Grille 66 & Bar
2301 SE 17 Street
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Grille 66 & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://grille66andbar.com/
- Phone: 954-728-3500
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Siegel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Valentine Day
A word from Grille 66 & Bar
Uniquely the finest dining experience in Fort Lauderdale, where you can expect excellence in every respect. Combining breathtaking waterway views with a warm, upscale and inviting ambiance, unobtrusive service, exquisitely prepared cuisine and superb presentation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Grille 66 & Bar - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Grille 66 & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)scenic view (66)great for outdoor dining (43)romantic (43)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (28)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- GreatJaysDined on 2/23/2014The atmosphere is romantic and the views are exceptional. I requested a window table for my anniversary and I guess the manager didn't communicate with the hostess and sat another party at my table. The food was ok. My wife's crab cakes was over cooked and the lobster was slightly chewy.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience.MikeVIPDined on 2/22/2014Excellent dining experience. It is one of our repeat restaurants that never let's us down.Special Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014This was a great addition to our vacation ,my wife and I ate how hear last year and had to come back again this year while we were here . Staff was friendly and food greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatdaveVIPDined on 2/18/2014filet was great, veal picatta excellent. Upscale food, ambiance and prices. the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't missDinesThereAlotDined on 2/17/2014Wait staff is efficient and friendly. The bar staff is on top of their game. The sommelier, Steve, knows his stuff and will always have a suggestion or two if you want to try something new. Trust him. Food is incredible. As a restaurant along a waterfront, I always expect the quality of the food to decline geometrically the closer you get arithmetically to the H2O. These guys are just the opposite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If You Like Loud OnlyEndiVIPDined on 2/15/2014Never go to this restaurant on a busy night in season if you mind loud, loud, loud!!! We all left with a terrible headache... Even the waiter could'nt be heard and g Had to explain the menu to each person in the ear at the table . We were 3 people so why only 2 rolls? We asked for more and they brought out another 2 We felt rushed and very un appreciated.... I guess so many 1 time only tourists out rule us locals. My husbands's Martinez had to be sent back! I left notes saying it was my birthday... This place does not care. The food was was good but I'm running back to the Capital Grill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentVigneronVIPDined on 2/14/2014This is our go-to restaurant for a mid-week dinner or the center of our celebrations..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT SO GOOD FOR A SPECIAL EVENINGcarefreevoyagerDined on 2/14/2014Booked one month ahead for Valentine's evening, and called the lunchtime to re-confirm. When we arrived (on time), the place was very crowded - more like a zoo than the restaurant we had known for years. The "hostesses" were dismissive and not the least bit engaged in making us welcome, and indeed told us we would have to wait 15 to 20 minutes in the crowded lobby area or bar for our table. I wonder what is the point of making a timed reservation when the management are incapable of fulfilling their side of the deal. When we finally got to our table, the service was fine and the food was as good as we had come to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View was badSpinkyDined on 2/14/2014We visited a few weeks ago;great time.We were there Valentines day.I asked for a nice table with a view.We were facing a SHED! Will not ReturnSpecial Features:
- Food was very good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2014Food was very good Service was fair a best. It was valentines day and they jamed as many tables in as possible and the waiter was inattentive at best. We had to ask that dirty plates be removed from the table twice.Special Features:
- Romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's Day. Very nice atmosphere, great service, great food. Seated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous. But not on Valentine's!ChantalDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I had been to the restaurant before and knew how beautiful and how fabtastic the food was. So we were very much looking forward to celebrating Valentine's night at Grill 66. How sad! I think the restaurant overbooked and therefore, we were rushed throughout the dinner! The servers were constantly looking to pick up our plates,our main server told us we were "behind" and we were not offered coffee with our dessert. We had less than one hour and a half for a cocktail, appetizer, main course and dessert. The bill arrived with dessert. Sad, I wonder if our disappointement is worth the number of guests they managed to add on that night by rushing us like that. No more recommendations for you, sorry! ChantalSpecial Features:
- DinnereatingoutDined on 2/13/2014I prefer outside dining at Grille 66- We were seated inside because of the weather, and it was rather noisy-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good butDavidVIPDined on 2/8/2014a regular place for us now ...but service was a little sharp....and the food ...we tried the crab cakes and salmon wasn't as good as the steak and sea bass which was excellent earlier in the week (I ate there three times last week!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencelaurenVIPDined on 2/6/2014We sat outside and enjoyed the view. The wait staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They guided us in ordering a fabulous wine and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific, as usualKAS1VIPDined on 2/1/2014Friendly hostesses that greet you, a manager who makes sure you are comfortable and the place is running smoothly and excellent food and service. Dominic waited on us tonight. We have had him many times and he provides first rate service. Salads, seafood and steaks were excellent as was the coffee and dessert. This place is outstanding and always worth a visit if looking for wonderful steak and seafood in a lovely water setting. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below StandardDaveVIPDined on 1/30/2014Although my wife's dinner was fine, my veal piccata was returned twice and eventually eliminated from the bill. Not up to standard'Special Features:
- Take me back 20 yearsClientdinnerDined on 1/29/2014I took some clients here on the recommendation of a friend. It was a pleasant evening so we decided to take a table outside. The views were great and provided for good conversation. Our server was great, as was the food. What threw me for a loop was when a gentleman lit up his cigarette at the table next to ours. With the wind blowing in our direction it was very annoying. I didn't think that was permitted in restaurants, and hasn't been for some time. So we ended up leaving on a sour note after a great dining experience. Considering the views from outside I consider this a competitive disadvantage for this restaurant and will not be going back.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsJerryDined on 1/28/2014I go to Grille 66 when I want a great meal with a great view and it never fails to deliver. It was a perfect night to sit by the water and enjoy the passing boats. The service is always attentive without being overbearing and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place to Eat Old SchoolBigBillVIPDined on 1/28/2014Food was very good, service very pretentious, wine steward, sommelier, whatever - was a detriment rather than a helpful person, made negative comment about the packaging of a wine I chose and have experience with (plus I have much more than average skill than the average "I know wine" person) was generally rude and inappropriate. Nice place to eat good foodSpecial Features:
- Rating less than givenSteveDined on 1/23/2014Attitude of Waiter very poor and complains he is too busy Dessert was not served fresh. Cheese cake was cut from an end sitting around for a while and no waiter to find to fix itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been here many timesKAS1VIPDined on 1/19/2014We have been here many times and this time we brought along two other couples who haven't been here in years. Food, as always, was terrific. Service very attentive. Hostess staff are friendly and go out of their way to make sure they accommodate your requests. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed dining here. We always do. Tremendous steak and fish dishes plus their salads and sides, not to mention their sweets, are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableTheoDined on 1/19/2014I took my significant other there to celebrate his birthday. I've dined at Grille 66 several times and as usual I leave a satisfied diner which is why I return. Anyway, our evening at Grille 66 was fabulous, the food was spectacular, great ambiance and the service was superb. My guy had never dined here before but he was certainly pleased and happy....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high dollar low pleasuregoodeatsDined on 1/18/2014After a 45 minute wait despite having a reservation, the food was lackluster. Service people were obviously not enjoying their evening either. Will never go back.Special Features:
- A GOOD EXPERIENCE WAS HAD BY ALL 6yummyinthetummyDined on 1/18/2014I think it is a classy restaurant and when we come with a special group nearly montly your staff always knows my husband drinks Crown Royal and asks him if he would like his drink right away. I like that familiarity. The food has always been outstanding. My husband cannot taste or smell well from a virus, he does not hear well and would not classify it as romantic as I would. Price wise we cannot come as often as I would like, but definitely bring visitors to you or special occasions such as last week---one birthday and and an anniversary. The chocolate cake is out of sight and the vanilla ice cream with the fudge sauce supreme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDCAROLVIPDined on 1/18/2014I WAS A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED IN THE SALMON. I HAVE DINED HERE MANY TIMES AND THE FOOD WAS NOT UP TO STANDARD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Intimate for Romantic DinnerJulioDined on 1/14/2014Restaurant is very loud. It is also very bright. The food was great and so was the server except he seemed to disappear for long periods. Also I noted when making the reservation it was our 25th wedding anniversary and no one acknowledged it. Some one dropped the ball. Other restaurants in this class have always congratulated us. This restaurant is only good for group gathering not for a couple that wants a romantic evening.Special Features:
- all was good. One note-withbeethovenDined on 1/8/2014all was good. One note-with 5 people that like a cocktail at the bar prior to dinning. Couldn't get near the bar because people were eating there. What's this all about ? It's a bar not a buffet ! I don't want to be sipping my martini at the bar next to a guy fixing his baked potato.Special Features:
- Exellence!PJManfrediDined on 1/8/2014The food is always consistently very good. The portions are large, and the menu, while it features steaks, is varied enough for anyone who would prefer something other than steak. The ambience is perfect whether it is a dinner for two or a large group. The service is excellent and the wine list is very nice. All in all, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE love this place alwaysPeteDined on 1/7/2014WE love this place always great food and great service...Food came out hot and delicious WE went for my husband's 60th birthday and they were so friendly and brought out a delicious piece of Triple Chocolate Layer Cake..OMG so good !Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationMookieDined on 1/6/2014The service was great, and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50/50DanDDined on 1/3/2014My steak was delicious but my wife's filet was cold when served as was the baked potato she ordered. The reheated food was not quite what she was expecting here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beat our expectations!KellykDined on 1/2/2014We were impressed by every facet of our evening. From the outdoor dining to delicious appetizer to fantastic salad to superb entree. Everything was fantastic. The sommelier chose a great bottle of wine too. Would definitely choose to eat at Grille 66 again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/25/2013always a beautiful experience dining at Grill 66 . The food is excellent, the staff is well educated at their craft, the wines are priced well , the ambiance is very chic . we always go here for special occasions & holiday because it is so nice. one of the top 5 in Ft LauderdaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalSpinkyDined on 12/25/2013I have been to over 10,000 restaurants This one is now in my Top 5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2013Food was outstanding, service was great as well. Had a bad experience last year but this year more than made up for it.Special Features:
- expectations metMikeDCDined on 12/24/2013Grille 66 always lives up to expectations. We really enjoy ourselves every time we go. Best food and service. When we want to spoil ourselves, Grille 66 usually pops into mind.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experience.k0816Dined on 12/23/2013Dinner for 6. So glad we decided to go there instead of the Capital Grill (which we always enjoy). Grille 66 was a little quiet - so it's not for someone looking for a lively scene, but the food, service and drinks were impeccable. They didn't miss a single step. The snapper special was absolutely perfect. As a last minute request, they accomodated us outside and we enjoyed watching the boats go by. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great. My steakRonboDined on 12/21/2013Service was great. My steak was tough. Not a good ccut, which ruined the experience. Nice scenic spot bit the steak spoiled the deal for me. Won't come back, sad to say.Special Features:
- AnniversaryRatzDined on 12/14/2013we recently went for our anniversary. Dressy restaurant, some people were in jackets I was in slacks and a nice shirts (we are in our 30's) and my wife wore a dress. Service was great and the staff was friendly. We sat by the water and the view was incredible. I got the 12oz filet, it was ok, I've had better at another steakouse, however alot of people ordered the Sea Bass and the couple next me his wife got he sea bass and it was huge and she said delicious, coming from where she just had it a few days before and it was 1/2 the size. If we go back I would get the Sea Bass as that seems like a popular dish. Great special occasion restaurant as its not noisy and its nice to go to a restaurant and be dressed up and not feel out of placeSpecial Features: