Grille 66 & Bar
2301 SE 17 Street
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Grille 66 & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://grille66andbar.com/
- Phone: 954-728-3500
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Siegel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Valentine Day
A word from Grille 66 & Bar
Uniquely the finest dining experience in Fort Lauderdale, where you can expect excellence in every respect. Combining breathtaking waterway views with a warm, upscale and inviting ambiance, unobtrusive service, exquisitely prepared cuisine and superb presentation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Grille 66 & Bar - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Grille 66 & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (55)special occasion (53)great for outdoor dining (33)romantic (31)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (23)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Delicious foodJustme13Dined on 4/26/2014The food was delicious. The portions were decent in size. The view was gorgeous. The service was spectacular. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful by the water !LovefinediningVIPDined on 4/20/2014We were so happy we chose this beautiful restaurant on the intercoastal water way. The tuna apply was the best we ever had. The salmon entree was delicious as was the macadamia crusted sea bass. I totally recommend this place. You will NOT be disappointed !!Special Features:
- GreatMygoodfridayDined on 4/18/2014The food was great fresh seafood accompanied bye a great view the service was phenomenal highly recommended for date night or a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/16/2014The food was delicious, the view impressive, but the wine list and the service set Grille 66 apart from every other restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBeitzimDined on 4/16/2014The food was good and the service excellent. We sat outside, by the water and had a reasonably priced very enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features:
- Good for a special occasionDebiDined on 4/14/2014The food was wonderful, the service, a little slow, It is very expensive but great for a special occasion, the setting is lovely, right on the intracoastal waterway.Special Features:
- Ron the bartender is awesomeJeannieDined on 4/13/2014sat and had a cocktail at the bar before going to our table overlooking the water. ron the baretender makes you feel right at home. noise level is great. just enough that everyone isnt listening to your conversation but you feel that you are at a hip spot. food was delicious. loved all my apps, too. table outside was great after our terrible winter up north.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSYumyumVIPDined on 4/12/2014Always the best !! Great food and great staff always makes you feel welcome. Everything on the menu is wonderful !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The 12 oz filet and steaknatekVIPDined on 4/11/2014The 12 oz filet and steak were ok. Our friends had the seafood pasta dish and a Gluten free vegan Veggie plate. They both loved their meals.Special Features:
- I continue to think this isKAS1VIPDined on 4/5/2014I continue to think this is the best combination of steak/seafood place in the Ft Lauderdale area. Always very friendly hostesses and manager, excellent food served by very attentive waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best in Fort LauderdaleJimSrmVIPDined on 4/4/2014Reliable and outstanding service and ambiance. Food is very good to excellent. Views along the intra-coastal are unmatched. Seafood generally fresh daily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favorite placechowdownDined on 3/22/2014Located right under the causeway bridge, grille 66 has an beautiful dining area plus outside seating. You can always see the mega yachts right outside. Steaks are as good as any specialty steakhouse, the Chilean sea bass is unbelievable. I highly recommend the calamari and shrimp appetizer. It has a sweet chili sauce and is always cooked perfect. I go about 6-8 times a year and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meat and great seafoodJeanneWDined on 3/19/2014Delicious meat and great seafood for the non-meat eaters. Service was excellent. All around, a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitingBusterVIPDined on 3/15/2014This is the second time I have had to wait ( approx 30-40 minutes) for the table I reserved. The restaurant is crowded and the steak I had was and has been average at best. The service was average at best. I think this is the last time Will take guests there, frankly I find it easy to get a reservation, now I realize why.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014We highly recommend this place! Wonderful view and dinner! There was a mix-up in the reservation, their fault, and they corrected it immediately upon our arrival. We will definitely keep this place at the top of our list during our visits to Ft Lauderdale!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possibly the best filetErics24kDined on 3/14/2014Great place. Great food. Great service. Possibly the best filet I've ever had. The best sautéed mushroom ice ever had. My only wish is there there are more vegetarian options besides requested pasta with garlic and oil for $22 dollars. I'm a meat eater. My wife is not. So it was a little less enjoyable to eat with her because of this. That is my only reason for 4 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ft lauderdale vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/12/2014Fantastic facility. Good energy. Impressive wine list. Steaks notable. Not super impressive but definitely tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining by the YachtsPhilSommelierVIPDined on 3/8/2014You will probably find something to satisfy both the seafood and carnivore loving diner here. For me the attraction is the 50+ page wine list, with detailed descrptions and ratings (although some of the wine ratings are for different vintages). If you are a wine nut like me be sure to review the list online so your dining companions don't roll their eyes as you dwell on the hugh list. Markups average double retail. Two pound stuffed lobster "market price" is about $69, steaks average around $45. There is nothing really creative on the menu but the food is fresh and straightforward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WATERFRONT DININGjmlsurferVIPDined on 3/5/2014GREAT AMBIANCE , SERVICE EXCELLENT , FOOD GOOD BUT NOTHING SPECTACULAR .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Formularhw500VIPDined on 3/1/2014I must compliment the Management of Grille 66. They have put together the winning formula for certainly one of the finest restaurants I have had the pleasure to dine in. Upscale service, great outdoor ambience ,outstanding quality and preparation of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class food and serviceBroncosfanVIPDined on 3/1/2014Four of us had a wonderful experience. We were all happy with our meals. The wine list was extensive and reasonable. And the service was first class. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingFoodieVIPDined on 2/28/2014Grill66 is always excellent. Portions are large and they are willing to split with no charge. The Tuna tare tare is a great starter and the house salad is outstanding. We love the macadamia nut crusted sea bass but tried the yellow fin tuna special which was also outstanding. The wine list is large and represents all price ranges well. Service is excellent and we have always had a great experience here. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Great TimemaggieDined on 2/26/2014Friends ordered a breaded veal cutlet dinner. Came out well over cooked! Three of us ordered the stuffed 2 lb. lobster. We were served 3 lobsters with one much smaller than the other two. The arrogant waiter saw no difference in the meals! Then someone else came over to see what was the "problem". How more uncomfortable could they make you feel!!!Special Features:
- GreatJaysDined on 2/23/2014The atmosphere is romantic and the views are exceptional. I requested a window table for my anniversary and I guess the manager didn't communicate with the hostess and sat another party at my table. The food was ok. My wife's crab cakes was over cooked and the lobster was slightly chewy.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience.MikeVIPDined on 2/22/2014Excellent dining experience. It is one of our repeat restaurants that never let's us down.Special Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014This was a great addition to our vacation ,my wife and I ate how hear last year and had to come back again this year while we were here . Staff was friendly and food greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatdaveVIPDined on 2/18/2014filet was great, veal picatta excellent. Upscale food, ambiance and prices. the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't missDinesThereAlotDined on 2/17/2014Wait staff is efficient and friendly. The bar staff is on top of their game. The sommelier, Steve, knows his stuff and will always have a suggestion or two if you want to try something new. Trust him. Food is incredible. As a restaurant along a waterfront, I always expect the quality of the food to decline geometrically the closer you get arithmetically to the H2O. These guys are just the opposite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If You Like Loud OnlyEndiVIPDined on 2/15/2014Never go to this restaurant on a busy night in season if you mind loud, loud, loud!!! We all left with a terrible headache... Even the waiter could'nt be heard and g Had to explain the menu to each person in the ear at the table . We were 3 people so why only 2 rolls? We asked for more and they brought out another 2 We felt rushed and very un appreciated.... I guess so many 1 time only tourists out rule us locals. My husbands's Martinez had to be sent back! I left notes saying it was my birthday... This place does not care. The food was was good but I'm running back to the Capital Grill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentVigneronVIPDined on 2/14/2014This is our go-to restaurant for a mid-week dinner or the center of our celebrations..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT SO GOOD FOR A SPECIAL EVENINGcarefreevoyagerDined on 2/14/2014Booked one month ahead for Valentine's evening, and called the lunchtime to re-confirm. When we arrived (on time), the place was very crowded - more like a zoo than the restaurant we had known for years. The "hostesses" were dismissive and not the least bit engaged in making us welcome, and indeed told us we would have to wait 15 to 20 minutes in the crowded lobby area or bar for our table. I wonder what is the point of making a timed reservation when the management are incapable of fulfilling their side of the deal. When we finally got to our table, the service was fine and the food was as good as we had come to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View was badSpinkyDined on 2/14/2014We visited a few weeks ago;great time.We were there Valentines day.I asked for a nice table with a view.We were facing a SHED! Will not ReturnSpecial Features:
- Food was very good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2014Food was very good Service was fair a best. It was valentines day and they jamed as many tables in as possible and the waiter was inattentive at best. We had to ask that dirty plates be removed from the table twice.Special Features:
- Romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's Day. Very nice atmosphere, great service, great food. Seated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous. But not on Valentine's!ChantalDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I had been to the restaurant before and knew how beautiful and how fabtastic the food was. So we were very much looking forward to celebrating Valentine's night at Grill 66. How sad! I think the restaurant overbooked and therefore, we were rushed throughout the dinner! The servers were constantly looking to pick up our plates,our main server told us we were "behind" and we were not offered coffee with our dessert. We had less than one hour and a half for a cocktail, appetizer, main course and dessert. The bill arrived with dessert. Sad, I wonder if our disappointement is worth the number of guests they managed to add on that night by rushing us like that. No more recommendations for you, sorry! ChantalSpecial Features:
- DinnereatingoutDined on 2/13/2014I prefer outside dining at Grille 66- We were seated inside because of the weather, and it was rather noisy-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good butDavidVIPDined on 2/8/2014a regular place for us now ...but service was a little sharp....and the food ...we tried the crab cakes and salmon wasn't as good as the steak and sea bass which was excellent earlier in the week (I ate there three times last week!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencelaurenVIPDined on 2/6/2014We sat outside and enjoyed the view. The wait staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They guided us in ordering a fabulous wine and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific, as usualKAS1VIPDined on 2/1/2014Friendly hostesses that greet you, a manager who makes sure you are comfortable and the place is running smoothly and excellent food and service. Dominic waited on us tonight. We have had him many times and he provides first rate service. Salads, seafood and steaks were excellent as was the coffee and dessert. This place is outstanding and always worth a visit if looking for wonderful steak and seafood in a lovely water setting. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below StandardDaveVIPDined on 1/30/2014Although my wife's dinner was fine, my veal piccata was returned twice and eventually eliminated from the bill. Not up to standard'Special Features: