Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota
6700 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34231Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3839/Sarasota
- Phone: 9419249442
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Charles W. Amherst
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering in Sarasota, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Deborah Ball 9419249442
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Sarasota, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)notable wine list (14)romantic (11)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great Foodejd77Dined on 11/9/2013We enjoy going to Ruth Chris Steak House, no it's definitely not inexpensive but I would rather pay the price and get great food & service than pinch a penny and regret going out for dinner because of not so great food and not so great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentCiteeGirlDined on 11/8/2013This is a great spot for almost every dining situation. It's pricey, but you know that going in and you get what you pay for. Service is usually spot on, we had someone new so there were some inconsistencies but overall, it was very good. We love this place and think it is one of the best Ruth's Chris we've been to.Special Features:
- Disappointed in SarasotakarenlovestodineoutDined on 11/1/2013Ruth's Chris is usually a favorite go-to for fine/special occasion dining. This time, not so much. While my filet was cooked to perfection, my sister ordered hers medium + -pink center, but no red- and when she cut into hers, it was red, as in almost "walking". The waitress came over and she agreed it was not to her specifications and took it away. She ate the "side dishes" and waited. A few minutes later, the same steak came back and while it was now cooked as ordered, because it had just been re-cooked, it was dry and tough and as she said "not any better than a cheaper restaurant where you pay half the price for". There was no compensation offered, not even a free coffee or dessert. At Ruth's Chris prices, this is unacceptable!Special Features:
- My birthday dinnerJJtlcDined on 10/25/2013Just had a fabulous evening at Ruth's Chris in Sarasota....celebrating my birthday. Everything was absolutely perfect as always. Outstanding service, amazing food, great ambiance.....and on this special night, special birthday touches! I forgot to mention....love the wine list..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and trimmingsarchVIPDined on 10/21/2013Always a fabulous traditional meal - steak, ceasar and wonderful vegies. Don't miss out on the desserts too. They were easily able to accomodate my gluten free husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College son craved a steak!VermontKanakaDined on 10/19/2013In Sarasota for Parents' Weekend at Ringling College, and while I would have loved seafood with a view, my 18-year-old son wanted a great steak. I figured that Ruth's Chris would be perfect for him and it was. Very noisy on Saturday night, but the service was attentive and the steaks hit the spot. Although extremely expensive, if your goal is a stiff drink and a delicious piece of red meat, you should be happy!Special Features:
- Food and musicAdamDined on 10/13/2013Liked the filet and salad and dessert, could hae done with less Michael Buble music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerPatsyDined on 10/8/2013The service was awesome with a happy anniversary greeting at the door as we arrived. Flower petals and a note from the staff also welcomed us on the table. They really pay attention to detail and making the dinner experience very special. And our meal selections of steak and lobster and my halibut special were perfectly cooked. Of course the wine and service were great. 8 years of marriage celebrated perfectly. Thank you Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationPeter1Dined on 9/9/2013We had a party of 6 for a Birthday Party and it was fanastic --it was the first time we had gone --what a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Neighborhood Staple.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/28/2013It is always a treat to dine here. The food and service are always first rate.Special Features:
- Special evening with the familyJohnkwparadiseVIPDined on 8/25/2013As always another fabulous meal at Ruth Chris. Overall service was excellent but halfway through our meals our server left us thirsty as our drinks were empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak Restaurant in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2013Never a bad meal, always professional wait staff and very friendly. This is the best steak place in Sarasota. Very classy, everything perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food outstanding serviceDellaDined on 8/9/2013The best steaks ever! Great place to dine and celebrate a special occasion. We go at least once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is terrific from theWjC1Dined on 8/2/2013Food is terrific from the appetizers to desert, everything on the menu is outstanding. Service couldn't be better. The staff is attentive, polite, professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak restaurantJebRimlaDined on 8/1/2013We visit Sarasota for holiday each year and always come to Ruth's Chris for what we think are the best steaks around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy eating atOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/22/2013We always enjoy eating at Ruth's Chris. The steaks, lamb chops and other main dishes are always excellent. If you don't like the steaks and chops served in hot butter, you need to order them without the butter. This isn't a problem for them, but some people are surprised when the food comes in a lot of hot butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great culinary experienceJobabylegsDined on 7/20/2013With all the hype I had heard about Ruth's Chris, I was afraid it would not live up to my expectations. However, it did that and more! I took 7 women there and had not even one little complaint about anything. Jeannie was our server and was very capable and attentive. The table was beautifully appointed, and the food of course was outstanding. The noise level was a bit high, but not enough to deter any of us from returning for another delicious meal. None of us could handle a desert, but I am sure that the next time we will do so. Making my reservation through Open Table was an easy and efficient way to do so. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumcindiDined on 7/13/2013Do not miss the porterhouse for 2. I have had it 4 times. I love some other places for special occasions but they do not have this delightful treat so my son and I always go for it!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Noisy. Lacks intimacyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2013Went for anniversary. Very noisy. Excellent food and service. Don't go for romantic eventSpecial Features:
- Not the best dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2013Service was extremely slow. We had to ask for our entree several times. They gave us a complimentary dessert because of the wait. I ordered almost well done on my steak and it was red and had to send it back. My guest ordered medium and got well done. It took us 3 hrs. to have dinner. Way too long.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerenjoylifeDined on 6/29/2013The food and service were execellent making for a very enjoyable evening! We highly recommend Ruth's Chris Steak House to anyone for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food preparedWjC1Dined on 6/16/2013Outstanding food prepared to perfection, warm and friendly staff. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually great, but not tonight!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/13/2013Usually the food is outstanding, however tonight I orderd the Petit Filet dinner and the Ahi Tuna appetizer. The Ahi Tuna wasn't as fresh as it could be, and the Petit Filet was not the same standard of beef as the larger order. I am always hesitant to order to the Petit Filet as it never tastes as good as the larger order. The waiters swear it is the same cut, but I am convinced that it isn't. I have dined at Ruth Chris over 200 times, and I'm sad to say that this lower grade of beef is consistent.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/5/2013The entire dining experience was outstanding from service, food, ambiance. I must do restaurant when in the Sarasota area.Special Features:
- Overpriced food disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2013The ambiance is perfection, as is the service, and the bartender makes a super drink, but the overpriced food was a major disappointment. We went there for the steaks and that's what we ordered, petite filet and a rib eye. Perhaps the fact that they were swimming in butter didn't help, but by the time I trimmed all the fat and grizzle from the rib eye there was barely 6 ounces of my 12 ounce steak. The petite filet had the same pool and the grain of the meat was as it should be, but it was a much firmer meat. The sides were good, not great. My final thoughts, next time I will go to Flemings or Michaels on East! This was not worth the cholesterol!
- Nice Special Occasion restaurantBellaGirlDined on 5/25/2013Good food, great service, exactly as expected from Ruth's Chris. No surprises, but just solid, worth the extra money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation stopLongPoleLaxDined on 5/23/2013We decided to stop at tried and true establishment for our first night of vacation. As always, the food was excellent. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the service was good. Our reservations were early in the evening and it was the Florida "off-season" so the restaurant was not very busy. Not being a wine person, I was a little disappointed in the beer selections. Overall, a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome, once againOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/22/2013Just a real "go-to" place. The food and service is always right on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Annivesary!KnowgreatfoodDined on 5/14/2013My wife, daughter and I were vacationing and decided to go somewhere very nice for our 30th wedding anniversary. They greeted us with "Happy Anniversary" and decorated the table with a few Rose Petals. The ladies really enjoyed their cocktails and I enjoyed a very good New Zealand Savignon Blanc. Wife and daughter has the filet special with seafood trio. I had the strip. All was delicious and executed to perfection. We were treated to a complimentary desert trio that was great. The manager caught us at the door on the way out to make sure we enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior ServiceKatBDined on 5/1/2013The staff is simply the best, from the hostess to the valet to the wait staff. They are attentive but not overbearing and they know how to pace a meal properly. We happened to be there on a night where a large party was celebrating a birthday, and although the group was a little loud, we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food have alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2013Service and food have always been top-notch at this Ruth's Chris. The steaks are uniformly very tasty as are the sides and the wine list should satisfy the most discriminating afficionados. What can I say....it's a terrific steak house. And, oh yes,Kristen is the best hostess in Sarasota!Special Features:
- Bad RibeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/30/2013All was good except for the large ribeye that we split...poorest quality for a good steak house in years. Sorry.
- We celebrated my daughter'sChesterMOMVIPDined on 3/25/2013We celebrated my daughter's 18th birthday at Ruth's Chris. The food was excellent as always, but, surprisingly we had terrible service! First, we waited an extrodinarily long time between the appetizers and our meal...twice the server stopped to apologize for the delay. Secondly, when the main course was served, only 5 of the 6 meals appeared, and again the server apologized when the last meal arrived several minutes later. It's unheard of for a restaurant of this caliber to not serve everyone's meals together. Third, my son's steak was medium rare when he ordered medium well and we had to send it back to be cooked a bit more. Three strikes...at Ruth Chris? Really a dissappoinment, especially for the cost - we won't be back.Special Features:
- An awful experience! TheFloridafoodieDined on 3/24/2013An awful experience! The food was terrible and the service even worse. This was a special occassion for us--it will always be memorable for the wrong reasons.
- Excellent for celebrationsFineDinerDined on 3/24/2013Went for husbands birthday- he'd never been. We lucked out by picking a perfect time- early (5pm) the restaurant was quiet and we received all of the wait staff's attention. We were seated in a semi-private room tucked away from the main seating. The food, service and environment were superb and the hubby thoroughly enjoyed the experience. He also raved about the left overs the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013We can always count on a great meal at Ruth's Chris. The whole experience is what we expected from this restaurant. Our server was excellent, which added to a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Don't get too PriceymaarmianVIPDined on 3/20/2013Typical Ruth Chris food. Shrimp Cocktail super. Cowboy steak somewhat fatty. One knows what they are going to get at Ruth Chris. Great quality. The danger is the price point keeps climbing. It may get to high. Less salt would also help. Servive not great but it is difficult to serve in a resturant with an aging population.
- Special attention was givenKathyHVIPDined on 3/16/2013Special attention was given to my partner and I as soon as we walked in the door! Special birthday greetings were extended, service was prompt and helpful. Everything was delicious! Steaks prepared perfectly. Side dishes were generous - enough to share between 2-3 people. A special birthday cake and chocolate treats were presented at the conclusion.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2013Amazing service but the food was just OK considering the price.
- Our 7:45 reservation was notCharDined on 3/13/2013Our 7:45 reservation was not honored until 8:10 and the round table requested was not available. Three of our 6 party wanted to order strip steaks and were told that they were out of them as well as T-bones. For a steak house this is unacceptable. Two of the petite filets ordered were overdone and appeared to be end pieces. The waiter did deduct our drinks from the bill which was a nice gesture but didn't compensate for the poor quality of what a superior restaurant should serve.