Talisker on Main
515 Main Street
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Talisker on Main
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://taliskeronmain.com/
- Phone: 4356585479
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner- 7 days a week, opening at 5:30pm.
Closed Monday during the summer.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Murcko
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Availible through Talisker Club. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our Private Library and Wine Room with seating up to 20. Full restaurant with seating capacity of 55 is also an option.
- Private Party Contact: Haven Daly 4356020819
- Special Events: Please call for details
A word from Talisker on Main
The cornerstone of the Talisker Restaurant Collection, this culinary standout was named the “Best Restaurant in Park City” for the third consecutive year by Salt Lake Magazine’s 2013 Dining Awards. This restaurant focuses on sampling many distinctive regional flavors with a constantly evolving menu inspired by the fresh produce available during the changing seasons. Located on historic Main Street, with two indoor dining rooms and an outdoor patio, Talisker on Main also offers one of the best wine selections in Park City. Executive Chef Briar Handly oversees the ever-changing, locally-inspired menu at this Zagat-rated restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Talisker on Main - Best Restaurants in Park City ›
Talisker on Main reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (23)special occasion (20)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (15)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (6)scenic view (3)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- 5 STARS!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013Talisker on Main is my favorite restaurant in Park City. The service, drinks/wine list, and cuisine is exceptional. The décor is very conducive to a romantic evening or celebration. My husband and I enjoyed a delicious dinner that was creative & light yet full of flavor. Their menu offers delicious options for vegetarians (like me) to meat lovers (my husband). I am from New Orleans and used to very fine cuisine and highly recommend dining at Talisker on Main.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for A Special OccationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2013For my husbands 40th Birthday I booked a table for five. It was an early Tuesday night (6:30) so there were options. We chose to sit outside. There was a lovely fountain in the center of the patio and a fire at one end with lounge seating. Our table was near enough to the fire that we were kept warm and cozy (not too hot or cold). The setting was perfect for our small group. The food was delightful. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flat out amazingMadmaxDined on 8/31/2013Dining at the Talisker was the highlight of our trip. Ask to sit in the back room. It is absolutely stunning. The service was impeccable and the food was nothing short of outstanding. I absolutely would dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I had been there earlierPCHoundDined on 8/30/2013Food was impeccable and unique. Basics like cheesecake and fried chicken were taken to new heights with creative accompaniments. The service was perfect! Amazing wine list as well Talisker, thank you for the attention to every detail. Can't wait to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park City Must!Jano48VIPDined on 8/29/2013Just before Labor Day weekend, we were easily able to get a beautiful table with banquette for 4. Tiffany was responsible for describing all of the foods and wines. Too bad they can't clone her! The only slight negative was a 30 minute wait to receive the first round of descriptions and our drinks. With only 4 tables occupied that night, our wait was minor but could have set a bad tone if all else wasn't so amazing! Delicious mushroom salad! Entrees, the pork chop, lamb dish, trout, risotto were all amazing. Great flavors and perfectly described in the menu and by Tiffany. The goats milk cheese cake with figs is a must try! Cannot wait to get back to Utah with a stop at Taliskers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2013I eat at a lot of fine restaurants around the country. This restaurant is always hiped to be a great one in Park City. I have a vacation home here and finally decided to venture from my favorites (Riverhorse, Grappa, 360 Main) to try this one. I had the braised short rib which was extremely dry but did at least have good flavor. Unfortunately, it was too dry to eat more than a bite or two. The rest of the food was quite good, but not fantastic. I have had so many fantastic meals, that choosing to only have good was disappointing. For the price and the ambiance, I would rather go to one of my favorites which are consistantly great, than to have only very good.
- Always a FavoriteMrsKShellVIPDined on 8/23/2013We had a party of 8 for my husbands birthday. The menu was interesting, as usual, and never disappointing. Try the lamb duo and the biscuits! Our service was prompt for a larger party. We always rely on Talisker on Main when we are in town and have guests to impress. We forgot the birthday dessert but will ask next time!Special Features:
- Park City GemFoodMomentDined on 8/23/2013What a great experience. We had tried several times to get a reservation at Talisker on Main, but the restaurant had been booked. It was worth the wait! The food was fabulous and I don't say that lightly. The servers were attentive. Each course was a revelation. The summer menu items were light and flavorful, the pairings were creative and satisfying. If you have the chance, don't miss Talisker's on Main.Special Features:
- Talisker on MainEricDined on 8/21/2013Everything was perfect. It made for a great 10 year anniversary.Special Features:
- Excellent meal & service.KCdinerVIPDined on 8/21/2013Excellent meal & service. Lobster beignets were a fun, delicious appetizer. The pork rib chop was good, not great. The Utah trout was very nice, but the spices in the broth nearly overpowered the trout. The wines seem to be very competitively priced. Nevertheless, we enjoyed this dining experience, most likely due to the superb service provided by Tiffany!Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2013We had an exceptional experience. While the lobster beignets were not all that I hoped the fried chicken and shirt rib were superb. The staff are incredibly knowledgable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing! Service, not.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2013Fantastic food. Server forgot one dish. Disappeared after serving what she remembered. Sat with empty plates on table for 20 mins. Had to ask someone else to get out check for us. Finally, when waitress returned, she gave us attitude when we pointer out that the service was bad and she had forgotten one dish we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!Dinner4TwoDined on 8/17/2013This restaurant has the feel of dining in New Orleans, in the French Quarter. The atmosphere was great and it had a good vibe. The service was great from the host to our server. They have a great wine list. The chefs ability to merge different flavors was pretty amazing. The food was spectacular. Desert was the low point for me, not that there weren't some great sounding deserts, they just didn't have what I was looking for. The cost of dinner is pretty standard for Park City. Is it worth it? I would say YES if you enjoy great food, prepared by great chefs. Overall experience I would give it and "A". I will go there again and again. I will bring more guests with me next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant tried to hardLindsayDined on 8/16/2013We had the lamb and short rib. My husband would have been happier with 2 nicely prepared chops that the chop and lamb meat loaf- the loaf was dry and over seasoned. My short ribs were a bit tough- when I order them I expect them to melt in my mouth.Special Features:
- Delicious diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/13/2013We were a party of 8 and say in the wine booth in the back half of the restaurant. It was a wonderful experience for all! Everyone loved their dishes. Unique combinations of flavors. Only dissapointment was that there were only two pieces of chicken served on the chicken dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talisker on Main -- Stay AwarNoVaFoodieVIPDined on 8/10/2013We just spent a wonderful foodie week in Park City. Talisker on Main was clearly not in the same league as any of the other restaurants we enjoyed. I ordered the short ribs, that were cooked to a crisp, were dry and rock solid. My husband order the menu speciality, the fried chicken, and said it was mediocre. Our service was awful, with the every disappearing waitress
- Fantastic Anniversary DinnerSLCdinerDined on 8/2/2013Talisker was perfect for a special occasion dinner for two. We had a great table looking out on to Main St. The service and food were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerGCharikerDined on 7/23/2013Service was great! Food was interesting and very good. Wine list was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013My husband and I dined at Talisker on Main last year for a combined birthday/anniversary dinner. We loved everything about it. The food portions were small but amazingly flavorful. The service was impeccable and we loved watching the chefs prepare our meals. Although my husband joked that he left hungry, when it came time for our celebration this year Talisker was his immediate choice. We were greeted by no one. Eventually a waiter came over and seated us. We had a drink and ordered wine with dinner but had to remind them 3 times before we got our wine. The Lobster Beignets appetizer was very good and my husband's pea soup was good. My short rib was dry and flavorless. My husband said the fried chicken at "The Market" was better.
- Best place in Park CityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2013Hands down the best food in Park City. A little pricey, but worth every penny. The Lobster Beignets were delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the food was great,RSRSDined on 7/10/2013Although the food was great, the first bottle of wine we selected was not available and neither was the second choice. In addition, the side dishes were delivered to the table after we were finished eating our entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better our first timeJenPCSBDined on 7/10/2013Not sure if the staff and chef are different in the Winter - but our Summer dinner there was just ok compared to our amazing dinner there in Winter. The ambiance is my favorite - can't beat it! Our wait staff was just ok - a little spacey and not as attentive as usual. Maybe just an off night for Talisker.Special Features:
- Beyond fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2013Every dish from the amuse bouche to the biscuits with honey were absolutely delicious! The service was impeccable! It is the best dining in Park City! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talisker is TOPSjlm10VIPDined on 7/6/2013The Talisker on Main is awesome. Well worth the effort of making a reservation - even if you need to do it several weeks out. The food is spectacular - very local and the usual with the unusual.Special Features:
- It was just okay.BradDined on 6/29/2013I wish I could be more raving, but it was just middle of the road. Maybe eating out 75% of all my meals has created a higher expectation, but for a place that claims to have won best restaurant 3 years in a row, it was just middle of the road. The table next to us had the same comments. Seating was fabulous. Big comfy chairs.Special Features:
- EPIC!clarkymarkyVIPDined on 6/14/2013Talisker would have to rate as our top dining experience in Park City and quite possibly one of the top 10 picks! We would highly suggest you make plans to enjoy this fantastic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very creative menu. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/6/2013Very creative menu. Excellent flavors and presentation. Enjoyed watching kitchen prepare dishes in near silence. Great service and wine recommendations. Best meal in Park City for both style and substance ( although sandwiches at Back Door Deli were awesome). Dining room a little cramped but it did not adversely affect the experience. Tried pork belly, risotto, soup, veal, lamb and all three desserts. All excellent. Similar price points to Mariposa and the Farm, but enjoyed it a little more.Special Features:
- GO!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/5/2013By far our best dining experience in Park City during our week long vacation there. The Food, The Flavors, The Service – all top notch. This is a must do!Special Features:
- The food was fabulous! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013The food was fabulous! We had outstanding service and we would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Seating in the main diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2013Seating in the main dining room is cramped and the noise level high, so if you are looking for a special occasion/romantic dinner where you are not sharing conversations with your neighbor you should certainly specify. Menu is creative, service attentive but bordering on slow. When my steak came out well done instead of medium rare (as I order and the chef recommends), I sent it back and ended up watching everyone else eat for a good 5-10 minutes while another was grilled and plated. There is no way they did not know that meat was well done when it was coming out of the kitchen, but I guess that is on the diner to make sure orders are met. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Certainly a "must try", not necessarily a "must repeat".Special Features:
- Best meal we have had in years,LoveagoodsteakVIPDined on 3/15/2013Best meal we have had in years, will make it a regular anytime we are in Park CitySpecial Features:
- Dinner was wonderful and aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2013Dinner was wonderful and a great experience. Veal and lamb dishes were great and the pistachio pudding was amazing. Awesome that you can bring your own wine. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Great food, wonderfuol presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013Great food, wonderfuol presentation and Will, our waiter Will was a treat.Special Features:
- We absolutely loved this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2013We absolutely loved this restaurant! We have eaten at many five star restaurants and place this among the best. We highly recommend the dinner tasting menu. It starts off slow and has a great finish. The wine was high quality The service was excellent. The place is small and quaint. You are close to your fellow diners but somehow it didn't bother us. Overall my husband and and I really enjoyed the atmosphere, food and service. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- We have previously enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/11/2013We have previously enjoyed dining at Talisker. However, this time, we were seated in the main dining room, which was very noisy. The service was pretentious but not particularly knowledgeable. The menu is complex, but not in a way that comes together in an impressive final product. Perhaps they are having some growing pains but we will give it a pass for a year or two at least.
- receptionist seemed to drawOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/11/2013receptionist seemed to draw a bank when I mentioned Open Table. Seating was a little tight but not objectionable. Chairs were very comfortable.Special Features:
- Weird food and tiny portionsKageyVIPDined on 3/9/2013Weird menu, salad was very very small, the dessert menu was weird and we did not order dessert. This is up last time going here fr dinner, there are many much better and lower priced places in town.
- Unassuming consumingCha01VIPDined on 3/9/2013This restaurant earns its high marks. The atmosphere is congenial and the menu inventive without being weird.Special Features:
- Our meal at Talisker was fantastic.KOKelleyDined on 3/8/2013Our meal at Talisker was fantastic. The two of us were seated in comfortable arm chairs in the wine room. Our server was excellent - pleasant, knowledgable and attentive. We both had the chef's tasting menu with wine pairings. Each course was, delicious, interesting and perfectly paired with the chosen wine. Highly recommended - we will return the next time we are in Park City.Special Features:
- LacklusterOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/7/2013The food lacks flavor. Portions are too small and trying too hard to be organic.