Talisker on Main
515 Main Street
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Talisker on Main
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://taliskeronmain.com/
- Phone: 4356585479
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner- 7 days a week, opening at 5:30pm.
Closed Monday during the summer.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Murcko
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Availible through Talisker Club. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our Private Library and Wine Room with seating up to 20. Full restaurant with seating capacity of 55 is also an option.
- Private Party Contact: Haven Daly 4356020819
- Special Events: Please call for details
A word from Talisker on Main
The cornerstone of the Talisker Restaurant Collection, this culinary standout was named the “Best Restaurant in Park City” for the third consecutive year by Salt Lake Magazine’s 2013 Dining Awards. This restaurant focuses on sampling many distinctive regional flavors with a constantly evolving menu inspired by the fresh produce available during the changing seasons. Located on historic Main Street, with two indoor dining rooms and an outdoor patio, Talisker on Main also offers one of the best wine selections in Park City. Executive Chef Briar Handly oversees the ever-changing, locally-inspired menu at this Zagat-rated restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Talisker on Main - Best Restaurants in Park City ›
Talisker on Main reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (21)special occasion (20)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (7)scenic view (3)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great evening and food with friends00hogDined on 2/27/2014Food is consistently good. Order a biscuit as soon as you arrive as they sell out. Love the blood orange cocktail. Lobster crab beignets to die for. All seafood very little batter. Fried chicken never disappoints.Special Features:
- Ski group foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014We had the good fortune of being seated in the "wine room". It was a great experience , with outstanding service, food & ambiance!! We wi definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be late!goodfood4everDined on 2/25/2014We had parking issues and were 14 mins late - the hostess called our cell to ask if we were still coming! Appetizers of arugula salad and lobster beignets were very good. Main course lamb loin was delicious, lean and tender. Pork rib chop was juicy and very tasty. Vegetables were perfect. Wine was OK - usual Park City prices. Service was attentive but unobtrusive.Special Features:
- Great sceneSchmidtyNYCDined on 2/19/2014Very good for big groups - family and friends. That's older family though. Great service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Park CIty restaurant!DebraDined on 2/18/2014I have been in the culinary industry for 30 years and can say that the consistently high-quality food and service are on level with some of my favorite restaurants in Del Mar, NYC, FLorence and Paris… but the service is friendlier! The fact that they even accommodate today's population of sensitive eaters (which I swore I'd never be!) with uncompromised dishes makes it even more impressive and welcoming. We will come back every year! Thank you for sharing your considerable collective talents with the rest of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to place in Park CityOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/17/2014We come here every time we visit. Every meal we have had here has not just been good, but amazing. The kind of amazing where everybody insists that you try each others' dishes. The menu varies all the time and it is always so imaginative. We always ask how they could think of combining this and that, but it always works amazingly. It's also more moderately priced than the Bill White restaurants on Main Street. My only mild gripe is that their red wine list is priced at 3x liquor store pricing, which I consider a little excessive..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceRobertVIPDined on 2/17/2014Fantastic in every aspect. Food and service were excellent. Best meal in Park City!!!!Special Features:
- Best dining experience on main stmaywa5656Dined on 2/16/2014It was the most pleasant and enjoyable dining experience I have ever had on park city main street. The staff was very friendly and engaging, yet professional. The food wad excuted so well that I couldn't help but to finish everything on plate. The whiskey caramel pudding was soooo good, my girlfriend ordered another dessert after finishing the first one. Open kitchen is cool too. Chefs get busy but its fun watching them zone-in and do their thing. My favorite restaurant on main street, hands down!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The quality of the food andDinerNumber6VIPDined on 2/16/2014The quality of the food and the ambiance are great, and this is one of my favorite places to go in Park City. However, on our last visit, they got really cheap with their portion sizes. I would guess the NY strip steak was about 3 oz (it definitely looked half the size of most other high end restaurants), and the lamb was similar. When you pay almost $50/entree, you expect a full sized portion. We all left hungry, and the men all raided the fridge when we got home.Special Features:
- Top of their gamephillypamVIPDined on 2/15/2014Food and service were excellent--our waiter made some superb suggestions.Special Features:
- just fantasticBillVIPDined on 2/15/2014best table in the house is the wine library table. awesome experience. leon is the best waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2014An excellent restaurant. Be advised that there are three separate rooms which all have a different vibe. The library upstairs is more intimate, the wine cellar area is private and romantic, and the main dining room is darker and noisier with much more activity. I recommend that you choose your venue accordingly. The cocktails are excellent, and the wine list is second only to Glitretind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early may be bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/11/2014Small and comfy. I like seeing the chefs working but may get too distracting when there's a full house. Great food and service. Definitely give it a try and we will go back next visitSpecial Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/10/2014We are regular diner at the Talisker, my last two visits I have been disappointed. Service and ambiance is wonderful. Food has been a little disappointed each time. the quality and taste just is not has it has been in the past. Prices are high so we expect wonderful food. Disappointed not returning this year. May try it next year again
- Great Meal!GEBPCVIPDined on 2/5/2014I brought clients for dinner and we sat close to the open kitchen, which we all enjoyed. Great choices for wine and each of our meals were excellent. We also had a great server who knew the menu well and was very attentive. Also, the decor was nicely done. A very good experience overall.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2014The only objection is the tables that face the kitchen. Can be noisy listening to the chefs and prefer a different view. We switched tables and everything was wonderful. Extremely good server! Was also nice that other servers stopped by to see if we needed anything.Special Features:
- Great food with a side of attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2014Let me start by saying that my husband and I are both foodies and the food was amazing. It's too bad that our experience was ruined by the customer service. We waited 15 minutes just for water and then another 15 minutes for someone to take our drink order (we were seated for 35 minutes before getting a drink! come on!). I wasn't that hungry and was just going to order an entree. The waiter was so pushy saying that I really should get a salad and a side of tater tots with the entree that it made me feel uncomfortable. My husband ordered soup as a starter, but that never came.Special Features:
- Service was amaturishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014They seemed to have all kinds of problems and excuses for the poor service. First it took them a half hour to get us drinks, when they finally arrived they told us they where having problems with there ordering computer. Next the brought out our entries, they looked great, only problem was that we had ordered appetizers that never made it to our table. They explained that our appetizers were sent to the wrong table. They quickly brought us what we had ordered but then we ate the appetizers with our main course. I feel that for the prices they are charging they should be getting it right. I think they are trying to be one of the top restaurants in Park City and if that is what they want to be they should be able to deliver.
- do not miss this gemwilltraveltoeatgoodDined on 2/1/2014Talisker is by far our favorite dining spot in Utah. Consistent dining perfection is due to the same chef and staff that serve you some inventive and fresh culinary wins year after year. Do not over look the fried chicken and biscuits, perhaps the best fried chicken you will ever have! That said, you could dine alone on appetizers and be more then satisfied and impressed. Save room for dessert, the cramel ehiskey pudding was a not to miss end to a fantastic meal, once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our 32nd anniversary.DDonDined on 1/31/2014It was our 32nd anniversary. Our table was very cosy, comfortable, for us and our 23 yr. old twins. The decor and the staff attentiveness was welcoming. The food was delicious and the courses nicely delivered - not rushed but not neglected. A great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!FoddieluverDined on 1/28/2014We lo de this place! Wine list amazing! Short menu meant they excelled in those dishes! Couldn't see decide what to order! Bistro euro like! Open kitchen and our waiter and service was amazing!!!!!!!! We also ate across the street at the sister res called Silver, it was also amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Park City gemCarolVIPDined on 1/27/2014This was my second time to Talisker on Main. I had requested a table away from the front door and we were tucked away in a small room towards the back with overstuffed chairs and small tables among the wine cellars. It was lovely! The service was outstanding and our meals were very flavorful, served hot, and the presentation was beautiful. The butternut squash soup, which was a special that night, was so full of many flavors…it was a real treat. Next trip to Park City will find us once again at Talisker on Main!Special Features:
- home of the $8 biscuitTiiaVIPDined on 1/27/2014I have dined at this restaurant for the last 4 years every time I come to Park City. I always looked forward to the great food, quaint atmosphere and great service. it is a bit of a splurge but, this last time I was quite dissapointed. The service was professional but unfriendly, especially when I thought my entre was a bit under cooked and requested to have that corrected or remade. I actually could see the server talking in the kitchen area with my returned dish and she certainly did not seem happy about it (or me?). Food was good but not as spectacular as in the past. Manager (I think) did not even acknowledge us as we departed, passing right in front of him at the front desk in the rather small restaurant. Sadly, I doubt I will return.
- Great return visitNewportskiDined on 1/15/2014We have dined with Talisker in January several times, also in May of 2013, and went again on the 15th. The place never disappoints. we were warmly greeted, seated at once [had a reservation] and the food and service were excellent. when you consider that the Sundance film festival was starting and the town is crowded, this was especailly notable. We will definitely keep them on our list for every time we are in the Park City area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happyWonderfulDined on 1/12/2014Our dinner was delicious and the staff was so helpful and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks to 2 long time chiefsRay007Dined on 1/10/2014Thanks to 2 long time chiefs the food was excellent from start to finish. Great service alsoSpecial Features:
- StellarOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/10/2014Finally made it to Talisker and was very impressed. Food was outstanding, service may have been the best I've seen in ut, and even got to chat with chef for a few minutes. My highest compliments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The services was great andmmm4VIPDined on 1/8/2014The services was great and very friendly. The food was really nicely prepared - I ordered a nice, crisp arugula salad followed by the barley and pumpkin vegetarian option. While the main dish had an uneven temperature and was served in a bowl that was a bit too small / difficult to eat out of, the flavor profile was amazing!! Loved it. Ordered a glass of prosecco to start and it was very flat - they replaced it with a glass from a fresh bottle. I will certainly go back. Loved the restaurant atmosphere and open kitchen (without the open kitchen smell).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always worth a visitBWDoverDined on 1/5/2014Excellent food on Main Street in Park City. Expect Resort prices but with food of this caliber it seems almost worth it. Some in our party felt the menu choices were limited. All were able to find something they wanted but if they were to go back soon would not have had a second choice. Do not miss the desserts.Special Features:
- Perfect to start the New Year rightLGregglesVIPDined on 1/4/2014This was my second instance eating at Talisker on Main while visiting Park City and it was just as perfect as the first. We were seating in the back dining room which I hadn't even realized existed during my first visit and was a nice change of scenery. All staff, especially our waitress, were extremely welcoming and helpful. I had the lamb loin as my entree and it was cooked to perfection. For dessert we had the whiskey caramel pudding with sea salt and bacon shortbread; my new favorite dessert. I can't wait to go back to Park City and celebrate another special occasion at Talisker on Main.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner the otherPoppyDined on 1/2/2014Excellent dinner the other night. Exceptional! Best meal I had in Park City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time at the Talisker!Heliana2014Dined on 12/26/2013This lovely restaurant at Park City's historic Main Street is probably one of the best in town.The food is carefully done and the menu is small but precise.Wine list is extensive. Service is very attentive,a special remark to Tiffany.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodClarkDined on 12/24/2013Food and service was exceptional; one we will remember for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be carefulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2013I made reservations ahead for two to celebrate the start of the holiday season. Having researched restaurants I thought this would be the best in Park City. We arrived early with what appeared to be plenty of tables but were placed at the front of the restaurant. We had the most undesirable experience. Every time the door opened to both expected guests and those trying to get a last minute seat, we were blasted with cold air. We asked to be moved but were told no seats were available which was not the case as the evening progressed. What was to be a wonderful start to a vacation was a disaster Very expensive dinner for good food but not the level expected for the price. Dont go unless guaranteed seating in the back of this placeSpecial Features:
- great nightChiefDined on 12/21/2013Despite the Holiday Season a great meal with server who made it seem like he wasn't rushed. Excellent food and a reasonable wine list price wise.Special Features:
- #1 Restaurant in TownJaimeVIPDined on 12/20/2013Some of the on-mountain restaurants might be better, but look no further than talisker for fine dining in Park City. 6-8 menus per season keep it interesting, but they leave a couple favorites on the menu the whole season (brussel sprout and beignet appetizers are a must). Much better setting than most of the hotel restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceanniebillDined on 12/14/2013This was our first visit to Talisker for a special occasion. The food was wonderful, definitely a place for foodies. It became an incredible dining experience because of our server, Leon. Leon is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2013We started with the salad and duck confit, which was amazing. Then I had the fried chicken for dinner, with a side order of truffle tatter tots. Both were outstanding. To top it off, Leon our service was like having your own private dinner party at your home. He was on top of it, but treated you like you were sitting at his home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 STARS!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013Talisker on Main is my favorite restaurant in Park City. The service, drinks/wine list, and cuisine is exceptional. The décor is very conducive to a romantic evening or celebration. My husband and I enjoyed a delicious dinner that was creative & light yet full of flavor. Their menu offers delicious options for vegetarians (like me) to meat lovers (my husband). I am from New Orleans and used to very fine cuisine and highly recommend dining at Talisker on Main.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for A Special OccationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2013For my husbands 40th Birthday I booked a table for five. It was an early Tuesday night (6:30) so there were options. We chose to sit outside. There was a lovely fountain in the center of the patio and a fire at one end with lounge seating. Our table was near enough to the fire that we were kept warm and cozy (not too hot or cold). The setting was perfect for our small group. The food was delightful. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.