/5/2008Excellent for a quiet dinner or a business meeting. We dined on a Sunday night and enjoyed the prime rib in addition to a wonderful seafood medley. Service was just right. We especially enjoyed the half price wine selection of the evening and were pleasantly surprised to find out favorite wine as one of the offerings. Williams-Salyem is very hard to find and shows this restaurant has a bold sense of style. Fantastic evening.Special Features:
- Sensational steaks and seafood,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2008Sensational steaks and seafood, and on Sunday nights, a half-price wine list that is incredible!Special Features:
- The one disappointment wasOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/1/2008The one disappointment was the significant under cooking of the steaks. But I suppose it is easier to put an undercooked steak back on the grill vs. overcooking one. Either way, the dinner was enjoyabl.eSpecial Features:
- I ordered peppered new yorkTomGDined on 4/29/2008I ordered peppered new york steak (46$ entree). There was no encrusted pepper and they had sprinkled bacon bits on top of the steak rather than adorn the steak with grilled bacon. I had asked for medium rare and got rare. The steak looked like it had been sitting around for a while (not newly cooked). I had to return. Their grilled meat has been very good in the past but they seem to lack sophistication when it comes to more complicated entree's which require sauces as the peppered steak does require. BTW, what they served had no brandy peppercorn cream sauce either. I make this at home when entertaining guests. . . . I think they should not offer something like this without being willing to put the time and effort into doing it right!Special Features:
- Although the hostess paidOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/28/2008Although the hostess paid attention to our on-line request, and seated us in a booth, we were right beside a large group of businessmen - and they were extremely loud. Not rude or nasty, but loud. Our servers were outstanding. Personable, professional and happily made recommendations based on her dining experience and our answers to a couple of questions. The food was very good, but it should be for their prices. We enjoyed our meal and our evening, but we probably won't return unless it's for drinks at the bar. We'll stick with Alexanders for "our" steak house. Thanks, Terry GladekSpecial Features:
- Execellant steak, great wineOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/25/2008Execellant steak, great wine list very high-class quiet intimate atmosphereSpecial Features:
- I was amazed at how many ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2008I was amazed at how many of the people working at The Grill knew my dining companion! They knew him by first and last name! He has been going to The Grill for 5 years now, so it's nice to know they remember him when he does go in! I'm very glad he suggested going to The Grill for lunch!Special Features:
- steak was great, top of myOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/19/2008steak was great, top of my list (compared to Alexanders - best, Ruth Chris, Spencers, Smith & Wollensky), haven't been to Mortons yet. the $50 bottle 2003 cab wine was surprising pretty good, service was quick though a bit rushed (our waiter had to leave early). the fairmont hotel wouldn't validate our valet...hmmm. weird.Special Features:
- The Grill is never disappointing.KirstenDined on 4/14/2008The Grill is never disappointing. My dad & I eat there every time he is in town.Special Features:
- Our server was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008Our server was outstanding! Justina Ip is her name. We really enjoyed our experience. Of the four of us, one of our friends had to send her meat back, but other than that, the food was perfect. We will definitely be back soon. One note - bring back the valet that used to be available for Grill guests!Special Features:
- Great cocktails, good butOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/4/2008Great cocktails, good but typical steaks, huge portions, and did I mention great cocktails.
- I have always loved The Grill.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/3/2008I have always loved The Grill. Food is consistently good and the bar scene is lively. But service has declined and prices have skyrocketed. And the noise level is now deafening. For a $45 steak (a la carte) I expect more service and more "atmosphere" -- which, at least for me, means better efforts to mitigate noise. I could barely hear myself. Bad. Sad. The downtown San Jose restaurant scene has greatly improved since The Grill opened and people now have choices of similar menu format and setting. The Grill is testing my loyalty if it can't manage improved service and ambiance. Price is not the isssue -- value for price paid IS.Special Features:
- We had an excellent time.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2008We had an excellent time. The wait staff was very attentive and accomodating. The food was delicious and well prepared. Thanks for a good evening.Special Features:
- Great restaurant - parkingVelcromomVIPDined on 4/2/2008Great restaurant - parking costs were mind-boggling and ver inconvenient at the end of the evening - this is San Jose, not San Francisco.Special Features:
- The Grill consistently deliversLindaSJDined on 4/1/2008The Grill consistently delivers great service and wonderful food. It's one of my favorite dining spots.Special Features:
- Great Menu. Extensive WineOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/30/2008Great Menu. Extensive Wine List. Great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- the service at this placeKarenVIPDined on 3/30/2008the service at this place is always bad the prices outrageous
- My husband and I have bothOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/26/2008My husband and I have both been to The Grill twice and, and both times had fantastic service and fantastic food. Thank you so much for the great exeprience. We will be back often.Special Features:
- Prices were high and the foodSashaVIPDined on 3/23/2008Prices were high and the food was disappointing. Would not return or recommend.Sea Bass was fishy, crab cakes and the lobster from the mixed seafood grill were inedible.Special Features:
- Very expensive. EspeciallyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/15/2008Very expensive. Especially the wine list. They double-team you with waitstaff which means two waiters plus waterfillers, etc. and several interruptions. The food was very good and excellent variety of items, including desserts. Expect to spend $100 per person.Special Features:
- Our waitress was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2008Our waitress was excellent. Our table was right at the entrance to the restrooms, everyone coming into and exiting the restaurant from the street had to find their way around our table. it was right in front of the wait station. Location of the table deterred from the whole experience. The food was great. Oysters some of the best ever, steaks Prime and cooked perfectly. Fantastic Cabernet!Special Features:
- This far from the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2008This far from the first time we have visited The Grill. We go there several times a year, usually on special occasions. It is probably our favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- The service and executionJon95125Dined on 3/15/2008The service and execution are absolutely top notch. There does seem to be a slight gap to a Morton's or Ruth's Chris steakhouse on the absolute quality of the meat. But, the ambience more than closes the gap.Special Features:
- Way over priced for the qualitybmo405Dined on 3/11/2008Way over priced for the quality of food. Great service and a relaxed atmosphere. Better off staying in the bar.
- Philippe Azoulay, the MaitreOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/8/2008Philippe Azoulay, the Maitre D and GM is spectacular. Well trained staff, and perfectly grilled steaks combined with an outstanding wine list make this my personal favorite for special occasions, and dinner once or twice a week. The best choice for dining in downtown San Jose.Special Features:
- The Grill is dependable, afiftyishfoodieDined on 12/24/2007The Grill is dependable, a place where you won't be disappointed spending $40 for an entree. The meats are top-notch and they know how to cook them. The sides are luscious. Waiters are knowledgeable, helpful, and as chatty or not as you want them to be. It is a great birthday, special occasion place, but I wouldn't call it romantic. I ordered a special martini, and it wasn't so good. Other than that, we will return, probably for my husband or son's birthday, or a Christmas Eve dinner.Special Features:
- This place is a lunch ANDVickyVickyDined on 12/14/2007This place is a lunch AND dinner favorite; they never miss a step! I've been a regular for ten years now, and have never had a bad experience, with the food, wine, service -- anything! My only concern is that they give you SO much food, their pricing strategy may be off and I'd hate to see them close!!!Special Features:
- Appetizers are always fabulous.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/8/2007Appetizers are always fabulous. Had lamb chops and they disappointed, too gamey and staff reaction was a turn-off. Have been there once, more recently and prime beef was terrific but not cheap. Before the lamb episode, this was a frequent haunt. Too expensive to take the risk.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. ServiceSteveVIPDined on 4/9/2006Food was excellent. Service was good. We have enjoyed this restaurant several times and we will repeat.Special Features: