The Artisan at Stonebridge Inn
300 Carriage Way
Snowmass Village, CO 81615Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Artisan at Stonebridge Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonebridgeinn.com/snowmass-colorado-restaurants.php
- Phone: 9709232427
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Randall Baldwin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available
- Entertainment: Thursday Nights are Magic Nights!!! Magician Doc Eason 6:00-10:00pm in The Artisan Bar
- Special Events: Please book your special Event with us
A word from The Artisan at Stonebridge Inn
A short walk from Snowmass Village Mall, The Artisan Restaurant at The Stonebridge Inn offers the perfect space for a cozy culinary experience, a casual spot for cocktails and appetizers or a meeting place for post-dinner drinks. After an extensive interior renovation, the dining room and adjoining lounge and patio provide a sophisticated backdrop for Executive Randall Baldwin's handcrafted, locally sourced cuisine. Chef Baldwin's handcrafted dishes incorporate fresh, seasonal ingredients and local specialties. Considered one of the best deals in Snowmass, the always-tempting bar menu offers items between $9 and $13 per dish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Artisan at Stonebridge Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (4)romantic (2)good for groups (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent and affordable wineOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/21/2011Excellent and affordable wine list. Had the pate and duck...outstanding!
- Great venue for a resort hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2011Great venue for a resort hotel restaurant. Probably the best restaurant in Snowmass Village proper. We will return.Special Features:
- One of the few reliable placesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/13/2011One of the few reliable places to get a tasty meal in Snowmass Village--menu doesn't seem to change too much; some dishes are more reliable (duck) than others (elk). Were out of anchovies but didn't inform us until we asked about the missing anchovies on our Caesar salads. Otherwise attentive service, but not overly so. Great selection on their kids' menu, with real meals (grilled fish or chicken with broccoli and mashed potatoes) rather than just standard kid fare like pizza and chicken fingers.Special Features:
- enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/4/2011Enjoyable and tasty. I have seen reviews about poor front of house and wait-staff and noisy environment but at least when we were there (with a booking, obviously) service was prompt, courteous and friendly. Restaurant was noisy, but not excessive. A good option. Not particularly cheap, but certainly not excessive.Special Features:
- This is a great alternativeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2011This is a great alternative for guests in Snowmass looking to avoid the commute into Aspen for dinner. Service was very professional, and the menu creative enough to keep food snobs happy.Special Features:
- Nice presentations, escargot3stoogessVIPDined on 2/23/2011Nice presentations, escargot appetizer was a hit, sans shell, served on butter drenched bread with sprinkled goat? cheese. At our group, one ordered chicken (very good); another ahi salad (very good); children split fish (good portion very good); other had fish (very good); These were comments made by individuals ordering dishes. Only weak review was my own. I ordered the duck (which I regarded as fair, crispy fried leg and thigh hindquarter. Though generous portions, ended up tasting dry, and the smothering of heavy sweet-ish sauce did not help to disguise poorly conceived dish. Disclaimer: I love duck and often order it if it is on menu at fine resaurants. Very popular restaurant in Snowmass, service was attentive.Special Features:
- Took my two boys, ages 15SSSRDined on 2/21/2011Took my two boys, ages 15 and 17 - so three appetizers and three main courses. Six for six were delicious! Highly recommend. Beautful room, very cozy.Special Features:
- This restaurant was recommendedatlantamagnoliaVIPDined on 2/18/2011This restaurant was recommended to us, and we dined here the first night in Snowmass. The service and atmosphere were great, but the food was horrible! We are now on our last day in Aspen, and are disappointed that we wasted a dinner here, as we've enjoyed so many other great meals in our week in Aspen/Snowmass.
- SeanSummerVIPDined on 2/18/2011Our favorite place in Snowmass, food was exellent!!! Family friendly relaxed ski atmosphere with spectacular food.......Special Features:
- THe duck was greatly overcookedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011THe duck was greatly overcooked on top of blue cheese mashed potatoes. The blue cheese was very overpowering to where I couldn't eat any of the mashed potatoes. Others in our party had trout which they liked. THe asparagus soup was bland. Just an average restaurant at best.Special Features:
- Best scallops!RonigotthilfDined on 2/8/2011Some of the best scallops I had in a long time.We also ordered the fish of the day (corvina) offered in a very tasty description by the waiter, just to hear, 5 minutes later, that they had run out of it...but the salmon saved the evening!Special Features:
- Artisan is situated at theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/29/2011Artisan is situated at the Stonebridge Inn, a short walk from Snowmass Village Mall. The decor and atmosphere are attractive, with an upbeat apres ski atmosphere, and the service was pleasant and attentive. However, we found the menu options to be rather rich and over elaborate. We choose the Ono special, which was OK - plenty of garlic - but nothing to jump up and down about. With two fish plates, a shared appetizer and a medium-priced bottle of white wine, our bill came to more than $160. This just seemed a lot to shell out for what was really an average meal. In our opinion, better food - and much better value - can be found at Garnish, at Timberline up the hill.
- We had a very nice meal withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2011We had a very nice meal with very good service. They also had a children's menu which is a plus for a "fine dining" restaurant. The Trout was delicious - Venison Meatloaf was also very good - hearty portion.Special Features:
- Our entrees were very good.OTKFVIPDined on 1/22/2011Our entrees were very good. The desserts are also very good, and they're tiny -- just the right size for a small treat. However, they're a bit challenging to eat out of the shot glasses they come in. It might be better to find a different way to serve them. Overall, this is a very nice place for dinner in Snowmass.
- Had a wonderful group dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/17/2011Had a wonderful group dinner. XLNT food, attentive service and a return to place!Special Features:
- Had our group dinner thisOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/15/2011Had our group dinner this week in the Columbine Room. The food, service and attention to detail was awesome.Special Features:
- We love the Artisan! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/15/2011We love the Artisan! The food is excellent and the staff is friendly as well as helpful. The recommendations we received for food and wine were superb. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Very much enjoyed the ElkOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/14/2011Very much enjoyed the Elk Steak. amanda, our server, was awesome....very attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Very creative cuisine coupledOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/13/2011Very creative cuisine coupled with a nice wine list and an impressive offering of wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Great food and service. OnOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/13/2011Great food and service. On Tuesday and Thursday night they have an incredible magician that performs in the bar area.Special Features:
- The staff was great, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/12/2011The staff was great, very thought full! The food was great and you cant beat the location!!Special Features:
- We woke up at the StonebridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/11/2011We woke up at the Stonebridge Inn hopeful there would be a halfway decent place to eat somewhere nearby. Thank goodness we didn't have to go far. The Artisan surpassed our expectations at every turn. Let's start with the shuttle driver, Ray, who told us his son, Cody, works breakfast. I wasn't surprised to find that Cody was just as friendly and accomodating as his father. He took care of us many mornings, and we spoke about the nearby mountains and how to get around easily without spending a wad. The breakfast buffet was filling and tasty, a perfect way to start off a snow day! Dinner got even better, with items like local caught trout and superb steak, we never had to leave the building, except to hit the slopes of course!Special Features:
- after ordering multiple coursesgranmmyduckVIPDined on 1/10/2011after ordering multiple courses and bottles if wine, as we waited for our check, we were told that we'd overstayed our welcome. apparently we'd also been pointed out to a waiting party, who glared at my friend as she left, reminding the hostess that we'd had no indication we were to hurry an that in fact, we were waiting for the check when scolded. we're grown-ups--let us know if there's a problem. as always, the pace of service determines when we leave, and did in this case. i was embarrassed in front of out-of-town visitors, and canceled remaining reservations at this restaurant.
- I truly enjoyed my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/10/2011I truly enjoyed my experience at The Artisan! The food was wonderful and exhibited the flavors of a home cooked meal. My compliments to the Chef! The atmosphere was very inviting as well as comfortable. The Staff was helpful with menu choices and everyone was pleasant. I would recommend The Artisan for any occasion!Special Features:
- This is a wonderful find.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/10/2011This is a wonderful find. Ther servers are attentive without being intrusive. Everyone is welcoming and knowledgable. The breakfast buffet is a great value at $14.95 (kids are ridiculously cheap) complete with an omelet and waffle station. Dinner was delightful from beginning to end. Amanda was a fabulous server. I highly recommend the Caesar (FOR GARLIC LOVERS!) and the Elk, Duck, Ribeye, Venison Meatloaf...all to die for. The small bites on the appetizer menu are amazing. The duck pate was worth savoring, and the tuna tartare was exceptionally flavorful. It's wonderful to see a chef utilizing local ingredients at the peak of freshness, and a service staff that respects his vision. I can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Food was exceptional! ServicePuebloanDined on 12/27/2010Food was exceptional! Service could have been a bit improved, but not bad for during the holidays. The view out the windows is beautiful-a winter wonderland!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2010We had a wonderful experience at The Artisan. We ordered several apps to share and were thrilled with the variety of options to satisfy everyone's tastes. The escargot was particularly divine, as were the smoked salmon galette, carpaccio and toast with toppings. We were seated in an alcove near the fireplace, which was cozy and intimate. Our group also enjoyed several entrees. The duck, shrimp risotto and trout were all full of flavor and devoured with smiles on our faces. Thank you for a memorable dining experience. We will be back!Special Features:
- Everything about the ArtisanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2010Everything about the Artisan was great, from the ambiance, to the food and service. I had the Ruby Redt Trout in brown sugar Bourbon sauce with hazelnut...absolutely amazing!! My girlfriend had the duck, in drunken cherry jus, with maytag bleu cheese mashed potatoes...soooo good, we sat on the patio and had a great view, it got a bit chilly out and the manager Todd was super accommodating and found us an indoor table right away, last but not least is the hand selected wine list...there was a wine to pair with eveything on the menu!! Truly an outstanding experience.Special Features:
- Stay away from this one, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/16/2010Stay away from this one, food was just awful, and the staff could care less.
- Our second time having RandalltheodeladyVIPDined on 9/4/2010Our second time having Randall as a waiter. He is great!Special Features:
- Enjoyed a very pleasant dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/26/2010Enjoyed a very pleasant dinner on their patio. Awesome food and incredible service!
- Outstanding food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2010Outstanding food and service. New menu from last year!
- Terrible! Went to the ArtisanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2010Terrible! Went to the Artisan for a nice summer bday dinner. Ended up getting sat next to one of the worst families in the Aspen area. The service wasn't great, but this family made it a point to make fun of the waitstaff like a group of middle schoolers. It was sad and completely ruined the dining experience. That aside, when we asked the manager if we could be moved, we were denied. That also aside, the food was subpar at best for the price. Much like many resort restaurants, so many factors have to be right to make it a great dining experience and this was no different.
- Hard to believe Artisan isPeterVIPDined on 7/26/2010Hard to believe Artisan is in Snowmass/Aspen. Great service, reasonable prices,wide variety of menu choices, and excellent food. Highly recommended, especially after a few nights coping with the glitz, crowds, and rushed atmosphere in Aspen.Special Features:
- We have enjoyed dinners atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2010We have enjoyed dinners at the Artisan during the summer and winter months over the past 2 years. In the summer the outdoor dining and views are great, during the winter it is a cozy dining experience indoors. The food and service has been consisently excellent every time. This is one of our favorite places to dine in Snowmass and perhaps Aspen. The food is creative and well prepared, the prices are reasonable, and we always remark after each meal that we will have to make a point to comeback again next season. Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- We were in Snowmass and AspenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2010We were in Snowmass and Aspen for six nights and loved the Artisan so much we returned there to eat again. Cozy warm atmosphere with very attentive wait staff. The food is excellent and I had a perfectly prepared Halibut with an interesting and delicious arrangement of fresh pea tendrils. This is the type of restaurant you love to visit more than once when you are in the area.Special Features:
- I have lived in Aspen nowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2010I have lived in Aspen now for six years and the Artisan is by far my favorite restaurant for any occasion. I am always treated with outstanding service, excellent food, and a perfect atmosphere. I live in downtown Aspen and am surrounded by some of the best restaurants in the country and I still make the short drive to Snowmass Village to attend the Artisan. Try anything... it's all good.Special Features:
- As a Snowmass local I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2010As a Snowmass local I have eaten at most every restaurant option in Snowmass Village and Aspen. And for my money the Artisan is one of the best around. The bar atmosphere is fun and relaxed, a locals favorite; and the dining room is perfect for nice dinners and special occasions. Bar sandwiches are affordable and delicious. My favorite is the Cuban. Entree highlights include the deservedly ballyhooed Trout, the ridiculously filling duck, and the new meatloaf item. Oh, and I can't forget to mention the braised short ribs, either in app or entree size. So good! Definitely worth checking out if you are in Snowmass Village for any ammount of time.Special Features:
- The steak was gristly andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2010The steak was gristly and tough. The Caesar salad was ok. The duck risotto was uninspired. We had to ask for ground pepper and waited several minutes for the server to find the pepper mill. Overall we were disappointed with what was advertised as the "Finest Restaurant in Snowmass"
- The food was acceptable. CouldOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2010The food was acceptable. Could be a great restaurant. Duck and trout were overcooked. Will give it another try on our next trip to Snowmass. Didn't go to the bar but it looked like it could be a nice place to have drinks.