Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
610 North Orlando Avenue (Highway 17-92)
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3844/Winter-Park/North-Orlando-Area
- Phone: 4076222444
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Zimmerman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Winter Park, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Your local Private Dining Manager in Winter Park, FL will be glad to review your needs, work with you to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Elba Ortega-Cruz 8775789314
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Winter Park, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (47)notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (28)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (13)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- First visit of yearbigdogVIPDined on 1/10/2014Have not been here for a while. Still great food, service and ambience. I will be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013The steak was cooked exactly as ordered. Sides are big enough that you could share and order different options. The service was fantastic (right down to constant water refills) and no feeling of being rushed out on a busy, New Year's Eve night.Special Features:
- Best steaks I've ever had!JoelDined on 12/28/2013Best steaks in Orlando! Crisp on the outside, perfectly cooked inside. And the creamed spinach is amazing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely holiday dinneruga6Dined on 12/25/2013We celebrated my husband's birthday. Our table wasn't ready however we only waited a few minutes and we enjoyed a cocktail while waiting. Our waiter Gary was fabulous! He was knowledgeable and made great recommendations! It was a perfect evening out to celebrate! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SizzlesGreystoneVIPDined on 12/24/2013Whether an average evening or a Christmas Eve, this place always sizzles with memorable service, drink, and food, just the very best place to be in Winter Park on any eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas evedisappointedVIPDined on 12/24/2013Had a resv. Waited half hour beyond seating time. $$$ steaks served were not cooked as ordered. Sides sat while steaks cooked more. One dinner of chicken was consumed before the steaks reappeared. No attempt was made for replacemen thot sides Unfortunately mgr spot visited tables but not ours. Servers should be accountable to check food order before serving.Very easy method forsteak doneness especially if medium is ordered and steak isserved rate. All in all, serious money was spent for a table for three and experience was not consistent with a Ruth's Chris.All meats were very overseasoned. Flemmings steakhouse less expensive, better service and reception upon arrival is exceptional. Will go back there.
- Christmas Eve DinnerParttimeFoodyDined on 12/24/2013We had a nice dinner, food was tasty & so was the wine. I would recommend Ruth Chris to anyone who wants to splurge at the holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice returnbigdogVIPDined on 12/23/2013Been away a little while and was pleased that everything was still top notch!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, Very Good all around....BeamManVIPDined on 12/22/2013As always, Very Good all around....Never have had a need to complain about anything.Special Features:
- Another Great MealbigdogVIPDined on 12/8/2013Brilliant 16 oz Ribeye and amazing Lobster Bisque. Great Baby Spinach for side and the classic dessert. All was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wonderful service,FSUJennVIPDined on 12/3/2013Great food and wonderful service, per usual. Will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant dining for special occasionmurielDined on 12/3/2013Celebrated a birthday to indulge in a great tasting steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingScottVIPDined on 11/28/2013Ruth always does it right for Thanksgiving. The service was a little slow but the restaurant was packed. Everything was great otherwise.Special Features:
- Food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/28/2013As always the food was excellent. However the service did leave us a bit disappointed. We are attributed it to the fact that it was a holiday night and maybe they were just off their game. But that won't stop us from coming back,Special Features:
- Wonderful, as alwaysWntrPkGirlDined on 11/28/2013Thanksgiving at Ruth's Chris was just perfect! I went with two people who aren't easy to please and they were both thrilled with the whole experience. Our server recommended a yummy red sparkling wine that was just great. My friend and I had the traditional turkey dinner, which was delicious - plus the restaurant gave each of us a mini turkey dinner to go as a bonus. Dad, not a big turkey eater, had filet mignon and lobster tails which he said were perfect. Service was impeccable as always at Ruth's Chris. This is our second year going here for Thanksgiving and everyone wants to return next year as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening24dinnerVIPDined on 11/27/2013I took my wife out the night before Thanksgiving. The food was excellent as always and we ended up taking home leftovers. The service was attentive and thoughtful. We had a fantastic dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food and wonderful service,FSUJennVIPDined on 11/21/2013Great food and wonderful service, per usual. Will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the new with the oldbigdogVIPDined on 11/17/2013Decided to try some new with the Crab BLT and was pleased. The accompanying zucchini fries were excellent. I also had the Spicy Lobster bits as an entree and was also extremely satisfied with my meal even though it was not my normal red meat meal at a this top steak house.Special Features:
- It just doesn't get any better....MayanneVIPDined on 11/15/2013Than the Winter Park Ruth's Chris. Quiet and cozy, but always a nice buzz. GREAT service from Gary and Karim; food spot on. Great wine choices. The sea bass Friday night was the best I've ever had, and I've ordered it all over the world.Special Features:
- Winter ParkMishaVIPDined on 11/14/2013Would never go back to this location. Sand Lake location the bestSpecial Features:
- Great Service & Great FoodBeamManVIPDined on 11/10/2013As always, the Food was great and the Service was OutStanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationPeterVIPDined on 11/8/2013From the moment we were seated to the end everything was excellent. Some of the food was not prepared as ordered and some was cold but our server corrected this mistake at once without any issue or excuses. Overall the dinner was outstanding and prepared as ordered. We really like their food and presentation. This is a great place for dinner and a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality as always. ClearlybigdogVIPDined on 11/3/2013Great quality as always. Clearly flagship and benchmark of the Ruth Chris steakhouse. 5 stars across the board as always.Special Features:
- ExcellentJasonDined on 11/2/2013Food was great as usual but this time the server was extremely nice and very attentive. One of the best server's I've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodUnhappyVIPDined on 10/27/2013We have always had good food at this restaurant. We highly recommend it for a quiet dinner evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top drawer across the bar.bigdogVIPDined on 10/20/2013This restaurant is so good, it has become a weekly tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK, steak great,mputnamDined on 10/19/2013Food was OK, steak great, Wedge salad dry and disappointing, mashed potatoes were soupy and bread did not seem fresh.
- Top quality and great valuebigdogVIPDined on 10/13/2013With October being a quiet month, this is a great time to experience the lounge and Happy Hour at this 5* venue. Unbelievable Bar menu at $7 from 4:30 to 6:30, Sunday through Friday. I enjoyed the Tenderloin Steak sandwich with Fries, my favorite and my friends had the Half Pound Prime Burger with Fries and Spicy Lobster Bites. Everyone's meal was perfect as was the service by Meaghen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday fun in the lounge.bigdogVIPDined on 10/6/2013My weekly tradition for a meal in the lounge is growing into a social event where friends join me to enjoy great food and top quality service. Everyone of my seven colleagues was impressed with the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Expect them all to come back as regulars.Special Features:
- Great food and outstandingFSUJennVIPDined on 10/3/2013Great food and outstanding service, per usual. Will definitely return.
- Ruth's Chris does it again!MajorDined on 10/1/2013We are frequent diners at Ruth's Chris in Winter Park. My husband and I dine out quite often, and this winter park location is hands down the best. We love the food, ambience, service and for the month of September we love the Magical Dining. What we loved about Magical dining besides the great deal, we were treated as if we were ordering off the regular menu. The staff made us feel very welcome. Top notch establishment. We will continue to be regulars. Hats off to the management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited a bit to see the server,AR001Dined on 9/30/2013Waited a bit to see the server, but after the slow start they were always around. Well made cocktails to start, a Port of Manhattan and Mahattan Eastside. Ordered from the Ruth's Classics set menus. Girlfriend's caesar salad was solid. I asked to sub the seafood gumbo from the Magical Dining menu ($18 cheaper menu), server said no problem, still ended up with chicken and sausage gumbo. Filet, shrimp, green beans, and mac and cheese were all excellent. Ribeye was overcooked. Desserts were the same, a brulee cheesecake, chocolate cookie, and rhubarb compote. The cheesecake ate more like regular creme brulee, excellent. Compote was nice, cookie was very dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Steak!WinterParkCarnivoreDined on 9/30/2013Ruth's Chris has the best Porterhouse steak I"ve ever had anywhere! Three of us split it this time and I still took some home for breakfast. You really know how to cook a steak! Marjorie, Winter Park steak loverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberbigdogVIPDined on 9/30/2013I had the dinner special with the Ribeye, Mac and Cheese, Lobster Bisque with a glass of the St Supery Cab Sauvignon in the lounge. Everything was perfect. The bar was busy for a Monday evening and I made several new friends including a member of the Orlando Magic team. As usual, service by Meaghen was exceptional and the usual friendly visit from David, the manager added to the special evening.Special Features:
- I think customers should receiveMeileiDined on 9/29/2013I think customers should receive a larger portion of food. The amount paid for the overall dinner needs to be "More bang for the buck!" I will say Ruth Chris rolls out the red carpet for customer service.Special Features:
- Expecting the best and got ehhhhhhhjhighlightDined on 9/28/2013I heard soo many good things about this resturant but when I decieded to give it a try with magical dining I went in with high hopes but left with empty dreams. The service was not what I expected, I did see a different level of service from those on the magical dining and those who were regulars and orderd off the main menu. The food was bland and dry but the desert was awesome. My wife and I do a lot of magical dinning to see if we can find a gem and we have but I was disapointed with Ruth Chris and I dont think I would go back well at least to the Winter Park one. Magical Dinning should be an oportunity to sell potential customers to come back but it seems like Ruth Chris see's it as cheap people that want a cheap meal .Special Features:
- FOREVER CONSISTENT, THANK GOODNESSGreystoneVIPDined on 9/28/2013Another perfectly enjoyable evening at Ruth's in Winter Park. Superior service, drink, and food as usual. It couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful evening as alwaystmpnoe4Dined on 9/28/2013We enjoyed our evening at Ruth's Chris Steak House during a birthday celebration. A wonderful filet, garlic roasted mashed potatoes and a very nice glass of Merlot. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- fooddeniseDined on 9/28/2013I thought that the amount of food on the magical dining menu was no deal.At Big Fin I got 6 oyster for an appetizer, a 40z. filet and a good sized, lobster tail, mashed potatoes ( the best I've ever had), and asparagus, plus a choice from 3 desserts. It seemed like Ruth Chris was somewhat put out by the whole magical dining concept.Special Features:
- Happy Hour Catch Up before an eventbigdogVIPDined on 9/25/2013A friend and I dropped in for a quick nibble before a Wine tasting event across the street. As usual great food and service within my short time constraints. I wasn't pleasantly surprised to see Ruth Chris cater the wine tasting with amazing tenderloin skewers and salmon slices on crisps. Beautiful prepared and presented. David O, the manager, remains the model host!Special Features: