Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
610 North Orlando Avenue (Highway 17-92)
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3844/Winter-Park/North-Orlando-Area
- Phone: 4076222444
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Zimmerman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Winter Park, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Your local Private Dining Manager in Winter Park, FL will be glad to review your needs, work with you to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Elba Ortega-Cruz 8775789314
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Winter Park, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)romantic (73)fit for foodies (55)notable wine list (50)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (38)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Winter ParkMishaVIPDined on 11/14/2013Would never go back to this location. Sand Lake location the bestSpecial Features:
- Great Service & Great FoodBeamManVIPDined on 11/10/2013As always, the Food was great and the Service was OutStanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationPeterVIPDined on 11/8/2013From the moment we were seated to the end everything was excellent. Some of the food was not prepared as ordered and some was cold but our server corrected this mistake at once without any issue or excuses. Overall the dinner was outstanding and prepared as ordered. We really like their food and presentation. This is a great place for dinner and a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality as always. ClearlybigdogVIPDined on 11/3/2013Great quality as always. Clearly flagship and benchmark of the Ruth Chris steakhouse. 5 stars across the board as always.Special Features:
- ExcellentJasonDined on 11/2/2013Food was great as usual but this time the server was extremely nice and very attentive. One of the best server's I've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodUnhappyVIPDined on 10/27/2013We have always had good food at this restaurant. We highly recommend it for a quiet dinner evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top drawer across the bar.bigdogVIPDined on 10/20/2013This restaurant is so good, it has become a weekly tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK, steak great,mputnamDined on 10/19/2013Food was OK, steak great, Wedge salad dry and disappointing, mashed potatoes were soupy and bread did not seem fresh.
- Top quality and great valuebigdogVIPDined on 10/13/2013With October being a quiet month, this is a great time to experience the lounge and Happy Hour at this 5* venue. Unbelievable Bar menu at $7 from 4:30 to 6:30, Sunday through Friday. I enjoyed the Tenderloin Steak sandwich with Fries, my favorite and my friends had the Half Pound Prime Burger with Fries and Spicy Lobster Bites. Everyone's meal was perfect as was the service by Meaghen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday fun in the lounge.bigdogVIPDined on 10/6/2013My weekly tradition for a meal in the lounge is growing into a social event where friends join me to enjoy great food and top quality service. Everyone of my seven colleagues was impressed with the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Expect them all to come back as regulars.Special Features:
- Great food and outstandingFSUJennVIPDined on 10/3/2013Great food and outstanding service, per usual. Will definitely return.
- Ruth's Chris does it again!MajorDined on 10/1/2013We are frequent diners at Ruth's Chris in Winter Park. My husband and I dine out quite often, and this winter park location is hands down the best. We love the food, ambience, service and for the month of September we love the Magical Dining. What we loved about Magical dining besides the great deal, we were treated as if we were ordering off the regular menu. The staff made us feel very welcome. Top notch establishment. We will continue to be regulars. Hats off to the management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited a bit to see the server,AR001Dined on 9/30/2013Waited a bit to see the server, but after the slow start they were always around. Well made cocktails to start, a Port of Manhattan and Mahattan Eastside. Ordered from the Ruth's Classics set menus. Girlfriend's caesar salad was solid. I asked to sub the seafood gumbo from the Magical Dining menu ($18 cheaper menu), server said no problem, still ended up with chicken and sausage gumbo. Filet, shrimp, green beans, and mac and cheese were all excellent. Ribeye was overcooked. Desserts were the same, a brulee cheesecake, chocolate cookie, and rhubarb compote. The cheesecake ate more like regular creme brulee, excellent. Compote was nice, cookie was very dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Steak!WinterParkCarnivoreDined on 9/30/2013Ruth's Chris has the best Porterhouse steak I"ve ever had anywhere! Three of us split it this time and I still took some home for breakfast. You really know how to cook a steak! Marjorie, Winter Park steak loverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberbigdogVIPDined on 9/30/2013I had the dinner special with the Ribeye, Mac and Cheese, Lobster Bisque with a glass of the St Supery Cab Sauvignon in the lounge. Everything was perfect. The bar was busy for a Monday evening and I made several new friends including a member of the Orlando Magic team. As usual, service by Meaghen was exceptional and the usual friendly visit from David, the manager added to the special evening.Special Features:
- I think customers should receiveMeileiDined on 9/29/2013I think customers should receive a larger portion of food. The amount paid for the overall dinner needs to be "More bang for the buck!" I will say Ruth Chris rolls out the red carpet for customer service.Special Features:
- Expecting the best and got ehhhhhhhjhighlightDined on 9/28/2013I heard soo many good things about this resturant but when I decieded to give it a try with magical dining I went in with high hopes but left with empty dreams. The service was not what I expected, I did see a different level of service from those on the magical dining and those who were regulars and orderd off the main menu. The food was bland and dry but the desert was awesome. My wife and I do a lot of magical dinning to see if we can find a gem and we have but I was disapointed with Ruth Chris and I dont think I would go back well at least to the Winter Park one. Magical Dinning should be an oportunity to sell potential customers to come back but it seems like Ruth Chris see's it as cheap people that want a cheap meal .Special Features:
- FOREVER CONSISTENT, THANK GOODNESSGreystoneVIPDined on 9/28/2013Another perfectly enjoyable evening at Ruth's in Winter Park. Superior service, drink, and food as usual. It couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful evening as alwaystmpnoe4Dined on 9/28/2013We enjoyed our evening at Ruth's Chris Steak House during a birthday celebration. A wonderful filet, garlic roasted mashed potatoes and a very nice glass of Merlot. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- fooddeniseDined on 9/28/2013I thought that the amount of food on the magical dining menu was no deal.At Big Fin I got 6 oyster for an appetizer, a 40z. filet and a good sized, lobster tail, mashed potatoes ( the best I've ever had), and asparagus, plus a choice from 3 desserts. It seemed like Ruth Chris was somewhat put out by the whole magical dining concept.Special Features:
- Happy Hour Catch Up before an eventbigdogVIPDined on 9/25/2013A friend and I dropped in for a quick nibble before a Wine tasting event across the street. As usual great food and service within my short time constraints. I wasn't pleasantly surprised to see Ruth Chris cater the wine tasting with amazing tenderloin skewers and salmon slices on crisps. Beautiful prepared and presented. David O, the manager, remains the model host!Special Features:
- First timeSabrinaDined on 9/22/2013Our first experience and it was amazing. The food was incredible. I didn't know what to expect, but what we got was well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experiencebday21Dined on 9/21/2013The food was delicious, our server was phenomenal and we found out he trains new employees and it was a delightful way to celebrate my birthday. Wonderful suggestion for wine pairings and filet and lobster was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's ok.foodielisaDined on 9/21/2013I was looking forward to this magical dining experience because I hadn't been to a Ruth Chris in 5 years. How disappointed I am. The service was excellent, however the seating stunk. I couldn't hear anything my friend was saying so we just stopped trying. The filet was Very tender but no flavor.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experienceWandaDined on 9/21/2013My husband and I ate at Ruth's Chris for the first time on 9/21/13. We took advantage of the Magical Dining Menu. Both of us agree that the petite filet was the best that we have ever eaten at any restaurant. And, the special menu had just the right selections and portions so that we did not leave the restaurant hungry. We have always heard Sean Hannity rave about the great food here and he is spot on. We will definitely return to this restaurant in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOcnbreezDined on 9/20/2013Had dinner at Ruth Chris to celebrate my brother's birthday. The food was great and the service was outstanding, no complaints at all. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Steak Every time24dinnerVIPDined on 9/17/2013Ruth's Chris has a unique steak taste that you not only savor but you feel that it just can't get any better. I love eating there every time we go. The side dishes are huge and delicious. My wife and I had the Chicken and Andoui Sausage Gumbo that was fantastic and with our filets we had garlic mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. We always carry home leftovers because the portions are so large. We had a small bowl of ice cream and a personal cheesecake that was the perfect size and end to our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always and outstandingFSUJennVIPDined on 9/16/2013Delicious as always and outstanding service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very busy Monday in the bar!bigdogVIPDined on 9/16/2013This was the busiest I've found the bar since I've been coming for Happy Hour. The staff still didn't miss a beat. A couple of friends decided to join me after hearing my rave reviews about the Happy Hour here. They loved it and I expect they will become regulars like me. The changes in the menu are interesting. The zucchini fries are AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were disappointed unfortunatelysaltyVIPDined on 9/14/2013We sat in a back room that was over heated, and being Florida, we really wanted AC that worked. The salads came out incorrectly to start, and then the second time also. What is so hard about no onions that you also do not put the crutons on? The mashed potates and spinache were luke warm . We asked for bread twice and got it after the meal was finished. (ooops) However, the steaks were great and cooked properly. The problem is that you want a meal not just a great steak and want and expect proper service when going to a restaurant with prices as such. The wine list was good and reasonable.Special Features:
- Amazing service with oustandingtopdDined on 9/13/2013Amazing service with oustanding ambience. The wait staff was just right and I had a sense of being at a great European Restaurant. The steak was absolutely the best. I've never had better but that is where the great ended. The salad and soup were salted to the point of not being able to eat. All the other dishes were okay but nothing special. The sides were ordinary and frankly I've had better from a box. The pastry was boring and plain. I would not make an effort to go back to the restaurant even with the wonderful service and ambience.Special Features:
- No reason for us to go backDD32814Dined on 9/12/2013There is no reason for us to go back to Ruth's Chris Steak House The staff never left us alone They took my wife's salad plate and then stood waiting for me to finish my salad I ordered a medium +1 steak and it was at best medium rare. Fortunately the plates are 500 degrees when the meal is served so I was able to cut it and continue cooking it on the plate. The steak was a very good cut They consistently would reach over me while I was eating to pour water in my water glass They rushed us through our meal as if they needed the table and there were more empty tables than occupied
- If a steak house can't cook steaks!luv2dineVIPDined on 9/11/2013You know you're in trouble when a steak house can't cook steaks. My husband and I both ordered our filets medium. His came medium rare and my was so overdone that it was dry, had no flavor, and I didn't eat it. What a shame!!
- terrificLibbyDined on 9/10/2013It was a very nice dining experience, as it always is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orlando Magical DiningJulesDined on 9/7/2013My Daughter and I dined at Ruths Chris in the Winter Park area of Florida on Saturday evening. The food was great and the service was good also. We went primarily because of the $33 Orlando Magical dining which we heard about on line. I was surprised that this was not a part of their regular menu and was not offered to us until I asked the waitress about it. I think it should be a part of the menu so all guests are made aware of this magical event. Otherwise, no complaints, as usual!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowCattDined on 9/5/2013My husband and I enjoyed the magical dinning. Our waiter john was informative and enjoyable. I was in awe as the team worked together to make each table feel as if they were the only table in the room. This is a must go to restaurant for the adults or couples that want to experience the bestSpecial Features:
- CLASSICHungrylikeawolfDined on 9/3/2013Very posh restaurant. Every employee made you feel like you were a VIP. The food was perfectly size, flavored, and priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time, Great Find!CWalkerDined on 9/2/2013This was a memorable experience. Ruth Chris really knows the value of customer service. Our staff was very friendly and knowledgable and recommended great selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RC in Winter Parkeric21978VIPDined on 8/25/2013This is a typical RC restaurant where the ambience and service was outstanding. My filet was overcooked though and it wasn't even the small filet. I ordered it medium and it was well done around the edges and medium-well throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!bigdogVIPDined on 8/25/2013Great food and service and superb Happy Hour specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.