The Park Bistro & Bar
3287 Mt. Diablo Blvd.
Lafayette, CA 94549Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Park Bistro & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://parkbistroandbar.com/
- Phone: 9252837108x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Sunday: 7:00am - 9:30am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Carpenter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Park Bistro & Bar
The Park Bistro & Bar showcases only the freshest, local and organically grown produce as well as naturally raised meats and line-caught fish. Executive Chef Adam Carpenter has created an approachable, yet inventive menu, presenting a French twist on American fare. With a wholesome and earthy quality, many dishes elevate “comfort” food. Natural light from the romantic inner fountain courtyard, intimate alcoves, a large communal table and versatile private dining spaces. Rustic stone floors, natural wood tables, leather seating and an original art program create a warm and inviting, yet grand and inspiring, space that will create the most memorable dining experience in Lafayette. The Park Bar overlooks the recently renovated covered patio with an adjacent outdoor terrace featuring two fire pits offering both dining and casual lounge seating year round. The Park Bar offers guests traditional bar fare, a selection of artisanal beers and wines by the glass, and classic cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Park Bistro & Bar - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
The Park Bistro & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (50)great for lunch (40)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (37)great for brunch (33)great for outdoor dining (27)romantic (25)vibrant bar scene (21)notable wine list (15)hot spot (5)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Noise LevelPAPILLONNOIRVIPDined on 2/4/2014Explanation on the noise level. The bar area is energetic and vibrant, but the dining room was quiet and better for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confusion re: menu2good2eatDined on 1/26/2014When I booked the reservation I looked at the menu. In addititon to the fixed price brunch there was a lunch menu. When I arrived i asked to see the lunch menu, and after discussion with the waiter and a manager ( I think that is who she was) we were told it was not available. They said the kitchen could not accommodate doing the lunch menu. The brunch was well done, just more food than I wanted, and was more than I had expected to pay for lunch. Service was spotty. Seems communication between the wait staff and back staff was poor. The waited did appoligize when informed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected!PdotVIPDined on 1/24/2014We dined here for the first time in years, because it was convenient and the menu looked interesting. After starting with salads that were good, but uninspired (the beets were undercooked, for example), we were wowed by our entrees. The lamb t-bone was delicious, perfectly prepared to order, and the green beans and potatoes dauphin were great as sides. My spouse had the salmon on the prix fixe menu and loved it, including the winter-appropriate beans and chard that came with. Try the butterscotch pot du creme for dessert. Service was attentive and easy-going and the wine list matched well with the menu. All-in-all, we would definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE WILL BE BACK!devinedine1VIPDined on 1/20/2014Wow..what a wonderful lunch we enjoyed at your delightful bistro! It was hard to decide what to order with so many delicious options to choose from! I entitle this "We will be back!:...your chef has made it too tempting not to!Special Features:
- SurprisedinfrequentflyerDined on 1/18/2014My husband and I took my father out for dinner. We anticipated a decent meal but were surpised how great the meals were. I started off with the soup, flavor amazing, but just a little cool. The delivery is nice but they might consider heating the bowls since they serve the soup at your table. I had the flank steak, my husband the braised short rib and my father the carbonara. The braised short rib won the prize for delivery and tenderness but all three were excellent. The butterscotch pudding was a stroll down memory lane, rich wonderful and gone quickly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014We enjoyed our experience immensely! We felt as though we were valued guests, not first time visitors. Everyone, from the greeters to the waitstaff, to the young men bussing the tables made it a lovely experience. My husband, at one time, was a Director of Engineering for the Four Seasons Hotel, so we know good service. This was good service And the food was delicious! Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceebakeDined on 1/18/2014Experience was excellent -- food and service were both great. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu items, and was very patient with us. It was our first time at this restaurant and there was absolutely no feeling like we were being rushed out. We tried a variety of items, including starters, soups, four entree's and two desserts and were pleased with everything we ate. Our reservation time was 5:00 pm and we were able to enjoy the experience at our leisure for over 3 hours. Dessert was ah-mazing, so don't miss out on the creme brûlée or the butterscotch pot de creme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodTMarieDined on 1/17/2014Love that the Restaurant menu has merged with the Bistro and the same delicious food is offered wherever you are seated. Love the remodeled restaurant, previously I was a confirm bar foodie and never bothered with the over-priced boring food in the restaurant section, Service from our waitress was wonderful, but several servers had to locate the hostess for me to be seated. Noise level was so bad that the waitress could not even hear to take our order. We were shouting at each other to be heard and even asked if the decorate drape panels on either side of our banquette could be drawn to reduce the noise. No such luck. It put a serious damper on an otherwise delightful lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the crab cake. Excellent!3timesthecharmDined on 1/17/2014Had the crab cake. Excellent! Also, we were celebrating a birthday and they offered a complementary dessert beautifully displayed.Special Features:
- Neighborhood AssetSeanCDined on 1/13/2014We had a large family dinner. The options were simple but very good. Service was excellent and the location was best as my out of town parents stayed upstairs. I noticed the bar scene was really active that will motivate me to come back for a drink after work.Special Features:
- Will returnTracyVIPDined on 1/11/2014Had the opportunity to go more than once during my short stay and the food was great. Planning to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerAndyDined on 1/11/2014The restaurant staff made our anniversary special from the moment we walked in the door. We loved the service food, ambience, everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro rebooteatitorbeatitDined on 1/10/2014Used to love eating lunch at the Bistro, but my recent dinner experience left me feeling a little let down. The prices are higher than expected, and the new decor (at least in the back room where we were seated) did not have an inviting feel. They seem to be going for a chic monochromatic French look, but really it just feels "blah". The wine menu was okay, but the food menu seemed limited, and again, the prices were just too high. I will say that the French Onion soup lived up to its reputation: delicious and authentic! :)
- Great place to DinecjlimaDined on 1/5/2014Food and wine list is excellent. Service is over the top!Special Features:
- Good hotel restaurantWeluvmeatDined on 1/4/2014We both had the short ribs, and they were excellent. The carrot purée read a little too much like baby food. The baby carrots were shaved into balls which included too much of the embedded stem at the top of a carrot, giving them more the taste of the stem--kinda yuck. The beet horseradish was a nice revelation. The decor is typical of any higher-end hotel restaurant and had a subtle bird theme -- a personal fav of mine. We felt a little on the young side of its clientele and we are in our late 40s. Seemed more like a $$$, not the $$ as advertised. We'll probably take the in-laws when they come to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to expectationsRestcriticVIPDined on 1/3/2014We had heard about the new Park Bistro from friends and wanted to give it a try. The ambience was soothing with light blue colors and ivory woodwork, reminiscent of an east coast country club feel. The food, however, was unexceptional. My burger was over cooked. Service was slow and our waitress smiled with a forced friendliness that didn't feel genuine. Hopefully, they will pull it together as it would be a great neighborhood spot in Lafayette.Special Features:
- Deep flavors in the sauces/soups.DianeVIPDined on 12/28/2013Deep flavors in the sauces/soups. The meats were cooked to just the right level of doneness. The top chef was in the house. The waiter was very helpful and knew exactly what was in the dishes. I had the flat iron chicken and my husband the short ribs and they were both very flavorful with rich sauces. I would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Received gift cardOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2013We received a gift card so we tried it out. What made this amazing was the company of friends. It was funny when they would come and check in with us, ask if we needed anymore coffee or water, which we did, but did not return until 30 mins later.
- Park Bistro & BarCrazee4DogzDined on 12/26/2013Formerly the Duck Club, this restaurrant continues to be a nice, romantic evening out. Went there recently for a romantic dinner & the ambience is perfect for tableside flirting. Food is good but not outstanding with a limited menu.Special Features:
- Food Great, Service Needs WorkHappyVisitorVIPDined on 12/25/2013This is a top-notch restaurant with below average to slightly above-average staff. On a recent visit we were told when we called ahead that a table was ready for us, but when we arrived we waited 10 minutes to be seated. Once seated we waited 5+ minutes for someone to ask if we wanted anything to drink. The waitress was unusually brusque and cold in asking us if we were ready to order. She rushed up and conveyed an air of "can't you see that I'm busy - what do you want?", with a remarkably imperious and officious attitude, that you rarely see in the service industry. We did not see her again until 75% through our meal when she asked if all was ok. That said, she was quite friendly in giving us our check which said to us, - bye-bye!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but a special treatMaureenDined on 12/21/2013We ordered mac'n'cheese appetizer, which had butternut squash, a fondue-like cheese and spinach mixed in with two pork belly strips on top. It was rich and so tasty. I ordered short ribs. Heaven. Flavorful, tender. Dining companion ordered seafood carbonara with smoked salmon. That was also great. For dessert, we had molten chocolate cake and vanilla bean ice cream with caramel sauce and also the butterscotch pots de creme. The butterscotch was the most intense thing I've ever tasted. It was rich and sweet and perfect. Good wine, good Scotch (Oban 14 y.o.). It was a world-class meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time!caprichDined on 12/20/2013Group of five of us selected the Park Bistro for a holiday lunch; nice place for groups (large or small).......festive hotel decorations for the holidays; easy parking (either valet or self-parking); convenient location - immediately off the freeway. We were seated ON TIME and were provided with prompt service throughout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 12.19.13DaveK288Dined on 12/19/2013Calamari: A Flatbread Pizza: A Crab Cakes: B French Dip Sandwich: A+ Choc Lava Cake w/ Vanilla Ice Cream: A Service: A Atmosphere: A-Special Features:
- Park BistroOrebeta66Dined on 12/18/2013Overall experience was very good. Reservation time honored, service was excellent, food was good and plentifulSpecial Features:
- Great Bar restauranrt36tennisDined on 12/15/2013Great for lunch or dinner....the onion soup is the best in the East Bay...the salmon dish was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner !JeanVIPDined on 12/14/2013This is a wonderful place to have dinner. The food, service, and ambience were absoluteky superb ! The steak frites and the seafood carbonara were fantastic as well as the salad and dessert ! Our server was so conscientious and made sure that everyone in our party was happy. We shall return !Special Features:
- Very nice hotel with picturesqueFightingwebfoot1Dined on 12/13/2013Very nice hotel with picturesque lobby. Restaurant was crowded but alcove tables ideal for conversations. Staff recognized our reunion with friends and were unobtrusive except as needed. Nice experience. SteveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great remodeleliza226Dined on 12/9/2013Went for lunch and the place was packed and festive. Service was great and the menu looked good as well. The food was good, not great but we only ordered one thing from the menu so hard to judge. Will definitely go back as the room is nicely redone and not nearly as stuffy as it was before. Bar looks fun as well.Special Features:
- Not as cozy as it used to be.....TheatreGoerDined on 12/8/2013A little too 'Industrial' now....loss of the club chairs, that cozy library feel. The salads at the prices are a joke. $10 for an Entree salad that is the size of a bread plate and consists of mostly lettuce....very so-soI would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good 'casual-plus' placeRogerDined on 12/7/2013Very good place for a fine, well served yet casual dinner. Nice setting, upscale table settings, and very nice ambience. The major down grade is the clientele not the restaurant. Accepting tee shirts and loud behavior disrespectful of other diners distracts from the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger cravings1967ogVIPDined on 12/6/2013Went from a friends recondition , I ordered the burger and it do not disappoint . Also had the soup of te day and Ahi tartar . All the food was great, service a little slow and the restaurant needs some updating. But good overallI would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Wait servicewalafDined on 12/6/2013Food was great. Wait service was mixed up serving both first and main course. Coffee was gxx awful not worthy of otherwise fine food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Bistro menunikmDined on 12/6/2013Several months ago the old Duck Club restaurant became the Park Bistro with a new menu and decor.I love the changes in both.I highly recommend this restaurant.We have been there several times since the change over and each meal has been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lamorinda GemElzieDined on 12/6/2013The Park Bistro has done a very nice redecorating job. They continue to do a delightful happy hour in the bar.The lunch menu is good with standards as well as hot entrees, salads and appetizers. The service was excellent even though they were very busy. The menu is now the same in the front bar area as well as the main dining area in the rear. They still have the private room available for small groups. The new long table for groups in the back is a very modern addition. Valet parking is available as well as garage self park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, good serviceRickBVIPDined on 12/5/2013Great ambience, good service and food. A little noisy but partly due to the size of the crowd. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Overall, a nice place. FeelsLocalgDined on 12/2/2013Overall, a nice place. Feels over priced for what you experience. Tab for two was over $200 because wine is marked up so high. Good was good, creative however not 'wow' to equate to our tab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointednonieVIPDined on 12/2/2013I was disappointed The Park Bistro didn't honor my request to sit in the fireplace room. The mushroom soup was bland and luke warm. The chicken was very flavorful.Special Features:
- Great place for business lunchLamorindanVIPDined on 11/25/2013If you want a vey nice, quiet place to talk, the Park Bistro is ideal. The waitstaff was very solicitous and also never rushed us.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchCricketDined on 11/21/2013Excellent server - Arlene. Food nicely presented and delicious. Attractively redecorated. Comfortable seating. A bit on the pricey side but we do plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time experience.HeadduckDined on 11/17/2013Although everthing was OK. The best service we received was the from Valet Parking. They were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.